Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 3, 2012, 06:08:50 PM
Haxorus

Default Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

So to keep you punks from spoiling the series for anybody who wants the game but don't have it as yet and to keep you from annoying those who don't wanna hear about it so much, Here's a thread for you all to talk about Dream Drop Distance in all it's glory.

P.S. Tag spoilers materials properly ok?

Enjoy.
Old August 3, 2012, 07:08:33 PM

Kingdom Hearts 3D is really impressing me so far. One thing I really like about the game is the party system and Flowmotion. Even though it took a while to get used to Flowmotion because of how fast-paced it is, I find it extremely useful right now. Hunting for treasure is another thing I like about the game overall. :3

There is one thing that I do dislike about the game, however. I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler, since it could spoil things about the game.
Possible Spoilers    
I very much dislike how there is like a time limit of how long you can play as either Sora or Riku before you drop to the other character. I recently ran into this problem with the last boss battle I had. My drop gauge ran out during a boss battle and I had to restart the fight. .-. Another thing I wish this game had was more worlds. I only see 3-4 other worlds besides Traverse Town. Sure they made each world huge enough to explore, but I wish there was more variety...
Old August 3, 2012, 07:45:50 PM
Giratina

I'm enjoying 3Ds so far. The combat and movement are much faster paced, which could be to make up for the Drop Gauge. I do enjoy being able to play as Sora and Riku and how there are some commands that are exclusive to both characters. Unlike Reun, I'm not particularly thrilled by the changes to the party system; while it is an improvement to BBS' party system (which it didn't have), I do miss being able to party up with characters of the different worlds and go fight hordes of enemies. Although, the new system does allow for strategic play styles to come into effect because of how the ability system plays into the party system.

The addition of Flow-motion practically made launch systems (like fountains or trampolines) redundant, but they are incorporated into Flow-motion as well so it does work out in the end. Because Flow-motion allows you to get to much higher places and around the map in quicker times, the maps had to expand so it could work with Flow-motion. There hasn't been a map in which it always had a shallow ceiling or where Flow-motion has been near impossible excluding maybe
One particular battle    
with Rinzler, who turns out to be 
Spoilerception    
Tron after he's lost his memories

Reun, I have a solution to your dilemma - when you drop as either Sora or Riku, when you choose your drop bonuses, spend most of your DP on leveling Drop Decelerator, preferably to level 3, unless there is a special item/command you find at the bottom that you really want. Having the Decelerator to level 3 will the Drop Gauge going at the speed of a sloth.

And another thing Reun:
Relating to the worlds    
Once you leave Traverse Town for the first time, you go to the first set of worlds. After those, you get another 2 worlds to explore, both of which are massive. The harder of the two worlds 
Soundtrack spoilers? Yes    
Doesn't have music at the start, but when you enter the real exploration and fighting part of the world, there are no voices, but the music is fantastic
. Beyond that, there is one final world (from what I can see).

While it is cool that
Some characters    
 Organization XIII characters come back as normal people, Ansem, Xehanort, and Terranort
return for this game, there really isn't much explanation as to why these characters return. It's possible that things will be further explained later on, but I think I'm getting close to the end, so I'm expecting some answers soon.

Oh man, a spoiler paragraph    
Remember Chernabog from KH1 and how he just completely destroyed you the first few times you fought him? Or is that just me? Anyway, he makes a triumphant return in 3D in the Sorcerer's Apprentice world right near the end (or at least in Riku's story from what I know so far). I beat him on the first try, but "barely" would be putting it modestly.

By the way, I'd like to say a very good party of Spirits I found to use is the Bee spirit (Wheeflower), the Sheep spirit (Tama Sheep), and any powerhouse spirit (I use Yoggy Ram, but I'm looking to get Lord Kyroo the Frog Prince spirit). You have the Bee and Sheep spirits out for normal fights and you replace the Sheep with your powerhouse when a boss battle occurs because bosses aren't affected by sleep, slow, or stop.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; August 3, 2012 at 08:08:06 PM.
Old August 4, 2012, 04:06:38 AM
Regigigas

So far I'm finding the difficulty to be really hard. So hard that I've had to go back and train for awhile just to advance. I heard Proud mode is tough, but this is the toughest Proud mode I've encountered yet.

And another solution for your problem Reun:
Solution for Reun    
Once you reach the second world, there's an item you can buy called Drop-Me-Not, which refills your Drop gauge by half and changes the drop speed to 0.8. Adds roughly another 10-20 minutes time before a forced drop.

Another thing I'm starting to notice
Sora/Riku    
Is it just me, or is Sora more magically-inclined while Riku is more physically-inclined in battle? It also seems much easier for me to battle as Riku for some reason, while I often have to level Sora up to just get ahead with him.

