Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White 2

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 3, 2013, 05:59:09 PM
Kyurem

Default Pokémon Black 2 Mono-Grass Random Nuzlocke

Yeah...I totally went there.

GPFTW's Pokémon Black 2 Mono-Grass Random Nuzlocke Challenge!

Call me crazy, call me insane...but I asked myself, not "why," but "why not?" I figured this might be fun and awesome thing for me to play around with. Sure it'll be epically difficult, but I think I'm up to this challenge. May luck smile upon me...

The rules of this Nuzlocke are as follows:
  • A Pokémon that faints is considered "dead" and is to be released at the closest possible convenience.
  • Wild Pokémon encounters are generated by an Action Replay randomizer code until a Grass-type Pokémon for that area is caught OR defeated, at which time the code is disabled until the next route/area. I am free to run away from any wild Pokémon.
  • I must attempt to catch the first Grass-type Pokémon to appear in the area, so long as it meets the following parameters:
    The Pokémon in question must be of a possible level-evolutionary stage combination. For example, I am not allowed to catch a Level 2 Sceptile as it is an impossibility. Things like Level 2 Roserade, Level 2 Exeggutor, etc. are legal, however.

The area must contain grass. This is mostly to make it so that I have enough possibilities to catch Grass Pokémon, but not too many; if I let every area have Pokémon I can catch, I'd be out of Grass Pokémon to catch in no time at all.

Furthermore, Celebi, Shaymin, and Virizion cannot be caught.
  • I am not allowed to receive Pokémon from NPCs, except for the starter Pokémon. For example, I will not be getting N’s Zorua, or that one NPC’s Petilil.
  • I am not allowed to use items during battles, EXCEPT for items held on a Pokémon. Items are free to be used outside of battle.
  • I will not catch duplicates of Pokémon/members of the same evolutionary family that have already been caught. This includes Pokémon/members of the same evolutionary family that have already died through the course of the nuzlocke.
  • Battle style must be "Set" instead of "Shift."
  • Pokémon Centers and their PokéMarts can be used as convenient.
  • I am allowed to use the Day Care, though it is not as relevant in this case as the Day Care is not encountered until post-game and loses its usefulness. However, I am not allowed to breed for eggs.
  • Revives and Max Revives must be tossed as soon as they have been obtained. Furthermore, Revives cannot be purchased. Rare Candies are allowed, but cannot be used on fainted/dead Pokémon.
  • Interactable legendary Pokémon are to be ignored, unless it is to move the plot. (ex: I have to ignore Virizion *sob* but I must fight Kyurem in the main story as it is essential to proceed with the plot)
  • All Pokémon will be nicknamed.
  • Black 2 does have the Challenge Mode option, albeit by post-game. For the duration of the main game, I will still use the Normal Mode, and will switch to Challenge Mode once post-game begins.

Regarding updates:
  • You can keep updated on this thread if you want a more silly and not-so-serious and systematic view on the nuzlocke, but I will also be making a far more dramatic, fanfiction-style take on the nuzlocke, so if you want to view from there, then click here to go check it out. Feel free to comment wherever.
  • This thread and the fanfic thread will be updated at near-simultaneity, so even if the next part is done, I won't post until I've finished writing.

The first part should be up later tonight or early tomorrow morning. Stay tuned!

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; July 4, 2013 at 03:10:25 PM. Reason: Edited one rule, but it won't affect much.
Old July 3, 2013, 07:38:01 PM

Ohhh this'll be fun to read when I have some free time. ^^ I managed to find the power cord to my old laptop, so I can continue on with my Platinum Nuzlocke run. The fact that you're including a fanfiction makes this all the more entertaining.
Old July 3, 2013, 08:37:18 PM
Kyurem

PART 1: THE ADVENTURE COMMENCES

Click here for the fanfic version.
Note: this may not be for you if you're one of those tl;dr people. Probably not a good idea, those segments are LONG. Well, these segments are long too...but imagine this, except stretched out about twice as long, and more confusing. Yeah, that's the fanfic version. So if you're strapped for time, this is your best bet.

----------------------------------------------------

Oh Nuzlockes. I'm sure they're a whole lot of fun, aren't they. I've watched a number of nuzlockes, and let me tell you, each death is filled with heartbreak, agony, and loss. (If you don't believe me, you'll see once I have my first death...) It's also a tense experience; every battle carries that risk of death, and when a death happens early-game, it's definitely not a good time. Even going through the first cutscenes of the game, I was having just the most terrible time; my hands were sweaty, and I was shaking...and I hadn't even received my starter yet! Luckily enough, I'm aware, through various play-throughs of Black 2, that it is VERY hard to lose the first battle. So with that one thought of hope in my hand, I went on.

So we had the whole cutscene with Mom and Professor Juniper and all of the latter's shenaniganry, and I clicked on and on in anticipation of what the first battle would bring. I went up to Aspertia Lookout, found Bianca, and got my first Pokémon...and now, the true Nuzlocke begins!

NEW MEMBER!
Pokémon Sprite 495
Sir Ivy the Snivy (♂)
Met 7/3/2013, at Aspertia City, at Level 5
Nature: Quirky // Characteristic: Likes to relax.
Ability: Overgrow // Moves: Tackle, Leer

I was both pleased and disappointed with Sir Ivy; its attacking stats were somewhat low, and its defenses were decent. Its HP was nice, sitting at an even 20, but Quirky Nature wasn't doing any favors. Still, a quirky nature was pretty awesome for the fanfiction version...so, I didn't complain. Regardless, I trekked on with my starter by my side, and proceeded in our battle with the one and only HUGH!

BATTLE: Pokémon Trainer Hugh vs. Grass
As expected, Hugh, being the scumbag he is, took advantage of me picking the Grass-type and sent out his Level 5 Tepig. Not that it really matters in this case, since Tepig doesn't know any Fire moves yet, so I wasn't worried. Sir Ivy, of the equal level, proceeded to have an epic Tackle fest with the opponent. Two Tackles in for each, Tepig was just above half HP, while Sir Ivy was at exactly half. I began to sweat; first battle of the game, and was I already done for? I continued with another Tackle, and with Sir Ivy being faster, I miraculously landed a critical hit. YEAAAAAAH! With that, Tepig went down, and I was crowned the victor! Oh, and Sir Ivy grew to Level 6. That was important, though statwise, not much really changed. But I got through the first battle of the game without suffering massive casualties...and in the end, that's all that is important.

After that came the whole Pokémon Center tutorial. I suppose I'd better embrace it, as I'm probably going to be visiting that place a lot. Not just for healing, mind you. For those of you who don't catch my drift, you'll see soon enough. Because, as you can see, I have so much faith in myself. I stocked up on some Potions, received 10 free Pokéballs from Bianca (yay!) and made my way out. Only to get ambushed by my mother and Hugh's sister to give me two maps and replacement shoes for the ones that somehow prevent me from running. That's something I never really understood...but, I'll roll with it anyways. Besides, that's not the point.

Now then, in the next part, I'll proceed onto the next route and (hopefully) catch my first new Pokémon! Now the true nuzlocke begins...

The Crew    
Pokémon Sprite 495
Sir Ivy - Snivy - ♂ // Level 6
Moves: Tackle // Leer // --- // ---
Held Item: None
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Quirky (neutral)
Characteristic: Likes to relax.
Changes in this Part: Obtained, gained 1 Level

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    
None

Current Location: Aspertia City

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; July 4, 2013 at 11:11:04 AM.
Old July 4, 2013, 09:22:18 AM
Kyurem

PART 2: TROUBLES ON ROUTE 19

Note: this may not be for you if you're one of those tl;dr people. Probably not a good idea, those segments are LONG. Well, these segments are long too...but imagine this, except stretched out about twice as long, and more confusing. Yeah, that's the fanfic version. So if you're strapped for time, this is your best bet.

Alright, some pretty intense stuff happened today...

I followed Bianca onto Route 19 as planned, and what happens? It's the classic "show you more things you already know" game! This time, our host, Bianca, decided to show us how to catch a Level 2 Purrloin! Oh how very useful! [/sarcasm]

Once that annoying tutorial was out of the way, I turned on my AR randomizer code, and got to work. Simply put, finding a legitimate Pokémon was no picnic. The first Pokémon I ran into was an illegitimate Grotle, and things only got worse...in order, here's what I found before finding a Pokémon I could catch!

Grotle, Camerupt, Kricketot, Lickilicky, Weavile, Misdreavus, Finneon, Zebstrika, Weepinbell, Gulpin, Stunfisk, TORNADUS (almost killed me), Espeon, KELDEO, Rampardos, Swinub, Flareon, RESHIRAM, Xatu, Nidoqueen, Weavile (again), Walrein, Octillery, Zoroark, Sceptile , Lickilicky (again), Quilava.

I was able to successfully run away from all of them on the first turn with the exception of Tornadus, which nearly killed me with two Gusts (at 8 damage each, and leaving Sir Ivy dangling with 6 HP). And so, one trip to the Pokémon Center later, I returned to my endeavors. I did not imagine having to encounter three legendaries before I finally found a Grass Pokémon I could catch...

And it was a TROPIUS! I was more than pleased, to say in the least. I mean, who wouldn't be? The first Pokémon I get to catch is a giant freakin' dinosaur with palm leaf wings and bananas on its neck! However, catching that Pokémon made me very scared to say in the least; it was the Tornadus all over again. Two Gusts from that Tropius at 8 damage each put Sir Ivy down to 6 HP, at which point, even though it had little over 1/3 of its HP left, I risked it all and chucked my Pokéball. And, luck decided to be kind to me, and I had successfully caught our first new member!

NEW MEMBER!
Pokémon Sprite 357
Tropicana the Tropius (♀)
Met 7/3/2013, at Route 19, at Level 4
Nature: Gentle // Characteristic: Impetuous and silly.
Ability: Solar Power // Moves: Leer, Gust

Having had way too close a call, I took a quick break at the Pokémon Center before setting out to claim experience points for my two warriors. Sir Ivy and Tropicana both fought tirelessly against the hoards of Purrloin, each accumulating a load of experience that pushed them both up 4 levels. Sir Ivy also learned Vine Whip, and Tropius learned Growth. The former will be useful in time, and the latter's isn't great, but it's better than Leer. I did have a close call in which I got a little complacent and a foe Purrloin's critical hit Scratch nearly took out Tropicana, but I was able to finish it off before the issue escalated. I'll have to be more careful about that in the future...

When I figured I had done enough training, I moved on towards Floccesy Town, but who would I happen to meet but the prestigious Alder! He proceeded to look me over (wut) and told me that Tropicana was doing great, but I wasn't a seasoned Trainer yet. Gee, thanks, Alder, it's not like I haven't been playing Pokémon for 11 years, thank you. Putting that aside, Alder offered to train me. What sort of training awaits me? And how will my Pokémon make it through this rigor? Find out next time!

The Crew    
Pokémon Sprite 495
Sir Ivy - Snivy - ♂ // Level 10
Moves: Tackle // Leer // Vine Whip // Wrap
Changes in this Part: Gained 4 Levels, learned Vine Whip and Wrap

Pokémon Sprite 357
Tropicana - Tropius - ♀ // Level 8
Moves: Leer // Gust // Growth // ---
Ability: Solar Power
Nature: Gentle (+SpD, -Def)
Characteristic: Impetuous and silly.
Changes in this Part: Obtained, gained 4 Levels, learned Growth

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    
None

Current Location: Floccesy Town

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; July 4, 2013 at 05:09:36 PM.
Old July 4, 2013, 05:06:36 PM
Kyurem

PART 3: DUDE, WHERE'S MY RANCH?

Funny how these posts take longer than me actually doing the thing. Whatever, I aim to give you the best coverage I can, and here's my attempt! So, last time, I caught myself a Tropius and nicknamed her Tropicana. She's the gentle giant of the group...love how that works, haha. Anyways, we encountered Alder, and he led us into Floccesy Town.

After a quick stop at the Pokémon Center, I followed Alder to his training house...thing...but then said that I should probably deliver my second Town Map to Hugh while I had the chance. Since Alder was rather insistent on that, I decided to move on to Route 20.

Since it's a new area, I, surprise surprise, turned on my AR randomizer and went on with my work. After two battles with those pesky Youngsters and Lasses, which Tropicana obliterated with Gust, I went on ahead into the grass in hopes of catching the next member of my party. Once again, my encounters were strange, but it didn't take nearly as long as it did to find Tropicana.

