Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 6, 2010, 04:45:06 PM
Landorus

Default This new show on cartoonnetwork... MAD.

This thing is like Youtube on TV. It has a bunch of parodies of stuff like Avatar and stuff, and even this segment called CSiCarly. It's... different. You really have to watch it for yourself.

DISCUSS
Old September 6, 2010, 04:51:14 PM
Volcarona

O
MY
F*KING
GOD.

Is this the show i'm looking for? Is this show that will be funny? IS THIS THE SHOW THAT'LL BRING CARTOON NETWORK ONE STEP CLOSER TO WHAT IT NEEDS TO BE?! Let's hope.
Old September 7, 2010, 07:40:35 AM
Celebi

MAD TV isn't funny. Yes, they parody, but if you haven't seen the original, you would have no idea what the heck is going on. Like the Avatar parody... I haven't seen (nor will ever see) the original, so that little clip was a loss.

I'm sure most of you didn't know MAD started out as a magazine... then moved to a skit show like SNL (which tanked, BTW), now I guess they have to move on to ruining the minds of kids.

I watched the entire 15 minute show and didn't even laugh. Cartoon Network isn't worth watching anymore. MAD may get some ratings, but it'll never bring CN out of the grave it always dug.
Old September 7, 2010, 04:46:39 PM
Shaymin

Jason already took most of my post since I agree.

Me and my brother actually had this discussion about how shows like this almost never do a good job at it. Some shows can pull it off, but even then it feels butchered.

I'm glad CN doesn't appear on my standard cable in Canada. But even if it did appear, I doubt I would ever watch it because of the recent things I've heard.

Last edited by Fubab_107; September 7, 2010 at 04:48:42 PM.
Old September 7, 2010, 06:57:45 PM
Celebi

Fubab, I'm sure you can find it on YouTube. 90% of the shows on CN aren't their original programming. In fact, my favorite shows on Cartoon Network right now are straight from Canada (aka the Total Drama series!) Good job, Canada, on making good cartoons. Though I wish CN would get some better shows instead of trying to be hip and cool (*coughLiveActioncough*).
Old September 7, 2010, 10:01:12 PM
Regigigas

I knew Mad was a magazine, didn't know it was a SNL skit. I might check it out for the spy vs spy, but it probably won't be my kind of humor.

On a different topic, has anyone seen Regular Show?
Old September 8, 2010, 03:42:03 AM
Celebi

If you want to talk about Regular Show (which I somehow missed), make a thread about it. I will say this: If Cartoon Network made a day devoted to its premiere, you'd think they'd show it more than that one time.
Old September 8, 2010, 06:54:23 AM
Haxorus

It's kinda like Robot Chicken.
Both I do not like.
Old September 8, 2010, 08:39:41 AM
Celebi

How dare you. Robot Chicken is for adults. MAD is just lewd and trying to be funny.
Old September 8, 2010, 10:31:07 AM
Landorus

Is it really that hard to say "I don't like it"? Anyways, this is a thread to discuss MAD. There's already a thread posted on how CN has gone down the drain. If you want to dump all your pessimism and negativity about this entire network, do it there.
Old September 8, 2010, 11:41:29 AM
Celebi

Don't try to be a Mod. It's not working. I did not go off-topic. You're just full of hateraid and need to leave.

I'm glad MAD is just 15 minutes. There's no need to have filth on TV for a standard 30 minute slot. I really think they need to go back to the magazine.
Old September 8, 2010, 05:47:40 PM
Kyurem

My brother recorded this show the other day and I watched it today
It's not that really funny to me

I think MAD was better as a magazine and not a TV show
I didn't know if I was supposed to laugh at the "Avatar" parody o.o

It doesn't seem like a show I'd watch...
Old September 8, 2010, 05:51:51 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat42 View Post
I didn't know if I was supposed to laugh at the "Avatar" parody o.o
^ This made me giggle.

