Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 3, 2012, 08:02:44 AM
Mudkip

Default Halo 4

Hey guys I havnt seen any threads to do with Halo 4 .Me bieng a Halo fanboy I thought that I should start a thread.So what I want is for people to post what they think about the information we have been given so far.Do you think 343 studios will do a good job? Do you think that there will be Recon type armor?
Just post what you think about it and stuff that you want in the game .Like me personly I want there to be more Flood ,I mean the Flood are just awesome .But yeah like I said just post what you think about the game .

Last edited by BadboyUK; July 3, 2012 at 08:03:13 AM.
Old July 3, 2012, 08:09:37 AM
Giratina

What I want to know is is Halo 4 really necessary? Sure, I enjoyed the Halo franchise, but the war is over and Master Chief is somewhere floating in space. The story really doesn't need to go anywhere from there, because it really can't. The only thing that could be considered a story is what happens to Chief when he lands on a planet and his quest to return home, but again, is it necessary?

Besides, the main part of Halo 4 will probably be the multiplayer because who plays games for their single-player campaign anymore? I do
Old July 3, 2012, 08:42:31 AM
Mudkip

Yeah I do agree with you,I mean they can leave some of the Halo story to imagination.Multiplayer is what I am looking forward to the most ,having new game modes like Spartan ops sounds really cool.Having new content for it every month ,I think that has a chance .FORGE is the thing I am looking forward to I mean in Reach I couldnt get enougth of it.If they dont include it in Halo 4 I am going to be surprised.It was what made the game even better and what they can do now with it ,I cant wait .
Old July 3, 2012, 09:19:33 AM
Keldeo

Personally I'm looking forward to seein what they do with the reclaimer trilogy, I believe that is what I've heard talk about. If they can start up a good story I'll be glad to play as I do more of the campaign stuff then I do multiplayer personally.
Old July 4, 2012, 11:26:38 AM
Kyurem

I always thought Halo was done in Halo 3, but you know, it makes money.
I'd get it, but the aiming mechanics bother me. Apparently in the future we all become masters at hipfiring and are unable to aim down sights.
Old July 4, 2012, 02:15:38 PM
Mudkip

Of course WE ARE SPARTANS!! We have the skillzz.

Last edited by BadboyUK; July 4, 2012 at 02:15:48 PM.
Old July 4, 2012, 08:08:31 PM
Giratina

Well I mean the only time your character looks like its hip firing in the game is when its holding dual weild. (Or however you spell it) But still, if you look at the guy in third person, it looks like hes aiming a bit. But i get what you mean
Old July 4, 2012, 11:36:53 PM
Keldeo

Well yea but that's kinda how you have to set up the cross hair since if your looking down one of the gun means you won't be on the other unless you attach them together, I really should go back and play the games and see how bad it seems like your firing from you hip mostly.
Old July 4, 2012, 11:41:04 PM
Administrator

I'm hoping the controls get handled well. They like to change them around between releases, so maybe 343 won't do the mess that was in Halo 3.
Old July 5, 2012, 07:46:47 AM
Giratina

I've been a huge fan of Halo since the first one came out. I've never been really good at the campaign on single player, but I can do pretty well in multiplayer. I can't resist a new addition (Besides 3 and ODST, but I didn't want to buy a new system just to play that, but I had my 360 before Reach). What I want to see most is how they handle my favorite gun: The Needler, and if that gets any new updates, like they did with the Needle Rifle. (My other favorite <3)
Old July 5, 2012, 04:43:16 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
What I want to know is is Halo 4 really necessary? Sure, I enjoyed the Halo franchise, but the war is over and Master Chief is somewhere floating in space. The story really doesn't need to go anywhere from there, because it really can't. The only thing that could be considered a story is what happens to Chief when he lands on a planet and his quest to return home, but again, is it necessary?

Besides, the main part of Halo 4 will probably be the multiplayer because who plays games for their single-player campaign anymore? I do
Halo 4 is a start of a NEW trilogy with the story of the forerunners (the creators of Halo). The story can go farther because it has already been established that it can. Back in the legendary ending of Halo 3 there is another video showing the Master Chief floating towards an unknown planet that we now know is the Forerunner planet. Ever since Halo 1 came out everyone has wondered about the Forerunners, everyone wanted to know their story, well now we get the chance to know. Every Halo game they gave hints about the Forerunners, so they were planning on getting to this point in some point of view. So saying that the story can't go any farther is wrong. Also, it's in the books -__-. But it is your opinion, and that I'm not going to change. I'm just saying my opinion as well.

