Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 6, 2014, 04:25:26 PM
Regigigas

Default Pokemon Plus and Pokemon Minus.

http://dualpixels.com/2014/01/06/rum...es-plus-minus/

Apparently some "leaked" info. From reading, looks like a home console title. If true, of course. Judge for yourself.
Old January 6, 2014, 04:41:31 PM
Keldeo

Spoiler Alert:    
Yeah, so these games "X" and "Y" came out a few months ago, I know Gen 5 was the shortest on record (by a lot) but I highly doubt they'd start on cranking out a whole new generation with a whole new set of starters this early.

The "Sohei Zelots" thing, from what I could make out of it, is also a wee bit of a stretch from the standard model they've had for approaching two decades, too. If anything, it sounds like a fan game.

And even without the leaker's dubious track record, I prefer to get this kind of news from more trusted sources.

Though the way they're going + and - are game names we're probably going to see fairly soon anyway.

Last edited by Dragonite; January 6, 2014 at 04:42:33 PM.
Old January 6, 2014, 04:49:07 PM
Regigigas

Yeah, I can see that point, but then again, this is a Wii U title. As to where they would put an entire separate team to work on this while working on Pokemon Z (I assume, and hope. Not like that takes much effort, anyways.) on 3DS, AND that Pokemon Detective game being talked about for the Wii U... Yeah, this info does seem far fetched. Buuuut, I'm not gonna buy this until, like you said, there is more concrete info.

Still sounds neat, though. o.o
Old January 6, 2014, 05:39:19 PM
Rayquaza

Seriously why would you even post this!?
Old January 6, 2014, 07:12:38 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Seriously why would you even post this!?
Umm, because it's information. Whether it's true or not, big whoop? I'm not saying it's true, so why you are you getting your tidies in a knot?

You know, I notice you like bashing others for speculation or posting possibilities, however, when you post something of a similar trend, you "purely" admit it's "just" speculation. That's what I'm doing. Why are you bashing? Would you care to at least explain your one line post?
Old January 6, 2014, 07:15:16 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
Umm, because it's information. Whether it's true or not, big whoop? I'm not saying it's true, so why you are you getting your tidies in a knot?

You know, I notice you like bashing others for speculation or posting possibilities, however, when you post something of a similar trend, you "purely" admit it's "just" speculation. That's what I'm doing. Why are you bashing? Would you care to at least explain your one line post?
It's not speculation you're trying to make off someone else's obvious lies as true that's what I have a problem with.
Old January 6, 2014, 07:21:10 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
It's not speculation you're trying to make off someone else's obvious lies as true that's what I have a problem with.
You're right.. It's possibilities. Which then causes speculation. O.o

Whether they are lies or not, why should that impede from discussion? That's why I posted it. To DISCUSS and SPECULATE. You act as if I posted as if it were 100% truth, shoving it down your throat to annoy you directly.
Old January 7, 2014, 12:04:20 AM
Administrator

My guess is that this will be a sort of Pokémon Colosseum 3, as simple as that, and it will be a Gen VI game that can connect with X and Y.
Old January 7, 2014, 05:51:25 AM
Haxorus

I'd definitely be into a new Colosseum (or even Stadium). The whole "Sohei Zelots" explanation sounds like a bad fanfic to me, but I'll let it pass. If any of this turns out to be true, I think I can work up some hype.
Old January 7, 2014, 07:58:22 AM
Kyurem

That's an awful lot of information to be leaked before the games are even announced. I'm not gonna jump and say it's a hoax right away, but I'm skeptical. And I'm not often this skeptical about rumors like this.

And if they're talking about cel shading, then what's up with that normally-shaded render?
Old January 8, 2014, 10:20:24 AM
Kyurem

Well remeber that picture with Lucario and Blaziken fighting in some open street? It could be that pic, that there talking about is what this game will be.
Old January 8, 2014, 09:07:09 PM
Charizard

I hope this is like a Pokemon Colosseum type of game. If it is (for the Wii U of coarse) I'm definitely getting it. I've been waiting for another game of that type to come out Pokemon related (I haven't really hear of any console Pokemon games like Colosseum since then but hey if you know about them let me know, I'm out of the loop). Whether it's true or not, still cool.
Old January 13, 2014, 07:08:26 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueumbreon View Post
I'd definitely be into a new Colosseum (or even Stadium). The whole "Sohei Zelots" explanation sounds like a bad fanfic to me, but I'll let it pass. If any of this turns out to be true, I think I can work up some hype.
What is that? That "Sohei Zelots"? O.o
Old March 3, 2014, 09:06:44 AM
Magikarp

