Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Technology
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 18, 2011, 12:46:11 AM
Volcarona

Default Malicious Banner ad

I was on Bulbapedia when I decided to look up an ability. That page had a malicious banner ad at the bottom of the page that caused Flash to crash and caused a dumb error message to appear when trying to navigate away from the page or trying to close the browser. I eventually used Task Manager to kill the process, but not before taking a screen grab!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bad banner.png
Views:	393
Size:	340.4 KB
ID:	1878  
Old March 19, 2011, 05:57:31 PM
Kyurem

Bulbapedia's ads are starting to get on my nerves. There are some that block the content of the site and near-impossible to close, and then there are those full screen ones that show up whenever you go to a new article.

Just be careful is all I can say. .-.
Old March 23, 2011, 11:25:51 AM
Volcarona

This really is the webmasters problem because you can block various ads. from appearing. Heck i know cat blocked a bunch for this site like the FREE SMILES ones.

Quote:
I'd give you a perfectly valid solution, but then Cat would have a hissy fit and delete this thread and ban everyone who read it.
I don't think cat has much say on that site as he dosent own it. Also if it is a reference to this site...
Were open to anyway to feasibly to remove the ads here too but its not likely because the hosting cost is quite high above $100 a month and the ads cover 90% of it I believe now.