Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 4, 2012, 07:36:21 PM
Charizard

Default The Wi-Fi Plaza

I was listening to the BGM from the Wi-Fi plaza and it reminded me of it.
I was wondering, any of you used to go there often?

For those who weren't aware, the Wi-Fi plaza is a Wi-Fi area in Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver where players can join up to 20 other players in three different minigames.

Does anyone still go in there every so often?
Old August 5, 2012, 06:24:43 AM
Giratina

I remember going to the Wi-Fi Plaza a few times. I remember there was the Swalot mini-game, the Mime Jr. mini-game, and a balloon mini-game. I didn't go on too often, but it was an alright place to go to. I'm not entirely sure if people still go there because of Black and White; it's possible that Nintendo stopped supporting Wi-Fi connections from Pt/HG/SS.
Old August 5, 2012, 08:38:12 AM
Giratina

Stop supporting them? Oh please, Quaddy, guess who just went in today?
The Wi-Fi Plaza had so many cool things. I'll describe what I loved briefly because I don't wanna go crazy.
Tap Toys were so fun. Seeing their different abilities and and leveling them up to get new ones. And then when you were done, just trade for a new one! The 3 games were pretty fun. I was more of a Swalot Pop guy, myself, the other 2 were too hard or just i uninteresting to me. But whenever I won, it was like a happy day. Being in the Mew Plaza was magical and mysterious with the special white coloring. Okay, and my last bit of excitement before this app crashes, the parade. How I always love to get on the front of a Gyarados and make it roar. That place was just full of fun. It took me 5 months to get Wifi so I could be there, but I was so happy when I got there.
Old August 5, 2012, 02:45:42 PM
Charizard

It would be extremely unprofessional to close down the Wi-Fi servers for games that aren't even 3 years old.
Old August 5, 2012, 07:40:56 PM
Administrator

I could see them keeping support for the fourth gen games until sometime during sixth gen, but I could easily see them keeping the servers up for a very long time after that.

I haven't done the Plaza since soon after I got the Japanese version. I have no idea if I've done it in the English version, but I know I will once I play through Platinum again in a month.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 5, 2012 at 07:42:13 PM.
Old August 5, 2012, 08:02:38 PM
Regigigas

I used to go to the wifi plaza a lot but I tried going again last week it was fun but it's kinda old they should bring it back
Old August 6, 2012, 02:40:42 PM
Rayquaza

I went in there once and I didn't like it. The games could be interesting at first glance, but they quickly become boring and repetitive.