Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 23, 2013, 06:56:52 AM
Administrator

Default Nintendo Direct announces lots of Wii U goodness!

Nintendo brought out the big guns today for their new Nintendo Direct. While a lot of new stuff was covered, here is the biggest chunks of info from it:

First off, the Wii U will be getting a Virtual Console being released alongside a system update coming out this spring (which will also add some new features and fix the long loading times). At launch they are only planning NES and SNES games since the games need to be re-worked. They will feature save backups, ability to play on the Wii U gamepad, and interaction with the Miiverse (which will be getting a smart-phone access come this spring). If you already purchased the game for the regular Wii Virtual Console, you can buy the Wii U upgrades for only $1-1.50. GameBoy Advance is planned for future release.

Next we get confirmation that a new Mario adventure (being developed by the teams behind Galaxy and 3D Land) and Mario Kart games are in the works. These games along with the new Smash Brothers will be shown off (with playable demos) this E3!

Next we got some info for you Legend of Zelda fans. A new Legend of Zelda game is currently in development for the Wii U. It's going to be a while to complete since it is going to be big. To hold you over though, a HD remake of Wind Waker will be coming out this fall featuing HD graphics, Game-Pad play, Miiverse intigration, and some general tweaks.

Finally my favorite announcement, a new Yoshi game! Tezuka (creator of Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story) is working with the development team behind Kirby's Epic Yarn to bring a new Yoshi game called Yoshi's Yarn. The game itself looks like Yoshi's Story with Kirby's Epic Yarn visuals.

Click here for the entire presentation, here if you just want to see certain parts, or here for a recap.

It's like Nintendo had their own mini-E3 with all these announcements!

Last edited by Yoshi648; January 23, 2013 at 07:00:10 AM.
Old January 23, 2013, 09:44:24 AM
Volcarona

Also in the Nintendo Direct was a quick teaser for Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, a behind the scenes look at Bayonetta 2, a trailer for The Wonderful 101, some gameplay of a new party game and a trailer for a new game by Monolith Soft (Studio that made Xenoblade).

I gotta say I'm mainly hyped for SMTxFE. Though Wind Waker HD, new Zelda and Yoshi's Yarn I'm also hyped for.

Last edited by zsaberslash; January 23, 2013 at 09:44:49 AM. Reason: Nintendo and Atlus working together to make the hardest game ever.
Old January 23, 2013, 12:33:39 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Next we got some info for you Legend of Zelda fans. A new Legend of Zelda game is currently in development for the Wii U. It's going to be a while to complete since it is going to be big. To hold you over though, a HD remake of Wind Waker will be coming out this fall featuing HD graphics, Game-Pad play, Miiverse intigration, and some general tweaks.
Quote:
HD remake of Wind Waker
Hold me, guys. You have no idea how excited this makes me. Windwaker is my absolute favorite Zelda title!

Last edited by DashArmy; January 23, 2013 at 12:34:03 PM.
Old January 23, 2013, 01:20:41 PM
Giratina

I remember once saying that although the Wii U looked nice and had some cool games in its launch window, it didn't give me a push so I wouldn't want to get one until the release of Smash Bros. 4 or Zelda Wii U, which is my big desire. Or at least was. Wind Waker is like my second favorite Zelda game right behind Majora's Mask, and quite possibly before it since I've already beaten Wind Waker and am halfway through my Hero Mode file. Plus a confirmed GBA VC and new Yoshi game? Yep, I've been pushed. Anyone got about $400 to spare~?
Old January 23, 2013, 01:55:40 PM
Giratina

To Nintendo:
Unfortunately, I was unable to think of the proper words for my reaction, so I have sent my associate, Phillip J. Fry, to give a proper reaction, along with a large sum of money:
Spoiler Alert:    
Old January 23, 2013, 02:28:13 PM
Joltik

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsaberslash View Post
I gotta say I'm mainly hyped for SMTxFE.
Same here, I nearly hopped out of my seat when they showed that, and a few amazed yells escaped my mouth.

Nintendo is making it harder and harder for me to wait on getting a Wii U.
Old January 23, 2013, 03:26:40 PM
Administrator

GBA games will be available? Ooh. Good to know we can transfer NES games. I'm guessing the small fee is so they can update their emulator.
Old January 25, 2013, 08:30:37 AM
Giratina

Omfg. Smash Brothers<3 That would be the only reason why I would get the Wii U. OMG OMG OMG I'm actually excited for that and ready to visit someone with a Wii U ASAP once it's released
Old January 25, 2013, 12:07:55 PM
Rayquaza

Is it wrong I still haven't gotten a Wii U ad I'm still not interested in getting one?
Old January 28, 2013, 04:00:20 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Is it wrong I still haven't gotten a Wii U ad I'm still not interested in getting one?
Nope. Pretty much same story here, besides for the fact that I am dying to play the new SSB