Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 17, 2013, 06:51:36 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I still want to get rid of Kyle specifically because of his terrible house placement: right in front of my house. Must...replace...house...with...fountain...
Must...alert...Kazam...when...moving...

But yeah, that's Anicotti for me. I just keep telling myself that the removal of sign posts which guide arriving villagers is a blessing in disguise. The new villagers reset trick gives you a LOT of creativity in designing a town.
Old August 17, 2013, 07:16:56 PM
Giratina

Click image for larger version

Name:	HNI_0072.JPG
Views:	593
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	5254
I'm so happy I finally got my perfect town, now I have this beautiful clock I've been waiting so long for~<3

Name:	HNI_0073.JPG
Views:	574
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	5255
Oh my God you're a penguin... did I say I would have to hate you? Umm, that was a complete mistake. I love you, we HAVE to be friends.

Name:	HNI_0078.JPG
Views:	587
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	5256
I fixed my mistake from last time! I finally won the Bug Catching Contest! And in the words of Delia Ketchum from a horrible parody I starred in "Look at my shiny-ass trophy."
Old August 17, 2013, 07:26:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Must...alert...Kazam...when...moving...
Yeah, I hate to get rid of an awesome villager like him who likes me enough to send me letters spontaneously, but his house is such an eyesore in front of my home.
Old August 17, 2013, 11:08:51 PM
Kyurem

I've always wondered about the two vacant spots in Main Street in my town... the second floor of the Able Sisters building and just left to the Dream Suite.

Seems like I'm missing something yet.
Old August 17, 2013, 11:15:11 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I've always wondered about the two vacant spots in Main Street in my town... the second floor of the Able Sisters building and just left to the Dream Suite.

Seems like I'm missing something yet.
Oh you most certainly are. Just in case you don't want to know yet

Answer    

Above the Able Sisters is Shampoodle. There you can get your hair done, makeup, and color contacts after a couple weeks or so. (That's how I look like Danny Phantom!)

To the left of the Dream Suite is Katrina's Fortune Shop. There you can get your fortune told or something like whatever she normally does. I don't have that shop yet.
Old August 18, 2013, 01:47:23 PM
Giratina

I think this is it - My adventures in New Leaf are coming to a close! It's been a couple of months and I'm finally starting to get a bit bored of the daily routine. Some of my favourite achievements:

Catching a tarantula on the first night
Made 10 million off the Stalk Market in a single week
Getting the satisfaction of buying the Royal Crown one day and then the Crown the next
Getting rid of Bertha
Finishing the fossil collection (almost twice to get almost all the minatures!)
Understood a few things that the Japanese girl I met on the island said
Maintained a perfect town from the first week until now
Getting the largest house possible as quickly as possible (One upgrade paid off a day!)
Watching Dr Shrunk eat 100 turnips at once
Getting full Mermaid, Exotic and Astro

I've posted a few photos to my Miiverse: Ningam3r
Old August 18, 2013, 11:39:43 PM

Cat and I just saw the Easter egg that happens when you watch TV specifically at 3:33 AM.

I thought it was creepy.
Old August 19, 2013, 10:06:06 AM
Shaymin

I got Bob!

Long story short, Ed kept wanting to move out, so I finally let him leave 2 days ago. Checked the camp site everyday since, only now did someone finally stop by, and it was Bob. Kept talking to him for a bit, then he bet me in a random game of rock paper scissors. The bet was if I won, he'd move in. If he won, he would get the lucky clovers I forgot to put away. ..

... If he moves in an area where I think he will... my town across a river is dominated by cats.
Old August 19, 2013, 11:30:35 AM
Kyurem

If only someone out there could use their spare funds to... like... donate to our fundraisers.
Old August 21, 2013, 07:50:45 PM
Giratina

I recently stepped back into the flower breeding game so I could create some super interesting hybrids to surround my flower clock with. With the help of my crazy Animal Crossing obsessed nerd friends I'm gonna be getting ALL the weird colors. I just started by getting my first purple rose this morning~ (And nearly destroying it minutes later because I forgot it was there XD)
Old August 21, 2013, 08:34:00 PM

Well, I'm still having no luck with the special red rose patch that I started. I'm getting pink, orange, and even black roses, but no blue ones yet. :<

I'm also really glad I changed my ordnance to Beautiful Town- I would've never had time earlier today or yesterday to water all of my flowers. I still miss being able to go to the shops this late though...
Old August 21, 2013, 11:16:41 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Well, I'm still having no luck with the special red rose patch that I started. I'm getting pink, orange, and even black roses, but no blue ones yet. :<

