Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Technology
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 25, 2011, 05:00:46 AM
Giratina

Default Steve Jobs steps down as Apple CEO

Apple CEO Steve Jobs resigned on Wednesday, August 24th due to a medical condition rumoured to be cancer (though unconfirmed yet). One of the world's most successful companies, Jobs co-founded Apple in his garage 35 years ago, revolutionizing technology and introducing ever-so-popular gadgets such as the iPod, iPad and iPhone along the way. Tim Cook, Apple's chief operating officer, was named the CEO of the company after Jobs, with the board expressing confidence about this choice. Even after his resignation, Steve Jobs will continue providing "his unique insights, creativity and inspiration," as Genentech Inc. Chairman Art Levinson said in a statement. Lastly, said Jobs in a letter to the Apple community:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jobs
I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's chief executive, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come. However, I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.
Source: Yahoo! News
Additonal link: Jobs at Apple: master inventor, master marketer

Last edited by Shadow; August 25, 2011 at 05:01:42 AM.
Old August 25, 2011, 05:12:02 AM
Giratina

C'mon shadow, we need some activity in General Computing and the one thing that can possibly do that you put in General Chat. What is wrong with you 9_9

Anyways, I'm glad he's gone. He was basically the Stalin of computers. Hopefully when a new CEO comes in they're not a hypocrtitical.
Old August 25, 2011, 05:23:22 AM
Rayquaza

I wonder if Apple's products are going to change or they will maintain their success.
Old August 25, 2011, 06:21:59 AM
Haxorus

I hope the opposite, Spirit, and that Apple might make a quality product for once. Doubtful, but you never know.
Old August 25, 2011, 06:27:33 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by .name//Technomancer View Post
I hope the opposite, Spirit, and that Apple might make a quality product for once. Doubtful, but you never know.
I don't know, the iPod shuffle that looked like a strip of Trident gum doesn't seem like something you can beat easily.
Old August 25, 2011, 09:00:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I wonder if Apple's products are going to change or they will maintain their success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .name//Technomancer View Post
There's no doubt that Apple is very successful with their portable products (iPod, iPhone, somewhat the iPad).

Only big killer for me are the pricetags.
Old August 25, 2011, 09:22:55 AM
Kyurem

If Apple does different, they lose success. Marxism has done them well in the capitalistic world, so-to-speak.
Old August 25, 2011, 09:24:07 AM
Landorus

I believe his condition was confirmed as Pancreatic Cancer that he's had for almost 5 years now, and that's a long time to have Cancer. But, I guess when you're as rich as Jobs, you get some good medical treatment.
Old August 25, 2011, 01:43:35 PM
Giratina

Wow. Right when my cousin gets a job at apple xD
Old August 25, 2011, 05:07:21 PM
Giratina

I actually like most of Apple's products, so I really hope that they will continue to be successful. Also, what with the new iPhone rumoured to be revealed in the first week of September, I wonder how things will work out without Steve Jobs as CEO now.