Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 1, 2011, 07:12:46 AM
Volcarona

Default Comment on the above user's fact in music

It's simple really :3.

My favorite instrument is the flute. Sometimes if it's played the right way, my eyes actually water just listening to it. 0:45 on this video does it for me.

Why is that?

Old December 5, 2011, 04:05:48 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed Floatzel View Post
It's simple really :3.

My favorite instrument is the flute. Sometimes if it's played the right way, my eyes actually water just listening to it. 0:45 on this video does it for me.

Why is that?
I know exactly what you mean but I cannot explain it. Certain chords of certain songs in certain key signatures, that I've been too lazy to identify, can make my eyes well up with tears or affect me in some other unusual way. Everyone is affected by music, rather it makes you happy, sad, mad, energized, sleep or anything, haha it's just the wonderful amazing power of music. If music is a drug, then it's the best darn drug out there.

For my my fave instrument is the Church Organ, it's big powerful and BA sounding to put it simple. All truly evil themes must have a Church Organ, it's practically a music law. But if we're talking about songs that affect me emotionally then what better example than the PMD soundtrack. Just something about it certainly makes one feel sad when the violin notes come into play.

Or better yet this song too:
Old December 5, 2011, 04:55:25 PM
Volcarona

Music surely is a drug. Right now I'm listening to the first level theme of
Battletoads and Double Dragon on the SNES (Both the Genesis and SNES
versions are awesome), and I gotta say, It's epic. It gets me pumped up
to kick *** and take names.

Moving on, the electric guitar, the drums and
the slap bass are easily some of my favorite instruments in music. Add some church organ some saxophone and maybe some jazz instruments and you got yourself a wicked tune right there. Nothing beats the sax, man.