Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 28, 2014, 12:07:45 PM
Administrator

Default Black Friday 2014

So, who out there has braved the crowds to catch some killer deals? Share your Black Friday adventures.
Old November 28, 2014, 12:59:00 PM
Charizard

I never preorder games, so I went out today on the release of Smash Bros (for UK it's 28th) and nearly got crushed in the store. I managed to get the second-to-last copy of smash, so I was lucky on that front. I was even luckier to get out alive.

Last edited by CinnabarPyro; November 29, 2014 at 02:27:08 AM.
Old November 28, 2014, 03:40:18 PM
Keldeo

Uh, I went to the hardware store and bought a couple drop cloths for painting.

Does that count?

The parking log was a mob scene, btw.
Old November 28, 2014, 04:56:30 PM
Administrator

I went to a Wal-Mart at 3 in the afternoon, and they were still packed with people topping their carts off with a whole array of goodies, from television sets and shoes to Christmas trees and candy. I particularly was interested in the sale on movies and games, so it was quite a sight to see twenty large cardboard stands with quite a variety of media mixed up. Blu-rays and DVDs for many different genres, CDs of various artists, and games for all the current consoles were jumbled up between the shelves. It was a pain finding anything, especially when I came at the time they were relocating the shelves to a very cramped aisle where it was impossible for two people to pass and just barely wide enough for a cart. Meanwhile, everyone was trying to browse the selections.
Old November 28, 2014, 06:07:33 PM

I actually went last night because a buddy of mine was actually looking for something not on sale so I hitched a ride with him. I don't live in a very populated area, so it was actually pretty calm. There was a bit more hustle and bustle than usual, but nothing super overbearing.Target had the Mega Metagross Collection for cards on sale at $32 down from $50. 8 packs, 2 promos, an oversized card, a playmat and a coin, I couldn't turn it down.
Old November 29, 2014, 12:17:05 AM

Toys R Us had a special deal where if you buy any one videogame, the rest of the games you buy are 40% off.

There was also a deal on TCG tins where each one was $15 instead of the usual $20. I would've gotten one, but all of the ones that were there at the time were too outdated. (eg. a Reshiram tin from the BW base set)

Best Buy had a ton of sales, but most of which were TVs.
Old November 30, 2014, 05:08:22 PM
Kyurem

Today my nearby walmart had both Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire sold out cause of Black friday, they havnt even sent out more orders to restock those two games yet. So now i have to wait longer, or download the one of games from the E-shop.
Old December 12, 2014, 07:51:59 PM
Mudkip

I went out late on Thanksgiving with my mom to CVS since they had a nice deal on perfumes, & I needed some more anyways. .-. Took the lady there a bit to actually figure out how the deal worked, & the signage for it was kinda poor in terms of which items were actually meant for the deal & which items weren't meant for the deal. @_@ We went to Walmart after that 'cause my mom wanted to get my dad a new long sleeve shirt & we were gonna go there anyways to get stuff to make a salad.

Both places were pretty calm, though Walmart had staggered deals throughout Thanksgiving Day & early on Black Friday, so that helped out.