Every game coming out is about the Multiplayer, cause you play the campaign once then your done, what else you going to do? Sure people can replay it for the achievements but I mean come on, repetitiveness will get annoying. Also, it's a great way to make even more money and keep the people spending rather than holding their money and letting recession go downhill. Multiplayer= money for xbox live= money for dlc's (maps)= people practicing to become better players to compete in tournaments (which more companies are going to pick up Halo 4 professional to make money)= which also means more people to spend money on competition passes, spectator, merchandise, custom controllers, headsets, etc. It's just the way gaming is now a days.
Old July 7, 2012, 03:32:07 PM
Keldeo

Seems I have found some more information on the Halo 4 game.
Follow the link to see E3 footage and be able to read some more about the multiplayer portion of Halo 4, which I know some of you are more interested in.
http://gamerant.com/halo-4-multiplay...-brian-158763/

Last edited by GreenMan; July 7, 2012 at 03:32:20 PM.
Old July 7, 2012, 10:39:39 PM
Giratina

Well...that video...doubled my interest for Halo 4. New abilities, that scatter gun thing (Pity I forgot the name already ) and, as usual, the graphics are amazing. It feels like a multiplayer only thing, though, but that's always been Halo's strong point.
Old July 12, 2012, 09:30:32 PM
Keldeo

http://gamerant.com/halo-4-forward-u...r-dyce-159419/
Something related to Halo 4 seems that someoen is making a movie or webseries. Personally it looks awesome hopefully you enjoy it. This one was released by Machina.
Old August 23, 2012, 04:35:07 PM
Keldeo

Http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/08/23...-list-revealed
Looks like 434 studios has released the list of achievements for Halo 4 I'll keep you up to date when I know more.

Forrunners live on.

Last edited by GreenMan; August 23, 2012 at 04:36:47 PM. Reason: Hit post to quick.
Old August 23, 2012, 04:39:34 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMan View Post
m.ign.com/articles/2012/08/23/halo-4-achievement-list-revealed
L
Achievements that require multiplayer to obtain? That's just... wrong. I know there isn't a lot of them that require multiplayer, but... I've never really been a fan of achievements for multiplayer when a game has both a single player campaign and multiplayer experience.
Old August 23, 2012, 04:42:16 PM
Joltik

Halo 4 xbox! LOL!
Honestly, this looks like a cool game. I really like the enemy design!
Old August 23, 2012, 06:00:38 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Achievements that require multiplayer to obtain? That's just... wrong. I know there isn't a lot of them that require multiplayer, but... I've never really been a fan of achievements for multiplayer when a game has both a single player campaign and multiplayer experience.

I tend to agree especially with the Halo stuff as it almost requires you have Xbox live, people such as myself don't. Halo Anniversary only has single player acheivements and I thought that was great.
Old August 28, 2012, 11:02:54 AM
Giratina

...There is no way I'm not getting this. Lol my mom works for Microsoft so... DISCOUNT. lol Legendary for 60$? Yes.
Old August 28, 2012, 11:56:47 AM
Keldeo

Wow nice Phantom, I got to agree if I don't get it at launch I'm gonna get it for Christmas or something and hoping to have live because I know a few people who are gonna get it for sure and all.
Old August 28, 2012, 06:16:28 PM
Regigigas

If all goes well, I should be able to attend the midnight launch with a friend, so I'm really excited for it. If anything, I just want to see the return of the battle rifle.
Old August 28, 2012, 08:20:36 PM
Giratina

I most likely won't be getting this game. In fact, I'd be a tad surprised if I still have my 360 by Christmas time.
Old August 31, 2012, 04:26:09 PM
Keldeo

There is anouther trail that has been released fo
http://gamerant.com/halo-4-exile-map...-screenshots/r us to watch about Halo 4
Its the reveale of a new map along with some game play on it, looks pretty interesting thus far will keep you informed if I find more.