This very well could be real. Pokemon X and Y were announced three months after black 2 and white 2 were released. Also, that man in X and Y says he is from a NEW region and that we will see it soon enough. Plus have you noticed that kalos has very few new pokemon compared to other pokemon games. Could this be because they had plans to introduce more pokemon soon? Plus the idea of human sacrifice is not that farfetch'd (tee-hee). In x and y team flare want to destroy all life. Pokedex entries contain some messed up stuff especially with ghost types. The games and show are rampant with organized crime. Pokemon is not as innocent as one might think. The supposed theme of this game is old traditions vs. new exploration. That seems logical. Introducing new game changing mechanics, a new region, new pokemon, and new pokemon is new exploration. With the whole concept of the new game being history, mythology, and religion (i assume based on the description), as well as it being based off of a place where traditions are sacred, it would fit in perfect with this theme. Even though that theme is part of the rumor, I believe it makes total sense. Plus pokemon x and y introduced tons of new mechanics which many peooople thought wouldn't work. But they ended up being a great new way to play pokemon. Maybe Game freak saw the success there and decided to hop on that train. That is my point of view.
Old March 3, 2014, 05:11:11 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSam888 View Post
Plus the idea of human sacrifice is not that farfetch'd (tee-hee).
Talking about a war long gone where people died, sure.

Talking about a character who has killed someone else in the past, maybe.

But active human sacrifice? Unless you're talking Mario and Game Over, I highly, highly doubt that. That's like having Ford make surf boards. Then you have to market it in a region that banned some of the anime just because Jynx looks like a black lady.
Old March 3, 2014, 05:15:47 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
Talking about a war long gone where people died, sure.

Talking about a character who has killed someone else in the past, maybe.

But active human sacrifice? Unless you're talking Mario and Game Over, I highly, highly doubt that. That's like having Ford make surf boards. Then you have to market it in a region that banned some of the anime just because Jynx looks like a black lady.
Well, Lysandre did threaten to kill everyone at the end of Pokémon Y (and almost did it, too, if they didn't get out of there impossibly fast.) And there was Cyrus who threatened to destroy and recreate the Pokémon universe.

And the Jynx thing was because they thought it was racially offensive, which is a look total child-friendly NoA didn't want.
Old March 3, 2014, 05:25:19 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Well, Lysandre did threaten to kill everyone at the end of Pokémon Y (and almost did it, too, if they didn't get out of there impossibly fast.) And there was Cyrus who threatened to destroy and recreate the Pokémon universe.

And the Jynx thing was because they thought it was racially offensive, which is a look total child-friendly NoA didn't want.
But destroying the universe is completely ludicrous and, since it's never come close to happening to an audience that never experienced the Cold War and probably doesn't even remember 9/11, unreal and nonthreatening.

Taking one of the characters and killing them to appease a (probably imaginary) deity - and probably one of the main characters, since that would build more drama - during the course of the story is a lot more real and personal.

Also, you said it yourself: "child-friendly."

Oh, and this kind of makes me look bad for tacking this on at the end, but about X and Y being revealed only months after Black 2 and White 2 came out? We got the reveal from a Nintendo Direct that was given plenty of hype weeks prior. Plus and Minus? A Dualpixel source that's historically "leaked" several games and been wrong about it nearly two months ago, and nothing since.

Last edited by Dragonite; March 3, 2014 at 05:34:57 PM.
Old March 3, 2014, 07:28:46 PM
Charizard

Pokemon + and -? If it's a full on adventure, then that'd be amazing. There would only be one problem: the transfer of Pokemon if there were new ones and it's still sixth gen.
Old March 3, 2014, 07:35:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFire1337 View Post
Pokemon + and -? If it's a full on adventure, then that'd be amazing. There would only be one problem: the transfer of Pokemon if there were new ones and it's still sixth gen.
That'd be pretty easy: it could connect to Bank and to local Wi-Fi with Gen VI games.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 3, 2014 at 07:35:17 PM.
Old March 4, 2014, 10:41:41 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
That'd be pretty easy: it could connect to Bank and to local Wi-Fi with Gen VI games.
Well, that would be easy, but I mean if there wasn't an update to X/Y and + and - got a whole new Pokédex. For example, free trading between both games, but with the new Pokémon.

Last edited by BluFire1337; March 4, 2014 at 10:42:09 AM.
Old March 5, 2014, 03:04:34 PM
Regigigas

Lol, I forgot about this thread.

I dunno. The real reason I feel this is fake (probably) is because of the fact that; Would they really work on a new region so soon? We still need the "Z" title and the Kalos region seemed quite half-assed (excuse my French) with the number of Pokemon we got.

This most likely seems like an idea they might be throwing around. Also, "killing" a character doesn't seem so far off from Game Freak given all the creepy things X and Y has and then let me refer back to Lavender Town.
Old March 5, 2014, 03:46:51 PM
Giratina

A new region for the Wii U, possibly a Kalos add-on isn't ridiculous. They used Orre twice in third generation. A new generation of Pokémon wouldn't be possible as this one hasn't even seen the light of day for 6 months yet. Unova at least had like 3 years. But maybe this can right what GameFreak wronged during Gen V, I'd be all over a Stadium-styled game, or even better, an XD styled game.

Sometimes, I feel like the only person who wants a new generation with no new Pokémon, no strange and mysterious lore, but just a simple adventure. Something new to spice up the old formula. Maybe that's why I like the spinoffs so much.