I'm also really glad I changed my ordnance to Beautiful Town- I would've never had time earlier today or yesterday to water all of my flowers. I still miss being able to go to the shops this late though...
I'm having the same problem. I have an orange and purple rose patch which keeps producing special roses which I then transplant to a garden exclusively for special red roses, but all I'm getting are more orange ones. Meanwhile, pink cosmos are appearing at a rate which is making them more common than store-bought flowers...
Old August 21, 2013, 11:42:11 PM
Administrator

I actually have an idea for your flower woes. As you don't need to water flowers if you have Beautiful Town, you should water only the ones you want to breed. I'm not sure if villagers' watering will affect them, though.
Old August 22, 2013, 02:32:17 AM
Kyurem

Since I prefer having Night Owl, I usually go with this:

If I have lots of time, I water everything.
If I don't have lots of time, I water only wilting flowers.
Old August 22, 2013, 02:58:04 PM

Quote:
I actually have an idea for your flower woes. As you don't need to water flowers if you have Beautiful Town, you should water only the ones you want to breed. I'm not sure if villagers' watering will affect them, though.
That's currently what I'm doing...and I can't even get Gold Roses yet because I'm locked into Beautiful Town, so my black roses won't wilt. >_>
Old August 22, 2013, 03:34:14 PM
Administrator

Switch it back for a day.
Old August 22, 2013, 03:43:19 PM
Giratina

I just remembered that New Leaf came out at the start of summer break for us. So now that I'm back in school everyone with the game is showing off their 3 months of work. I don't even have the golden can yet... but at least a friend gave me blue pansies, a trash can, AND persimmons! (Can't wait another month for all the upgrades.) Now I have every fruit!

But I still have to pay off loans for upstairs, the left room, and the back room in my house. Soon I'll make Nook drown in disbelief...
Old August 23, 2013, 04:06:15 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
But I still have to pay off loans for upstairs, the left room, and the back room in my house. Soon I'll make Nook drown in disbelief...
Wait a second, you can stack expansions until the sun comes down?
Old August 23, 2013, 11:50:26 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Wait a second, you can stack expansions until the sun comes down?
Pfft, of course not Each expansion takes until morning. I'm just counting down the number of ones I have left.

But to show a little of my humility, I stumbled across something that's probably pretty obvious. I was scrolling through my items on the island to see if I could go home yet when my finger slipped and hit the Bell counter. All of a sudden this menu pops up and I just stare at it thinking I broke the game. Then I realized... "Oh wait, THIS must be how you drop bell bags!" And it indeed was. I can't believe I didn't know that until now XD
Old August 24, 2013, 01:45:14 PM

I just got Blue Roses! (I'll go and post a picture later)

Turns out the method I tried worked well for me. It seems that Blue Roses have a lower spawn rate compared to the other flowers that bloom around the patch.
Old August 24, 2013, 09:59:01 PM
Giratina

I loved having a birthday on a Saturday. I was expecting some type of birthday greeting like most games, but New Leaf took it to a whole new level for me.

Name:	HNI_0083.JPG
Views:	565
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	5276
It started the surprise by INSTANTLY catching me in a birthday cutscene. I... don't remember that ever happening before.

Name:	HNI_0084.JPG
Views:	553
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	5277

Name:	HNI_0087.JPG
Views:	564
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	5279

Name:	HNI_0088.JPG
Views:	588
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	5280
And then THIS! I knew it happened for NPCs, but for me I... actually felt gratitude~

Name:	HNI_0085.JPG
Views:	540
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	5278
That's why you're my favorite, Pierce. You're just like me.

Name:	HNI_0089.JPG
Views:	562
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	5281
Even putting it on the town message board. It was like having another mini-party.

Name:	HNI_0090.JPG
Views:	573
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	5282

Name:	HNI_0091.JPG
Views:	559
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	5283
But the best part was when I remembered it was Saturday. Totakeke instantly serenaded me with K.K. Birthday, and it was pretty funny to hear that with his voice~

Thank God I had the Beautiful Town ordinance in effect. I totally neglected the town today XD (Though I did do my daily search for "that one weed")

One funny thing I noticed a couple days ago, too. The more fireworks and seasonal stuff I throw on the floors of my house the more points I get from the HHA. I threw a couple down and I got an instant 20,000 points.
Old August 27, 2013, 06:22:08 AM
Administrator

I FINALLY obtained my golden axe yesterday, so I have nine free axes (some may be used) if anybody wants some.

