Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 30, 2012, 08:20:56 PM
Administrator

Default Disney buys Lucasfilm

Lucasfilm, a name synonymous with Star Wars and Indiana Jones, and a few other classics brought to us by the creative genious, George Lucas. Disney has recently acquired the giant for a whopping $4.05 billion. I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I trust Disney's firm grip and demanding power too much anymore. They do tend to keep their image of a family-friendly company and killer ratings with the work of the Pixar division, but I'm not sure what this holds for the future of the "new" Lucasfilm division.

http://paidcontent.org/2012/10/30/di...-4-05-billion/
Old October 30, 2012, 08:28:56 PM

When I first heard of this, all the "Disturbance in the force" jokes sprang to my mind. I honestly don't trust Disney with producing Star Wars movie that can live up to the expectations and standards that have been set in place from George Lucas. I'm going to give Disney the benefit of the doubt though, and I'm not going to say that this is bad or anything...I'm just doubtful. I guess we'll just have to watch the new Star Wars movies and judge them for ourselves if they are great or not.
Old October 30, 2012, 08:36:43 PM
Regigigas

The only good I see coming from this is, since Disney also governs what goes into the Kingdom Hearts games, this could also mean that a few LucasArts worlds could pop up in future KH releases. Might be interesting to play through a Deathstar world.
Old October 31, 2012, 03:40:37 AM
Zoroark

Guess who hates disney now? THey plan on making an episode 7 to star wars... The last time they started a new trilogy in that series they created Jar Jar Binks! I really hope they are bluffing with this.
Old October 31, 2012, 04:00:12 AM
Charizard

I'm forever reminded of this comic:

http://niban-destikim.deviantart.com...alph-333529899
Old October 31, 2012, 04:38:01 AM
Haxorus

It doesn't really surprise me that it happened. However, 2015 for the Episode 7 release? That seems really soon. We'll see how it turns out, I guess. I think I'll reserve my judgement for when I see this new movie. What I'm wondering is what they're going to do for actors...

Also, have you seen they have Star Wars Angry Birds?
Old October 31, 2012, 11:13:14 AM
Giratina

According to the news channel I watch every morning, Disney has also announced that not only will they be making episode 7, but they will continue on to make episode 8 and 9 in the future.

As a joke, I said the next 3 Star Wars movies will about Luke Skywalker teaming up with Mickey Mouse to take down Pete and the ghost of Emperor Palpatine.
Old October 31, 2012, 11:34:47 AM
Regigigas

inb4 someone makes a Disney Princess Leia joke

No. Bad Disney. You don't need to buy EVERY company in the world. What do you even want Lucasfilm for?

Also, calling it right now: Episodes VII, VIII, and IX won't be canon.
Also also, isn't it funny how fast things can turn around?
Old October 31, 2012, 11:55:48 AM
Giratina

According to my friend, George Lucas was excited about the upcoming release of Episode VII. I said to him "Nah, he's just excited about the two billion dollars he just received." Supposedly George is getting two billion dollars and half of whatever the ticket revenue makes when the movies are released.
Old October 31, 2012, 12:53:05 PM
Rayquaza

Clearly this and the buy out of Marvel was so they could have the full rights to this

Old November 11, 2012, 09:45:17 AM
Servine

I really didn't know what to think. Disney? Buying out Lucas Film? The idea of it terrifies me. As a hard core Star Wars fan, I was just upset by it. However, it may not be so bad after all. Disney has had some success working with Marvel films. Maybe SW 7-9 won't be too bad? Plus it is more Star Wars to enjoy (unless they completely disintegrate the series into dust).