Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 20, 2010, 12:53:15 AM
Volcarona

Default Lego Pirates of the Caribbean! :D

No jokes here, people. Traveler's Tale and Disney are going to have Captain Jack Sparrow and friends join in the lego franchise. This is something I've been waiting for myself. I got the info from IGN and found out this is real.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/113/1135428p1.html

Personally, I'm excited as much as hell about this. I've always loved Lego. They are in my opinion, better then Sonic. (though nothing tops Mario) I absolutly love the LEGO franchise as much as I do Kingdom Hearts. Anyways, thoughts and stuff would be great!
Old November 20, 2010, 08:29:00 AM
Volcarona

Hm... Interesting. I've always liked the 3rd party Lego franchise.

What's that? Pirates of the Carabiean? Meh....Ok, I guese.
Old November 20, 2010, 09:35:33 AM
Giratina

I hope they do something different this time. LEGO have used the same formula for all their movie-games, and it's become boring. That's not to say it's a bad formula, it just gets boring and repetitive quickly. I want them to change it (They said they would with LEGO Batman, but I didn't notice much).
Old November 20, 2010, 12:06:56 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I hope they do something different this time. LEGO have used the same formula for all their movie-games, and it's become boring. That's not to say it's a bad formula, it just gets boring and repetitive quickly. I want them to change it (They said they would with LEGO Batman, but I didn't notice much).
I kinda agree with this, but look at Pokemon. Nothing has changed ever since Yellow. Why, you may ask? Because it's what made it special that matters. Lego movies are still somewhat a fresh idea. Same goes for 2-D Mario and Sonic. Either it's me or I love Lego. Anyways, I won't continue due to flame wars and what-not.
Old November 20, 2010, 12:13:11 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario227 View Post
I kinda agree with this, but look at Pokemon. Nothing has changed ever since Yellow. Why, you may ask? Because it's what made it special that matters. Lego movies are still somewhat a fresh idea. Same goes for 2-D Mario and Sonic. Either it's me or I love Lego. Anyways, I won't continue due to flame wars and what-not.
Eh, just wanna say that a lot of people complain that Pokemon changed too much.
Old November 20, 2010, 12:52:52 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
Eh, just wanna say that a lot of people complain that Pokemon changed too much.
No, I don't mean that. What I mean is that, if something always the same. People will still find ways to be mean to it. If it changes after being the same, people will still find ways to hate it. The main idea in Pokemon has always been the same. Catch pokemon, train them, and become a Pokemon master. And so-on.

Anyways, on topic, I've always liked Pirates of the Caribbean. And making a Lego game about it does interest me a lot. I loved the first film, liked the second film, never got what the hell the third film was about besides a climatic ending.
Old November 20, 2010, 03:58:56 PM
Regigigas

I really could never get into the Pirates of the Caribbean movies but my mom is in love with them! The whole LEGO thing is kinda getting played out in a way.
Maybe it is time for a little bit of a change.