I'm also already starting to have fun with the houses at school. The block list on the HHA is so broken. You can use it to prevent the same crummy house from repeatedly appearing, but you can't remove someone if you know they have a good house again.
Old August 28, 2013, 10:50:25 PM
Shaymin

So, I haven't been able to play in two days... No major changes... But I had an interesting guest camp.

Twiggy, You have some explainin' to do...

Also I made a huge apple mess. For the past two weeks, this one tree I have next to the Cafe has apples. I constantly just shake it and leave the apples there. I'm at 18 now~!
Old August 28, 2013, 11:00:20 PM
Administrator

Oh, time to post this. Get 'em before Monday!

Source
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LastChanceAugust.png
Views:	490
Size:	602.8 KB
ID:	5294  

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 28, 2013 at 11:06:43 PM.
Old August 29, 2013, 10:17:24 PM
Kyurem

Apparently, adding a yellow bench (30,000 Bells) is enough to take my town all the way from "average" to "best town ever". "Vital", indeed.

Last edited by Twiggy; August 29, 2013 at 10:17:45 PM.
Old August 30, 2013, 02:36:12 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Apparently, adding a yellow bench (30,000 Bells) is enough to take my town all the way from "average" to "best town ever". "Vital", indeed.
Hehe. For me it was a fountain, and that project canceled all future ideas I had. I didn't want to build out of perfection

Only a couple more days until my break! Then I have huge plans for my town, I want to completely make it better. Starting with my house, as my music room is now nearly complete.

...Edit. Shock horror. If you ever want help doing your taxes or whatever, DO NOT call on me. I apparently can't count since the day of glory was TODAY!

Name:	HNI_0095.JPG
Views:	577
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	5301

Name:	HNI_0096.JPG
Views:	564
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	5302

Now I can get on with my project, destroying all of the town. Starting with the trees. Does anyone have a spare axe or three they can give me? I would also like a tarantula, I know I won't ever be able to catch one before September...
Old August 30, 2013, 02:37:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I FINALLY obtained my golden axe yesterday, so I have nine free axes (some may be used) if anybody wants some.
Nope, I don't have any axes whatsoever. You're on your own for the tarantula, though. It's not possible to give critters.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 30, 2013 at 02:38:10 PM.
Old August 30, 2013, 02:42:34 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Nope, I don't have any axes whatsoever. You're on your own for the tarantula, though. It's not possible to give critters.
...So when can we do? I'd like to finish breaking stuff by Sunday.

I guess that means my museum will have a permanent hole in the insects section. I will never get over my fear of searching-for-and-getting-wrecked-by spiders. Super!
Old August 30, 2013, 05:30:21 PM
Administrator

We should be able to do that tonight.
Old August 31, 2013, 12:21:54 AM
Kyurem

For some reason, Animal Crossing: New Leaf decided that today would be a good time to take a long time to save and exit.

Took over five minutes to save, and I even thought that the game was having trouble accessing the save data... but, lo and behold, it saved.
Old August 31, 2013, 08:29:17 AM
Giratina

I finally found one of those stumps with a rare pattern! Chopping down all those trees was worth it!

Name:	HNI_0097.JPG
Views:	1752
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	5303
Now uh... why are these so special again? They just... look interesting.

Also, what's a crew's monitor and why is it so important that it had it's own message board message?
Old August 31, 2013, 08:57:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
I finally found one of those stumps with a rare pattern! Chopping down all those trees was worth it!
Attachment 5303
Now uh... why are these so special again? They just... look interesting.

Also, what's a crew's monitor and why is it so important that it had it's own message board message?
Ohhh you got a special stump. These stumps come in different patterns like hearts, butterflies, or the triforce (the one I have ). Pretty much you can find mushrooms spawning around these kinds of stumps on a few occasions. Sometimes you'll even see a dig spot next to the stump and you'll find a Rare Mushroom. Mushrooms found around these stumps usually sell for a lot- like around 10,000 bells.
Old August 31, 2013, 09:50:04 AM
Administrator

Regarding the crew's monitor, that would be a spotlight item. Rarer stuff appears on spotlight from time to time. Rococo items are typical for spotlight, too.
Old September 1, 2013, 08:20:23 PM
Administrator

A little advice: do not miss the salmon or king salmon. They're both only available for this month!
Old September 2, 2013, 03:16:31 PM
Giratina

It's Labor Day and of COURSE I'm the only one allowed (forced) to take the day off.

