Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 10, 2010, 08:45:14 AM
Celebi

Default Upcoming Movies

There are a lot of movies coming out, even after the summer blockbuster season has faded.
Just because they don't have all the hype as the summer flicks, they shouldn't be ignored.
Some look promising, some look funny, some even look silly, but it won't stop us from seeing them.
This thread is for the movies that have NOT released in theater yet, so there shouldn't be any
spoilers. However, if you think you have a spoiler, please use SPOILER tags to hide it. I would
prefer anyone who wants to post a movie, please follow these rules:

1) Post a trailer of the movie (from YouTube).
2) Post a summary.

To start off this thread, I want to post the trailer to "The Social Network".

It's due out in October and it's currently unrated, but from the trailer, it may be PG13.
It's basically telling the story of how FaceBook was made. I don't know the real history
behind FaceBook, nor do I care to, but it looks like a good movie. When I first saw the
trailer, it reminded me of the CollegeHumor's FaceBook (fake) movie trailer. The biggest
surprise in this movie, for me, is the face that Justin Timberlake is in it. Normally,
I hate the idea of a former singer drifting into acting, but for some reason Mr Sexyback
himself is actually good as an actor. I believe he appears at 1:28 in the trailer.

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 27, 2010 at 03:19:24 PM. Reason: Sorry but there is no need for this to be so organized
Old September 10, 2010, 10:19:47 AM
Rayquaza

I don't think I will be watching that movie, Jason. It is too simple and seems boring. Personally, I find no upcoming movie that interesting. I might not watch any movie during September and October, but there is one movie that I am definitely going to watch, yet, it won't be released so soon.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1

After Professor Dumbledore was killed in the previous season, Hogwarts became defenseless against the Dark Lord, Voldemort, who has already captured the Ministry of Magic and the rest of the wizarding world. In an attempt to stop Voldemort and his dark age, Harry Potter, along with his two friends, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley, begin searching for what is called the Horcruxes, which are behind Voldemort's immortality. In the mean time, Voldemort orders his Death Eaters to search for Harry Potter and bring him alive, as after all, he is the Chosen One. Who is going to find his desire first? That is the new thrilling Harry Potter which will be in both 2D and 3D.

The release date is going to be on November 19, 2010.

That is a movie that I must watch.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; September 10, 2010 at 10:59:54 AM.
Old September 10, 2010, 11:18:36 AM
Giratina

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I is a movie which I am extremely anticipating. I seriously can't wait to watch it.

Anyways, to be honest, I am not really interested in any movie which is going to be released in September and October. November, however, will contain 2 movies which I definitely want to watch: Harry Potter 7 (Part I) and an animation movie called Megamind. Here's a trailer of the latter:

The movie is going to be released on November 5th.

Megamind summary    
Megamind is the most brilliant supervillain the world has ever known. And the least successful. Over the years, he has tried to conquer Metro City in every imaginable way. Each attempt, a colossal failure thanks to the caped superhero known as "Metro Man," an invincible hero until the day Megamind actually kills him in the throes of one of his botched evil plans. Suddenly, Megamind has no purpose. A supervillain without a superhero. He realizes that achieving his life's ambition is the worst thing that ever happened to him. Megamind decides that the only way out of his rut is to create a new hero opponent called "Titan", who promises to be bigger, better and stronger than Metro Man ever was. Pretty quickly Titan starts to think it's much more fun to be a villain than a good guy . Except Titan doesn't just want to rule the world, he wants to destroy it. Now, Megamind must decide: can he defeat his own diabolical creation? Can the world's smartest man make the smart decision for once? Can the evil genius become the unlikely hero of his own story?