They're re-running the new episode tonight. After all, for a 15 minute show, they can stick it into any space they need filled. And being a clip show, it'll be easier to manipulate the order of each one.
Old September 8, 2010, 06:01:30 PM
Kyurem

It seems liek they just put a bunch of crappy clips together and added some crappy humor and made it a show

Much like CN's new animated shows <.<
Old September 8, 2010, 06:12:02 PM
Celebi

What shows are you talking about? o3o

But MAD is known for parody. Wait, let me make that lewd parody. They can take SpongeBob, add an O to his name to make SpongeBoob and draw boobs on him. Is that funny? Or just lazy?
Old September 8, 2010, 06:38:33 PM
Regigigas

Actually, scratch my previous comment, this show looks terrible. Though it doesn't offend me as much a Family Guy.
Old September 8, 2010, 07:11:40 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
What shows are you talking about? o3o

But MAD is known for parody. Wait, let me make that lewd parody. They can take SpongeBob, add an O to his name to make SpongeBoob and draw boobs on him. Is that funny? Or just lazy?
I think it's just lazy. Doesn't seem so funny .-.
Old September 8, 2010, 07:17:05 PM
Celebi

It's really amazing what they can get away with. Like that Bambi skit. How horrific would that be for a child to watch? Bambi is my all-time favorite Disney movie and it really bothered me. It's incredible how they can take a touching and gentle moment from the movie and turn it into... that.
Old September 8, 2010, 07:18:53 PM
Kyurem

I know...

It didn't seem very kid friendly

But yeah they can get away with stuff like that...
Old September 8, 2010, 07:24:25 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat42 View Post
I know...

It didn't seem very kid friendly

But yeah they can get away with stuff like that...
I am pretty sure Cartoon Network is trying to make shows for teens now, since they want to appeal to the generation that grew up on Cartoon Network when it was first started, and as a result shows like this pop up.
Old September 8, 2010, 08:07:41 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
I am pretty sure Cartoon Network is trying to make shows for teens now, since they want to appeal to the generation that grew up on Cartoon Network when it was first started, and as a result shows like this pop up.
Even if that's the case, I don't think an older teen would like to see their beloved Disney characters rising from the dead like a zombie. XD
Old September 8, 2010, 10:11:57 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
If that is the case, then why don't they bring their old shows back? Can't they see the obvious and just do what everyone wants? I mean yeah sure, they brought brack Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd, And Eddy, and KND, but I mean they still have a truckload of GOOD shows that they just aren't bringing out! Ugh, this is getting me so MAD! (no pun intended)
Old September 9, 2010, 12:01:00 AM
Keldeo

If there trying to appeal to teens there failing. I enjoy robot chicken a little because some of there parody's are clever. This is just garbage though. The jokes are incredibly sloppy and thrown together, arn't clever in the least, and are VERY loosely based on the show there parodying in the first place. It really is a cartoon version of MAD tv. Which is bad because MAD tv is meant for adults and a teen like me fines it stupid. Thats saying something. I really feel like they think are generation is retarded so they dumb down there shows as much as possible.
Old September 9, 2010, 03:16:23 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
If there trying to appeal to teens there failing. I enjoy robot chicken a little because some of there parody's are clever. This is just garbage though. The jokes are incredibly sloppy and thrown together, arn't clever in the least, and are VERY loosely based on the show there parodying in the first place. It really is a cartoon version of MAD tv. Which is bad because MAD tv is meant for adults and a teen like me fines it stupid. Thats saying something. I really feel like they think are generation is retarded so they dumb down there shows as much as possible.
Exactly how I feel. Yeah, it's basically like Robot Chicken, but dumbed down for a cheap laugh. =/ I don't see MAD tv making any Star Wars inspired tribute specials. Really. The only thing MAD tv has is Spy vs. Spy.
Old September 30, 2010, 11:32:22 AM
Haxorus

Alright, let me just stand up for something here:

I do agree with you about how much Cartoon Network is starting to suck. But this is actually pretty good. I agree with you when you say it's like Robot Chicken, but I think it's not dumbed down, just a different demographic.

And honestly, would you rather watch THIS, or have them re-hire post-Billy and Mandy C.H. Greenblatt?

