Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Technology

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 13, 2012, 03:37:33 AM
Kyurem

Default Funny thing I've noticed with audio quality of speakers of mobile devices

I still remember laptops and phones sounding tinny, or even downright cheesy while failing miserably trying to play a 128 kbps MP3.

My Lumia 900 sounds like a proper TV, and my MacBook Air isn't a slouch, and both blow the old Samsung I had by a large margin. Don't get me started on my old Acer which now has busted speakers, and was incredibly tinny.

How good is good enough for speakers on mobile devices? Loud and clear? Or do you also want good lows?
Old July 31, 2012, 01:56:24 PM
Volcarona

I remember when phones with custom song ringtone were just really sad sounding to hear. But now with all these Smart (or Stupid) Phones, it's like carrying a boom box in your pocket! Those little speakers sure can be mighty loud, which is just how I like it. However, the speakers on my lappy are pretty cruddy. They lack the volume that my Android does oddly enough. Though they share one thing in common: a major lack in bass. In the end though, I just use headphones.
Moving this to Computers & Technology as well.