Encounters on Route 20: Mienshao, Barboach, Ledian, Latios, Pansear, Houndoom, Rufflet, Audino, Misdreavus, Seel, Clamperl, Meganium, Mothim, Krabby, Cherubi

Cherubi was the first legitimate one I could find, so I sent Sir Ivy out (Gust would most definitely destroy it). It was Level 2, so I knew I had to be careful. I used Vine Whip on it, not doing too much damage, while the Cherubi retaliated with...Tackle. It didn't do much, so I used one more Vine Whip. But, my luck couldn't last forever, as it landed as a critical hit and KO'd the Cherubi. I can't say I was too disappointed, but a missed opportunity is a missed opportunity, and I felt a little discouraged. Regardless, I trekked on, for I knew there was one more place I could find wild Pokémon, and perhaps my luck would be better there.

I made my way to Floccesy Ranch, where there was more wild grass, so I proceeded to search. This search went on longer and was more of an annoyance, but I did eventually find a Pokémon I would be more happy with than Cherubi.

Encounters at Flocessy Ranch: Cofagrigus, Spoink, Gothitelle, Simipour, Phanpy, Unfezant, Ralts, Cyndaquil, Tranquill, Blaziken, Omastar, Zebstrika, Solrock, Caterpie, Altaria, Dragonair, Froslass, Steelix, Rattata, Whismur, Cofagrigus (again), Sawsbuck, Weedle, Cacnea

Oh, a Cacnea! A Level 5 female Cacnea, specifically speaking. I like Cacnea; especially compared to Maractus. Anyways, I remembered to be more careful with this one like with Cherubi, because I remember that Cacnea have pretty putrid defenses combined with low speed, so two Vine Whips put it low enough for me to catch. I chucked my Pokéball, my aim was true, and YES! I caught myself my third member!

NEW MEMBER!
Pokémon Sprite 331
Ms. Pokey the Cacnea (♀)
Met 7/4/2013, at Floccesy Ranch, at Level 5
Naive Nature, Strongly defiant
Ability: Sand Veil // Moves: Poison Sting // Leer // Absorb

I have to ask myself; how come every Pokémon I get has Leer? Sometimes, like in the case of Tropicana, it's useless...anyways, Ms. Pokey had some stats geared much like a glass cannon would; pretty high stats in offense (14 in both Attack and Special Attack) with lower stats in everything else (9 in Defense, Special Defense, and Speed). Unfortunately, its nature increases its lowest base stat (Speed) and lowers Special Defense, which, I imagine, I'll need to live for later.

Being Level 5, it wasn't going to stand a chance against the competition just yet. I went back and healed up at the Pokémon Center and did some hard grinding on more Patrat and Purrloin on Route 19, and brought her up a few more levels. Poison Sting is so troll, I love it. Just poison EVERYTHING!

Returning to Floccesy Ranch, I encountered Hugh again, and he challenged me to a battle. And of course, having no say in the matter, just sent out Sir Ivy and got things rolling.

BATTLE: Pokémon Trainer Hugh vs. Grass
He had his normal old Tepig again, having grown to Level 8 since I last saw it. Sir Ivy sat at a comfortable Level 10, so this battle was, once again, an all-out Tackle fest. However, as I was higher level, I was never in any danger as I once again took out Tepig with an onslaught of Tackles. The battle gave Sir Ivy enough experience to level up to Level 11. Not really all that exciting a battle, but I'm better off, the less risk involved.

Then, these two Pokémon Breeders show up, their Herdier following behind them, and gave us a Potion each. That's nice and all, but I usually just go to the Pokémon Center. I've never really been in a position where I would be better off using a Potion than going to a Center. Anyways, they said that their other Herdier had gone missing, and Hugh had a hissy fit and ran off. I just had the wife heal my Pokémon and I went off to battle some trainers that were around the ranch. In the process, Ms. Pokey grew to Level 9 and learned Growth. (gee, this seems familiar...)

After a while, Hugh and I heard the other Herdier's barking, so I go to find the source, and what do I see? I crazy ninja Team Plasma guy! He clearly didn't understand the mechanics of taking a Pokémon hostage; technically, I'm supposed to give him some sort of ransom for the Herdier back, but no, he throws me a TM and runs off. The TM is Frustration, which is near-useless to me, but at least I didn't need to pay him or anything. Some people just don't have much common sense, huh?

Well, with the subplot out of the way, I can FINALLY go back and train with Alder! What training does Alder have in store? Why is Team Plasma so bad at hostage negotiations? And why is Hugh so annoyed with the ranchers? All these questions...well, not all of them...will be answered, next time!

The Crew    
Pokémon Sprite 495
Sir Ivy - Snivy - ♂ // Level 11
Moves: Tackle // Leer // Vine Whip // Wrap
Changes in this Part: Gained 1 Level

Pokémon Sprite 357
Tropicana - Tropius - ♀ // Level 10
Moves: Leer // Gust // Growth // ---
Changes in this Part: Gained 2 Levels

Pokémon Sprite 331
Ms. Pokey - Cacnea - ♀ // Level 10
Moves: Poison Sting // Leer // Absorb // Growth
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Naive (+Spd, -SpD)
Characteristic: Strongly defiant
Changes in this Part: Obtained, gained 5 levels, learned Growth

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    
None

Current Location: Floccesy Ranch

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; July 4, 2013 at 06:37:31 PM.
Old July 5, 2013, 11:13:07 PM
Kyurem

PART 4: GETTING FIT AT THE GYM

With the whole Floccesy Ranch subplot complete, we finally were able to go to Alder's training house school thing, and we were able to get some training done! But, since Alder is a dirty stinking liar, he wasn't going to train us, but instead had us train these two schoolchildren who don't even look like they're of age to have Pokémon. That's something I wanted to address, actually; in the show, it was common knowledge that you had to be 10 years old to get your first Pokémon. So how do these young schoolchildren and preschoolers have Pokémon? I don't really get it...
Graaaassss, I'm, like, so booooored, can't we, like, go to the maaaall, buy some shoooooooooes...this is, like, so booooooooriiiiiing...
Oh...erm...hello, Ms. Pokey...pleasure seeing you...here...in the real world...um...how did you get here?
That's, like, for me to know and for you to find out. Hey, who are these people? Hey! You guys over there! Like, stop staring at me! I know I'm, like, totally fabulous and pretty, but I, like, have standards. I'm, like, too good for you people, you know? Gee, Grass, your friends are, like, so lame.
*sigh*...always a pleasure hearing from you. Anyways, once we got to Alder's place, we got in a battle with these two schoolchildren. I led off with Sir Ivy, just because, and thus began the battles. The first battle against a Panpour went just swimmingly, but the match against the Pansear in the second match was a little trickier. Especially when the fire monkey proceeded..to...lick Sir Ivy. Yes, that, with a combination of paralysis luck hax, made defeating the Pansear a little trickier. However, we managed to take out the Pansear and Sir Ivy grew a level. Um...but since then, he hasn't quite been the same.
While we're on the topic, you'd better, like, not make me face any of those unsanitary monkeys. They're, like, filthy creatures, and I won't deal with them. Oh, and they're pretty darn ugly too. But I guess Sir Ivy got what was coming to him...like, did you see what he was wearing?
Um...I have no idea what you're talking about...
That's because your eyes are, like, too unrefined to see it. You need to, like, notice these things, Grass! Like, seriously!
Er...sure. Anyways, after that match, Alder said we should go to the gym. And, being the teenage boy in a fictional universe, who was I to go against anything an old man with spiky red hair tells me to do? So I got myself fixed up at the Pokémon Center and headed back home...not before Alder interrupted me again and gave me some Oran Berries. Those actually were somewhat useful, so I gave each of my Pokémon one. With that, I continued to make my way home.

Upon arriving in Aspertia for the second time, I remembered that the gym was actually...you guessed it...a school. As if we haven't been to enough places that tell you how to train Pokémon. I ignored the information on the blackboard that I already knew plenty about and headed to the gym.
Alright, like, here's the part where I do stuff!
Yeah..."stuff"...anyways, there were two trainers I had to take out before I got to face the Gym Leader, so I decided to lead off with Ms. Pokey for the first match. She did fairly well, though because of her frail defenses, she ended up having to use her Oran Berry already...
Are you, like, insulting me? Come over here and, like, say that again! I WILL BREAK YOU, GET OVER HERE YOU LITTLE---"
Er...security!
HEY, LE *bzzzzt* GO! GRASS, I'LL *bzzzzt* YOU DOWN, YOU LITTLE *bzzzzt* AND I'LL *bzzzzt* ALL THE WAY TO KANTO!
Now that that's taken care of...the second battle was taken care of by Tropicana. Tropicana's immense HP was enough to clear out the next trainer's Pokémon, but it wasn't enough for her to level up, so I decided to use her for the final match against the Gym Leader.

GYM LEADER CHEREN VS. GRASS
Cheren led off with Patrat, nothing I was too worried about. For the first few turns, it was a spam fest of stat-boosting moves, with Patrat using Work Up and Tropicana using Growth. 3 turns in, I decided to go in for the kill, using Tropicana's newly learned Razor Leaf. It was enough to obliterate the Patrat, taking it down in one shot. Next out was his Lillipup, another Pokémon I wasn't too concerned over. It did outspeed Tropicana, but only to use Work Up. Razor Leaf almost took it out. Cheren responded with a Potion, but as it didn't fully heal Lillipup, I went in for one more Razor Leaf and took it out, leveling her up and earning me the Basic Badge!

With the Gym Battle out of the way, I left the gym to find Bianca handing out more freebies, this time handing me her Xtransceiver number and a TM for Return which complemented the TM for Frustration we got from the terrible hostage negotiator. Cheren's number was also registered, not that it matters, since I don't see myself calling Cheren OR Bianca in the near future.

Putting the freebie TM to good use, I used the TM for Return on Sir Ivy so that it had a better option than Wrap. I'm not sure whether to use it on Ms. Pokey until later, as she probably does NOT like me much right now...

In any case, that does it for this episode! What other trials shall I face? What will the next city, Virbank City, have in store? Will I catch any new Pokémon? Find out next time! YEEEEEEAH!

The Crew    
Pokémon Sprite 495
Sir Ivy - Snivy - ♂ // Level 13
Moves: Tackle // Growth // Vine Whip // Return
Held Item: Oran Berry
Changes in this Part: Gained 2 Levels, learned Growth and Return

Pokémon Sprite 357
Tropicana - Tropius - ♀ // Level 12
Moves: Leer // Gust // Growth // Razor Leaf
Changes in this Part: Gained 2 Levels, learned Razor Leaf

Pokémon Sprite 331
Ms. Pokey - Cacnea - ♀ // Level 12
Moves: Poison Sting // Leer // Absorb // Growth
Characteristic: Strongly defiant
Changes in this Part: Gained 2 Levels

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    
None

Current Location: Aspertia City

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; July 7, 2013 at 09:34:04 PM.
Old July 7, 2013, 08:19:01 AM
Kyurem

PART 5: REWALKING THE BEATEN PATH

With Cheren defeated and our first badge in hand, I was itching to get a move on. So, we quickly made our way from Aspertia, through Route 20, back through Floccesy Town, and...interrupted by Bianca and her silly shenanigans. This time, she decided to give me an upgrade to the Pokédex that I would never use, and ultimately would be of no concern to me in this run. Thanks, Bianca. Ever since you gave me my starter you've been next to useless.

After that silliness, making my way through Route 19 was met with a little bit of difficulty. Some of the trainers were actually kind of tough, which means that I should probably start taking the time to grind. The place was quite literally infested with preschoolers and twins and people who really shouldn't be in control of Pokémon given their age. There were more of them than actual adults in the area. Odd.

However, we did have a really close call today, involving a battle with one of the Nursery Aides and her silly Dunsparce. I took it on with Ms. Pokey with the hopes of getting some much-needed experience, but taking the Dunsparce would be harder than I imagined. I initially started by pummeling it with Poison Sting in order to poison and make taking it out a much easier task. I didn't have much luck and it took 3 Poison Stings to deal poison, the first two of which the Dunsparce used Defense Curl to make Poison Sting do even less damage. But, then, something I didn't notice until it was too late: Dunsparce's Defense Curl increases the power of its Rollout, which it proceeded to do on the third turn. I stuck with my guns and left Ms. Pokey out there to try and use Absorb, which I did successfully, but the second Rollout dealt massive damage and nearly took out Ms. Pokey. Frantically, I switched her out and into Sir Ivy, and luck decided to smile upon me again as Dunsparce's third use of Rollout missed. Sir Ivy's Vine Whip, along with the poison, was enough to take it out next turn. Thank goodness; crisis averted!