I thought so.
Old September 30, 2010, 11:38:42 AM
Celebi

I'll have you know as retarded as the concept of Chowder is... It's really smart writing.

I don't see the connection to MAD and Robot Chicken, except that MAD is trying to mimic a successful show again.
Old September 30, 2010, 06:10:45 PM
Volcarona

Gotta give it this: the "Greys in Anime" parody skit was actually pretty funny.
Old September 30, 2010, 07:22:17 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tropius of Tropius View Post
Gotta give it this: the "Greys in Anime" parody skit was actually pretty funny.
It was amusing, but just all satire from popular anime. I'd like for them to do something from Soul Eater or Paranoia Agent. :3
Old October 13, 2010, 04:55:59 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
I really feel like they think are generation is retarded so they dumb down there shows as much as possible.
lolwut

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing this, but I do agree about just bringing back old shows. THough I think that they should just give on on production and turn into modern Boomerang. Shows like Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, and just about everything from around that time were great. But as anyone else who saw the 10th anniversary Powerpuff Girls episode would know, starting up production again of those old shows would be disastrous.
Old October 14, 2010, 01:09:13 PM
Celebi

I saw it the other day and its kinda awesome and stupid at the same time, just the way I like stuff! lol
Old October 14, 2010, 01:31:21 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TRDRS]PokeTrader View Post
I saw it the other day and its kinda awesome and stupid at the same time, just the way I like stuff! lol
That explains why it's so much like Robot Chicken. I've only watched one epsiode. Wasn't too great, however it's not awful. But, you really can't put Robot Chicken-esque humor in a cartoon network show considering how they keep their shows more age appropiate.
Old October 14, 2010, 01:54:30 PM
Shaymin

well it is offical... victory road has ninjas
Old October 23, 2010, 06:44:16 PM
Servine

Cracked.

Ever heard of this place? It's the former competitor of MAD. I like it better. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Also, there are some things on that show that are slightly funny, but even more that are retarded. Let me give you an example, the avatar skit. Okay, there was one funny part in that skit, the keyboard cat thing, that's it. But! The part with Blue the Dog reminds me of a certain Ren and Stimpy scene in which Ren beats a man to death with an oar. Ren and Stimpy was canceled because of that. Another thing, they like terminator WAY to much. And Justin Beiber. And Lady Gaga. Basically, that show is a laptop tied down, screaming random memes or jokes out, and the MAD "staff" makes a badly writen joke about it, and use it ten times. Plus, I lost all hope once I saw a cover of the magazine that dissed Obama. So yeah, that show took everything somewhat funny, mixed it with serious stuff, and beat them until all the funny went away.

Last edited by TM38; October 23, 2010 at 06:56:58 PM. Reason: More Hatred.
Old November 17, 2010, 03:31:07 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM38 View Post
Cracked.

Ever heard of this place? It's the former competitor of MAD. I like it better. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Also, there are some things on that show that are slightly funny, but even more that are retarded. Let me give you an example, the avatar skit. Okay, there was one funny part in that skit, the keyboard cat thing, that's it. But! The part with Blue the Dog reminds me of a certain Ren and Stimpy scene in which Ren beats a man to death with an oar. Ren and Stimpy was canceled because of that. Another thing, they like terminator WAY to much. And Justin Beiber. And Lady Gaga. Basically, that show is a laptop tied down, screaming random memes or jokes out, and the MAD "staff" makes a badly writen joke about it, and use it ten times. Plus, I lost all hope once I saw a cover of the magazine that dissed Obama. So yeah, that show took everything somewhat funny, mixed it with serious stuff, and beat them until all the funny went away.
Meh. Seems kinda stupid to me. :/ But if I watched MAD that would be more idiotic. Seems like a bunch of fail writers too lazy to create a real show with original characters and unfailing plots so it seems like they take Timmy Turner and make his clothes red, change Hannah Montana into Montana Hannah, and at some point I think they'll make Ash throw plastic marbles at a bird (Not sure they'll butcher their own shows, though. Oh, wait. They already did -.-).
Old April 7, 2011, 12:19:02 PM
Mudkip

This show stinks. Nothing more