I didn't get to knock down ALL the trees I wanted, but now most of them are gone. Now I can take my monthlong break from New Leaf so I can do other things. It's so high maintenance, like a needy lover you can't live without.
Now (thanks to Cat) most of my music room is complete. It only took a few days to get all the instruments together. But... how am I ever gonna make ALL THOSE INSTRUMENTS fit AND look nice? Oh, the struggles...
Old September 2, 2013, 03:18:03 PM
Administrator

I think the organization I have in my room is about optimal for fitting all of the instruments and allowing the ability to play them.
Old September 2, 2013, 04:15:27 PM
Giratina

That's exactly what I want. I was inspired by your room when I was buying up all your stuff. But the thing is I don't want to copy you, all my unoriginality is devoted to The Beatles. That's gonna be the real tricky part but I'm determined to make it work MY way.
Old September 2, 2013, 04:34:51 PM
Administrator

Try having Cyrus redo them. I know a few of the instruments have alternative colors.
Old September 2, 2013, 04:40:52 PM
Giratina

I already had Cyrus make the ebony piano an ivory piano (or "John Lennon Imagine Piano" as I call it), but what I meant is that I don't want the same SETUP. I want it to work like yours but not with the instruments all in the same places. It's already different enough that I have a basement music studio and yours is an attic (I presumed the basement would serve better as an echo chamber.)
Old September 2, 2013, 04:56:27 PM
Administrator

Ah, I see.

Hm, I decided again to pick up the original Animal Crossing. I needed to really clean out that house full of junk. I now have three characters. It's kind of funny when you look at it, though. Two houses in the original AC still is smaller than just one in New Leaf. In the original, you get a main 8x8 room, a 6x6 attic, and an 8x8 basement (but you cannot apply wallpaper/carpet in the basement). Wild World expanded that to two 8x8 rooms and four 6x6 rooms, but you could only have one house. City Folk quadrupled that back to four houses with the same specs as Wild World. New Leaf expanded all six rooms in all four houses to 8x8.
Old September 4, 2013, 01:02:46 AM
Administrator

I just made a discovery about the GameCube one. You could actually give critters (bugs/fish) to other players by giving them to the gyroid outside your house. That would have been really nice in New Leaf.

I've also caught the customization bug in New Leaf. I've been trying to customize whatever I can get my hands on that's staying in my house.
Old September 11, 2013, 09:51:12 PM
Kyurem

I wonder about salmon... Now, where does one catch them...
Old September 11, 2013, 09:51:49 PM
Administrator

They're at the base of the waterfall, the one leading out to the ocean. In a few days they'll be in the river, much more annoying to discern from the other fish.
Old September 11, 2013, 10:27:39 PM
Kyurem

Thanks. What about the two missing shops, one beside Dream Suite and one above Ables?
Old September 11, 2013, 10:47:40 PM
Administrator

Shampoodle (above the Ables' shop) offers you haircuts, hair dying, and later contacts.

Katrina's shop (next to Dream Suite) doesn't open until you get 20 readings from her. Her shop is identical to her hut.

(Also, if you've already obtained the lovely phone, just place that in your house. It doesn't count towards her readings, but you can get a free reading every day, regardless of if she's there. Very useful if you start tripping or want high luck.)
Old September 11, 2013, 10:57:44 PM
Kyurem

Hmm... what can I do to get Shampoodle?
Old September 11, 2013, 11:01:56 PM
Administrator

It opens about three weeks after you started playing

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 11, 2013 at 11:02:11 PM.
Old September 11, 2013, 11:07:24 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
It opens about three weeks after you started playing
This is very odd, considering that they still haven't opened yet.
Old September 11, 2013, 11:09:44 PM
Administrator

Have you been playing every day?
Old September 11, 2013, 11:17:01 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Have you been playing every day?
Yes. Did I hit a bug?
Old September 11, 2013, 11:21:49 PM
Landorus

Quote:
This is very odd, considering that they still haven't opened yet.
Has Kick's been open for at least a week, and have you been buying a lot of stuff at both Able's and Kick's? I think I read you need to spend a total of at least 7000 bells at those stores before it opens.

