Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 25, 2012, 09:07:52 AM
Cyndaquil

Default A Theory

Well we're all excited for Black and White 2, right? Me too. But has anyone wondered about the new Reshiram and Zekrom? Well, according to the Japan guys, the ice dragon, Kyurem is actually the strongest dragon type. And according to a movie trailer for these forms, it seems that Reshiram and Zekrom have actually received power from Kyurem, for unknown causes. This obviously makes them stronger along with taking more form of Kyurem. It's just a theory, not confirmed.
Old July 25, 2012, 09:15:24 AM
Shaymin

Well what I must point out is that you CANNOT determine a pokemons stats and general power by what a movie trailer shows. The movie usually doesn't much relate to the game. I mean that in the power/stat and storyline region.

So what I am saying is that you cannot watch a movie and expect the movie to be the same. If you watch the anime there are always some odd match ups in pokemon battles, and the unexpected one usually wins that battle in anime. In the game you can't expect something like that to happen.

Look at this anime pic...

http://www.pokemopolis.net/pics/eps/.../solrock08.jpg

That would never happen in the game.
Old July 25, 2012, 09:32:28 AM
Haxorus

I'm guessing it has something to do with Team Plasma somehow harnessing Kyurem's abilities and either figuring out how to use it to either fuse with or steal power from Reshiram or Zekrom...which could be a reason Black Kyurem and White Kyurem look the way they do and have a higher base stat total (R/Z's 680 vs. BK/WK's 700).

Well, it is a theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
you cannot watch a movie and expect the game (fixed) to be the same. If you watch the anime there are always some odd match ups in pokemon battles, and the unexpected one usually wins that battle in anime. In the game you can't expect something like that to happen.
You never know when Magikarp could take out of Haxorus with one hit. Maybe some things aren't meant to be, and some are. After all, a few battles in the anime have some faith to the games (Ash vs. Koga, anyone?).

Last edited by GTP_NickSkyline; July 25, 2012 at 08:08:38 PM.
Old July 25, 2012, 09:43:36 AM
Rayquaza

It is hard to come up with something until we play the games and understand exactly how Kyurem can transform and what is its role in the legend.

My theory is that when the dragon split to two, or so the legend said, a third dragon was born, but untold about. This dragon wasn't as strong as the other two, and thus, remained hidden in the Giant Chasm. However, unknown to all, this dragon has the ability to absorb, or unite, with one of the other two dragons, transforming to a stronger dragon, or a dragon, as strong as the original one.
Old July 26, 2012, 12:40:17 AM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Well what I must point out is that you CANNOT determine a pokemons stats and general power by what a movie trailer shows. The movie usually doesn't much relate to the game. I mean that in the power/stat and storyline region.

So what I am saying is that you cannot watch a movie and expect the movie to be the same. If you watch the anime there are always some odd match ups in pokemon battles, and the unexpected one usually wins that battle in anime. In the game you can't expect something like that to happen.

Look at this anime pic...

http://www.pokemopolis.net/pics/eps/.../solrock08.jpg

That would never happen in the game.
Alrighty, I see the point. Not all came from the trailer though. When I said Kyurem was the strongest dragon type, I got it from Japan information of Black and White. Kyurem was built to be the strongest dragon type. Now the stuff on the movie, I see the point. I cannot directly tell how Reshiram and Zekrom changed, but I can make an estimated guess. Now those impossibilities in the anime, I admit, it's down right impossible. Yet, there are a few things in the anime that do match up with the game, storywise I mean.
Old July 26, 2012, 07:13:55 PM
Giratina

Ooh, story time~ I have a theory, too~ And it's REALLY stupid.
In the ancient times, there were 2 kings. Brothers. (At least I think they were.) Then hey had an argument over which was more important, ideals or truths. So the dragon with them, the original one, split in to 2 sides for truths and ideals, yin and yang. But for each pair, there is a hidden counterbalance. That was Kyurem. Formed as a rock from the cause of the split, he crashed in to the Giant Chasm and made his home there. He was born with the power to take down and control Reshiram and Zekrom since he represents Wuji, the absence of Yin and Yang. His powers can be combined with the other 2 to once again form the original dragon. I'll stop there, the rest of my thoughts are cluttered with Black 2 spoilers.