Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 6, 2010, 07:22:42 PM
Mudkip

Default Justin Bieber heading to North Korea?

Quote:
If Internet pranksters have their way, Justin Bieber will be performing in one of the world's most oppressive regimes. Communist North Korea is currently leading an online poll on Bieber's My World Tour website, where the 16-year-old singer asked his fans to choose which country he should tour in next. Bieber didn't put any place off limits and, of course, Web-based troublemakers took full advantage of the trusting Canadian heartthrob.

Users of the website 4 chan-an influential Internet subculture that introduced the world to lolcats -- made sure North Korea received over a half million votes, catapulting it from 24th place to 1st place. That puts the despotic communist country ahead of Israel by about 5,000 thousand votes -- and if nothing changes before the contest wraps on July 7, it will make North Korea the winner.

Considering almost no one in North Korea is allowed on the Internet and the country's restrictive media probably doesn't give the mop-haired Bieber much coverage, it's fairly unlikely that any of those half million votes came from actual North Korean citizens.

Regardless of the online poll's outcome, North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il and Bieber's tour manager can probably agree on one thing: the adorable, elf-like singer almost certainly won't be adding the harsh regime to his world tour.

This isn't the only thing the Internet has done to punk Bieber lately, though. Over the holiday weekend, hackers broke into Bieber's YouTube videos and redirected preteen fans to false articles about their idol dying in a car crash. And those were actually some of the more kid-friendly websites to which fans of the 16-year-old singer were redirected.

The rumors were so prevalent that the boy himself made a point of tweeting about it.
"Let's take some time to answer some crazy rumors...I'm not dead," Bieber posted on his Twitter account. "I had to check on this one...but it turns out I'm alive."

Furthermore, he also assured fans that he's "not Peter Pan," demonstrating that the music sensation has a sense of humor about himself. Being a wildly popular teenage superstar probably takes the sting out of being the butt of Internet jokes like these.
Source: http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/sto...o-north-korea/

Last edited by evandeck; July 6, 2010 at 07:23:12 PM.
Old July 6, 2010, 08:09:39 PM
Kyurem

North Korea? Odd...how many times has Bieber been punked now? No offense to those diagnosed with "Bieber Fever", but I couldn't care less (if not for the possible life-threat in this). But let me reassure you Bieber addicts; I would never do something like this. It's something inhumane and it is not something I would promote or stand for, despite not being a fan and actually somewhat sick of hearing his songs playing redundantly over the radio.

That being said, I highly doubt that Bieber would stand for this either. I'm quite sure that Bieber will not be doing something like this, and just head on to Isreal. Do the North Koreans even know who Bieber is? I find it not very likely, unless they have some sort of connection to the outside world. The antics of the pranksters have becoming somewhat of an irritation...evn to me, someone who could actually care less about the teenage fad. But I digress; I would suggest all Bieber fans to vote NO on a North Korean concert and vote for Isreal.

Trust me, I find this in NO WAY fair to Bieber or anyone associated with him. I am disgusted that there are actually people like that who enjoy tormenting a younger singer like him. I would take no joy in such a thing, despite my dislike of his songs being replayed over-oftenly. So don't get angry at me and start sending angry PMs (ie. WHADDYA MEAN!? GO KILL YOURSELF or YOU SUCK! HOW DARE YOU TAKE AMUSEMENT IN THIS!, etc.)

So to conclude, I find this to be a very great injustice. I implore all fo you to not torment others (whether its friends, celebrities, etc.) like this. As little as I like Bieber, I still feel like it is my duty to shield him, as it is everyone else. So I like this no more than any other person disliking the antics of these pranksters.
Old July 8, 2010, 08:14:41 AM
Volcarona

Yes, Justin Bieber is certainly going to perform in North Korea. It's an obvious joke, and it's obvious that it shouldn't be taken seriously. I have no idea how messing with a contest on the Internet torments anyone. And why was North Korea included, anyway? Almost everyone there is denied Internet access.
Old July 8, 2010, 08:17:07 AM
Giratina

I voted.

I highly doubt he'll actually go. If he settles for second place instead he's off to Israel. It's not as bad as what the Jonas Brothers have, though. ***** decided to send them to Somalia.
Old July 8, 2010, 09:24:27 AM
Haxorus

Trololololo
Old July 20, 2010, 08:42:08 PM
Regigigas

I'm going to sit here and smile He knew perfectly well what was coming, and if he didn't, then he doesn't know the internet. I'm sure he agreed that whatever hit first on that poll he was going to go to. Now he must back his part of the agreement, it dosen't matter who caused the spike in the polls; it's done with now. I now have respect for *****

Everyone is free to vote in the poll. And I've seen this in several places on news sites and what not. Even if it's not true, which to me is highly unlikely, it still happened and that news story was published regardless. So, no reason to be angry over this, and quite the opposite. I enjoyed the post, regardless of whether it can be confirmed or not.

Sure, I don't like Justin Beiber either, but I'm not going to flame anyone for it because there are better and more mature ways to express, discuss, whatever, over it.

Bottom Line: North Korea was a option on the poll and it was chosen. So what if it was North Korea? What if a fan lived there? Of course, that's never considered, either.
Quote:
A contest on the internet never upsets anyone. ~Piexing
~Fin

Last edited by DashArmy; July 20, 2010 at 08:44:39 PM.
Old July 21, 2010, 04:58:47 AM
Rayquaza

Odds are he's not going to go through with this because it's all a joke.
Old July 21, 2010, 05:29:02 AM
Landorus

Hes going to die.
I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know what's going on in NK.
Old July 29, 2010, 03:49:36 AM
Charizard

OMG Justin Beiber he is heading to NK
Old July 31, 2010, 12:53:12 AM
Regigigas

Justin Bieber's going to North Korea?

*Gets in War Bunker*
Old August 18, 2010, 01:14:26 AM
Volcarona

That's hilarious. Some of you say its not fair, but I say otherwise. I might just go vote....