Edit: Well, something else (On the same wiki) says you have to spend 10,000 at those two stores.. I'm not sure which is right. =w=

Last edited by SpikyEaredPichu96; September 11, 2013 at 11:30:12 PM.
Old September 11, 2013, 11:24:51 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikyEaredPichu96 View Post
Has Kick's been open for at least a week, and have you been buying a lot of stuff at both Able's and Kick's? I think I read you need to spend a total of at least 7000 bells at those stores before it opens.

Kick who?

I think I know my problem now...
Old September 11, 2013, 11:28:16 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Kick who?

I think I know my problem now...
Kicks is the skunk who used to polish your shoes in City Folk; he runs the store on the other side of Able's and sells shoes and socks there. If you haven't unlocked that yet, then yeah, that's the problem. Just buy more stuff at Able's, then sell it if you don't like it/don't have enough room.
Old September 11, 2013, 11:32:08 PM
Administrator

A good habit to get into if you play daily is to buy out all the shops along Main Street (the right side). That'll not only meet all the upgrade requirements but will also fill your catalog up with lots of goodies you can order at any time after the Nooklings' shop's first upgrade. (Anything you have in your possession, even if for a second, is added to your catalog. This is simply called "cataloging.")

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 11, 2013 at 11:32:51 PM.
Old September 12, 2013, 08:01:05 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
They're at the base of the waterfall, the one leading out to the ocean. In a few days they'll be in the river, much more annoying to discern from the other fish.
I don't think I've seen any fish there...
Old September 16, 2013, 08:01:07 AM
Kyurem

No update? Yes update.

I finally caught both salmon and king salmon at the base of the waterfall that leads to the ocean. Somehow, it's pretty hard to notice anything because the waterfall and its effects clip the fish.

Also, Kicks' open.

Last edited by Twiggy; September 16, 2013 at 09:50:50 AM.
Old September 16, 2013, 10:34:10 AM
Administrator

Oh, dang, today was the start of the new "month" for critters...and some of them are no longer available. I think the arowana is one of the ones that is now gone.
Old September 16, 2013, 11:17:10 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Oh, dang, today was the start of the new "month" for critters...and some of them are no longer available. I think the arowana is one of the ones that is now gone.
Wait, could you elaborate on this a bit? I was under the impression that a month began on, well, the beginning of the month. I haven't done much finishing since the start of September and hope I didn't miss anything...
Old September 16, 2013, 05:27:42 PM
Administrator

September is special. It's actually two separate months as far as the critters are concerned. September I starts on September 1, and September II starts on September 16.

Gone in September II:
Arowana
Crawfish
Eel
Flatworm
Piranha
Sea grapes
Sea urchin
Sweetfish

New in September II:
Mitten crab
Octopus
Spiny lobster
Sweet shrimp

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 16, 2013 at 05:29:46 PM.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:45:32 AM

Sheesh, it's been about 2 weeks since I last played. I came back to my town and saw that everything changed color and a lot of my grass grew back.

I've also seen Gracie by the town tree. She keeps calling me a fashion disaster. D: I need to find a guide that shows which themes clothes have.
Old September 20, 2013, 06:11:52 AM
Kyurem

Besides a guide, check carefully when you interact with a clothing item on sale in Able's and Kicks'. It'll tell you what style they are, right before you get the prompt to buy, try, or cancel.
Old September 20, 2013, 08:06:03 AM
Regigigas

I'm starting to think they made it so you could tell when a villager is close to giving you their photo. Yesterday I had a scheduled meeting with Mira and decided to wait near her house until that time. While I was waiting, Fauna kept watching me and a couple times got close before turning away. It was as if she was wanting to give the pic, but was too shy to.
Old September 20, 2013, 10:37:38 AM
Administrator

Regarding getting villager pictures, the best way to get them is by doing "high value" missions, such as getting six signatures from another town, providing a fruit (give a foreign perfect fruit), or catching a critter (provide something worth 5 digits, i.e. over 10,000 bells).
Old September 20, 2013, 01:04:00 PM
Celebi

I haven't played in ages and I'm worried the villagers I spent ages to find will be gone. So I'm scared to go back, making it even higher a possibility that they are gone. -.-
Old September 20, 2013, 02:25:45 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
I haven't played in ages and I'm worried the villagers I spent ages to find will be gone. So I'm scared to go back, making it even higher a possibility that they are gone. -.-
If you can remember the day you last played (Or close to the date) you can set your 3DS time back to that day and get on then. The game only seems to realize you're time traveling when it registers you playing at a time before the last time you played (for example, coming on at 4:00 in the afternoon when the last time it registered you playing was at 6:00 that same day) so if you're worried about villagers leaving or hybrid flowers wilting, you can just go back and do the days one at a time until you're caught up.
Old September 20, 2013, 02:47:08 PM
Administrator