Now that I had gotten through the route without any fatalities, I healed up at the Virbank City Pokémon Center, stocked up on Potions, and made my way to the outside of the Virbank Complex, where I would be able to catch a new Pokémon! This became far more tedious than it should have been, as evident by the list of Pokémon I encountered before finding one that fit in the rules:

Virbank Complex Pokémon: Alomomola, Slakoth, Klinklang, Electrike, Unown, Tepig, Whiscash, Aerodactyl, Eelektross, Beautifly, Darmanitan, Grumpig, Rhydon, Bronzong, Marill, Munchlax, Haunter, Vulpix, Glameow, Dodrio, Oshawott, Electrike (again), Armaldo, Charmander, Latias, Eelektrik, Eelektrik (again!?), Starmie, Landorus, Krokorok, Sigilyph, Kirlia, FOONGUS.

I was happy with the new find. The biggest thing I needed was a Pokémon that couldn't be poisoned, especially with the next gym focusing on that. With a few Tackles from Sir Ivy and a Pokéball whose aim was true, I caught the fourth member of our team!

NEW MEMBER!
Pokémon Sprite 590
Fassad the Foongus (♂)
Met 7/6/2013, at Virbank Complex, at Level 11
Timid Nature, Likes to fight.
Ability: Effect Spore // Moves: Absorb // Growth // Astonish

That's all I really had time for today, but tomorrow sees a great task: level grinding so that the Virbank City Gym Leader won't walk all over us with her Poison-Type moves! Will I succeed in my next gym battle? Will our new ally prove to be as useful as I hope he will be? Will Ms. Pokey stop having close calls? And will Sir Ivy evolve soon? Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z GPFTW's Nuzlocke!

The Crew    
Pokémon Sprite 495
Sir Ivy - Snivy - ♂ // Level 14
Moves: Tackle // Growth // Vine Whip // Return

Pokémon Sprite 357
Tropicana - Tropius - ♀ // Level 13
Moves: Leer // Gust // Growth // Razor Leaf

Pokémon Sprite 331
Ms. Pokey - Cacnea - ♀ // Level 13
Moves: Poison Sting // Leech Seed // Absorb // Growth
Characteristic: Strongly defiant.
Changes in this Part: Gained 1 Level, learned Leech Seed

Pokémon Sprite 590
Fassad - Foongus - ♂ // Level 11
Moves: Absorb // Growth // Astonish // ---
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Characteristics: Likes to fight.
Changes in this Part: Obtained

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    
None

Current Location: Virbank City

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; July 7, 2013 at 09:39:08 PM.
Old July 8, 2013, 02:56:10 PM
Kyurem

PART 6: ROCKIN' OUT WITH ROXIE

With another Gym battle on the horizon, I knew that I would really need to train up if I was going to overcome the type disadvantage. With Fassad as a new member of our team, I hoped that I wouldn't have to worry excessively about getting hit with supereffective Poison attacks, especially with Fassad being able to take those hits and not be poisoned. Still, as a contingency plan, I decided to grind, along with battling with workers in the Virbank Complex.

While I was dealing with the workers in the Complex, all the while battling any wild Audino I came across, Sir Ivy gained enough experience to bounce itself up to Level 17, and you know what that means! It's EVOLUTION TIME! Sir Ivy evolved into Servine, a much needed boost for our party as it gained more useful moves, along with a significant boost in all of its stats. I knew that this evolution would prove to be very useful with the upcoming Gym Battle.

Ms. Pokey, as expected, had a few close calls with trainer battles. In fact, amidst all the battles, all the Pokémon on my team that had Oran Berries that I had received from Alder consumed their held items, which I thought a little unfortunate that I wouldn't have them as extra HP for the Gym Battle. Regardless, I hoped that it wouldn't come to that. Anyways, Ms. Pokey's close call came from a critical hit Low Kick from an Elekid, which nearly took it out, but I managed to take it out in the same turn with a critical hit Absorb which healed off a good chunk of the damage I took from that Low Kick. So, I guess all's well that ends well.

Tropicana was never really in any danger, even taking a supereffective Ember from a worker's Magby and only taking about a fifth of its HP in damage. On the flip side, it was torturous to level Tropicana up, as she required far more experience points to level up compared to everyone else. She was the last one to reach the level that I wanted to face the Gym with, but it was all worth it in the end.

Finally, the newcomer, Fassad. Fassad had a little difficulty battling the trainers, as its only means of attacking at the time were Absorb and Astonish, the latter of which didn't work a lot of the time, since I was usually facing Normal-types. Still, since Fassad was low-leveled, it managed to make up the deficit pretty quickly, until it caught up, at which point it leveled up at about the same rate as Ms. Pokey. Overall, I wasn't disappointed with Fassad's performance, and hope to see more use from him in the future, especially with his new moves.

At last, when our hour-and-a-half Audino killing spree was complete, all my Pokémon were Level 20, with the exception of Sir Ivy, who was at Level 21. They all had learned a decent number of better moves, so I was feeling pretty confident that their new-found power would help us triumph over the Gym. Boy, was that an understatement.

I led off the gym battles with Sir Ivy, who just decimated the competition. I hadn't realize how much of a destructive force Return had become, as it 2HKO the first trainer's Grimer and both trainers' Koffing, and OHKO the second trainer's Venipede. With this confidence under our belts, I led off with Sir Ivy again to take on the Gym Leader that we had been dreading; Roxie!

GYM LEADER ROXIE VS. GRASS
She started off with her Koffing, which was two levels higher than her two trainers'. I decided to play it safe by Leech Seeding it first. The Koffing proceeded to use Smog, which I was not too concerned about, both because the damage it inflicted was only a little more than what the Leech Seed was recovering, and I had equipped Sir Ivy, along with Tropicana and Ms. Pokey, with the Pecha Berries I had received earlier. I began to use Growth in order to boost up for Roxie's second, and more threatening, Pokémon, so that Return would be able to inflict massive damage. In the end, Koffing's repeated use of Smog still failed to poison Sir Ivy, and a Return backed with 3 uses of Growth took out the Koffing's remaining health.

She sent out her second Pokémon, the much more threatening Level 18 Whirlipede. I was thoroughly prepared for this threat, however, and I used Return, hoping that it, backed with 3 uses of Growth, would boost its power. Turns out I had nothing to worry about; the sheer power of Return completely destroyed the Whirlipede, taking it out in one hit and ending the battle. I'm glad I didn't worry so much.

With our second badge in hand, it's been looking pretty good so far. But the next Gym, in the far-away Castelia City, will be yet another challenge, with Bug-type Pokémon reigning supreme. But before I do that, we'll have to convince Pop Roxie return to being a sailor! Will I be able to convince Pop Roxie that his dreams of becoming an actor are for naught? Will I be able to reach Castelia City and have my next Gym battle? Will the Audino massacre ever end?* Find out next time!

*The answer to this question is no.

The Crew    
Pokémon Sprite 496
Sir Ivy - Servine - ♂ // Level 22
Moves: Leech Seed // Growth // Leaf Tornado // Return
Changes in this Part: Gained 8 Levels, evolved, learned Leaf Tornado and Leech Seed

Pokémon Sprite 357
Tropicana - Tropius - ♀ // Level 20
Moves: Stomp // Gust // Growth // Razor Leaf
Changes in this Part: Gained 7 Levels, learned Stomp

Pokémon Sprite 331
Ms. Pokey - Cacnea - ♀ // Level 20
Moves: Venoshock // Leech Seed // Absorb // Sand Attack
Changes in this Part: Gained 7 Levels, learned Sand Attack and Venoshock

Pokémon Sprite 590
Fassad - Foongus - ♂ // Level 20
Moves: Mega Drain // Growth // Faint Attack // Venoshock
Characteristic: Likes to fight.
Changes in this Part: Gained 9 Levels, learned Mega Drain, Faint Attack, and Venoshock

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    
None

Current Location: Virbank City

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; July 8, 2013 at 02:57:11 PM.
Old July 11, 2013, 11:15:23 PM
Kyurem

PART 7: WHERE WE'RE GOING, WE DON'T NEED LOGIC

Note: I'M WARNING YOU! This particular chapter of the saga is EXTREMELY LONG! I am not kidding, this literally took days for me to write and perfect. So if you're strapped for time, just spare yourself the time and read this to get updated.

You know, going through the game a second/third/whatever time, you start to notice oddities in the plot that you didn't really question before, but notice the second time and wonder how it got past Nintendo's clearance check. But, nonetheless, there were enough amusing points in this part that I had to talk about them in full.

Well, with the Toxic Badge in hand and my Pokémon pretty overleveled, I headed to the Pokéstar Studios sideplot to get Pop Roxie to go back to being his old sailor self so he can take our lazy butts who haven't learned Surf yet to Castelia City. We followed some odd guy with a blonde afro (Is that actually a thing in real life? Guys with blonde afros?) who escorted us to the movie theater, where Pop Roxie's debut movie was screening. Because I am such a wonderful person and was in no way just following the path Game Freak set me on, I went to watch the movie. Simply put, it was utterly amazing. It was so greatly composed and sculpted together, and the plot was utterly flawless. The expression on Pop Roxie's face as he fell down in defeat, cowardly and trembling under the domineering Brycen-Man and his dark arts, was simply tear-jerking. I have never seen such a perfect movie, and it had better earn a Pokémmy (if that is a thing), and I strongly urge you all to watch it. It's just something that has to be seen to be believed.

Now that I've just about expelled all the sarcasm from my body, I can say that the movie was terrible and that Pop Roxie is an utter fool. How on earth did that movie even get released!? Who in their right mind would let such an awful movie get screened!? Who's in charge of this!? JUST WHY!? In any case, Pop Roxie saw the error of his ways and left the studios in shame. I was going to follow him back to the port so I could just leave for Castelia City, but the not-so-subtly-named boss of the studios, Mr. Stu Deeoh, was forcing me to be in part of a movie. I tried to run away, but their grip was too strong (i.e. an invisible forcefield and a textbox blocked the exit) so I had no choice but to comply. I made the movie as quickly as possible and got the heck out of there before they could keep me in any longer.

Now with that sideplot out of the way, I returned to Virbank City so that I could hopefully get out of there and be on my way to Castelia City. NOPE. Who should I stumble upon but the awesomely bad Team Plasma blocking the way. I figured it would be a good opportunity to kick some serious Plasma butt, so I went ahead and took the guy on, with Roxie and Hugh taking on the other two. I beat him soundly in one hit with Return. Pretty simple, and I was hoping it would be that simple. But no, we had to go back to Route 20 AGAIN because Hugh is a butthurt jerk. No joke. Anyways, I tracked down another grunt and beat her up, took her money, and that sidequest was done. I don't really understand why the grunt just stands there when I find her instead of just running away. Also, weren't her Pokémon defeated by Hugh/Roxie back in Virbank? Where'd she get another one!?

With my head spinning due to inconsistency, I went back to Virbank to find Roxie talking to her dad. Wait...wasn't she just chasing Team Plasma with us!? WHAAAAT!? In any case, she gave us the HM for Cut earlier, so I guess I can't complain. Not that I have any plans to use the HM anytime soon. If at all; Cut is actually unnecessary to complete the game. It is nice to have to access some hidden items and stuff. Anyways, Roxie convinces Pop Roxie to go back to being the captain, so I go ahead and get a ride from him, along with Hugh, who's still trying to beat up Team Plasma. I could go for a little less Team Plasma in my life.

Once we arrived in Castelia, I got involved in some more unnecessary sideplots, getting instantly involved in the Castelia Harlequin Hunt. At least that wasn't a total waste of my time, as I got a free Bicycle and a Rare Candy out of it, which was cool. Although it begs the question that I was just given a 1,000,000 Pokédollar bike (by Kanto's standards, anyway) for free, I didn't question it much as getting fast transportation is never a bad thing. I also beat up all the clerks in the Battle Company, effectively putting them out of business. Mwahaha, I'm a jerk. I also did all the questionnaires at the Passerby Analytics HQ, as it actually is used for something later.

With everything done, I headed to gym, to find out that Burgh was being Burgh and not in the Gym. With that unfortunate piece of news, Iris showed up and said she knew where Team Plasma might be. Well, it turns out they were in the sewers of all places. Why on earth they would be plotting in the sewers is beyond me, but I went with it and, since wherever Team Plasma is, Hugh would surely follow, a double battle with Hugh and I against two grunts ensued, and we came out victorious (obviously). The Grunts fled like the incompetent people they are, while Burgh turned out to be there to report that there were no more suspicious people. Gee, thanks Burgh. As usual you are extremely useful. Then a weird scientist with crazy hair showed up and complimented us, and promptly left. That was really necessary, huh? That scientist couldn't possibly have any useful information. Definitely not.

Now then, at the other end of the sewers, there was a little park with grass, which means a new member can be caught! Finally, we get to the good stuff. After all the pain I went through, I deserve some compensation. And did I receive it! This search did not take very long...

Castelia City Pokémon: Nidoran♂, Golurk, Cleffa, Lopunny, Combusken, Mankey, Petilil

I like Petilil; it's cute and evolves into Lilligant, who is a total boss. Catching it proved to not be too difficult; a few Mega Drains from Fassad and a Pokéball later, I had caught the Petilil.

