Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Technology
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 24, 2011, 03:44:26 PM
Giratina

Default New Monitor Problem...

Yeah, so I got a new monitor. It's 21.5 inches, 1920x1080. Problem is everything is small from the desktop icons to websites. And yeah, I can zoom in, but is there something else I can do to resize everything correctly?
Old May 24, 2011, 06:14:01 PM
Kyurem

On Vista/7, right-click on the desktop, go to Screen resolution, and change it to 1920x1080 (or if your problem is the other thing it could potentially be, click on "make text and other items larger or smaller").
On XP, right-click on the desktop, go to one of the tabs (I haven't used XP in years), and switch the resolution. If your problem is that things like text are too small (due to the large resolution), try to find an option similar to the "make text and other items larger or smaller" mentioned earlier.
Old May 24, 2011, 06:47:39 PM
Giratina

I already had the resolution correct.
Old June 12, 2011, 01:43:11 PM
Haxorus

You have options.

I'm using a 42" Sanyo as my primary monitor at home, and my icons are microscopic. But there's two workarounds.

One: You can use custom icons and sizing ratios...

Two: Sit closer to your monitor until everything's proportional to what you're used to. I sit something like four and a half feet from my monitor [Just out of reach barehanded plus a bit] and split my screen up between multiple windows. Using Rainmeter or similar services eats up space too, giving you proportional screen usage, as if you were using a three or four small screen array.

Or alternatively: Drop your resolution. If everything seems small, it's because the machine considers a 1980x1080 a massive screen like mine, and thus makes all of your webpages and icons size according. If you drop it to say, 1080x760 or even 1280x768, your resolution stays consistent, while increasing the size of your view.

Remember: resolution is simply the xPixel to yPixel ratio. [x] pixels times [y] pixels. It's just the number of pixels horizontal and vertical. It has nothing to do with size. Hell, my phone is a 1280x768, and it's only a four inch screen. >__>

If this isn't the solution, then you need a new video card, sounds like... >___>;