Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 5, 2010, 03:29:14 PM
Servine

Default Fire Red Hack: Pokémon Rose (New! Beta Release!)

The Centiq (/sĕn-tēk/) region is a place rich in history. Understanding that history is important for understanding its future. Your journey as a young trainer will take you from the depths of dungeons to the tips of mountains, from the happiest of places, to the dark hideouts of evil. Enjoy the experience of exploring new routes, cities, and caves in Pokémon Rose Version!

A year has passed since a young Pokémon trainer from Kanto defeated Team Rocket and became Kanto's Pokémon League Champion; likewise in the Hoenn region, a young trainer there put an end to Team Aqua and Team Magma's plans and defeated Hoenn's Pokémon League Champion.

Why have Teams Rocket, Aqua, and Magma shown up in the Centiq region? What is the organization known as Thrasher and what is their goal? Could it have something to do with The Emerald Tablet, a mythical artifact believed to be hidden within the Centiq region? The answers to these questions and more await you!

The Story:

Playing as either Aster or Rose, you wake up one morning to learn from your Mother that Professor Larch has returned from his trip abroad. Walking outside to greet the returning Professor, however, leaves you in shock when you see...

...A strange man, with blue hair and a black cloak, threatening the Professor! Quickly, you must fight the intruder with the Pokemon the distressed Professor hands you!

After disposing of the mysterious person's Pokemon, he leaves. Professor Larch thanks you and wishes to reward you...with your very own Pokemon! He takes you to his lab, where your long time friend, Allen, is waiting. Professor Larch offers you one of three Pokémon he received while on his travels. With your new partner by your side, your journey as a Pokémon trainer begins!

Along your journey you will run into villainous foes, tough trainers, and many challenges! If you have what it takes to win, you will be able to overcome all of them.

Features:
  • If I do say so myself, a well-written storyline is to be found in this game! There are eight gyms and the Elite Four to beat, just like a classic Pokemon game, yet there are plot twists around every corner!
  • All 386 Pokemon normally available in the GBA games will be obtainable. Every single Pokemon is available for capture!
  • You have the freedom to choose any of the first three generation's starter Pokemon as a starter. Choose wisely!
  • Teams Rocket, Magma, and Aqua all make appearances. What could their reasons be for showing up in Centiq?
  • References to Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal are made. Just a little neat detail to look out for while playing
  • New items will be included in the game. Whether they are Centiq versions of existing items, or entirely new ones on their own, this game is sure to provide players with many new items to collect and use.
  • Completely redone TM list. Forcing players to re-think their options in this category add to the excitement!
  • Changed movesets. Pokemon will be able to learn moves they normally were not able to. It will be a surprise to find out what!
  • New in-game trades. The player will certainly need these Pokemon to complete their Pokedex! In fact, trading between other games will certainly be helpful in completing the Pokedex--a few Pokemon aren't otherwise available.

Programs Used:
  • AdvanceMap 1.92
  • XSE
  • Overworld Editor RE
  • Unlz-GBA
  • Advanced Pallet Editor
  • Cygnus Hex Editor
  • Advance Text
  • Advance Trainer
  • NTME
  • Door Manager
  • Item Editor
  • Move Editor
  • Tile Molester Alternate
  • Yet Another Pokemon Editor

Media:

Screen Shots:
Spoiler Alert:    

Box Art:
Spoiler Alert:    

Music:
Spoiler Alert:    

Music is composed by Youtuber SuperiorLarxene. These themes will, of course, use different instruments in-game.

Progress:
  • Mapping: Pretty much done. The only maps left to be made are for events that take place after beating the Elite Four.
  • Scripting: Scripts have been written and inserted up to the first gym.
  • Spriting: In need of this, in particular Trainer sprites. If somebody who is talented would like to help, I would like to hear from you!

Releases:
Current Release: Version 0.1 (Alpha) - I don't consider this a "real" version, just more like one that you can play for now and see what I've done.

Support:
Use any of these support banners in your signature to show your support of Pokémon Rose Version!

Support Banner 1:

Support Banner 2:

Help Needed:
  • ASM. There are a few features I would like help implementing into this game.
  • Music. Knowledge of inserting, looping, and changing in-game instruments are all welcome.
  • Sprites. A talented spriter with lots of experience is desired.

FAQ:
Q. How do you play this game?

A. After obtaining a clean copy of an English FireRed ROM (find this yourself), use a patching utility like Lunar IPS to patch Pokemon Rose to the English FireRed ROM. It's very easy, but if you do need a detailed explanation, one can be found here.

Q. Can I help you with [insert thing that isn't on "Help Needed" section]?

A. No, for I have clearly not stated I need help with that!

Q. I want to play the alpha/beta/gamma/delta already!!!

A. Be patient! This is not my highest priority, believe it or not. My time to work on this game is limited, as I'm in college and gear most of my time toward that. Even so, I doubt badgering me is going to make me any more inclined to work on it!

