Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 12, 2013, 06:10:56 AM
Banned

Default League of Legends

I noticed that there were no topics, or hardly any posts, about LoL. So here it is!

I am really in love with this game right now. To me, it is so fun. In the past, I've played WoW, TF2, Blacklight:Retribution, and other games of the kind. Ever since I started playing League, I've been in love with it. There's just so much to try and learn. Here it is:

"League of Legends (LoL) is a multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Riot Games for Microsoft Windows,[2] inspired by the popular Defense of the Ancients[3] map for Warcraft III. It was first announced on October 7, 2008, and released on October 27, 2009.[4] The game was in a closed beta from April 10, 2009, to October 22, 2009.[5] It then transitioned to open beta until release.[6]

Players are formed into 2 even teams of Champions, 3v3 or 5v5. As of January 11, 2013, there are 109 different champions from which to choose. Each player begins at opposing sides of a map in an area called the Spawning Pool, near what is called a Nexus. A match is won when either team's nexus is destroyed. To destroy a Nexus, each team must work through a series of Turrets placed along a path to each base referred to as a Lane. Along the way, each player gains levels from killing the opposing team's champions and Minions (NPCs that constantly spawn and attack the other team) and defeating neutral monsters. Completing objectives rewards players with gold which is used to purchase items." [Stolen from Wikipedia]

December 14, 2009 IGN PC Best Strategy Game 2009 Readers' Choice Winner[46]
December 21, 2009 Gamespy Gamers' Choice Awards 2009 PC Gamers' Choice Winner[47]
October 8, 2010 1st Game Developers Online Choice Awards Audience Award Winner [48]
October 21, 2011 Golden Joystick Award Best Free-To-Play Game Winner[49]
[Also stolen from Wikipedia]

Last edited by Tristy; January 19, 2013 at 10:41:30 AM. Reason: Fixed rule violation
Old January 13, 2013, 12:04:04 PM
Shaymin

Yeah, I too have been playing this game a lot lately. It is actually really fun, but hard to get good at. It is still hard to do on beginner for a while, until you have bought a good

I play as Morgana: She has good abilities and they are easy to manipulate. But the defense is low defense and it's basic attack is super dull.
Old January 13, 2013, 12:09:45 PM
Giratina

My cousins play this, they seem to really like it. However, I don't understand it.. Don't plan on it either... But it's aightt I just watch them.
Old January 13, 2013, 04:50:51 PM

I've dabbled a bit into it, but not too far. The community kinda sucks, but the gameplay is fun and can be kind of addicting. I don't have too many champions, but I play a little bit of Twisted Fate, Kayle and Alistar. I'd still like to get Wukong and Malphite. Not sure what to do after though. I also haven't really played in awhile.
Old January 13, 2013, 05:05:55 PM
Shaymin

I have a hard time adjusting from champion to champion, so I will be playing with Morgana until I can buy a really good champion :3

I also really like ranged mages, so I don't know who my new one will be.
Old January 25, 2013, 01:06:43 PM
Linoone

Played warcraft 3 so tried this game out long ago. Also been trying Dota 2, but actually prefer LoL over it even though LoL is most certainly easier and more casualized (though imo this is in fact the positive, as it allows me to get more friends to pick it up join me and in a team-based game thats sorta important).

Current mostly used champions of mine would be Nocturne, Varus, Trundle and Veigar. Want to try out Thresh and will buy him once I have enough IP. My collection of champions is starting to get massive due to my time in the game though so I mix it up constantly, haha.
Old June 28, 2013, 06:42:21 AM
Joltik

League currently has 70 million accounts in the US alone, and has reached the top when it comes to MMOs. I personally believe it's one of the best games out there, and it never gets boring, with over 100 champions to play as, ranging from archers to swordsmen to mages and more. I would probably recommend this game over any other MMO.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 28, 2013 at 04:05:48 PM. Reason: *slow clap* Written like a true salesman!
Old June 29, 2013, 06:03:59 AM
Shaymin

It does seem even bigger than the last time I played (a couple of months ago).
There are plenty of Champions, just not enough of a variety. They all are pretty different, yes. But I'm talking about classification. There no Mage-Tanks to play as, or Support Assassins. Also, maybe they should introduce a new classification group, to add more diversity.
Old July 13, 2013, 06:51:16 PM
Charizard

I just saw this post. I play League of Legends every day haha. Playing ranked in this new season with the new update is so much better than the Elo ranked from season 2. I play any role, support, mid, adc, jungle, and top. I'd say my best champs are Leblanc, Lissandra, Nocturne, Alistar, Taric, Thresh, Varus, Vayne, Fiddlesticks, Malphite, Jax, Zed, Ziggs, and Nunu haha. I'm trying new champs almost every day though, you guys should get on and play!!

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 13, 2013 at 09:33:19 PM.
Old July 14, 2013, 03:21:45 PM
Regigigas

Oh, I must find it funny that this thread popped up (hi guys, I'm back, by the way). For as much as I've been very much into LoL recently, I didn't see it pop up like at all until now, so here's where I'm at:

I've decided I'm a mid main. That's REALLY hard to be in solo-queue, since like EVERYONE CALLS MID IMMEDIATELY, and I'm ridiculously passive when it comes to champion select.

My main is Kennen. Ninja-Pikachu OP. Other mid champs I do well with are Diana, LeBlanc, Anivia, Rumble, Cho'Gath, Morgana, and the occasional AD Quinn Mid comp (although I normally run her top, it's good, trust me on this one).

When I can't do mid, I usually go for Support. My main there is Sona, and I also use Kayle and Soraka. I've been looking into Morgana and LeBlanc support, but I've yet to actually try either of those.

I've yet to try out ranked games, I just don't trust my computer with that intense a situation until I can get a new hard drive.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 14, 2013 at 03:30:19 PM.
Old July 14, 2013, 03:54:48 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuvatTenlii View Post
Oh, I must find it funny that this thread popped up (hi guys, I'm back, by the way). For as much as I've been very much into LoL recently, I didn't see it pop up like at all until now, so here's where I'm at:

I've decided I'm a mid main. That's REALLY hard to be in solo-queue, since like EVERYONE CALLS MID IMMEDIATELY, and I'm ridiculously passive when it comes to champion select.

My main is Kennen. Ninja-Pikachu OP. Other mid champs I do well with are Diana, LeBlanc, Anivia, Rumble, Cho'Gath, Morgana, and the occasional AD Quinn Mid comp (although I normally run her top, it's good, trust me on this one).

When I can't do mid, I usually go for Support. My main there is Sona, and I also use Kayle and Soraka. I've been looking into Morgana and LeBlanc support, but I've yet to actually try either of those.

I've yet to try out ranked games, I just don't trust my computer with that intense a situation until I can get a new hard drive.
Leblanc support is great for you getting kills, but it isn't so helpful for the adc. Sure you could just burst them down and let the adc kill, but all adc's don't build any resistance till their last item, so your burst with her (especially since the update, she bursts even more now) they will more and likely be dead :/...
But Morgana support is OP beyond belief. It's so hard to lane against her paired with either Vayne or Caitlyn (too much range). But Leblanc is too much of a mid champ.
Try out ranked soon! You have 5 placement matches to play before you are even ranked, might as well try 1! It's not that hard in Solo-Queue, actually it's easier than having 5 people, or just duoing with one of your friends. You get trolls everywhere and they make you lose games so many times, but you just have to keep playing and you will rank up fast.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 14, 2013 at 04:24:18 PM.