-Forrunners
Old August 31, 2012, 07:09:17 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Maybe it's the executives who ask 343 what to put in it. I think they want the consumer to become engrossed in multiplayer match-ups and spend all their time playing Halo online. At least they didn't ask for Image Grain, Video Filters, and a 2-hour Campaign yet...I think I just gave them the worst possible idea ever.

By the way, I know jack about Halo 4. Is Master Chief somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMan View Post
There is anouther trail that has been released fo
http://gamerant.com/halo-4-exile-map...-screenshots/r us to watch about Halo 4
Its the reveale of a new map along with some game play on it, looks pretty interesting thus far will keep you informed if I find more.

-Forrunners
I'm no fan of Halo...but why do I see that announcer being annoying? The game hasn't even come out yet, and I think I've already found a valid negative...but I think it could be turned off. That said, I like the design of the map as well, even though it's really dark in some places.
Old September 1, 2012, 09:21:09 PM
Keldeo

As for 4 from what storyline I can put together Master Cheif and Cortana are stuck out in the middle of nowhere and trying to get back to the earth to save Cortana from dying so to speak. We are suppose to see Master Cheif deal with the fact that he is human and will be part of the story. Along with the Hero's Journey the idea of what does it mean to be a hero, something that Master Chief never needed to do as he has always been a hero.

Some of the information can be found in this clip:
http://www.gamespot.com/halo-4/video...akens-6394457/

Found this just a few seconds after posting, looks like we will have an idea on how the buttons will be layed out for this game.
http://www.examiner.com/article/halo...ndly-fishstick

Last edited by GreenMan; September 1, 2012 at 09:33:12 PM.
Old September 3, 2012, 09:29:38 PM
Keldeo

Seems there are more details that are leeked this particular one happens to be the story portion of the game, something I consider a strong point for the games I love to play.

Seems there will be a new god, an old forunner who the elites are looking for when they happen upon the ship that the Cheif is stored on, they aren't loooking for him here is some of the other bulleted information.

When Master Chief awakes, the Forward Unto Dawn is boarded by a bunch of Covenant – they are looking for something, not the Chief.
The Covenant, a particularly religious remnant led by the Elites, have come in search of Requiem to find and look for a Forerunner weapon cache.
The Covenant also believe Requiem to be the place where a living god is being kept – they wish to find and wake him up to enlist his aid in fighting humanity.
Main antagonist is called Didact, an ancient Forerunner. He is the being the religious Covenant believe to be a living god.
Dr Halsey, who made a cameo in Reach, makes an appearance as the Chief wants her help to find a solution to Cortana’s “problem”
Cortana is able to project multiple versions of herself at once – multiple Cortanas
A climatic battle involving the Chief, Didact and Cortana takes place
A character has, or appears to have, telekinesis
Credit and information found on: http://gamerant.com/halo-4-script-details-didact/

-Forruners out

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/8028/juicy-halo-4-game-details-revealed-in-game-informer-may-issue.html?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=refer ral&utm_campaign=zergnet_21636"
More facts found here.

Last edited by GreenMan; September 3, 2012 at 09:34:01 PM. Reason: No need to double post.
Old September 22, 2012, 05:01:27 AM
Giratina

Who's excited for the new race of enemies; The Prometheans!?
Old September 22, 2012, 10:16:13 AM
Keldeo

They good guys at Microsoft have again send us a nice gift of new pictures and renders, this time round its a list of Covenat Enimies, along with how they are rendered. At the bottom of the article it is said Halo 4 will come out Novemember 6.

Seems the infected will make a come back with a new mood, link with details and renderings provided.
Renderings with Master Chief and the human allies are now out too, take a look and enjoy,

The article can be found here: http://www.examiner.com/article/halo...runt-to-hunter
Renderings of the Vechiles: http://www.examiner.com/article/halo...oll-and-fly-in
http://www.examiner.com/article/halo...nfected-models
http://www.examiner.com/article/halo...s-human-allies
Forerunner out-

Last edited by GreenMan; September 22, 2012 at 02:36:28 PM. Reason: avoid Double posting
Old October 1, 2012, 02:02:38 PM
Regigigas

Do you know why they call them the Forerunners? Because when you see them you'll be running four times as fast

