Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 10, 2012, 09:30:58 PM
Shaymin

Default The Rocket Conundrum

Original Thought. (From Chat)    
But Geovanni dated Delia (Ash's mom)
But I thought Silver was Ash's dad.
But Geovanni is Silver's (the Rival) dad.
But I thought that Silver (the anime character) was Ashes.
But if Geovanni is Ash's dad then Silver (the rival) is his brother!
CRAZY STUFF WENT THROUGH MY MIND!
What if Silver (The rival) is Silver (in anime) but just younger!!!
Then that is a paradox!
A brother can be the father of his brother!
Then... If Geovanni is in Ashes time, but Geo is Silvers father and Silver is also older that Geovanni in the anime...

So this evening I had a CRAZY thought. This involves a paradox... And it is a little confusing. So just hold on tight.

It is often said that Silver (a character in anime, he starred in "The Search for the Legend".) is Ash Ketchum's father. He seemed to actual know Ash when they first "meet" in that episode. So it was for a long time said that he was Ash's dad.
This is what Silver looks like if you dont remember.    
Click image for larger version

Name:	Silver_SS018.png
Views:	790
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	3399

BUT, on the other hand there is Giovanni. In Pokémon Live! it is stated that Delia Ketchum (Ash's mom) dated Giovanni and was in his gang. That is just weird. What if she had Geo's baby and then started the life her life anew (also stated). Ash wouldn't know. So there is another weird thought for you.

ANOTHER thing that was confirms is that Silver (the rival in second gen) is Giovanni's son. That isn't the strange part. What if Silver is Silver? What if Silver (the rival) is Silver (the assumed dad) is what I should say. That would mean that Silver (The rival) is Silver (in anime) but just younger! Young Silver and elder Silver even look alike (but older).

This brings me to another thought that you will gawk at. If Geovanni is Ash's dad (assuming so) then Silver (the rival) is his brother. Then wait... When you put that into action... Then Silver is Ash's brother. But that is a bit crazy because Silver is also old in anime, but Giovanni is (relatively) young. And a son can't be older than his father. Unless he is a times traveler.

Another thing is if Silver is in the game Silver, and so is Ash (Actually it is Red, not Ash, but it was determined by the manga that Red is Ash)... That means that Silver is a times traveler! Let me explain... Okay, so Silver (the rival) is only about 12 in the game Silver. And he is Gio's son. And Ash/Red is also in that game and Ash is 10 in that game. And Silver (in anime) is about 45. If Ash is 10 in anime and 10 in the games, then this was all in the same time frame. And then the elder Silver and young Silver (who are assumably the same person) are living in the same world! WHAT!

(This will be edited later to clarify and make more sense.)

Last edited by teamplasma; August 10, 2012 at 09:31:38 PM.
Old August 10, 2012, 09:47:58 PM
Celebi

wow....biggest mind blowing in such a long time
Old August 10, 2012, 09:57:41 PM
Cyndaquil

The manga and anime/games typically follow different story arcs though. You would run into problems if you tried to put the manga, anime, and game counterparts of every character and their stories from each together, wouldn't you? Granted, not all of them are as severe as this, but..
Old August 11, 2012, 12:00:16 AM
Floatzel

This melted my face
Old August 11, 2012, 12:26:59 AM
Giratina

Well, technically during the time of G/S/C when Silver is introduced, Red grows to be 13, since 3 years have passed.
I can see Silver making friends with Celebi and choosing to stay in the other time period. It makes little sense jumping between universes, but... whoa, this is pretty cool.