Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 2, 2010, 06:52:50 AM
Zoroark

Default 3DS: The Pokémon Fanatic's Dream System?

We all know about the upcoming 3DS. We all know it will be able to play regular Nintendo DS titles. Most of us know that it will have DMG, GBC, and GBA games available for download via a Virtual Console-like service (henceforth referred to by myself as Virtual Handheld, until an official name is announced)

What does this mean for your average Pokémon fanatic? Well just about the best darn thing ever. It means that, should Nintendo so decide (which hopefully they will) that generations I and II (and hopefully III) will be available for the 3DS. WWhen that time comes, we will be able to play Red, Blue, Yellow (hopefully Green, should they decide to release Japan-only games like they do with Virtual Console), Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Every spinoff, such as Pinball/RS, Puzzle Challenge, etc., and every portable Pokémon game between now and the next handheld system, all in one device. I, for one, cannot wait. In combination with the Wii and the Virtual Console, one can own every Pokémon game (including spinoffs) in just two systems. What would be even cooler is if the 3DS's communications with the Wii were able to act as a N64 Transfer Pak, for games like Mario Golf, Pokémon Stadium/2, etc.

Of course, there is the matter of the fact that they don't release every game in existence, and the ones they do release are often not found until much later. But it at least makes me happy to know that the golden day for a fanatic like me may very well come
Old October 2, 2010, 05:23:34 PM
Volcarona

And imagine, if they could all be played with fire blasting in your face and wild Pokemon leaping out at you. That'd be epic win.
Old October 2, 2010, 06:39:05 PM
Keldeo

It would be a great thing if they did so, I might never let go of 3DS, if they make games for it.
Old October 3, 2010, 07:08:33 AM
Giratina

I don't think Nintendo will release every Pokemon game that was handheld to the 3DS. They might only release the spin-offs.

I also doubt Nintendo will release the 3rd gen games to the 3DS if they decide to release the main stream games to the 3DS.
Old October 3, 2010, 07:11:14 AM
Giratina

Every single main-series Pokémon game on ONE DS? Do it, Nintendo. I have money, you know how to get it.
Old October 3, 2010, 07:14:36 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Do it, Nintendo. I have money, you know how to get it.
By charging $20 for each game... so it would be... $220 just for the first 3 gens, not including Green version, which would cost more due to that game being Japanese.
Old October 3, 2010, 07:17:03 AM
Volcarona

I hope they do this. I hope they put Yellow, Crystal, Red, Blue, Gold, all of 'em! Espicially the spinoffs, MD in particular. I hope they do it, though, because Big N dosen't ALWAYS satisfy our needs.
Old October 3, 2010, 07:22:49 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
By charging $20 for each game... so it would be... $220 just for the first 3 gens, not including Green version, which would cost more due to that game being Japanese.
At MOST, a game would be Ł7 (~$12), since that's how much an N64 game is on the Wii. I wouldn't think they'd cost a whole lot, maybe only Ł5 per game. $20 for a 15-year-old game is ridiculous.
Old October 3, 2010, 07:26:50 AM
Giratina

Hmm... good point, but Nintendo can price whatever they want. And 10 U.S dollars is the equivalent to a little over Ł7. (I say $10 because that is how much I have to pay for an N64 game on the virtual console)
Old October 8, 2010, 06:23:02 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioMario View Post
And imagine, if they could all be played with fire blasting in your face and wild Pokemon leaping out at you. That'd be epic win.
Well, that would only be the 3DS Pokémon games, of course. I know they said they would revamp "classic" games to be in 3D without remaking them, but I can't imagine the simple pixels from a GameBoy or GameBoy Color game looking good in 3D. GBA MAYBE, but even that's a bit of a stretch. Also, I doubt they'd release any MD game (with the exception of possibly RRT) because they're already all on the DS anyway.
Old October 8, 2010, 06:29:22 PM
Regigigas

OMG imagine if they released WiFi with them it would be so epic battling on R/B via WiFi connection!!
Old October 8, 2010, 06:34:27 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiWishMaker View Post
OMG imagine if they released WiFi with them it would be so epic battling on R/B via WiFi connection!!
Oh, I could only imagine this:
"Go! Charizard 'M!" (If you don't know what/who Charizard 'M, google it)
-or-
"Go! Mew! (and it's level 255)"
Old October 8, 2010, 06:40:18 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Oh, I could only imagine this:
"Go! Charizard 'M!" (If you don't know what/who Charizard 'M, google it)
-or-
"Go! Mew! (and it's level 255)"
Yeah but knowing Nintendo they'll probly put something in the games to block out hacked pokemon like in B/W
Old October 8, 2010, 06:48:57 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Yeah but knowing Nintendo they'll probly put something in the games to block out hacked pokemon like in B/W
Yea, but neither Charizard 'M nor level 255 Mew is hacked. Charizard 'M is glitched and Pokemon can get up to level 255 in R/B/G/Y due to hexadecimal.
Old October 8, 2010, 06:53:52 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Yea, but neither Charizard 'M nor level 255 Mew is hacked. Charizard 'M is glitched and Pokemon can get up to level 255 in R/B/G/Y due to hexadecimal.
No, I understand that but what I mean is that Nintendo will fix everything in the game even the Old man Rare Candy glitch making so that no glitches or anything exsist and I remember going through a bunch to get a Charizard 'M it might still be on my game file

Last edited by MultiWishMaker; October 8, 2010 at 06:54:38 PM.
Old October 8, 2010, 06:57:43 PM
Giratina

Quote:
No, I understand that but what I mean is that Nintendo will fix everything in the game even the Old man Rare Candy glitch making so that no glitches or anything exsist and I remember going through a bunch to get a Charizard 'M it might still be on my game file
Might as well update its graphics, give it up-to-date Pokémon and more places to explore while their at it.
Old October 8, 2010, 06:58:05 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Woah, woah, what did I miss? 0_o
Old October 8, 2010, 09:55:49 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemoneinstein View Post
Woah, woah, what did I miss? 0_o
Hacked and glitched stuff will probly get fixed thats what I mean
Old October 9, 2010, 04:56:41 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Hacked and glitched stuff will probly get fixed thats what I mean
No, what's this about hacked Pokémon in B/W?
Old October 9, 2010, 09:01:20 AM
Zoroark

I would love for this to happen and here is a little idea that I just came up with!
What if when playing a game they use some sort of system for a new Pokemon game on 3DS so you could migrate them somehow onto your newer games, but playing them in 3D or just in the classic look would be so fun and easy to record! <3