If you do set the time back, change your ordinance to Beautiful Town so you don't have to play every day since then. I personally don't condone time traveling.
Old September 23, 2013, 09:23:53 AM
Kyurem

Looks like I'm going to see Shampoodle very soon, seeing as renovation works are now on.
Old September 25, 2013, 06:45:47 AM
Mudkip

Default Animal crossing a new leaf

I was wondering if anyone has one of those recommendation codes that you get for registering Animal crossing on the nintendo club website, which gives the person with the code a free download of the game?

if anyone does can you send it my way i would be more than happy to trade an xbox card that has a free download of gears of war plus 2 free days of xbox live gold.

hope to hear from you
if you do drop me a Pm

if it sweetens the deal abit i also have a code for Rachet and Clank Gladiators for the Ps3 if you prefer drop me a line with any questions.

Last edited by Shadow-lucario; September 25, 2013 at 09:41:44 AM.
Old September 26, 2013, 07:49:29 AM
Kyurem

Shampoodle opened.

Shame I don't really have the time to go there... maybe tomorrow.
Old September 29, 2013, 12:22:37 AM
Administrator

Well, it took a few months, but I finally finished the K.K. Slider song collection!
Old September 29, 2013, 02:09:20 AM
Kyurem

I'm sufficiently bored, and decided to listen to pretty much every K.K. Slider song that I have.

Funny enough, I love Bubblegum K.K.

What do you guys think of these songs? What do they remind you of, in general?

Last edited by Twiggy; September 29, 2013 at 02:10:23 AM.
Old October 5, 2013, 01:08:30 PM
Administrator

Looks like all the spooky stuff has been appearing in the Nooklings' shop and at Able Sisters. I believe you need to collect candy to give to villagers on Halloween to get the creepy set (which cannot be reordered).

Another question, though: Who here is still playing New Leaf (like daily), and who stopped playing a while ago? Is there anyone who intends to continue playing it daily (or at least a few times a month to get certain seasonal stuff) past the release of Pokémon X/Y? What about for a whole year?

Personally, I try to hop on every day to do my chores and see what new stuff is available at the shops. Watering my flowers daily gets annoying, and I'm still not sure if I want to set Beautiful Town, as my preferred time to play is usually around 11:30 PM.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 5, 2013 at 01:10:35 PM.
Old October 5, 2013, 01:20:39 PM
Kyurem

I have been playing daily to check out the shops and make sure that none of my favorite villagers are trying to leave, but I have stopped doing some things. I rarely dig up fossils or look for the money rock, and I haven't been to Kicks in weeks.

I have started larger projects, though. I love 8/10 of my villagers as well as their house locations, so I have started installing roads and strategically placed public works projects. Flowers are no arranged with thought, so there aren't just wild flower patches everywhere. In addition to this, I have been trying to get a perfect Harmonious house, which has been great since I have ignored my house for a while now.

X/Y will take up much of my time upon release, but I don't think I'll be putting away New Leaf permanently for a while.
Old October 5, 2013, 01:57:23 PM
Giratina

Though I should've picked up gameplay again a few days ago, I'm still waiting to get back into it. As I noted before, the game is very high maintenance. I'll play when friends ask me to visit, but I don't do much in my own town. I'm waiting until around November-December to really pick it up again, I plan to make a full year cycle with it.

And how could I EVER stop creating outfits? I'm like a mini fashion designer~ Fabulous~!
Old October 5, 2013, 02:01:59 PM
Administrator

My gameplay with it has been slowed down over the last month or so. I still play a few times during the week for a little bit, but not daily (and it's not just GTA V's fault).
Old October 5, 2013, 10:53:55 PM
Kyurem

It's hard for me to dedicate some time in doing things in general. I'm slacking off in watering plants and are not bothering with money rocks.
Old October 7, 2013, 08:07:11 PM
Administrator

Oh jeez, the fishing tournament is next Saturday (the day Pokémon X/Y comes out). I already remember how annoying and time consuming some aspects of the bug tournament were. Worse, it takes longer to stockpile sharks and other rare fish. You also need a buddy to help with collecting the items.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 7, 2013 at 08:09:04 PM.
Old October 8, 2013, 12:31:47 PM
Haxorus

Wow it sure has been a long time since I have played this game. I guess all my flowers have gone now...
Old October 14, 2013, 07:50:06 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-lucario View Post
if anyone does can you send it my way i would be more than happy to trade an xbox card that has a free download of gears of war plus 2 free days of xbox live gold.

hope to hear from you
if you do drop me a Pm

if it sweetens the deal abit i also have a code for Rachet and Clank Gladiators for the Ps3 if you prefer drop me a line with any questions.
And what does this have to do with the thread?

