Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 14, 2014, 06:07:08 PM
Regigigas

Default Pokemon Fossil Typing.

So, I had originally posted something about this here, but it was removed. Beats me why, I didn't want to create an entire thread for this, but meh.

ANYWAYS, does anyone else share the opinion that they dual typing of Rock for fossil-based Pokemon to be rather annoying and ruins potential of some Pokemon? For example, I always thought Armaldo would be better off with Bug/Steel rather than Bug/Rock. In addition, Aurorus, having the terrible typing of Ice/Rock, would probably be better off with something like Ice/Psychic. That dual typing seems more suiting to it, IMO. Cradily could pass as Grass/Water, though the Sandstorm boost due to it's current Rock typing is nice.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Edit: Umm, I just realized that the title of this thread is kinda misleading. I guess something like "Fossil-Based Pokemon Retyping" would be better.

Last edited by Sub-zero; January 14, 2014 at 07:48:28 PM.
Old January 14, 2014, 06:49:25 PM
Celebi

Tyrantrum Suffers from this the worst.
Rock/Dragon is an AMAZING offensive typing....doesn't mean much when it goes down to the slightest finger flick. in 6 different ways mind you
Old January 14, 2014, 07:44:06 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDxImpetus View Post
Tyrantrum Suffers from this the worst.
Rock/Dragon is an AMAZING offensive typing....doesn't mean much when it goes down to the slightest finger flick. in 6 different ways mind you
Based on design, it's typing suits it. I dunno, I've got problems with it's stat distribution. In fact, all the fossil Pokemon have random stat distribution with Archeops having the highest base stat (I think).

I see Tyrantrum as a Rhyperior with a different typing, and, obviously, without Solid Rock. I haven't experimented with Tyrantrum myself, but I've pretty much been able to deal with them over wifi pretty easily with almost any Sp. Attack.