Last edited by Shadow; September 10, 2010 at 11:21:17 AM.
Old September 10, 2010, 11:46:11 AM
Rayquaza

I don't think I will watch that animation movie. I really need to take a rest from those movies. They are popping from nowhere. The storyline isn't that interesting.
Old September 10, 2010, 11:57:07 AM
Celebi

Megamind looks interesting. I'm up for anything Tina Fey is in, but the movie looks like The Incredibles + Despicible Me. xD What is it with all these 3D movies? They're going to ruin the feature.
Old October 1, 2010, 11:12:58 AM
Giratina

I've got some big news: 'The Social Network' received a 98 out of 100 in Metacritic, making it a universal acclaim.
I'm actually quite surprised at this, since I never expected it. I might actually re-consider watching the movie now!

Last edited by Shadow; October 1, 2010 at 11:16:17 AM.
Old October 1, 2010, 11:16:59 AM
Landorus

That guy with the beard from Dinner for Schmucks is popping up in a lot of other comedies lately, like "It's kind of a funny story".

Unfortunately, none of these movies seem interesting.
Old October 1, 2010, 11:18:40 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I've got some big news: 'The Social Network' received a 98 out of 100 in Metacritic, making it a universal acclaim.
I'm actually quite surprised at this, since I never expected it. I might actually re-consider watching the movie now!
98? Really? Maybe it should be called "Easy A".
I haven't gone to see it yet. D: I need to plan to.
Old October 1, 2010, 11:41:05 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
98? Really? Maybe it should be called "Easy A".
I haven't gone to see it yet. D: I need to plan to.
You should it 86% on RT and Roger Ebert gave it 3 1/2 stars out of 4.

Right now the movie that strongly interests me is The Social Network though.

Mega Mind looks pretty awsome too, Will Farell seems to be doing pretty good for his first voice role.

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 1, 2010 at 11:42:53 AM.
Old October 1, 2010, 11:50:01 AM
Celebi

^ Let's hope so. His live action roles are starting to tank... badly. D: His voice can become a legend if he plays his cards right.
Old October 1, 2010, 11:52:07 AM
Landorus

Yeah, I think I'll like Megamind. This world needs more superhero movies, and I've always sympathized with the bad guy.
Old October 1, 2010, 11:55:01 AM
Rayquaza

I think I will watch The Social Network. Everyone loves it.
Old October 1, 2010, 05:29:26 PM
Kyurem

I'm thinking of watching the "Social Network"
It looks interesting o3o
Old October 9, 2010, 01:18:05 AM
Giratina

'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1' will not be released in 3D, as stated in a Yahoo! article. To be honest, I would've LOVED to see it in 3D, but that doesn't take away from my extreme anticipation. Now here's hoping the series finale will be in 3D...

Last edited by Shadow; October 9, 2010 at 01:19:45 AM.
Old October 9, 2010, 06:14:41 AM
Rayquaza

I'm relieved it's not in 3D for so many reasons.

3D is only an excuse for movie companies to charge extra for trickets so that they can make extra money more then regular ones and it doesn't even work for some people.

Then later on when you don't see it in 3D all the special effects just look stupid sometimes.

So that gives me a bigger reason to see the Deathly Hallows now.

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 9, 2010 at 06:15:46 AM.
Old October 9, 2010, 06:50:45 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Then later on when you don't see it in 3D all the special effects just look stupid sometimes.
I can relate. When I finally saw The Final Destination it was on HBO and not in 3D, like in theaters. However, there are certain 3D parts where you can tell it was meant to be in 3D but because it was in 2D it looked so fake. XD
Old October 9, 2010, 10:59:01 AM
Mudkip

That new Matt Damon movie seems eerily similar to Inception. I don't know why, but that's all I can think about watching the previews.

Last edited by Her Charmander beauty; October 9, 2010 at 01:11:36 PM.
Old October 9, 2010, 11:05:18 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Charmander beauty View Post
That new Matt Damon movie seems eerily similar to Inception. I don't know why, but that's all I can think about watching the previews.
Please read the first post.
Old October 10, 2010, 07:27:20 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
Please read the first post.
Should be fixed now, my bad!