Anyways, I am currently picking bells from shoveling rocks in the game atm, having a bit of a hard time trying to make the Reset Center happen since I'm only 160000 bells short of it. As for my character, I gave him a halo, pink hair, sporty shades, an afterschool shirt, and black boots.
Old October 14, 2013, 09:04:36 PM
Administrator

Jeez, I was correct: Pokémon did kill my time playing this game. I haven't touched it since Friday.
Old October 14, 2013, 09:29:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Jeez, I was correct: Pokémon did kill my time playing this game. I haven't touched it since Friday.

Last edited by Yoshi648; October 14, 2013 at 09:30:06 PM.
Old October 14, 2013, 09:37:15 PM
Administrator

I obviously haven't COMPLETELY left. I WILL complete the encyclopedia (and thus will play to get the bugs/fish every month).
Old October 15, 2013, 01:35:36 PM
Keldeo

Switch ordinance to beautiful and been busy with Pokemon and other new thig sin my life
Old October 31, 2013, 08:03:09 PM
Kyurem

I have no idea if anyone is still playing this, but the Halloween event was a really nice addition to the game. Looking for Jack while being chased by villagers was cool, and the colorful pumpkin heads look really neat. I missed out on the creepy skeleton but got every spooky and creepy furniture piece, as well as the jack-in-the-box and all of the Halloween clothes.

Oh, and Jock villagers are a lot of fun to scare.
Old October 31, 2013, 08:14:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I have no idea if anyone is still playing this, but the Halloween event was a really nice addition to the game. Looking for Jack while being chased by villagers was cool, and the colorful pumpkin heads look really neat. I missed out on the creepy skeleton but got every spooky and creepy furniture piece, as well as the jack-in-the-box and all of the Halloween clothes.

Oh, and Jock villagers are a lot of fun to scare.
Aw crap, I forgot all about Halloween and collecting the candy. I swear, Animal Crossing (particularly this vast one) is a great drought game, but it's horrible when you have another game like Pokémon sucking up all your free time. Heck, I was playing the original so I could have extra Animal Crossing fix while waiting for something else to take my attention. Now that I'm back into Pokémon, I plan to follow X up with either Y or White 2, then I plan to go back and resume Platinum or Ruby. As for New Leaf, I'm going to make myself complete the encyclopedia for once, but sadly my desire to do daily events and even special holidays like Halloween has dropped too much.
Old November 21, 2013, 05:07:07 PM
Administrator

I decided to pull the game out just to see what all my villagers were up to.

Name:	HNI_0010.JPG
Views:	475
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	5799
Looks like the mush set is out this month.

Name:	HNI_0013.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	5800Click image for larger version

Name:	HNI_0015.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	5801
Gracie, what the heck is wrong with you?

Name:	New Leaf Recent.JPG
Views:	527
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	5802
Um, no.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 21, 2013 at 05:12:30 PM.
Old November 28, 2013, 08:43:18 AM

I'm getting back into playing this game. The Harvest Festival seems different this year. Franklin isn't running away from everyone, but he's actually hosting the feast and we need to bring him ingredients.

Important: DO NOT SELL YOUR MUSHROOMS
Mushrooms are needed as ingredients.

Also, does anyone know where to get milk as an ingredient? I have no idea where to find it, and there aren't any cow neighbors in my town. :/
Old November 28, 2013, 11:59:27 AM
Administrator

Good luck finding that. Cat did it earlier but didn't learn any secret ingredients until the dessert: vinegar for fish dishes and beehives for pies and salads.
Old November 28, 2013, 01:48:39 PM

Well, Thanksgiving was certainly interesting. Thanksgiving in New Leaf is way different than what it used to be in City Folk. It's more work...and can be more annoying. You pretty much need to gather ingredients for 4 dishes and you get a furniture item every time you finish a dish.

You pretty much get ingredients from your neighbors when they're in their houses. The only annoying thing is that the ingredients they give you are completely random- like I got 3 flours in a row when I needed butter. >_>

Wait, didn't I give you a Sea Bass earlier?

...REALLY!?