NEW MEMBER!
Pokémon Sprite 548
Lilly the Petilil (♀)
Met 7/8/2013, at Castelia City, at Level 15
Hardy Nature, Alert to sounds.
Ability: Own Tempo // Moves: Growth // Leech Seed // Sleep Powder // Mega Drain

Beyond this, there isn't much to say. It's a mess of Audino massacre. So, with that said, will I succeed in taking on Burgh and winning my third Gym Badge? Will the first casualties be coming in soon? Will Team Plasma stop being as incompetent as they are? Will the game start becoming any more logical? Find out next time, when some more madness is likely to ensue!

The Crew    
Pokémon Sprite 496
Sir Ivy - Servine - ♂ // Level 26
Moves: Leech Seed // Growth // Leaf Tornado // Return
Changes in this Part: Gained 4 Levels

Pokémon Sprite 357
Tropicana - Tropius - ♀ // Level 25
Moves: Stomp // Gust // Growth // Razor Leaf
Changes in this Part: Gained 5 Levels

Pokémon Sprite 331
Ms. Pokey - Cacnea - ♀ // Level 24
Moves: Venoshock // Leech Seed // Absorb // Sand Attack
Changes in this Part: Gained 4 Levels

Pokémon Sprite 590
Fassad - Foongus - ♂ // Level 23
Moves: Mega Drain // Growth // Faint Attack // Venoshock
Characteristic: Likes to fight.
Changes in this Part: Gained 3 Levels

Pokémon Sprite 548
Lilly - Petilil - ♀ // Level 24
Met 7/8/2013, at Castelia City, at Level 15
Moves: Growth // Leech Seed // Sleep Powder // Magical Leaf
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Hardy (neutral)
Characteristic: Alert to sounds.
Changes in this Part: Obtained, gained 9 Levels, learned Magical Leaf

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    
None

Current Location: Castelia City

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; July 11, 2013 at 11:16:10 PM.
Old July 16, 2013, 12:19:00 PM
Kyurem

PART 8: THE DANGERS OF THE DESERT

With Team Plasma running for the hills again, the moment that all those Audino murders led up to - it was time to take on the Castelia City Gym! I must say, the gym trainers were laughably easy to defeat despite the obvious type disadvantage, but my team took several hits and came out all in one piece. As such, the main event was the one to watch - the battle for the third badge, with me against Burgh!

GYM LEADER BURGH VS. GRASS
Burgh first sent out Swadloon, which was laughably easy as Tropicana stomped all over it with her Gust. Second out was Dwebble, which I knew would be a bit tricky with its Smack Down. I switched Tropicana out for Fassad, who took the Smack Down better than I had initially thought, and a battle of many Mega Drains later, Fassad came out well off as the Dwebble had its health sapped all the way...twice. (Stupid Gym Leaders using Hyper Potions asdfghjkl) Anyways, his last Pokémon, the ace in the hole, was Leavanny. So out pops Tropicana, she takes a Cut from Leavanny, and proceeds to demolish her like the Swadloon with another 4x weakness STAB Gust. As type advantage won the day, I happily received my third Gym Badge with no problems whatsoever!

With the Insect Badge added to our collection and Team Plasma defeated, there was no other direction to move but forward. We moved onto Route 4 (because Skyarrow Bridge was closed so we couldn't go to Pinwheel Forest, grrr...) which used to be a desert, but is now a fast-growing town of sorts. Oh, but before we got that far, we were blocked by a swarm of Crustle, and the odd professor guy, whose name happens to be Colress (I hardly doubt we'll remember him, since I don't think he's that important a character...[/sarcasm]) challenged us to a battle. Actually, it was pretty tough. Lilly was able to spam the heck out of his Magnemite and kill it off with residual damage. The second Pokémon, Klink, would prove to be much more difficult as it built its defenses up with Charge and landed Gear Grind on Lilly. Lilly took a scary critical hit that left her with 6 HP, so I quickly switched her out and sent out Sir Ivy, who, despite having superior defenses and more HP, was still brought to his knees by Gear Grind, which was somehow, by some divine luck, hitting despite its normally 85% accuracy and Klink's -2 Accuracy from Leaf Tornado. I couldn't take any chances with my starter, though, and thus sent out Tropicana, who manage to take out the Klink with Stomp. Once again, the dynamic duo of the first stages of the adventure saved the day.

Particularly, the trainers were annoyingly tough, and managed to get Lilly and Ms. Pokey down to critical health several times, but most crises were averted thanks to the intervening of Sir Ivy or Tropicana, as they both have generally good stats all around, and Tropicana had tons of HP. While I had many, many close calls, I managed to beat all the Trainers on Route 4 without losing anyone. My luck was turning out well, but I was getting very worried that we would soon be underleveled. Still, I didn't think we were at any risk, and some of Ms. Pokey's risks would be helped out with the sandstorm taking place at the Desert Resort, with her ability being Sand Veil and all. It proved to work out fine, as most moves that would prove to be risks to me ended up missing, and Ms. Pokey got her fair share of training in. Most of the trainers weren't too tough, save for one with a Magby whose Ember gave me a little scare, but nothing I couldn't manage.

After collecting as many items as I could find in the Desert Resort, it was time to do some spelunking in the Relic Castle. It's more filled with sand than I remember it...anyways, the first Psychic I encountered challenged me, and sent out Sigilyph. I have had bad experiences with this Pokémon before, so I was glad Tropicana was in lead so she could take any hits that came her way. Sigilyph naturally outsped me, and its Air Cutter did quite a bit of damage, but less than half. Likewise, Tropicana's Strength (which I taught her to replace Stomp) did about the same amount. The Sigilyph changed strategy and used Psybeam, which didn't do much of anything, so I was feeling confident that I could take the Sigilyph out with two more Strength hits. Oh, how wrong was I...

After the second Strength hit, the Sigilyph came at me again with Air Cutter, but instead of doing the damage it normally did, the words that I imagine no nuzlocke player enjoys seeing inflicted onto their Pokémon...CRITICAL HIT. I was horrified; to see Tropicana suddenly felled, by this bird that had caused me so many problems before. Needless to say, the damage was too much for Tropicana, and she, unfortunately, was killed due to the attack.

R.I.P. Tropicana the Tropius
Level 4 - Level 26

Knowing that I couldn't let anything more happen, I sent out Sir Ivy whose quick speed was too much for the Sigilyph, and one Return finished the job Tropicana couldn't complete. I guess my luck finally caught up with me, and a Pokémon I found so reliable, the first Pokémon I caught...unfortunately, she had to pay the price. I went back to Castelia so I could release her, and it's an understatement to say I was devastated. Not once in this whole training session in the desert was Tropicana in any danger; it was always Lilly or Ms. Pokey getting in trouble, and even occasionally Sir Ivy and Fassad. Tropicana was always the one standing strong, the one taking the hits like a champ. I had no idea that it would be her who ended up falling first. It's going to be hard to press on without her. Even now, I feel a tragic pang in my heart to have lost such a valuable partner so soon in my adventure.

After replacing my Super Potions with the more-needed Soda Pops, we made our way back to the Relic Castle, defeated the remaining Trainers there, and headed onto Nimbasa City. I really wasn't in the mood for the whole Join Avenue sequence, so I quickly went through it and got out of there.

And so ends this tragic part...what more lies in store for me? Will the team be able to get over the loss of the anchor, or will we fall into a downwards spiral? Find out next time on the Mono-Grass Nuzlocke Challenge.

The Crew    
  • Sir Ivy - Servine - ♂ // Level 28
  • Met 7/3/2013, at Aspertia City, at Level 5
  • Moves: Leech Seed // Growth // Leaf Tornado // Return
  • Held Item: None
  • Ability: Overgrow
  • Nature: Quirky (neutral)
  • Characteristic: Likes to relax.
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 2 Levels
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacnea - ♀ // Level 26
  • Met 7/4/2013, at Floccesy Ranch, at Level 5
  • Moves: Venoshock // Leech Seed // Absorb // Sand Attack
  • Ability: Sand Veil
  • Nature: Naive (+Spd, -SpD)
  • Characteristic: Strongly defiant.
  • Fassad - Foongus - ♂ // Level 25
  • Met 7/6/2013, at Virbank Complex, at Level 11
  • Moves: Mega Drain // Growth // Faint Attack // Venoshock
  • Ability: Effect Spore
  • Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
  • Characteristic: Likes to fight.
  • Lilly - Petilil - ♀ // Level 27
  • Met 7/8/2013, at Castelia City, at Level 15
  • Moves: Growth // Leech Seed // Sleep Powder // Giga Drain
  • Ability: Own Tempo
  • Nature: Hardy (neutral)
  • Characteristic: Alert to sounds.
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 3 Levels, learned Giga Drain

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    

• Tropicana - Tropius - ♀
  • Met 7/3/2013, at Route 19, at Level 4
  • Died 7/15/2013, at Relic Castle, at Level 26
  • Moves: Strength // Gust // Growth // Razor Leaf
  • Ability: Solar Power
  • Nature: Gentle (+SpD, -Def)
  • Characteristic: Impetuous and silly.

Current Location: Join Avenue
Old July 18, 2013, 10:43:48 AM
Kyurem

PART 9: AGGGGGGH I HATE SIGILYPH!

I really have sadness. Not only did Tropicana just die, but another valuable member of the team was felled...by ANOTHER Sigilyph Air Cutter critical hit to the face. Who was our sorry victim this time? I'll just cut right to it...

R.I.P. Lilly the Lilligant
Level 15 - Level 27

AGH AND I JUST EVOLVED HER WITH THE SUN STONE! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yes, unfortunately, Lilly was felled after an unfortunate Sleep Powder miss and an even more unfortunate critical hit with Air Cutter. It even had -1 Accuracy from Ms. Pokey's Sand-Attack for Arceus sake. I have so much anger for Sigilyph everywhere now that it's not even funny. Luckily Sir Ivy came back out to put an end to its tyranny with Return. But I...no...these tragedies just keep piling in, and my poor heart can't take it...

Still, I had to trudge ahead, as there was not one, not two, but three new areas for wild Pokémon. I'm upset still over Lilly's death, so I'll just cut right to the chase for the three Pokémon that joined us. Hopefully their lives will be more lucky than Lilly's or Tropicana's...

NEW MEMBERS!
Pokémon Sprite 546
Cirrus the Cottonee (♀)
Met 7/16/2013, at Route 5, at Level 23
Quiet Nature, Alert to sounds.
Ability: Prankster // Moves: Mega Drain // Cotton Spore // Razor Leaf // PoisonPowder

Pokémon Sprite 192
Sunshine the Sunflora (♂)
Met 7/16/2013, at Route 16, at Level 21
Bashful Nature, Strong willed.
Ability: Solar Power // Moves: Mega Drain // Leech Seed // Razor Leaf // Worry Seed

Pokémon Sprite 511
Broccoli the Pansage (♂)
Met 7/16/2013, at Lostlorn Forest, at Level 21
Adamant Nature, A little quick tempered.
Ability: Gluttony // Moves: Vine Whip // Fury Swipes // Leech Seed // Bite

I find Cottonee to be rather ironic, as she's the counterpart to Petilil, and she has the same characteristic as Lilly did. Ugh, now I need to find another Sun Stone...which I know I probably won't run into for a while. Perhaps some cave spelunking is what the doctor ordered...

Unfortunately, there really isn't much more to say on the matter. Pretty much the fruits of all my grinding in the surrounding areas of Nimbasa are summed up at the bottom. I just grinded for a while with trainers and Audino, and again, that one trainer with the Sigilyph once again did me in. Why does it have to be the fully evolved ones...I'm just so upset about it. Sadness...sadness everywhere. LILLY I MISS YOU ALREADY. WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Anyways...before I forget, I'm adding a rule regarding the reserves, as I completely overlooked that point when originally making the nuzlocke. As far as Pokémon that get transferred to the PC when caught, I'm not allowed to use that Pokémon until a position on the team is open, at which point I can pick any Pokémon in reserve to fill in the position. For example, in this part, Broccoli would have been in reserve, but with Lilly's untimely death, a spot opened up, so I put him in the position.