I'm hoping 343 doesn't disappoint, but from what I hear some of the guys at Bungie migrated over there like Frank O' Connor, and the gameplay looks pretty standard for a Halo game. I'm picking it up on midnight launch to do an all-nighter campaign co-op with a friend, and I can't wait!
Old October 1, 2012, 03:28:19 PM
Keldeo

I have an idea yes as for sure no. The name itself speaks to the fact they created the first of the technologies and helped to get things started, I absolutely love what they said they will be doing for the game and in it.
Old October 2, 2012, 03:09:32 AM
Giratina

I would pull an all nighter campaign with friends on the release date too, but I can only get the game later than that because it has to be mailed in -.-
Old October 12, 2012, 11:22:58 PM
Keldeo

Seems you may want to watch where you eyes fall as there are plenty of spoiler videos out there on the web.

This continuyes the trend of the games being leaked before they are actually out to buy.

Seems that Microsoft is trying to police it, is it to late?

Article: http://www.examiner.com/article/micr...r-halo-4-leaks

Last edited by GreenMan; October 12, 2012 at 11:23:18 PM.
Old October 13, 2012, 11:57:53 AM
Keldeo

(Double post because of no information)

If you preorder Halo 4 off New egg, though you get it a couple days later, you can get 25% off.

Get Halo 4 for $44.99 at Newegg by using coupon code "EMCYTZT2339" during checkout. This coupon is good through 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, October 14.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16874103248
Old October 22, 2012, 07:25:27 PM
Regigigas

Can't wait for it!!!! I`m exited for it so much! especially the awesome graphics
Old November 2, 2012, 10:09:15 PM
Keldeo

http://dailyfailcenter.com/27014?ref=nf
He's evolving.
Old November 4, 2012, 09:38:18 PM
Keldeo

Bumping again as it has death
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GO376G4tbGM
seems that came out with an offcial video
it does contain blood and violence so this is yoru warning.
If you were scanned what would the enemy was to go through your mind?
Old November 5, 2012, 07:05:38 PM
Keldeo

Look like we now have a guide to the multiplayer section to Halo 4. Enjoy the read it looks interesting.

http://www.examiner.com/article/halo...-upgrade-guide

Terminal locattion guide (wee like help)
http://www.examiner.com/article/halo...inal-locations

Last edited by GreenMan; November 5, 2012 at 08:55:53 PM.
Old November 6, 2012, 08:06:11 PM
Administrator

It looks like Microsoft and 343 have no plans to bring Halo 4 to the PC, at least not anytime soon:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/no-halo-4-on-pc-6399549
Old November 6, 2012, 09:22:39 PM
Rayquaza

Don't have an Xbox so I have no plans on getting one but I was told that some of my former class mates went to the midnight release.
Old November 7, 2012, 11:02:36 AM
Giratina

After Halo 3 and Reach, I thought we wouldn't be seeing anymore Halo games because it didn't seem like the series could go anywhere, but nope. 343 decided to pull a sleight-of-hand and completely make something up for what could've been a new series entirely, but instead they decided to slap Master Chief in there and call it "Halo 4." Lost potential in my opinion.

I won't be getting this ever for two reasons:
-No money for it
-No longer have a 360
Old November 7, 2012, 03:35:27 PM
Keldeo

I won't say that it's really a case of the slap Master Cheif into a series of games, yes they did go with him and yes after three he was left out in the middle of nowhere. I like the idea that they are going to explore the idea of the forerunners and who they are and secondly if I recall right we see Master Cheif finally develop as a person. Finding out the Master Cheifs humanity lies as he deals with, what I consider in some ways, the death of a best friend if not something more. I know if I don't get it for myself it will be on my Christmas Wish List. Yes I will agree you can take it that way as we come into the idea he is dealing with this old world evil and trying to get back home to save Cortana.

Also it seems Microsoft will be repaying gamers who play multiplayer for number of hours and how many MC points you spend on Halo 4 gear and related guff.

information found in link.
http://gamerant.com/halo-4-microsoft-points-dayz-money/
Old November 8, 2012, 06:13:04 AM

Ohh I seriously can't wait to get my jelly hands on this game. Although, I will probably wait until Christmas time to get it.
Old December 26, 2012, 08:50:22 PM
Administrator

First level in, and I've gotten hit with a sticky grenade and ran out of ammo on multiple weapons. At least you get plenty of weapons and grenades lying around, but this game definitely opens up a little tougher than previous entries in the series, especially ODST. Also, I'm loving the graphics. The water is very realistic, with ripples and splashing.

