Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 21, 2012, 03:40:44 AM
Volcarona

Default One year on the Nintendo 3DS sells 5 million units in Japan alone

While it's not to the date one year on since the 3DS's launch in Japan (The actual date is February 25th), it has managed to sell 5 million units since its launch there.

This makes it the fastest system to hit the 5 million mark in Japan ever. For comparison its predecessor, the DS, took about a month or two longer to sell the same amount.

While the 3DS had a slow and unsuccessful start, the price cut and the release of such titles as; Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3 G and Super Mario 3D Land, have helped it sell more.

This news isn't without it's bad point. This comes in news that Nintendo predict their first annual loss in its history.

Source: The Verge

Last edited by zsaberslash; February 21, 2012 at 03:41:26 AM.
Old February 21, 2012, 04:01:00 AM
Rayquaza

I couldn't expect less than a loss, to be honest. Slowly, people are losing interest in Nintendo, since other consoles, which have become cheaper than before, are attracting more customers. It is rare nowadays to see someone holding a DS or a 3DS as a matter of fact.
Old April 6, 2012, 12:58:10 PM
Zoroark

actually if nintendo made a new game thats not the same of this list billow:
mario pokemon link
mario pokemon link
mario pokemon link
mario pokemon link
mario pokemon link
mario pokemon link
mario pokemon link
mario pokemon link
mario pokemon link
yes i did copy and paste it all -.-
if they made better games than the normal mario pokemon and link games they be more succseful and the 3ds thing
hosbitals
people get something after 5 minutes of play
and other games if once in a blue moon
end

Last edited by DashArmy; April 6, 2012 at 01:45:32 PM. Reason: We get it.
Old April 7, 2012, 04:50:10 AM
Kyurem

For the record, D4L, they have launched Star Fox 64 3D and Kid Icarus: Uprising, and soon there's gonna be a flurry of third party games (Ridge Racer 3D, KH3D, etc). Now, a remake of Goldeneye, or any FPS for that matter, would definitely be interesting.
Old April 7, 2012, 05:36:24 AM
Giratina

Even though Nintendo has reported their first annual loss, I think they are going to makeup for that once the next gen consoles are released (Wii U, PS4, and Xbox 720). From what I was told, the 720 might only have download-only games. If anyone remembers how poorly the PSP Go did, it's because of download-only games. Also, I was told in the chat that Gamestop threatened to not sell PS4 games (don't remember exactly why. It had something to do with PS4 games not being able to be sold used), which would severely hurt the PS4's sales. Giving Nintendo the perfect opportunity to get far ahead of their competition.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; April 7, 2012 at 05:37:13 AM.
Old April 9, 2012, 10:06:54 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Even though Nintendo has reported their first annual loss, I think they are going to makeup for that once the next gen consoles are released (Wii U, PS4, and Xbox 720). From what I was told, the 720 might only have download-only games. If anyone remembers how poorly the PSP Go did, it's because of download-only games. Also, I was told in the chat that Gamestop threatened to not sell PS4 games (don't remember exactly why. It had something to do with PS4 games not being able to be sold used), which would severely hurt the PS4's sales. Giving Nintendo the perfect opportunity to get far ahead of their competition.
Information about PS4 are still rumors, especially when it concerns the games. Even if that was true, Sony can always change this technical detail, and so can Microsoft regarding X720. What Nintendo is lacking is variety of games and sadly, it is losing in terms of quality. Right now, most of the games that are making big hits are FIFA, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty and other well-built and highly admired games. These games are usually on both PS3 and X360, while rarely on a Nintendo console. Even then, they are in a better condition on a PS3 or X360.

Plus, there is this trend among the majority of gamers to deduce that Nintendo is mainly for younger ages. Sadly, the games of the Wii did not help remove this thought, but enforce it.