Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 23, 2012, 02:47:33 PM

Default Games you wish you could play again, but can't

This is a thread for any of you who want to talk about a game that you truly wish you could play again, whether it's to finally beat it or to simply relive nostalgic moments from your gaming past...but, for whatever reason, you are unable to play this game again.

For example...I would love to replay Yoshi's Island on the SNES. Problem is, I don't own a SNES anymore and I'm not sure whether or not you can buy it via Wiiware. Even if it is, I don't have any Wii points, so it's useless. I miss this game so much, it was such a nice change up from the typical style of Mario games and having a Yoshi as the main character was freaking awesome.
Old August 23, 2012, 02:55:54 PM
Administrator

Hm, I think one of the Metal Gear Solid games is on my list. My problem is that I have no idea what version it is, and I wouldn't be able to tell if it's the same version that I watched someone play through until about halfway through.

Another interesting case is with Final Fantasy games. I want to force myself to at least play through VII (which I do own), but I keep getting turned off by the idea of playing through its RPG style. To date, I haven't put it in the PlayStation except to test that the discs at least load.

I'd love to play through PokéPark 2, but the asking price is bit much for how much I'll play it.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 23, 2012 at 02:58:07 PM. Reason: Typo
Old August 23, 2012, 02:57:24 PM
Kyurem

Whiplash.
Had the demo disc as a kid and it was cool.
Old August 23, 2012, 03:02:16 PM
Shaymin

Red Dead Redemption. I want to play it, unfortunately since my brother has priority over the space on the Playstation 3, I can't play it on there since we are low on space currently.
Old August 23, 2012, 03:05:34 PM
Zoroark

Man, I would do unspeakable things just to play Desert Storm again. I would but I can't find a copy of it anywhere
Old August 23, 2012, 04:21:56 PM
Keldeo

Any of the Metal Gear series I've been trying to get it with little luck, I've heard good things from it but still unable to play it sadly.
Old August 23, 2012, 04:52:59 PM
Landorus

Well...
I wish I could play my FireRed Version again. I can't, because I can't leave Route 9 for some reason. Plus, my GBA isn't working, and both of my DS's and in such a poor condition that the buttons don't even respond unless I slam down on them.
Old August 23, 2012, 06:37:22 PM
Volcarona

I wish I could play Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit III again. That game holds so much nostalgia. Only thing, I'm not sure if the disc works anymore.
Old August 24, 2012, 05:23:45 AM
Giratina

Megaman Legends. I still have a working disc and a working PS2, but I don't have a memory card so I wouldn't really be able to get very far and getting an unlucky game-over would get rid of everything I have accomplished.
Old August 24, 2012, 07:16:19 AM
Rayquaza

I used to have a Simba game on PC when I was 4. I still remember it clearly and it was awesome. I wish I could play it again, but I don't know what its name was.
Old August 24, 2012, 06:00:11 PM
Shaymin

I wish I could play Pokemon Red again, but it wasn't even mine, so I had to return it to the previous owner. I also miss playing this Curious George game for GBA, but I don't know that name of it. Lastly, I miss playing Pokémon Emerald and Firered. I've lost them both somewhere...
Old August 24, 2012, 07:12:26 PM
Charizard

It HAS been a while since I played one of the Gen II games. My Gold's battery has died, and for some reason, my Crystal game has vanished off the face of the Earth some unnamed March night. It's still M.I.A. with other assorted things.

...Also Ruby and Sapphire, but for different Battery reasons.
Old August 25, 2012, 03:00:43 AM
Shaymin

The first Call of Duty games, before they went to the whole repeating the same thing year after year with little tweaks. Many forget the ones before Modern Warfare. It was a really good game. With some missions I still remember loving to this day. A nice soundtrack... I can't play it due to a thing where older games can't run properly on newer computers. It glitches the game in an odd way...

Last edited by Fubab_107; August 25, 2012 at 03:01:40 AM.
Old August 25, 2012, 03:29:29 PM
Giratina

Ikaruga, Crazy Taxi, and Persona 3 FES. The first being for GameCube and the last 2 for PS2. Ikaruga is a bullet hell that I actually ENJOY playing even in PUBLIC, but... I don't know where to find it and I don't even have any cash for it. Crazy Taxi I own, but my PS2's sensor, I think, got really weak, and since it's a darker disc it won't be read. Persona 3 I borrowed and regret not really getting in to it, because I liked it a lot and will have to wait a long time to play it again, if I can.
Old August 25, 2012, 08:12:45 PM
Volcarona

Spider Man: The Movie, and Sonic Advance 2 and 3 on the Game Boy Advance. I remember growing up with those games and loving them. Unfortunately, I sold those games and my Game Boy Advance SP to buy a Nintendo DS with Pokémon Diamond and possibly Sonic Rush. (I don't fully remember.)
Old August 26, 2012, 06:14:16 AM
Haxorus

Super Smash Brothers Melee. ;~; I only borrowed the game and controllers for a short period of time.
Old August 26, 2012, 07:11:19 AM
Administrator

I wish I had this Game & Watch system back. It was actually my sister's system, but I played it quite a few times. She eventually got rid of it and I didn't think to keep it. Now as a video game collector I'm still kicking myself for letting that thing go.
Old August 26, 2012, 07:28:21 AM

Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast. In my opinion, the last great Sonic game released. I don't own a Dreamcast anymore but I'd love to be able to play that game again someday.
Old August 26, 2012, 08:12:44 AM
Giratina

That reminds me. For some strange reason, Sonic Unleashed for the Wii is on there. Probably because I'd like to be able to compare it to the superior 360 version that I have, ha ha, or maybe that I just really miss playing through the day stages with those weird mechanics. And the Gaia Gates, which were pretty fun to explore. And Sonic's constant "Whoa-ho!" when he runs through a rainbow ring. But unfortunately I gave it to my bestest friend as a birthday gift. And I never even S-Ranked Eggmanland...