Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 5, 2014, 10:11:36 PM
Administrator

Default Sentimental Value in Pokémon

With Ruby and Sapphire nearing 11 years of age outside of Japan and the Pokémon Bank finally having been released, I get sentimental when looking at my Blaziken in Pearl (originally in Sapphire), ready to be sent forward to Gen V and immediately to Gen VI. It reminds me of all the adventures I had back in March of '03. It feels odd to bring it so far forward and to still have it.

Does anyone else have sentimental value in any Pokémon?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; February 5, 2014 at 10:54:57 PM.
Old February 5, 2014, 10:47:10 PM
Celebi

Well....my farthest reaching memory was when I was around 7-8 Playing Pokemon Silver and finally beating Red with a Stroke of luck...and now having my 700+ Hours in my White 2...Scary thinking that I was that kid who couldn't beat red without luck, and now fully grasp the games Mechanics.

but....if there was Any pokemon I still do have sentiments for...it's My infernape from My file in Diamond...that Infernape is still in My White 2...and I think I may just leave it there too

Last edited by JDxImpetus; February 6, 2014 at 12:15:30 AM.
Old February 5, 2014, 11:57:24 PM
Kyurem

I still got a raichu from when it was caught in my firered game as a pikachu-(I cant remeber if he was in Veridin forest or power plant when first caught)-when those games first came out. My buddy raichu is 10 years old.
Right now hes on my White 2 game, not sure when i'll be bringing him in 6th gen yet.
Old February 6, 2014, 03:18:10 AM
Giratina

The first two Pokémon I ever cared about; an Infernape "CHIMMY" from Diamond and a Torterra "Twiggy" from Platinum. The Infernape was my very first Pokémon and I used it to beat Diamond in my first playthrough before I really figured out anything about the series. Torterra was the start of my Turtwig obsession in Platinum, but I got frustrated at how slow it was, and that's when I got into stats and things (mostly the speed stat, I hate slowness.)

Currently both of them are still in Platinum, so that they may always beat the Battle Frontier. I'm too sentimental to pass them forward a generation and get rid of all my ties to 4th Gen games. In the new games I prefer to make precious memories with completely new Pokémon, and that way all of my games can have sentimental value.
Old February 6, 2014, 08:36:47 AM
Kyurem

*still needs to move Keiran (a Serperior) from his copy of White 2*

(Keiran? Well, it was my starter Pokémon in my copy of White 2. Sure held on along enough, and even though it's on one of the PC boxes... I have never released it. First Pokémon never gets released on my watch. I just kind of want to move him... or her... out to the Yventure.)

*realizes that he probably needs to be a Canadian forever in eShop to do even that...*
Old February 6, 2014, 12:34:30 PM
Celebi

The first Pokemon I actually felt attached to were my Feraligatr and Crobat in Gold. Of course they can't carry over, but I recreated them in Soul Silver.

Also, my Regice with good IV's and my Chandelure are also kept very close to me.

My Greninja may join the crew.
Old February 6, 2014, 06:56:36 PM
Charizard

My Meganium from Silver and my Blaziken from Ruby...I'll never get them back, but I've held them in sentimental regard for a long time. I may have to recreate them. I had a crappy moveset on my Meganium, but it got me through some tough situations and my Blaziken, aptly nicknamed "BLAZE" was freaking awesome.
Old March 9, 2014, 10:45:49 AM
Mudkip

I had sentimental value towards my Swampert in Sapphire. I started my Pokemon adventure with Sapphire and Swampert was my first ever Pokemon! I knew she was lucky because.. she was a girl and it is rare to get a starter that is female (I think the chance is 12.5%). Anyways, Swampert was my first level 100 naturally, meaning I didn't give her one Rare Candy or put her in the daycare. I wish I could have transferred her over, but I lost my Sapphire game and we moved from that house.. I miss the game and Swampert D:
Old March 9, 2014, 11:00:22 AM
Kyurem

I have my Lucario that I got from the GTS in Pearl version back in '08 or so (which is when I really got back into Pokémon); I traded it to SoulSilver and will probably send it forward to Y once I've finished (or lost) my Wonderlocke run.

Other than that... well, not really to be honest. I tend to play Pokémon obsessively a few weeks at a time and then forget about it for months (and when I do play it I'm usually starting new games), so I haven't really had the chance to get attached to my Pokémon.
Old March 9, 2014, 11:26:05 AM
Keldeo

Long time ago, I did a run of SoulSilver with only a Typhlosion (and like three HM slaves). Love that thing. All those memories of taking on two whole regions alone and annihilating unlikely matchups (being Level 80 by the time I entered Kanto probably had something to do with that).

I also really like the team I ran through HeartGold with, since HG is so far my favorite Pokémon game and I like that team best out of all the ones I've used so far.

Currently, they're all on my Black 1 game, completely unchanged from when I reset my save file (Dragonite's Level 100 because I had Rare Candies to burn). Where they'll probably stay there for at least four years because X and Y do not deserve to see them.

I have pictures. (They're on Imgur because vBulletin didn't want me to put so many up at once, for some reason.)
Old March 9, 2014, 12:10:30 PM
Shaymin

Definitely my Luxray (Shinx) that I caught on my birthday after getting my DS Lite and racing to the store before close so I could buy a Pokemon game. I love that thing so much, and it means so much to me as Diamond was officially my first Pokemon game (although I had played others' games since I was very young, mostly at daycare). That and my shiny Luxray caught as a Shinx with the Pokeradar by a friend from VR. He's long gone now though, but I always think about him when I see my shiny Luxray.
Old March 9, 2014, 12:20:33 PM
Kyurem

I forgot that i still had my first Dialga on my Soul Silver from when i first got Diamond Version (Was traded to SoulSilver). I just recently transered him to my 5th gen game, so idk maybe sometime later i'll bring him to 6th gen along with my first raichu.
Old March 12, 2014, 11:42:23 PM

Historically I have been sentimentally attached to the legendaries and the starters, but only those, since they were the only ones I really used in the game. Just Blaziken, Kyogre, and Rayquaza in the Sapphire and Emerald. Maybe Lombre.