Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support

Notices

Victory Road Network Support Suggestions? Errors? Comments? Questions?

Search this Thread
Old April 7, 2013, 09:50:22 PM
Administrator

Default Community events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I guess that makes what we need to do... to make tomorrow's Victory Road a better place. Hmm...

Perhaps a community event is in order. Having very few events isn't enough, apparently - perhaps we need to figure out some way to get something interesting happening at least once a month. I wonder whether that's a tall order, though.
I'm curious, what kind of ideas have you guys got for events? Summer is coming up, and I'd love to capitalize on the free time with some exciting activities around the forum while I try to work more on Floatzel.Net, VGVids, and VRAC.
Old April 7, 2013, 10:04:35 PM

Scavenger hunts and more tournaments. A lot of users here play Brawl and we never finished the tournament that was held last year, so maybe we can have a new one over the Summer?
Old April 7, 2013, 10:15:37 PM
Administrator

I've considered quite a few scavenger hunts, but I always worried about making them too easy (abuse of the search engine) or too hard (using really old posts in crappy threads). The prize was always legendary pets, though.
Old April 7, 2013, 10:29:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I've considered quite a few scavenger hunts, but I always worried about making them too easy (abuse of the search engine) or too hard (using really old posts in crappy threads). The prize was always legendary pets, though.
What if the winner gets to choose which pet should be incorporated into VRAC?

Last edited by Reuniclus; April 7, 2013 at 10:29:47 PM.
Old April 8, 2013, 03:26:43 AM
Shaymin

Contests are my favorite; whether it is "Design the next VRAC Pet" or art or Scavenger Hunt, those type of passive-competitive games are what I like.
Old April 8, 2013, 03:35:18 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Hehe.

I've seen some cases of both "too hard" and "too easy" on events hosted on other forums, and they're actually pretty easy to spot why. I've even see "hard" events that, in a bid to increase difficult, went meta... It's very confusing.

Think about what kind of events you had in your school. Try to think of a way to translate them into forum terms. You'd have plenty of inspiration for your events then.

Besides, events do not have to be kept in the real world, too. An art or photography contest works, too.

Last edited by Twiggy; April 8, 2013 at 03:37:01 AM.
Old April 8, 2013, 10:45:14 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Perhaps a way to get around this would be to make a couple of "difficulty" scavenger hunts at a time. To elaborate, maybe have more complex riddles and solutions for a "harder" scavenger hunt, and possibly give people better rewards for more difficult finds. (Or maybe, I'm just rambling and this isn't what I think it's about at all... I'm having a bit of trouble thinking today.)
Old April 8, 2013, 02:05:23 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Hmph, I could've sworn I posted them already. But anyways, as a cool Birthday Party sort of thing, the members participating (Probably should consist of people who have been here for at least a month or more) would compete in little activities that get judged once a week. The highest point-scoring team at the end of the maybe 3 cycles will win a prize. Perhaps an adoptable, or something everybody can receive. As for what those activities are? Maybe a riddle, a trivia of Victory Road's past, creating a team name, team banner, team emblem, earning a spot on top 10 for an arcade game, spirit points, etc. Cat, may I PM you about more info? That is, only if you are interested.
I listed these awhile ago. Maybe you might be interested in these?
Old April 8, 2013, 06:41:26 PM
Charizard

Like I mentioned in the Floatzel.net revamp thread, we need Pokemon tournaments. Maybe have a specific ruleset unique to VR or maybe have certain TYPES of tournaments. I'd also love a Mario Kart 7 tournament or maybe a tournament for the future inevitable "Mario Kart U/8"
Old April 8, 2013, 08:43:01 PM
Kyurem

Speaking of events, I've always thought that events do not have to be hosted only by VR staff. You could always have a member host some of them.
Old April 9, 2013, 08:49:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Scavenger hunts and more tournaments. A lot of users here play Brawl and we never finished the tournament that was held last year, so maybe we can have a new one over the Summer?
It's up to members to ask me, and I just kinda oversee that it goes smoothly. Of course, they never do since almost every tournament half the people don't show up, even if it's only eight people or so... but that's besides the point. What I'm saying is people need to ask. I can't do it a lot currently because much of my time is invested in work and school.
Old April 9, 2013, 12:48:48 PM
Administrator

Tournaments are always fun, but it seems like they're always in a slump when there isn't a holiday nearby. In fact, Easter would've been a great time to run one, as there were a lot of people around all day talking about what the Easter Bunny brought them. Like always, summer is coming up, so we could try a few tournaments then. (What about Memorial Day weekend?)

Besides scavenger hunts and tournaments, what other types of activities could be fun for everyone. (Please be specific, if you can.)
Old April 9, 2013, 01:09:40 PM
Volcarona

I was thinking doing some kind of Minecraft competition. There are plenty of Minecraft minigames out there that would be good to have little competitions in. Perhaps some sort of Victory Road Minecraft Olympics?
Old April 9, 2013, 01:38:07 PM
Giratina

Does Guess that Member count as a scavenger hunt? That could be a challenging one, and the winner can win that person's favorite Pokemon (assuming it isn't obtainable already). That can be a good way to get to know the different members as well. Another one is a Forum Motto contest. That was suggested on the Suggestions Thread though.