Also, how the heck is this an ingredient!? It was the secret ingredient for a cherry pie.
Old November 28, 2013, 02:16:19 PM
Administrator

Just a little FYI:

New Leaf can be safely played in multiple 3DS systems. The StreetPass data for the HHA is connected to the system, so you'll need to reactivate it once connecting to the original system. All houses will remain when doing this.
Old November 28, 2013, 02:54:10 PM
Kyurem

So I recently restarted my village (it was something of a happy accident, as I actually really enjoy my new town) and am in need of foreign fruits. If anyone is willing to bring me some pears, peaches, oranges, and persimmons, I would be most grateful! I happen to have the Bell Boom ordinance in town and perfect oranges are on premium today, if anyone is interested.

The Harvest Festival was a lot of fun today! I managed to obtain the secret ingredient needed for all four meals, so I was rewarded with a cornucopia, which can only be obtained like this. Life is good in Keerton.
Old November 28, 2013, 03:22:09 PM

Quote:
So I recently restarted my village (it was something of a happy accident, as I actually really enjoy my new town) and am in need of foreign fruits. If anyone is willing to bring me some pears, peaches, oranges, and persimmons, I would be most grateful! I happen to have the Bell Boom ordinance in town and perfect oranges are on premium today, if anyone is interested.

The Harvest Festival was a lot of fun today! I managed to obtain the secret ingredient needed for all four meals, so I was rewarded with a cornucopia, which can only be obtained like this. Life is good in Keerton.
O3O Perfect Oranges on Premium!? I'll give you all the foreign fruit you need just to go to your Re-Tail.
Old December 16, 2013, 08:47:02 PM
Administrator

After waiting long enough, I have finally finished both the insect collection and two sets of the fossils (with the second set being mostly in models). I have two fish and five diving critters left.

Edit: Two diving critters.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 16, 2013 at 10:10:54 PM.
Old December 23, 2013, 02:25:36 AM
Administrator

I've got two bits of news for everyone.

First, I finally managed to obtain a villager's picture, specifically Kyle's!

Name:	HNI_0097.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	5871

Second, I received a copy of the original Animal Forest from Yoshi for Christmas.

Name:	Animal Forest.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	5873Click image for larger version

Name:	Animal Forest 624 weeks.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	5872
(Rough translation: "624 weeks ago...")
It apparently hasn't been played in 12 years. (The clock was set to November 8, 2013, so it must've gradually lost time.)
*deletes file and starts over*

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 23, 2013 at 02:27:25 AM.
Old December 24, 2013, 06:03:04 PM
Administrator

Actually played for more than 10 minutes for the first time in a while, so pic dump:

True friends order each other sandwiches.

Kids are evil.

SHOULDN'T HAVE EATEN THAT BURRITO

Fried ice cream...

The two best (and only) Santas in town

Sounds like Jingle was taking some shrooms before he got here.

Do your job on the one day you work? I'd love too! Wait these presents don't have nametags on them...

Aaaaaaaaaand if I played at all this month I would have known what everyone wanted and wouldn't have ruined Christmas Toy Day for everyone.

Jingle should have given away money that way it would have been... Jingle Bells

Last edited by Yoshi648; December 24, 2013 at 06:07:19 PM.
Old December 25, 2013, 03:34:07 AM
Keldeo

My brother started to play so I'm picking it up again. This is gonna be fun.
Old December 27, 2013, 11:51:23 PM
Giratina

"Say, it's been forever since you were last here!"

I turned on New Lead for the first time in months. All my trees are still gone, so I have to get on with replacing those. Thankfully I never turned off my beauty ordinance so ALL my wonderful flowers are still there~

Better hop in my DeLorean, it's time to right what I have wronged!
Old December 31, 2013, 11:20:05 PM
Administrator

First off, I finally completed the fossil exhibit at the museum.

Next, Cat and I continued our tradition of playing Animal Crossing together for New Years

Everyone has hats!

Though I have best hat.

Cat and I waiting on the final countdown...

Happy new year!

Isabelle is so excited she needs a fire hydrant.
Old January 1, 2014, 10:34:52 AM
Servine

I finally got a 3ds, and the first game I got got was animal crossing new leaf. I played it loads every day, about 3 hours. I then ordered pokčmon x and y and i never have touched it since then. :0
Old January 8, 2014, 09:01:08 PM
Charizard

I just got this game, I'm about to start playing it tomorrow! I'm really excited, played AC when it first came out all the way till this, excited!!!