The Crew    
  • Sir Ivy - Servine - ♂ // Level 32
  • Moves: Leech Seed // Growth // Leaf Blade // Return
  • Held Item: Scope Lens
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 4 Levels, learned Leaf Blade
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacnea - ♀ // Level 30
  • Moves: Venoshock // Leech Seed // Faint Attack // Sand Attack
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 4 Levels, learned Faint Attack
  • Fassad - Foongus - ♂ // Level 29
  • Moves: Mega Drain // Growth // Faint Attack // Venoshock
  • Held Item: Eviolite
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 4 Levels, learned Giga Drain
  • Cirrus - Cottonee - ♀ // Level 28
  • Met 7/16/2013, at Route 5, at Level 23
  • Moves: Giga Drain // Charm // Razor Leaf // PoisonPowder
  • Ability: Prankster
  • Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spd)
  • Changes in this Part: Obtained, gained 5 Levels, learned Giga Drain and Charm
  • Sunshine - Sunflora - ♂ // Level 29
  • Met 7/16/2013, at Route 16, at Level 21
  • Moves: Giga Drain // Leech Seed // Razor Leaf // Petal Dance
  • Held Item: Miracle Seed
  • Nature: Bashful (neutral)
  • Characteristic: Strong willed.
  • Changes in this Part: Obtained, gained 8 Levels, learned Giga Drain and Petal Dance
  • Broccoli - Simisage - ♂ // Level 31
  • Met 7/16/2013, at Lostlorn Forest, at Level 21
  • Moves: Seed Bomb // Acrobatics // Leech Seed // Bite
  • Ability: Gluttony
  • Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
  • Characteristic: A little quick tempered.
  • Changes in this Part: Obtained, gained 10 Levels, learned Seed Bomb and Acrobatics, evolved

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    

• Lilly - Lilligant - ♀
  • Died 7/16/2013, at Route 5, at Level 27

Current Location: Nimbasa City
Old July 24, 2013, 11:38:00 PM
Kyurem

PART 10: CRITICAL CRUELTY

Note: IT'S ANOTHER TWO-PART CHAPTER! So unless you're a fan with lots of time, I'd suggest reading only this for the quick run-through. Or not. There's no one stopping you. Feel free to do whatever, y'know? Yeah. *shifty eyes*

Amidst all the training that I had to do for the upcoming Gym Battle, I forgot that there were also some trainers that I forgot to face in the sports domes in Nimbasa, so I figured I'd make a quick stop there to get some extra bits of training done. Terrible mistake on my part; I had sent Cirrus out against a Herdier, and we were having a Charm vs. Work Up war, and when the Herdier finally attacked, it was...you guess it. A critical hit. With Cirrus's less-than-average defenses, it stood no chance, and a OHKO sealed her fate. Needless to say, I was upset, but it wasn't anything new anymore. Plus her meddling made it easier for Sir Ivy to take the Herdier out. So...yeah. Thanks, Cirrus. You will be missed. *salutes*

R.I.P. Cirrus the Cottonee
Level 23 - Level 28

With that behind us, it was time to face the Gym. Several annoying trainer battles and roller coaster rides later, we were granted access to the Gym. The Gym trainers actually weren't too difficult, with Sunshine and Broccoli making quick work of them. Even the critical hits that we sustained (yes, we encountered even more of them) didn't do too much damage. In any case, we managed to get to Elesa without any mishaps, so thus began the battle for the 4th badge.

GYM LEADER ELESA VS. GRASS
The battle started off with Sir Ivy (as per usual) against her Emolga. I did have to watch out for that secondary Flying-type, but I figured if I could hold on long enough I would be able to get prepared for the next few attacks. I began to use my Leech Seed + Growth strategy, I would be able to take it out in one hit from Return. The Emolga proceeded to use...Pursuit? I'm not sure what compelled Elesa to keep using Pursuit, but it worked for me. Taking a net damage of about 1 or 2 HP per turn, I got 3 Growths in and decided to end the madness with Return, OHKOing the Emolga. It could have used Aerial Ace that whole time, but it didn't...silly.

The next Pokémon was Zebstrika, which was the threat I was preparing for. I knew it had Flame Charge, and I needed to be prepared, but with near-full health, I wasn't too concerned. Unless there was a critical hit. Which there wasn't. The Zebstrika didn't even use Flame Charge for Arceus sake, it used...you guessed it! PURSUIT! I don't know why Elesa was feeling so Pursuit-happy, but it worked for me, as 1 Leaf Blade later Zebstrika was down.

Last up was Flaaffy. Not much to report. Leaf Blade, critical hit, game over, 4th badge won. Phew, Sir Ivy pulled through and Elesa was feeling like her blonde self again wasn't up to her game today. In any case, with that complete, I moved on and trained a little further.

The next thing was the introduction of the lost Xtransceiver side-plot, involving me and some mysterious character named Yancy. It may not be an important plot point in-game, but I can grant you that the fanfiction will make her very important. So I guess you can check that out if you're into that sort of creative storytelling that really doesn't follow the BW2 plot. [/shamelessadvertising]

Pressing on to more important matters, I also decided to do the tag battle with Rosa to fight the two Subway Bosses, Ingo and Emmet. They were a joke, as Sir Ivy critical hit OHKO'd Ingo's Gurdurr and her Dewott KO'd the Boldore in two hits (screw you Sturdy). It overall was a very easy match, especially since the Boldore didn't use an attacking move on his free turn.

Second on the plot line, Team Plasma and their usual good-for-nothing selves appeared for me to take them out. I decided to send Ms. Pokey out, and lo and behold, more critical hits abound! This time, Ms. Pokey took a critical hit Sludge from a Trubbish that actually poisoned her, which, after residual damage, left her with a whopping 4 HP. Needing to switch out, I switched to Broccoli who...*sigh* also got hit with a critical hit Sludge. Game, y u tryin' to kill me!? Still, Broccoli was left with about 40 HP left, so I went for Acrobatics, which it responded with...DoubleSlap. Yeah, real smart, man. I finished it off with one more Acrobatics.

Of course, this game decided to be an even bigger jerk by making me face two grunts in a row, with Ms. Pokey in front. I immediately switched out for Sunshine against the grunt's Watchog, and KO'd it after two hits from Petal Dance. Apparently, the gained experience was enough to put Ms. Pokey to Level 32, and she evolved! I was a little surprised, mostly because I kept thinking she would evolve at Level 37, though I'm not sure what compelled me to think that. But anyways...Hugh went on about his sister's Purrloin and dashed off after healing my Pokémon. What a kind fellow.

That just about does it for this part. Sorry for the late update, I've been busy/unmotivated. But, will the stream of deaths finally end? Will I be able to get my 5th badge as easily as this one? Will Team Plasma keep being critical hit jerks that remain incompetent? Will I become more prompt at uploading parts? These questions among other will be answered...eventually?

The Crew    
  • Sir Ivy - Servine - ♂ // Level 34
  • Moves: Leech Seed // Growth // Leaf Blade // Return
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacturne - ♀ // Level 32
  • Moves: Venoshock // Leech Seed // Faint Attack // Sand Attack
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 2 Levels, evolved
  • Fassad - Foongus - ♂ // Level 32
  • Moves: Mega Drain // Growth // Toxic // Venoshock
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 3 Levels, learned Toxic
  • Sunshine - Sunflora - ♂ // Level 33
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 4 Levels
  • Broccoli - Simisage - ♂ // Level 33
  • Moves: Seed Bomb // Acrobatics // Leech Seed // Bite

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    

• Lilly - Lilligant - ♀
  • Cirrus - Cottonee - ♀
  • Died 7/18/2013, at Nimbasa City, at Level 28

Current Location: Nimbasa City
Old July 30, 2013, 02:48:58 PM
Kyurem

PART 11: GRASS V. GROUND, ROCKIN' THE EARTH

Note: this may not be for you if you're one of those tl;dr blah blah blah blah you probably get it by now. Do you even read this section of the post every time? I bet most of you go down to the spoilers at the bottom and just check to make sure no one died. Oh well. You're missing out, this note is different from all the others. AND YOU'LL NEVER KNOW. MWAHAHAHA.

With all the business in Nimbasa City taken care of, I had nowhere else to go but on to the next town, Driftveil City. After a long unnecessary bike ride along an unnecessarily long bridge with Ducklett encounters, I made it into Driftveil City, which looks completely different in BW2 than in BW. In any case...

Blah, blah, plot, plot, Team Plasma appears, which thus means that Hugh appears and attempts to beat them up. Of course. Anyways, the ex-Team Plasma guy thanks me and takes me to their leader, who is Rood, who I honestly wish was more important in the game. Considering you only battle him once and pretty much loses all purpose beyond the main story...er, anyways. Battled Rood, wasn't too tricky, though his Swoobat got another freaking CRITICAL HIT AIR CUTTER AGGGGH. But no, no one died. Thank Arceus.

Er-hem…anyways, once I had my way with him, I moved on to Route 6 for some much-needed training, along with Pokémon catching, since there was grass. 3 random encounters, weakening, and a Pokéball later…

NEW MEMBER!
Pokémon Sprite 470
Latifole the Leafeon (♂)
Met 7/26/2013, at Route 6, at Level 25
Naughty Nature, Mischievous.
Ability: Leaf Guard // Moves: Quick Attack // GrassWhistle // Magical Leaf // Giga Drain

In any case, 1 mass murder of Audino later, I got some level-ups and some evolution and new move stuff. Sir Ivy evolved (yay!) and learned Coil, which is an awesome boosting move, while Fassad learned Synthesis and our new member Latifole learned...a whole load of moves. Also, with my 13 Red Shards, I figured I could go and teach Broccoli Low Kick for 8 shards for any Steel-type Pokémon that would otherwise wall him. With all these new moves, my Pokémon are starting to slowly get what I hope to be their final movesets.

I managed to level up enough to the point where I felt sufficiently prepared for the Gym battle with Clay. Ground does have a disadvantage, but you know what, it's about time. I've had 2 Gyms with neutral advantage, along with 2 Gyms where we have a disadvantage, so you know what, I've had enough. The Gym Trainers were all pushovers, but the maze is really annoying. I don't like it.

GYM LEADER CLAY VS. GRASS
Let's face it. Clay was easy, no question. I knew Clay started with an Intimidate Krokorok, so I started off with a special attacker, Sunshine. 1 Giga Drain later, it was out like a light. No damage to Sunshine, good start. The next Pokémon was Sandslash, which was a little tougher. I started off with Giga Drain, which somehow didn't kill the Sandslash, while he used Crush Claw which did obscene amounts of damage. Why? FREAKING. CRITICAL. HITS. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

I still managed to finish it off with one more Giga Drain to seal his fate. Good. Then there was Clay's signature Excadrill. I knew there was no chance that Sunshine would be safe (it's probably slower, Sunshine has -1 Defense from Crush Claw, Giga Drain isn't likely to kill it in one hit) so I sent out the new recruit, Latifole. It took his Rock Slide like a bawss and proceeded to damage it with Giga Drain. It did less than half, with which Excadrill responded with Bulldoze, which seemed to only serve the purpose of lowering my Speed. He then outsped me the next turn and used Slash, which landed...yup, a critical hit...but due to Latifole's epic Defense, it didn't do too much. 1 Dig later, Excadrill was down and out, and I had the 5th gym badge in my clutches. Hurrah!

And that just about does it for this part. I actually managed a part without a death for the first time since Part 7. YES! Anyways, what will the future hold? The Pokémon World Tournament looms on the horizon; where will that lead us? Can we trust Gorm and the ex-Team Plasma members to stay out of trouble? Where is Team Plasma, anyways? All this and more in the next part!

The Crew    
  • Sir Ivy - Serperior - ♂ // Level 38
  • Moves: Leech Seed // Coil // Leaf Blade // Return
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 4 Levels, learned Coil, evolved
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacturne - ♀ // Level 37
  • Moves: Venoshock // Leech Seed // Faint Attack // Sand-Attack
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 5 Levels
  • Fassad - Foongus - ♂ // Level 35
  • Moves: Giga Drain // Synthesis // Toxic // Venoshock
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 3 Levels, learned Synthesis
  • Sunshine - Sunflora - ♂ // Level 36
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 3 Levels
  • Broccoli - Simisage - ♂ // Level 37
  • Moves: Seed Bomb // Acrobatics // Low Kick // Bite
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 4 Levels, learned Low Kick
  • Latifole - Leafeon - ♂ // Level 36
  • Met 7/26/2013, at Route 6, at Level 25
  • Moves: Strength // Swords Dance // Dig // Giga Drain
  • Ability: Leaf Guard
  • Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpD)
  • Characteristic: Mischievous.
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 11 Levels, learned Strength, Swords Dance, and Dig

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    

• Lilly - Lilligant - ♀
  • Cirrus - Cottonee - ♀

Current Location: Driftveil City
Old August 1, 2013, 08:17:52 PM
Kyurem

PART 12: STATS AND STUFF
Pokémon Caught so Far: 9
Pokémon Died so Far: 3

Note: WHAT IS THIS HERESY!? Yes, this chapter will total 3 parts. My blood and sweat and creativity are going into this chapter, and if you don't like it, then you're a terrible person you're going to miss out on a lot of plot, cameos from characters from earlier games, and an all out chaos fest of epic proportions. Just sayin'.

