Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 22, 2009, 04:21:02 PM
Floatzel

Default The Dawn of Moves

Help post the story of luigi and his rise to the star of Hawt Moves DVD! Randomness is encouraged, but he never dies.

Don't ruin the story with something that makes it REALLY hard to get back on track, like "Then luigi was suddently rocketed from where he was, and crashed into the planet Neptune, and now has to walk 3000 miles to get to a teleport pad. [He can only walk 10 miles a post ololol]"

I will NOT start. You start
Old September 1, 2009, 01:54:16 PM
Regigigas

Default Re: The Dawn of Moves

Seems like a great idea. I will start the story (bad beginning alert!!)

One day, Mario and Luigi were sitting at home, playing Tennis. "Why do all of the games with us in it have to have YOUR name in the title, Mario?" Luigi said.
"Well, I'm-a obviously a-better than you, Luigi. Every-a-body knows dat!" Mario replied.
"I'm sick of it! Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, Mario Baseball, even that one where I was the only playable character, and I had to save you!"
"No, that was Luigi's a-Mansion, remember?"
"I had to do that for myself and that other guy. It had nothing to do with you! I was thinking of Mario is Missing!, duh."
Suddenly, the Mario-Phone started to ring. The ringtone was set to "Invincibility Star".
Mario answered the phone. "It'sa me, Mario! What's up?"
A voice, sounding almost angelic, answered; "Is Luigi there? I need to discuss something with him."
"Uh, yeah. Hold on." Mario handed the phone to Luigi. "Looks like you-a gotta your big break, Luigi." (I love cliffhangers that don't end abruptly!)
Old September 1, 2009, 06:43:59 PM
Regigigas

Luigi's heart jumped, and a smug grin leaped with it, right onto his face. He snatched the receiver from Mario's hand and pulled it quickly to his ear. "Hello?" he inquired with shivers of anticipation.

"Hello, Luigi. I have called because I have a proposal for you." The voice across the line seemed comfortingly pleasant and slightly ethereal. Luigi, in his excitement as he had taken the phone, had expected nothing less than such a proposal from the speaker beyond the line. He opened his mouth to respond, but the voice continued before him. "Of course, I'm sure you want to hear more," told the voice of his unspoken question. And in answer, it continued, "and while I would love to inform you now, I'll need to see you in person to explain more. Will this be alright?" The voice asked this question in the tone of a statement, knowing already the response.

"Of-a course!" exclaimed Luigi. The excitement of this quick and satisfying finality almost led him to hang up then and there, but the voice caught him as he swung the phone toward its holder.

"You may find me at the following address," the speaker told him, and as the information was relayed to him Luigi nodded without the thought that his movement would not carry through the phone. After the voice had finished, Luigi nodded a final time.

"Good. I will see you soon." With that, the line was dead.

Mario had looked at his brother with curiosity during the conversation. He could hardly believe the coincidence of the call, its perfect, uncanny timing. Before he could ask his brother what he had heard, Luigi was out the door, moving quickly into the hills. Looking at the verdant greens of the valleys and the towering trees outside of the window, Mario imagined that the possibilities of the call were farther and more widespread than the whole landscape before him. He quickly closed the blinds, stepped away from the window, and began to tidy the table.

The flat, dull dial tone caught his ear. He noticed that the phone had not been returned to its receiver. Mario replaced the phone and continued his work.
Old October 24, 2009, 03:01:54 PM
Regigigas

As Luigi set out on his wonderful adventure, he stopped by the local Mushroom-Mart to pick up some supplies.
As Luigi walked in, the shopkeeper sprang out of nowhere, and startled Luigi. He had only been in here a few times, and was not accustomed to this kind of welcome.
" Hello, hello, hello!" the shopkeeper sang. " Welcome, welcome, welcome, to the Mushroom Mart, Mart, Mart! I'm, I'm, I'm, Mister Shopkeeper Dee, Dee, Dee! What, what, what, can I get for you today, today, today?" The shopkeeper oddly spoke in intervals of 3.
"Hello, there. Its'a me, Luigi! I'm here to pick up some supplies for my big adventure to meet Princess..." He stopped abruptly. He remembered that the mysterious woman had not said her name. "...Someone. What do you recommend?"
Dee walked over to Luigi and sang, " Well, well, well, we always carry a plentiful supply of Mushrooms, great for any journey, short or long, long, long; We also recommend picking up some Syrup Jars in case you run out of energy for Special Attacks, and some Courage Shells and Thunder Rages, Rages, Rages. Actually, actually, actually, we have a new item, item, item; A, a, a," the shopkeeper continued. ( Man, this guy is annoying!) Luigi thought. (If only there was something shorter for him to say.)
" ...A newly patented product from the Mushroom Mart, Inc., the Explorer's Kit 2000, 2000, 2000!"
Luigi stood dazed from a moment. "Okay, that sounds great! I'll take one."
Luigi paid 200 coins for the Explorer's Kit 2000, and left the shop, never to return.
~~~~~
Chapter 1: The Straight-Curvy Path (continued in next post)