Current progress: halfway through the second mission. Edit: Mission two complete. Have fun with the two Hunters at the end.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 26, 2012 at 09:58:05 PM.
Old December 27, 2012, 12:07:00 AM

I just finished missions 1-3. This game is certainly tougher than Halo Reach, especially with the new kinds of enemies. Even the beginning level was tough for me (I played on Normal).

Mission 2: It wasn't too bad. The two hunters at the end won't give you trouble as long as you take your time....seriously. They took over 20 hits to kill WITH a Plasma Grenade.

Mission 3: Otherwise known as the mission that....NEVER....ENDS! This one took me so long to complete since I wasn't used to fighting all of the new enemies. The end of this mission also felt as if I was in a speed segment with a Sonic game.
Old December 27, 2012, 12:09:28 AM
Administrator

Hm, I've got a few rage/complaint things:
  • The lack of a health bar makes everything much more confusing. The "red zone" on the shield lasts however much it wants. How many times can I get hit before I die? It should have been done so that once it runs out, you die, but it goes down slower. Or, y'know, put the health bar back and take away from that once the shield is gone.
  • Shotguns and their new derivative (the scattershot) have too little maximal ammo, but I guess it makes sense as they are quite powerful at point blank.
  • Like classic Halo games, there are quite a few times when a checkpoint will fail to activate, and that can set you back quite a bit. Ugh, I really hate this, but I think I know exactly why: if you're in battle or close to death, the game can't allow a checkpoint that could get you caught in a never-ending loop that would force you to restart the level. Of course, that doesn't always work, as I remember one mission in a previous game where you played a Star Fox-like space shooter where you had to take out parts of a ship, and one of the checkpoints was about one second before crashing into it the ship. After about a dozen checkpoint restores, the game put me at a previous checkpoint instead.
  • The sentries in the third mission are terribly annoying when they give enemies shields and capture your grenades, only to send them back at you.
  • The new grenades are somewhat annoying to aim, as they fall to the ground quicker than the frags.
  • The third mission is too long. It feels like two three missions combined into one.

A tip for the beam shutdown part of the third mission: let the two sides kill each other a bit first before you move in, and try sniping.
Old December 27, 2012, 11:27:13 AM
Giratina

Comments in Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Hm, I've got a few rage/complaint things:
  • The lack of a health bar makes everything much more confusing. The "red zone" on the shield lasts however much it wants. How many times can I get hit before I die? It should have been done so that once it runs out, you die, but it goes down slower. Or, y'know, put the health bar back and take away from that once the shield is gone.
    Yeah I was confused on this as well.
  • Shotguns and their new derivative (the scattershot) have too little maximal ammo, but I guess it makes sense as they are quite powerful at point blank.
Yeah, the shotguns don't have too much ammo and neither do the needlers. The needlers I think can have a teensy weensy bit more ammo xD[*]The new grenades are somewhat annoying to aim, as they fall to the ground quicker than the frags.
Yeah, I also find the new Pulse Grenade useless... [/list]
A tip for the beam shutdown part of the third mission: let the two sides kill each other a bit first before you move in, and try sniping.
Also, I haven't tried the campaign at all, only Xbox Live. Speaking of, do any of you have it and wish to play online with me? :O
Old December 27, 2012, 11:39:16 AM

Pulse grenades are difficult to use, I notice that they don't do a lot of damage even though the explosion lingers.

Does anyone else find it difficult to use the Scattershot? Unless you're supposed to use it up close, I find it to be very inaccurate.
Old December 27, 2012, 11:50:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Does anyone else find it difficult to use the Scattershot? Unless you're supposed to use it up close, I find it to be very inaccurate.
That's how a shotgun normally works, silly.

A shotgun takes ammunition in the form of shells, which contain lead shot. Lead shot comprises small balls made of lead. What happens is a shotgun shoots many of these balls out of the shell, which scatter out from the muzzle of the weapon. At a close range, these pierce as many openings as possible in the target, typically causing more damage than a single hole from a bullet. However, by design, this means that almost none of the balls go straight, and thus it is difficult to predict where they will hit at a distance.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 27, 2012 at 03:19:35 PM.