I'm not going to lie, there really isn't much to update other than Broccoli totally decimating the competition at the PWT and Latifole almost getting killed on two occasions, both due to darn critical hits. AGH, THIS GAME HAS A MALEVOLENT SENTIENCE OF ITS OWN OR SOMETHIN'.

But, enough about that. Today I come to take a little time to reflect, and look at stats. I figured, being a numbers junkie, that I show you guys the stats (in the basic HP / Attack / Defense / Sp. Attack / Sp. Defense / Speed order) in the spoilers at the bottom. Yes, even of the dead Pokémon. But that's enough talk. I guess I should really put in my two cents on the team's performance so far, and who's more powerful than whom in certain stats, and the whatnot.

HP
  1. Sir Ivy (127 HP)
  2. Broccoli (123 HP)
  3. Sunshine (119 HP)
  4. Ms. Pokey (112 HP)
  5. Fassad (109 HP)
  6. Latifole (108 HP)
Good to see all my Pokémon have decent endurance, but it's not going to stop there, oh no. Granted, with all the Audino I've slaughtered throughout he run, I've probably accumulated a lot of HP EVs, but I don't think that it's played a major factor in determining their HP just yet. Base stat-wise, Sir Ivy, Broccoli, and Sunshine all tie with 75 (which actually isn't that high...), Ms. Pokey has 70, Fassad has 69, and Latifole takes the rear with 65. I'm sure that once Fassad evolves into an Amoonguss, its stats will probably get a lot better, but for the time being, you won't see Fassad getting very high in any of the standings for the time being. But I guess that's to be expected, since all my other Pokémon are actually fully evolved now...how about that.

Attack
  1. Broccoli (102 ATK)
  2. Latifole (102 ATK)
  3. Ms. Pokey (101 ATK)
  4. Sir Ivy (76 ATK)
  5. Sunshine (66 ATK)
  6. Fassad (48 ATK)
The top 3 are really packed together, huh? But my physical attackers are pretty beast to say in the least; both Broccoli and Latifole have natures that boost their attack, and they both have generally good movepools when it comes down to it. Both of them are pretty fast too, as you'll see later. Ms. Pokey comes up just short (even though she has a higher base Attack than both, standing at 115 to Broccoli's 98 and Latifole's 110) with only 1 less Attack, which really doesn't matter, but the unfortunate reality is that she's slow. Sir Ivy is more of a tanky attacker, so I can forgive his lack of Attack, while Sunshine and Fassad don't even utilize their Attack for much, so it's forgivable.

Defense
  1. Latifole (113 DEF)
  2. Sir Ivy (88 DEF)
  3. Broccoli (64 DEF)
  4. Ms. Pokey (56 DEF)
  5. Sunshine (53 DEF)
  6. Fassad (45 DEF)
More variation here, but unfortunately, most of my team is lacking in physical defense, which is what makes Latifole such a godsend. Without him, I would have no way of tanking physical attackers, which is...well, not good. So it's incredibly valuable to have Latifole. Still, Sir Ivy can take a few hits with his HP stat being the highest and his Defense being the second-highest. Everyone else is pretty frail, unfortunately. The many close calls I've had with Ms. Pokey would probably prove this pretty well. Luckily, Broccoli has enough speed to make the defense not too problematic. Wish I could say the same about the bottom three, though, as they don't have very good Speed stats...

Special Attack
  1. Ms. Pokey (98 SP.ATK)
  2. Sunshine (87 SP.ATK)
  3. Broccoli (72 SP.ATK)
  4. Sir Ivy (69 SP.ATK)
  5. Latifole (63 SP.ATK)
  6. Fassad (50 SP.ATK)
This came as a bit of a shock to me. Ms. Pokey, who I've given purely physical moves, also has the highest Special Attack. Well, base stat-wise, it makes sense, but considering I need Sunshine and Fassad for my Special attacking needs, and seeing as they come in 2nd and last, it really makes me think. Broccoli and Sir Ivy both don't even bother with their Special Attack stats, while Latifole only uses it for Giga Drain and will ultimately be replaced by Leaf Blade once he learns it. I hope Fassad's Special Attack increases once he evolves, otherwise, I'm going to have a bad time...

Special Defense
  1. Sir Ivy (89 SP.DEF)
  2. Sunshine (81 SP.DEF)
  3. Broccoli (56 SP.DEF)
  4. Ms. Pokey (54 SP.DEF)
  5. Latifole (52 SP.DEF)
  6. Fassad (50 SP.DEF)
Alright, no beating around the bush on this one. Our Special Defense sucks, nothing more to be said. It's just...ugh, terrible. BAD. AWFUL. ATTROCIOUS! Sir Ivy is my go-to for all Special Attackers, as it has the highest HP stat as well and can buff out these things, but the rest of the team is utterly helpless. Aside from Sir Ivy and Sunshine, no one on my team can take a Special hit, and that's going to be reaaaaaaaally problematic as this nuzlocke continues, and Special attacks become more popular than Physical. It worries me. Also, if you haven't noticed, Fassad's been last on every list except for HP. How he's still alive is anyone's guess.

Speed
  1. Sir Ivy (108 SPD)
  2. Broccoli (92 SPD)
  3. Latifole (81 SPD)
  4. Ms. Pokey (58 SPD)
  5. Sunshine (38 SPD)
  6. Fassad (18 SPD)
In my opinion, of all the stats, I think Speed is the most important one of all. And from the looks of it, we've got a whole variety of them. Sir Ivy is oddly the fastest, despite being snake which is traditionally pretty slow, followed by what should be a far more agile monkey. But, I guess the guys at Game Freak thought otherwise. In any case, being able to consistently move first with Sir Ivy and Broccoli has been very important. Latifole has good Speed, but is still occasionally outsped by stuff. The bottom 3, however, aren't really outspeeding anything. That is a problem for Ms. Pokey, while Sunshine can still take some pretty hard hits and live, while Fassad has yet to evolve and is thus incredibly frail as it stands.

The Crew    
  • Sir Ivy - Serperior - ♂ // Level 40
  • Stats: 127 / 76 / 88 / 69 / 89 / 108
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacturne - ♀ // Level 38
  • Moves: Venoshock // Seed Bomb // Faint Attack // Sand-Attack
  • Stats: 112 / 101 / 56 / 98 / 54 / 58
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 1 Level, learned Seed Bomb
  • Fassad - Foongus - ♂ // Level 37
  • Stats: 109 / 48 / 45 / 50 / 50 / 18
  • Sunshine - Sunflora - ♂ // Level 38
  • Moves: Giga Drain // Leech Seed // Double-Edge // Petal Dance
  • Stats: 119 / 66 / 53 / 87 / 81 / 38
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 2 Levels, learned Double-Edge
  • Broccoli - Simisage - ♂ // Level 39
  • Stats: 123 / 102 / 64 / 72 / 56 / 92
  • Held Item: Expert Belt
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 2 Levels, equipped the Expert Belt
  • Latifole - Leafeon - ♂ // Level 39
  • Moves: Strength // Swords Dance // Dig // Giga Drain
  • Stats: 108 / 102 / 113 / 63 / 52 / 81
  • Held Item: Shell Bell
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 3 Levels, equipped the Shell Bell

The Reserves    
None

The Fallen    

• Stats (at time of death): 98 / 48 / 44 / 50 / 56 / 39
  • Lilly - Lilligant - ♀
  • Stats (at time of death): 81 / 41 / 48 / 69 / 47 / 59
  • Cirrus - Cottonee - ♀
  • Stats (at time of death): 63 / 20 / 38 / 30 / 36 / 44

Current Location: Driftveil City
Old September 8, 2013, 10:37:51 PM
Kyurem

PART 13: THE CAVE OF FREAKIN' WONDERS
Pokémon Caught so Far: 10

Note: I'M TIRED AND BUSY LEAVE ME ALONE ARGHFLHSHFGGH
btw if you're a fan of transceivershipping then here you go you freakin leeches

With the fifth badge in hand and the Team Plasma trolls out of the way, the time came to continue on into Chargestone Cave. The place is no picnic, and in taking the risk of training Fassad, he almost died a few times...but, ultimately, we evaded death and he evolved! YAAAY! Of course, that said, I now had to take the useless Eviolite off him, and replace it with the slightly less useful Rocky Helmet. Oh well, now people might want to think twice about attacking me with a physical move, especially since Effect Spore still exists.

So, more grinding happens, and I almost get killed by a Magmar, but Latifole felt like being epic today and totally owned him. After extensive searching of the cave for more trainers to take money from train with, we were pretty well set up, so we made our way to Mistralton City, the Seattle of the Unova region with its constant rain and snow and stuff. plz don't kill me if u live in seattle i have so much to live for

And so once we got there, Professor Juniper decided to show up for the first time in ever and decided to be helpful for once, though I had to follow her all the way to the Death Tower Celestial Tower so that I could get the uberiffic training item known as the Lucky Egg. UBER DOUBLE EXP FROM AUDINO FTW!!! I'm starting to gain well over 3000 EXP from each battle, so leveling up will be a cinch. Granted, my Pokémon are probably only going to have huge HP EVs now...oops?

Anyways that's about it. Sorry for the short update and the long wait. There really wasn't much I did this time that's worth any note...I did teach my Pokémon some new moves, so go look at that. And I also need to prepare for the Mistralton City gym, which is sure to be...*sigh*...a blast...anyways, I'll just be here in the corner, lamenting my life's decisions.

Lilly, why did I send you out against that Sigilyph...whyyyyyyyyyyyy *sob*

Oh, and I caught a Maractus. I actually have a backup Pokémon for once.

SENT TO THE PC!
Pokémon Sprite 556
Cucaracha the Maractus (♀)
Caught 8/13/2013, at Route 7, at Level 30
Jolly Nature, Mischievous
Ability: Chlorophyll // Moves: Cotton Spore, Needle Arm, Giga Drain, Accupressure

The Crew    
  • Sir Ivy - Serperior - ♂ // Level 44
  • Stats: 140 / 84 / 96 / 75 / 98 / 118
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacturne - ♀ // Level 41
  • Moves: Sucker Punch // Seed Bomb // Faint Attack // Sand-Attack
  • Stats: 122 / 109 / 61 / 105 / 58 / 62
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 3 Levels, learned Sucker Punch
  • Fassad - Amoonguss - ♂ // Level 40
  • Stats: 153 / 74 / 70 / 79 / 75 / 34
  • Held Item: Rocky Helmet
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 3 Levels, evolved, equipped Rocky Helmet
  • Sunshine - Sunflora - ♂ // Level 42
  • Moves: Giga Drain // Sunny Day // Double-Edge // Petal Dance
  • Stats: 133 / 74 / 58 / 96 / 89 / 41
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 4 Levels, learned Sunny Day
  • Broccoli - Simisage - ♂ // Level 43
  • Stats: 136 / 114 / 71 / 80 / 62 / 103
  • Latifole - Leafeon - ♂ // Level 43
  • Moves: Strength // X-Scissor // Dig // Giga Drain
  • Stats: 119 / 112 / 124 / 70 / 56 / 90
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 4 Levels, learned X-Scissor

The Reserves    
  • Cucaracha - Maractus - ♀
  • Met 7/13/2013, at Route 7, at Level 30
  • Moves: Cotton Spore // Needle Arm // Giga Drain // Accupressure
  • Stats: 87 / 65 / 52 / 69 / 51 / 53
  • Ability: Chlorophyll
  • Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)

The Fallen    

• Lilly - Lilligant - ♀
  • Cirrus - Cottonee - ♀

Current Location: Mistralton City
Old November 5, 2013, 09:55:27 PM
Kyurem

PART 14: LO AND BEHOLD, I LIVE!
Pokémon Caught so Far: 10
Total Badges: 5

In all the hubbub of Pokémon X and Y, I totally forgot this was a thing. Also in all the chaos of senior year of high school and college applications, I haven't had time to update the fanfic, so I'm going to be dropping that portion. I can't seem to keep my creative juices flowing with that. But, if you guys really want it back, I guess I can accommodate. But I just have been having serious writer's block.

Anyways, after arriving in Mistralton City, I decided to grind a bit for the next gym, since I'm up against a massive disadvantage. But when I couldn't seem to find any Audino, I decided that it was time to go for broke. The gym trainers weren't too difficult to deal with, but I had a close call with one of the Gym trainers with Ms. Pokey, but it went smoothly afterwards.

Then there was the Gym battle. Oh boy...

GYM LEADER SKYLA VS. GRASS
I led off with Ms. Pokey, which seems like an unconventional choice, but seeing as Swoobat was first, I knew that a Sucker Punch would do that trick. And so it did, the Sucker Punch OHKOing the Swoobat. One threat down, two more to go.