And one thing that confuses me
Huh?    
If the Sleeping Worlds are worlds that were consumed by darkness, yet didn't make it back to the Realm of Light after Ansem's defeat, then when did Traverse Town fall into darkness? If what Joshua said was true, and he created it out of the dreams of those from destroyed worlds, then how did gain physical form in the first Kingdom Hearts game?

Last edited by Shade; August 4, 2012 at 07:08:58 AM.
Old August 4, 2012, 07:37:25 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
And one thing that confuses me
Huh?    
If the Sleeping Worlds are worlds that were consumed by darkness, yet didn't make it back to the Realm of Light after Ansem's defeat, then when did Traverse Town fall into darkness? If what Joshua said was true, and he created it out of the dreams of those from destroyed worlds, then how did gain physical form in the first Kingdom Hearts game?
What it could be is this:
Possible spoiler    
Joshua said that when Rhyme and Shiki found Beat and Neku respectively, he said that Rhyme and Beat's timer didn't match up, nor did Shiki and Neku's. He thought the two Traverse Towns were parallel, but after thinking about it, he said they are two completely different worlds. What could've happened is Joshua created one of the two Traverse Towns, not knowing there was already one, and Shiki and Beat (or maybe Rhyme and Neku) ended up in the Traverse Town that Joshua didn't create.

Or more like this:
Another possible explanation    
Without any real explanation, Traverse Town fell to darkness in between Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and KH 2. Thinking back, I noticed you couldn't go to Traverse Town in KH 2, so it might've fallen to darkness during the story of Chain of Memories and there is some story behind it we might find out about later.

End-game content    
After beating the final boss as Riku which is 
The final final boss    
Nightmare Armored Ventus,
you find yourself on Destiny Islands. Riku looks around and finds Roxas, Ventus, and Xion. All of them ask Riku one question at different times. Just like at the start of KH1, you are given 3 answers to choose from for each question given. After answering each of their questions, Ansem the Wise appears to say he wishes to apologize for what problems he caused in the past. Riku asks Ansem how to wake up Sora, and Ansem says answering the questions of Roxas, Ven, and Xion woke Sora. Riku awakes from Sora's dream to find Sora, Donald, and Goofy having a tea party (of all things). Yen Sid says the Mark of Mastery exam is over and he is ready to name the next Keyblade master. He names
Spoiler Alert:    
Riku
as the next Keyblade master, who seems surprised that he became a master, while his friend is excited and congratulates him for becoming a master. After which, Lea says he's there to learn to wield a Keyblade. He holds his hand out like Sora or Riku would, and a Keyblade of his own appears.

After Sora, Donald, and Goofy say goodbye to Riku and Mickey, the credits roll. Midway through, you have a dive-esque mini-game. If you collect all the golden letters in the names, you get the Secret Message in under your Reports menu. The message says
Try to decode it    
The past will be reawakened
as a new number
in never-before-seen detail

Prepare yourself for the awakening
of the next number

Last edited by Quadcentruo; August 4, 2012 at 03:44:23 PM.
Old August 4, 2012, 11:01:14 PM
Regigigas

Maybe, but highly doubtful since
Spoiler Alert:    
The sleeping worlds are ones that fell during Ansem Seeker of Darkness's conquest of the worlds, so it had to fall before Ansem was defeated. The only logical explanation is that it fell right when Sora opened the door to the fallen Destiny Islands
Old August 5, 2012, 06:12:08 AM
Giratina

If the Sleeping Worlds really are worlds that fell to Ansem, but didn't reappear after he was defeated, that brings up the question of
One particular world    
Why exactly is Mysterious Tower a Sleeping World? If it fell to Ansem, but didn't reappear after his defeat, how would everyone be there talking to Yen Sid before the beginning of the Mark of Mastery exam?
Old August 5, 2012, 09:15:05 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
If the Sleeping Worlds really are worlds that fell to Ansem, but didn't reappear after he was defeated, that brings up the question of
One particular world    
Why exactly is Mysterious Tower a Sleeping World? If it fell to Ansem, but didn't reappear after his defeat, how would everyone be there talking to Yen Sid before the beginning of the Mark of Mastery exam?
Because
This is why    
That was a flashback before the exam. They didn't slip into the Realm of Dreams until after defeating Ursula's phantom and finding the keyhole underwater. Mysterious Tower isn't a sleeping world.
Old August 6, 2012, 06:04:37 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Because
This is why    
That was a flashback before the exam. They didn't slip into the Realm of Dreams until after defeating Ursula's phantom and finding the keyhole underwater. Mysterious Tower isn't a sleeping world.
But
Later in the game    
You actually go to the Mysterious Tower and meet Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice. It's in the second set of worlds.
Old August 23, 2012, 01:06:26 PM
Haxorus

Anybody got any cool Spirit recipes?
Old August 23, 2012, 01:12:44 PM
Haxorus

I've been enjoying it. It's kinda hard to get used to Flow Motion (as Reun said), due to it's speed. I can see it becoming useful in the future.