Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 13, 2012, 09:48:20 AM
Giratina

Default PotW 3: Dunsparce

April 13, 2012

Pokemon of the week #3 is Dunsparce

Overview (From Smogon) :
If ever you find yourself staring down a Dunsparce, stare in horror and amazement; horror at the mere thought of being flinched to death by the only and the best paraflincher in NU and amazement at the fact that your opponent has the guts to use Dunsparce in a serious NU battle. Dunsparce has a rather decent base 100 HP stat as well as usable defenses, usable attacking stats, and mediocre Speed. This land snake, however, can overcome its, and its team's, Speed troubles via paralysis. It is also bulky enough to support and has a 60% paralysis chance with Body Slam, thanks to Serene Grace. On top of that, it has Glare, to paralyze even Ground-types. Its one flaw may be that it does not have access to Wish, therefore allowing lots of other Pokemon to outclass it as a supporter. Despite all that, however, the Pokemon that is horribly outclassed by Jirachi and Togekiss, finds itself quite a niche in NU.

Rules:
You can post as many movesets as you want. Just try to fit them into one post.
All movesets must be original. Meaning they must not be sets that are taken off a website.
Constructive Criticism is good, just no flaming or trolling.
Please try to be serious about the set and provide as much information as possible on how it works.

Base Stats:
HP: 100
Attack: 70
Defense: 70
Special Attack: 65
Special Defense: 65
Speed: 45

Form of Movesets:    

Name of Pokemon @ Item
Nature
Ability
EVs
-
-
-
-
DESCRIPTION

POST YOUR MOVESETS FOR DUNSPARCE NOW

Last edited by PHANTOMxTRAINER; April 13, 2012 at 09:49:38 AM.
Old May 24, 2012, 08:39:09 PM
Kyurem

I got a set i tryed but here it is: (I'll do my best)

Nature: Adamant
Item: LifeOrb
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Headbutt, Thunderwave/Glare, Bite/Cruch, Roost
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 speed

I try to open up with thunderwave or glare (Which ever move i deside to use) then keep trying to eiher Bite the crap out of them or use massive headbutts to make opponet's pokemon to flinch. Then use roost to heal my lifeorb recoil orr heal normal damage. Crunch is there if i want to try to lower my opponet's defense stat if im lucky then use headbutt again to flinch people.

Last edited by kakashidragon; May 24, 2012 at 08:40:39 PM.
Old May 25, 2012, 05:02:46 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
I got a set i tryed but here it is: (I'll do my best)

Nature: Adamant
Item: LifeOrb
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Headbutt, Thunderwave/Glare, Bite/Cruch, Roost
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 speed

I try to open up with thunderwave or glare (Which ever move i deside to use) then keep trying to eiher Bite the crap out of them or use massive headbutts to make opponet's pokemon to flinch. Then use roost to heal my lifeorb recoil orr heal normal damage. Crunch is there if i want to try to lower my opponet's defense stat if im lucky then use headbutt again to flinch people.
Glare is unnecessary, along with Bite. Headbutt and Bite on the same set is a bit redundant because they both cause flinching. Headbutt would be better for the two because Headbutt gets STAB, can flinch, and is more powerful than Bite. Crunch would be more used to try to lower the opponent's defense in this situation, rather than flinch.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; May 25, 2012 at 05:03:29 AM.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:20:27 PM
Kyurem

Bite hits ghost types though, i run into ghost types when using this set.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:27:33 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Bite hits ghost types though, i run into ghost types when using this set.
And that's where Crunch prevails. Crunch is just a more powerful version of Bite with less chance of flinch and a chance for lowering defense. If you honestly want to have Bite on this set, get rid of Headbutt. But I wouldn't do so.