The Swanna went a little less swimmingly. I stayed in with Ms. Pokey and went for the Sucker Punch, which did decent damage, but the Swanna survived to hit me with Air Slash, which did massive damage. Fearing for Ms. Pokey, I switched her out for Sir Ivy, who took the Air Slash like a Champ. The Leaf Blade sealed Swanna's fate, and I was up two Pokémon.

Her last Pokémon, Skarmory, was far more tricky to deal with. I decided that a slow battle was the way to deal with it, hitting it with Sir Ivy's Leech Seed and whittling it down with Coil and Return. Sir Ivy really took Skarmory's Air Cutter well, and when all was said and done, Sir Ivy was victorious, and I had the Jet Badge in hand.

With that very tense battle out of the way, I now had to move on to Lentimas Town. What craziness awaits there? What new Pokémon awaits at the formidable Reverse Mountain? Will the next update be more prompt than the last? Find out next time~!

The Crew    
  • Sir Ivy - Serperior - ♂ // Level 47
  • Stats: 150 / 90 / 103 / 80 / 105 / 126
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 3 Levels
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacturne - ♀ // Level 45
  • Stats: 135 / 119 / 66 / 115 / 63 / 69
  • Fassad - Amoonguss - ♂ // Level 45
  • Stats: 173 / 85 / 78 / 88 / 84 / 38
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 5 Levels
  • Sunshine - Sunflora - ♂ // Level 43
  • Moves: Giga Drain // Sunny Day // Double-Edge // Petal Dance
  • Stats: 136 / 76 / 60 / 98 / 91 / 43
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 1 Level
  • Broccoli - Simisage - ♂ // Level 45
  • Moves: Seed Bomb // Acrobatics // Low Kick // Shadow Claw
  • Stats: 143 / 118 / 74 / 83 / 64 / 107
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 2 Levels, learned Shadow Claw
  • Latifole - Leafeon - ♂ // Level 44
  • Moves: Strength // X-Scissor // Dig // Giga Drain
  • Stats: 122 / 114 / 127 / 71 / 58 / 92

The Reserves    

The Fallen    

• Lilly - Lilligant - ♀
  • Cirrus - Cottonee - ♀

Current Location: Mistralton City

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; November 6, 2013 at 09:44:25 PM.
Old November 7, 2013, 07:40:50 AM
Kyurem

PART 15: THE VOLCANO THAT WASN'T REALLY A VOLCANO BUT ACTUALLY WAS
Pokémon Caught so Far: 11
Total Badges: 6

With Mistralton City out of the way, and a very tense situation it was, we made our way by plane to Lentimas Town, the pueblo town of Pokémon Black 2. The place would be pretty useless to me, except there was a Move Tutor there, and I'll be darned if I didn't take advantage of it. Before I ran out of money to buy Repels so that I could go shard hunting, I managed to accumulate the 16 Blue Shards needed to teach Sir Ivy Aqua Tail, and Sunshine Earth Power. I would have gotten another 10 to teach Broccoli Superpower, but I decided that it would have to wait or I would go broke.

Anyways, the outside of Reversal Mountain had grass, so I had the opportunity to catch another backup Pokémon. And that Pokémon was...

SENT TO THE PC!
Pokémon Sprite 388
Iroquois the Grotle (♂)
Caught 11/7/2013, at Reversal Mountain, at Level 31
Quiet Nature, Mischievous
Ability: Overgrow // Moves: Razor Leaf, Curse, Bite, Giga Drain

After a little bit of grinding, I met Bianca in all her silliness and tag teamed with her for a bit. She wasn't actually that useless this time, helping to take out a Drifblim and Golbat that Latifole would have otherwise been unable to hit that hard. So good on you, Bianca. For the first time since you gave me the TM for Return, you were useful.

I then realized I forgot to do the whole Strange House subplot, so I backtracked and headed in there, Broccoli decimating any Ghost-types that came our way with Shadow Claw. We then got the Lunar Wing, which won't be useful at all until we reach the post-game.

That's about all to report for today, with my saving right before the exit to Undella Town. More opportunities to catch Pokémon await...what will we find?

The Crew    
  • Sir Ivy - Serperior - ♂ // Level 48
  • Moves: Aqua Tail // Coil // Leaf Blade // Return
  • Stats: 154 / 92 / 105 / 82 / 107 / 129
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 1 Level, learned Aqua Tail
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacturne - ♀ // Level 46
  • Stats: 138 / 123 / 68 / 118 / 64 / 70
  • Fassad - Amoonguss - ♂ // Level 45
  • Stats: 173 / 85 / 78 / 88 / 84 / 38
  • Changes in this Part: None to report
  • Sunshine - Sunflora - ♂ // Level 46
  • Moves: Giga Drain // Sunny Day // Earth Power // Petal Dance
  • Stats: 146 / 82 / 64 / 105 / 97 / 46
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 3 Levels, learned Earth Power
  • Broccoli - Simisage - ♂ // Level 47
  • Stats: 151 / 125 / 77 / 87 / 67 / 112
  • Latifole - Leafeon - ♂ // Level 47
  • Moves: Strength // X-Scissor // Dig // Leaf Blade
  • Stats: 131 / 124 / 135 / 76 / 62 / 99
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 3 Levels, learned Leaf Blade

The Reserves    
  • Iroquois - Grotle - ♂
  • Met 11/7/2013, at Reversal Mountain, at Level 31
  • Moves: Razor Leaf // Curse // Bite // Mega Drain
  • Stats: 92 / 62 / 64 / 51 / 46 / 30

The Fallen    

• Lilly - Lilligant - ♀
  • Cirrus - Cottonee - ♀

Current Location: Reversal Mountain

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; November 7, 2013 at 06:09:35 PM.
Old November 7, 2013, 07:42:01 PM
Kyurem

PART 16: VACATIONING AT UNDELLA BAY
Pokémon Caught so Far: 12

Walkin' around...doin' things...out of Reversal Mountain, we finally made it into Undella Town and now it's time for some surfing! So the team and I went to the Pokémon Center to get healed up, and we hung out at the beach for a little where we worked up a nice tan and had a swell time soaking up the sun. We did a little beach-combing and found some pearls in the sand, and we also hung around at the bar and got ourselves a nice martini and just enjoyed ourselves, watching the sun set over the orange Undella horizon...

...Oh, wait, that didn't happen. Lame. In any case, there really isn't much to do in Undella Town, as it pretty much serves as a stopping point for all intensive purposes. So I didn't stay there long, choosing to train in Route 14 for a bit before moving on. Route 14 had some grass in it and there we found another cute friend:

SENT TO THE PC!
Pokémon Sprite 043
Sonata the Oddish (♀)
Caught 11/7/2013, at Route 14, at Level 34
Quirky Nature, Likes to run
Ability: Chlorophyll // Moves: Mega Drain, Lucky Chant, Natural Gift, Moonlight
She's named as such because she kept annoying the heck out of me by using Moonlight to make catching her even more of a pain. So...Moonlight Sonata. Yeah. Good song though.

And then...blah blah blah...more trainer battles and Audino massacre...and then the fated reunion with Hugh. So the reunion battle began.

Pokémon Trainer Hugh vs. Grass
So I led off with Fassad and he led with Unfezant. My plan was to use Fassad's walling capability to poison it with Toxic and then Venoshock it to death, but Unfezant had other plans. It proceeded to Taunt me, so I couldn't hit it with Toxic, so I went all out and just Venoshock'd. After 3 of those, and taking a brutal hit from Air Slash, it was over with Fassad had a little less than half his HP left.

Next up was the juggernaut, Emboar. This legitimately worried me, as I would have to switch in Sir Ivy to get the super-effective Aqua Tail, but I didn't like my chances of taking the hit well. Latifole had by far the highest Defense, so with that in mind, I sent out Latifole to take the hit. Emboar used Take Down (oddly) and Latifole walled it like a supahvisa. I used Dig and nearly KO'd it, and Latifole finished the job with Strength.

The last Pokémon was Simipour...and well, let's just say that by the time Latifole used his moves, there were monkey chunks on the beach that day.

That just about does it for this update...next time we'll be moving on to Route 13 and traversing another long...long...route...ugh...

The Crew    
  • Sir Ivy - Serperior - ♂ // Level 49
  • Stats: 157 / 95 / 108 / 84 / 109 / 132
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacturne - ♀ // Level 47
  • Moves: Sucker Punch // Seed Bomb // Payback // Sand-Attack
  • Stats: 141 / 125 / 69 / 120 / 66 / 72
  • Changes in this Part: Gained 1 Level, learned Payback
  • Fassad - Amoonguss - ♂ // Level 46
  • Stats: 176 / 88 / 80 / 90 / 86 / 39
  • Sunshine - Sunflora - ♂ // Level 47
  • Stats: 150 / 84 / 66 / 107 / 99 / 47
  • Broccoli - Simisage - ♂ // Level 48
  • Stats: 154 / 127 / 79 / 89 / 68 / 114
  • Latifole - Leafeon - ♂ // Level 48
  • Stats: 134 / 127 / 138 / 78 / 63 / 101

The Reserves    
  • Iroquois - Grotle - ♂
  • Sonata - Oddish - ♀
  • Met 11/7/2013, at Route 14, at Level 34
  • Moves: Mega Drain // Lucky Chant // Natural Gift // Moonlight
  • Stats: 82 / 46 / 51 / 59 / 49 / 35
  • Characteristic: Likes to run.

The Fallen    

• Lilly - Lilligant - ♀
  • Cirrus - Cottonee - ♀

Current Location: Reversal Mountain
Old November 28, 2013, 11:18:49 AM
Kyurem

PART 17: NEW FRIENDS, OLD ENEMIES
Pokémon Caught so Far: 14

So on we were to Route 13. It's a particularly long route, and all the stuff going on around made my eyes hurt. That said, since there was grass, I got another opportunity to find a new buddy. The first Grass-type Pokémon I found was...

Whimsicott. Shoot. Since I can't catch Pokémon of the same evolutionary family as an already caught Pokémon, living or dead, I had to ditch Whimsicott. Sad, too; all it did was remind me of what Cirrus could have been if she hadn't died. The game has a malevolent sentience of its own, I swear. It tortures me. After I went to bed and cried a little, I went back and searched again. The second legal encounter was far more stress-free, and I caught our next member...

SENT TO THE PC!
Pokémon Sprite 254
Scephiroth the Sceptile (♂)
Caught 11/27/13, at Route 13, at Level 36
Relaxed Nature, Somewhat of a clown.
Ability: Overgrow // Moves: Pursuit, Screech, Leaf Blade, Agility

The nature isn't great, but Sceptile is cool. It will definitely be taken into consideration should another member die. Which I hope will never happen, though it seems likely given the battles that lie ahead.

So we went through the route, annihilating all the trainers in our way, and got to Lacunosa Town where Professor Juniper went on and on about the monster in Giant Chasm. Clearly it's not a plot point and shouldn't be taken that seriously. I mean, come on. A monster in Giant Chasm? Laughable.

What isn't laughable is that Team Plasma was around and so we had to go in and destroy Zinzolin and his cohort with Hugh on our side. His Emboar was actually quite useful. It's about time they give you a rival who isn't totally inept and does say "Smell ya later" all the time. It annoyed me, though, that the battle offered me no statistical advantages and just proceeded to annoy me. Ugh.

After owning Zinzolin and his cohort and making them run off like pansies, I figured that since Route 12 was just ahead, why not catch a second Pokémon? The first encounter I had was a Grovyle, but since we just caught Scephiroth, we had to ditch it. The next Grass-type encounter was Parasect, who legitimately gave us a difficult time to capture because of Spore shenaniganry. But, ultimately, it was caught:

SENT TO THE PC!
Pokémon Sprite 47
Fungirl the Parasect (♀)
Caught 11/28/13, at Route 12, at Level 36
Gentle Nature, Alert to sounds.
Ability: Effect Spore // Moves: Leech Life, Fury Cutter, Spore, Slash

Aaaaaaaaaand that's all. I think I'm doing pretty well, after all, I haven't lost any Pokémon since that utter massacre...so we'll continue. Seeeeeyaaaaaa!