Q. Are you gay?

A. Yes.

Contributors:
Art - Black Rayquaza, Metagross, Xous
CSS - Charizard88
Music - SuperiorLarxene (Youtube)
Sprites - NiKaNoRoU
Attached Files
File Type: ips Rose1v0.1.ips (781.5 KB, 1762 views)

Last edited by Bela; December 28, 2010 at 12:37:17 AM.
Old December 5, 2010, 08:27:43 PM
Volcarona

If I download the beta/alpha/sigma/whatever and play to the end, and then get a later version, will the old save file still work? I'm usually hesitant to play unfinished hacks because of this.

also holy crap Bela just posted on the forum
Old December 5, 2010, 09:13:15 PM
Servine

This may be a legitimate concern in future releases (this alpha release is only about an hour of gameplay), and one wish I hope to be able to resolve. At this current point, I am not sure if it will be possible to play a game on an older save if you patch the rom with a new patch I release. I would sure hope so; but I cannot guarantee it at this moment.
Old December 5, 2010, 09:24:53 PM
Shaymin

In regards to the save file thing, I can't save properly so I'm reduced to save-stating. I dunno if this was an error with the patching or what, but I'm posting it here so that you're aware of any bugs.

Also remember the nickname thing I told you about.
Old December 5, 2010, 10:37:55 PM
Servine

When you first started up the hack, did you get a message which said "Something's wrong with your save settings!" or not?

It might be a setting you need to fix on the emulator.

Last edited by Bela; December 5, 2010 at 10:38:31 PM.
Old December 6, 2010, 02:41:20 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
In regards to the save file thing, I can't save properly so I'm reduced to save-stating. I dunno if this was an error with the patching or what, but I'm posting it here so that you're aware of any bugs.

Also remember the nickname thing I told you about.
Are you running VBA? If so make sure Real time clock is on and make sure save type is set to Flash 128k.

Anyway, I must play this now! *downloads ips patch*
Old December 6, 2010, 06:57:25 PM
Shaymin

This solves my problem, thanks.
Old December 28, 2010, 12:35:38 AM
Servine

After so much time working on Rose, the first beta is now available!

Notes:
Game is playable up to the 2nd gym (Marvelight City)
Lunar IPS was used to create the IPS patch
If you have any questions related to Pokemon Rose itself, feel free to post in this thread. Do not ask me about how to patch a ROM or where to obtain a ROM. For patching a ROM, see this thread.

I have also set up a WordPress website for Rose, which can be seen here.
Attached Files
File Type: ips Rose1v0.1.ips (823.5 KB, 747 views)
Old December 28, 2010, 12:52:09 AM
Keldeo

Hey I'll play it later in the week.
Thanks Bela.

Last edited by JC; December 28, 2010 at 12:52:23 AM. Reason: proofreading
Old December 29, 2010, 03:15:45 PM
Servine

You're welcome JC, I believe you may be one of the few people on this website capable of comprehending the amount of hard work that has gone into producing this hack.
Old December 29, 2010, 09:47:41 PM
Servine

Oh sweet! Just downloaded the beta. I'll probably start trying this out sometime tomorrow.
Old December 30, 2010, 02:34:05 PM
Pikachu

This seems like a REALLY good mod, but I am having a tad bit of trouble.

I am just getting a FLASH, and then nothing. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thank you for the work Bela! Did you draw the map?
Old February 20, 2011, 07:54:48 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
Q. Are you gay?

A. Yes.
You never cease to amaze me XD
Anyway, this is great.
Old May 13, 2011, 10:14:46 AM
Linoone

I'm not sure if it'll happen for anyone else, but when I was observing the Centiq map in the School in Elderoak, and I moved the cursor over the little dot on the island the map showed me on, the game froze. Just a small point.
Old June 29, 2011, 05:13:34 AM
Mudkip

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoguy101 View Post
If I download the beta/alpha/sigma/whatever and play to the end, and then get a later version, will the old save file still work? I'm usually hesitant to play unfinished hacks because of this.
yess..
Old August 18, 2011, 12:47:56 PM
Volcarona

I have a feeling I'm gonna like this hack, big time.
Old August 19, 2011, 03:31:16 PM
Mudkip

I'm loving this hack, the tiles and the story are awesome. The music is pretty neat too, is SuperiorLarxene composing for your whole game?
Old September 17, 2011, 09:11:16 PM
Volcarona

I apologize for bumping a two month old topic, but about the custom soundtrack composed by SuperiorLarxene; I've played a bit through the beta, but I didn't hear any custom music. Were you able to implement these tunes into your hack?
Old January 25, 2012, 11:06:51 AM
Magikarp

This hack seem really cool! Gonna try this even through it is bed time for me!