The Crew    
  • Sir Ivy - Serperior - ♂ // Level 50
  • Stats: 160 / 97 / 110 / 86 / 112 / 136
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacturne - ♀ // Level 47
  • Stats: 141 / 126 / 69 / 120 / 66 / 72
  • Fassad - Amoonguss - ♂ // Level 47
  • Stats: 180 / 90 / 82 / 92 / 88 / 41
  • Sunshine - Sunflora - ♂ // Level 47
  • Stats: 150 / 84 / 66 / 107 / 99 / 48
  • Broccoli - Simisage - ♂ // Level 48
  • Stats: 154 / 127 / 79 / 89 / 68 / 115
  • Latifole - Leafeon - ♂ // Level 49
  • Stats: 137 / 129 / 141 / 79 / 64 / 103

The Reserves    
  • Iroquois - Grotle - ♂
  • Sonata - Oddish - ♀
  • Moves: Mega Drain // Lucky Chant // Natural Gift // Moonlight
  • Stats: 82 / 46 / 51 / 59 / 49 / 35
  • Scephiroth - Sceptile - ♂
  • Met 11/27/2013, at Route 13, at Level 36
  • Moves: Pursuit // Screech // Leaf Blade // Agility
  • Stats: 99 / 73 / 62 / 84 / 67 / 90
  • Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)
  • Characteristic: Somewhat of a clown.
  • Fungirl - Parasect - ♀
  • Met 7/28/2013, at Route 12, at Level 36
  • Moves: Leech Life // Fury Cutter // Spore // Slash
  • Stats: 89 / 82 / 61 / 56 / 78 / 37
  • Nature: Gentle (+Def, -SpD)

The Fallen    

• Lilly - Lilligant - ♀
  • Cirrus - Cottonee - ♀

Current Location: Lacunosa Town
Old November 29, 2013, 09:09:21 AM
Kyurem

PART 18: REQUIEM AND SONATA
Pokémon Caught so Far: 14
Pokémon Died so Far: 5

My life in four words: I really jinxed myself.

Route 12 was teeming with karate people, and I figured that I could train Sunshine a little bit. I ran into the karate guy there, and much to my misfortune, he had a Heracross. I figured, though, that Sunshine would still be able to take him on since Heracross generally didn't learn many Bug-type moves at all, with the exception of Megahorn, which is literally the last move it learns. So I thought I could take it on with Giga Drain and be done with it in about three turns.

I was wrong. As I was unaware of, Heracross apparently learn Close Combat pretty early. Sunshine got slammed by a critical hit Close Combat, and coming off a base 125 Attack Pokémon, STAB, and against a Pokémon with mediocre defenses...yeah. Sunshine was OHKO'd.

R.I.P. Sunshine the Sunflora
Level 21 - Level 47

After beating myself up over my lack of regard for Heracross's moveset, I switched into Broccoli and annihilated it with Acrobatics. I was really upset...I lost a valuable team member, a friend, and cheery sun Pokémon who always seemed happy. Even in death, he looked happy. With Lacunosa Town not far away, I fled to the Pokémon Center to box Sunshine away for good, and to decide my next course of action.

Deciding who would replace Sunshine was not a hard task. I needed a Pokémon who could take over for Sunshine's ability to learn Earth Power. Iroquois the Grotle seemed to fit that bill perfectly, so without too much though, I hauled Iroquois in for his debut.

WELCOME TO THE TEAM!
Pokémon Sprite 388
Iroquois the Grotle (♂)
Caught 11/7/2013, at Reversal Mountain, at Level 31
Quiet Nature, Mischievous
Ability: Overgrow // Moves: Razor Leaf, Curse, Bite, Giga Drain

Training Iroquois was a pleasure. It promptly evolved into Torterra after beating up 1 Audino, and was thus able to wreck shop with Earthquake. I was reluctant to go all the way back to Lentimas Town to give it Seed Bomb, though Razor Leaf would do just fine. At length, Iroquois also learned Crunch, which obviously replaced Bite. I also replaced Giga Drain with the very useful Leech Seed. In no time, it was caught up with the rest. With that, we moved on to Village Bridge.

Village Bridge is one of my favorite locations in the game. They added some trainers here too, so for more experience, which Iroquois was just abl to dominate. I was very pleased with his work. That said, when we took on the gentleman who keeps you from passing the bridge, things started to go downhill.

His first Pokémon was Durant, a Pokémon Grass-types generally have issues dealing with. Feeling it necessary to get as much residual damage in as possible, I set up Leech Seed. Durant proceeded to use Bug Bite, which missed, which made it plain to see that its ability was Hustle. That had me off guard a little bit, as it powers up Durant's moves at the cost of accuracy, but Iroquois was a decent physical wall, so I thought it might not be too problematic.

WRONG. After dishing out an Earthquake that the Durant simply shrugged off with less than half its HP taken out, it landed a critical hit Bug Bite, and, of course, that was the end of that.

R.I.P. Iroquois the Torterra
Level 31 - Level 46

Incomprehensible rage washed over me. Two crits in a single run, both of which led to my demise!? I was furious; this Durant needed to be shown what it meant to trifle with me. I had to get my premier physical wall out to take the hits that Durant could lay out, and retaliate back; that left me with two choices, Fassad or Latifole. Fassad had nothing to hit back with, so Latifole it was. The best thing that Latifole could do was Dig, so that's what I did. I outsped him on the Dig, but the next turn, Durant outsped me, signifying a Speed tie, and while I was underground, Durant dug as well. Thus, Latifole came up without hitting anything...

I dug again, not outspeeding, but the Durant missed on the Dig. I outsped the next turn, landing a critical hit Dig that ended the Durant's days. The second Pokémon, Lucario, was no problem at all as a Dig sealed its fate, while Lucario was unable to land a single hit. But with all that done, I had to go back to the Pokémon Center in Lacunosa Town to find a replacement for the now-dead Iroquois. This decision would be much harder, but after mulling over the possibilities, I decided to go with Sonata.

WELCOME TO THE TEAM!
Pokémon Sprite 43
Sonata the Oddish (♀)
Caught 11/7/2013, at Route 14, at Level 34
Quirky Nature, Likes to run
Ability: Chlorophyll // Moves: Mega Drain, Lucky Chant, Natural Gift, Moonlight

Now to train Sonata. I gave it the Sunny Day TM I retrieved earlier along with Venoshock, to replace both Lucky Chant and Natural Gift which are all but useless. So that I wouldn't have to wait till a really late level to get Giga Drain, I trained Sonata, not letting her evolve until she learned Giga Drain at Level 37, at which point I let her evolve into Gloom. Now comes the difficult decision of whether to evolve her into Vileplume or Bellossom. Vileplume has better offenses and better defensive typing, while Bellossom has better defenses, though a worse defensive typing, while removing the need for Venoshock which I could replace with Sleep Powder to make Sonata the ultimate nuisance. Since I already have Fassad, I'm leaning towards evolving her into a Bellossom, but I haven't decided yet, so for right now I'm keeping her as a Gloom.

That just about does it for this long update...I reeeally jinxed myself last time, so I'm not even going to say anything now.

The Crew    
  • Stats: 160 / 97 / 110 / 86 / 112 / 136
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacturne - ♀ // Level 48
  • Stats: 144 / 129 / 71 / 123 / 67 / 73
  • Stats: 181 / 90 / 82 / 92 / 88 / 41
  • Broccoli - Simisage - ♂ // Level 49
  • Stats: 157 / 130 / 81 / 90 / 70 / 118
  • Stats: 137 / 129 / 141 / 79 / 64 / 103
  • Sonata - Gloom - ♀ // Level 41
  • Moves: Giga Drain // Sunny Day // Venoshock // Moonlight
  • Stats: 111 / 66 / 73 / 78 / 66 / 50
  • Changes in this Part: Joined, gained 8 Levels, learned Giga Drain, Sunny Day, and Venoshock

The Reserves    
  • Fungirl - Parasect - ♀
  • Met 7/28/2013, at Route 12, at Level 36

The Fallen    

• Lilly - Lilligant - ♀
  • Cirrus - Cottonee - ♀
  • Sunshine - Sunflora - ♂
  • Died 11/28/2013, at Route 12, at Level 47
  • Stats (at time of death): 150 / 84 / 66 / 107 / 99 / 48
  • Iroquois - Torterra - ♂
  • Died 11/28/2013, at Village Bridge, at Level 46
  • Moves: Razor Lead // Crunch // Earthquake // Leech Seed
  • Stats (at time of death): 153 / 108 / 111 / 94 / 84 / 59
  • Characteristic: Mischievous

Current Location: Village Bridge

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; November 29, 2013 at 10:24:18 AM.
Old December 7, 2013, 04:03:46 PM
Kyurem

PART 19: COMEBACK
Pokémon Caught so Far: 17
Pokémon Died so Far: 5

First thing's first: I decided to go ahead and evolve Sonata into Nuptup, er...I mean Vileplume. I expect great things from Sonata, as she is capable of a lot of recovery, which can mean everything in battle, especially in a nuzlocke. With Chlorophyll, Giga Drain, Sunny Day, and Moonlight, I really Sonata can survive for quite some time.

With that out of the way, all that is really involved in this episode are Audino massacre, trainer massacre, and capturing some more Pokémon to become slaves to my will. By which I mean my prized partners. *shifty eyes* Since so many grassy routes were close together, I decided to go ahead and take the time to catch 3 more Pokémon at Village Bridge, Route 11, and Route 9, respectively. And our new members are...

SENT TO THE PC!
Pokémon Sprite 586
Kisetsu the Sawsbuck (♀)
Caught 12/6/2013, at Village Bridge, at Level 38
Timid Nature, Impetuous and silly.
Ability: Sap Sipper // Moves: Aromatherapy, Energy Ball, Charm, Horn Leech

Pokémon Sprite 1
Sebulba the Bulbasaur (♂)
Caught 12/6/2013, at Route 11, at Level 38
Bold Nature, Likes to relax.
Ability: Overgrow // Moves: Double-Edge, Worry Seed, Synthesis, Seed Bomb

Muncher the Rotom-C (-)
Caught 12/6/2013, at Route 9, at Level 37
Adamant Nature, Loves to eat.
Ability: Levitate // Moves: Double Team, Shock Wave, Ominous Wind, Leaf Storm

Unfortunately only Sebulba has that great a nature, but I'll work my way around it somehow. Really, beyond that, short update...but next time we'll be taking on Drayden, and...stuff...will get real.

The Crew    
  • Stats: 160 / 97 / 111 / 86 / 112 / 136
  • Ms. Pokey - Cacturne - ♀ // Level 48
  • Stats: 144 / 129 / 71 / 123 / 67 / 73
  • Stats: 181 / 90 / 82 / 92 / 88 / 42
  • Broccoli - Simisage - ♂ // Level 49
  • Stats: 157 / 130 / 81 / 90 / 70 / 118
  • Stats: 137 / 129 / 141 / 80 / 64 / 104
  • Sonata - Vileplume - ♀ // Level 47
  • Moves: Giga Drain // Sunny Day // Venoshock // Moonlight
  • Stats: 141 / 90 / 97 / 104 / 90 / 67
  • Changes in this Part: Evolved, gained 6 Levels

The Reserves    
  • Fungirl - Parasect - ♀
  • Met 11/28/2013, at Route 12, at Level 36
  • Kisetsu - Sawsbuck - ♀
  • Met 12/6/2013, at Village Bridge, at Level 38
  • Moves: Aromatherapy // Energy Ball // Charm // Horn Leech
  • Stats: 110 / 81 / 66 / 52 / 59 / 95
  • Ability: Sap Sipper
  • Sebulba - Bulbasaur - ♂
  • Met 12/6/2013, at Route 11, at Level 38
  • Moves: Double-Edge // Worry Seed // Synthesis // Seed Bomb
  • Stats: 92 / 42 / 58 / 58 / 57 / 40
  • Nature: Timid (+Def, -Atk)
  • Muncher - Rotom-C - N/A
  • Met 12/6/2013, at Route 9, at Level 37
  • Moves: Double Team // Shock Wave // Ominous Wind // Leaf Storm
  • Stats: 95 / 58 / 92 / 75 / 88 / 77
  • Ability: Levitate
  • Nature: Timid (+Def, -Atk)
  • Characteristic: Loves to eat.

The Fallen    

• Lilly - Lilligant - ♀
  • Cirrus - Cottonee - ♀
  • Sunshine - Sunflora - ♂
  • Died 11/28/2013, at Route 12, at Level 47
  • Stats (at time of death): 150 / 84 / 66 / 107 / 99 / 48
  • Iroquois - Torterra - ♂
  • Died 11/28/2013, at Village Bridge, at Level 46
  • Moves: Razor Lead // Crunch // Earthquake // Leech Seed
  • Stats (at time of death): 153 / 108 / 111 / 94 / 84 / 59
  • Characteristic: Mischievous

Current Location: Opelucid City
Old December 12, 2013, 07:10:47 PM
Kyurem

SO! My DSi (which I was playing Black 2 on, it's not my 3DS!) decided to disappear on me and I have no way of accessing the nuzlocke right now. So until I can find it, the nuzlocke is on indefinite hiatus. However, if I find it, I'll be able to continue. ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST YET!

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; December 12, 2013 at 07:12:05 PM.