Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 25, 2013, 08:02:45 PM
Kyurem

Default That New Rescue Team

9:30 PM
Base of Glade Mountain

It was snowing and windy. There was a path in the middle of an evergreen forest that lead up to the mouth of the sprawling cave inside the mountain. Alex and Teresa approached the mouth of the cave. Alex peered inside and spotted a sleeping Pikachu in one corner, and not much else. He turned to Teresa with a grin on his face. "I haven't gotten my claws dirty in a while, y'know?"
Old February 25, 2013, 08:30:35 PM
Landorus

Teresa gave him a quick grin in return after looking past him at the sleeping Pikachu. "Okay, let's just make it quick," She said.
She felt a bit bad about attacking a Pokemon when they were unaware her and her partner were there, but it was a way to get a feel for how strong the other Pokemon would be if they were approached, and if she was honest with herself, she enjoyed the thrill of battle at least half as much as her friend did.
Old February 26, 2013, 02:42:55 PM
Kyurem

Alex nodded in acknowledgement, and headed into the cave. Not after long after them entering, the Pikachu woke up. It scurried onto its feet, and cried out a "Pika!", charging an Iron Tail. Alex tried to strike, but the Pikachu just deflected it with the Iron Tail. Then he looked around. All of a sudden, about six other Pikachus were now surrounding both him and Teresa.
Old February 26, 2013, 03:06:26 PM
Landorus

Teresa shot at the first Pikachu with an Iron Tail of her own, making it stumble back a bit, before realizing that other Pikachu had come in and surrounded them. She smiled briefly and muttered, "Well, here we go," Before darting to the left, towards three of the newly-arrived Electric Mice Pokemon.
The trio of Pikachu jumped towards her, but she managed to slip between them thanks to her small size, and jumped off a nearby wall to get herself airborne; she rushed at one of the Pikachu so fast it had no time to react, ramming into it with a strong Acrobatics attack, then got her feet under her and launched herself off of the Pikachu and into another with the same attack.
Old February 26, 2013, 07:04:46 PM
Kyurem

Alex went for the other three Pikachu. He struck the first with his claws, and tripped up the second with his foot. Then he turned and attacked the one that Teresa hadn't gotten with an Ice Beam.
Old February 26, 2013, 07:28:10 PM
Landorus

Teresa turned as Alex got the third Pikachu with the Ice Beam, catching sight of the Pikachu that had originally been sleeping trying to run deeper back into the cave. She darted towards it, cutting it off even as she charged and swung an Iron Tail attack. It hit the other Pokemon hard, knocking it all the way back to its fallen brethren.
Old February 26, 2013, 07:46:22 PM
Kyurem

Alex got distracted by Teresa, and when he turned back to the one Pikachu that was left, it had completely gone. He shrugged and started to walk deeper into the cave, beckoning Teresa to follow.
Old February 26, 2013, 07:53:01 PM
Landorus

Teresa nodded and hurried to follow him. She was breathing a bit hard, but otherwise was fine from that little skirmish. "Good job over there," She said once she'd caught up with him again.
Old February 27, 2013, 07:17:41 PM
Kyurem

Alex nodded and then looked around. Now that the Pokemon had been stirred up from that fight, he could see what kind of Pokemon there were in this area of the mountain; it mostly seemed to be forest Pokemon that were escaping the winter weather.
Old February 27, 2013, 09:07:55 PM
Landorus

Teresa followed just behind him, keeping a watchful eye out as they made progress deeper and deeper into the cave. Even though she was trying to stay alert to the present moment, she couldn't help her thoughts drifting out to the reason why she and Alex had come to Glade Mountain in the first place. "Are we sure the information that Noctowl gave us was accurate?" She asked her partner.
Old February 28, 2013, 06:00:55 PM
Kyurem

"If anything, it's the only report I've gotten that mentions a specific mountain at all. It's the only lead we've got."
Old February 28, 2013, 06:26:14 PM
Landorus

She nodded, "Okay then." She followed along silently for a while after that, fiddling a bit with the Def. Scarf tied bandanna-style around her neck. Finally, she said, "To be honest, there's a part of me that's hoping that these rumors aren't true. The possibilities of what those two might be planning.. it could be pretty catastrophic."
Old February 28, 2013, 06:36:49 PM
Regigigas

Ares looked around town seeking a job but no rescue teams were there. (Well better cut down on supper tomorrow at this rate i'll have to eat my scarf) He looked at an old swalot. "Excuse me sir do you know if there are any rescue teams in town?" He asked him. "No leave me alone!" The swalot replied. Ares stared at it as the swalot walked away with haste. (Don't have to be so rude) He thought. "God where will I find a job" He said out loud wondering what he would do.
Old March 1, 2013, 07:32:43 PM
Kyurem

"Isn't that exactly what we're trying to prevent?" Alex said to Teresa.
Old March 1, 2013, 07:50:55 PM
Landorus

"Yeah, you're right," Teresa answered, though secretly she wasn't really sure how much the two of them could do. Alex was strong, there was no question about that, and she didn't have too many doubts about her own abilities, but the two they were going after weren't the typical rogues that Rescue Teams usually went after. Well.. no use worrying about it now, She told herself, forcing the thoughts to the back of her mind and becoming more alert to their surroundings again.
Old March 2, 2013, 11:46:36 AM
Regigigas

Ares stood in town frustrated. He just walked towards Glade mountain. (Humph there better be some rescue teams around. Once he got there he saw forest and a cave he walked inside the cave and saw a pikachu on the ground. "Rescue team!" he said Jeff then ran down the cave.
Old March 2, 2013, 07:02:03 PM
Kyurem

All of a sudden, Alex heard a voice echoing though the cave, although he couldn't really make out what it was saying. He looked behind and saw something running towards them. Was it... following us? he thought to himself. Damn, we might be in for a fight. Not that it'd be hard or anything, but...

Last edited by NismoZ; March 2, 2013 at 07:02:47 PM.
Old March 2, 2013, 07:07:28 PM
Regigigas

Ares saw two Pokemon and stopped. "Hey are you two in need of service" He asked. He than walked closer to them. (Hmm.. Something seems wrong about these two something different about them) He thought.
Old March 2, 2013, 09:39:09 PM
Landorus

Teresa heard something coming up behind them and turned quickly, ready to strike quickly if needed, but hesitated a bit when the Pokemon - a Zangoose - stopped and asked them a question. "Service?" She asked cautiously.
Old March 3, 2013, 07:13:03 AM
Regigigas

"You know you too are a rescue team right?". "You can hire me I'll get the job done easier" He said.
Old March 4, 2013, 07:01:24 PM
Kyurem

Alex raised an eyebrow to what he said. "What do you mean... 'hire you'?"
Old March 5, 2013, 01:20:05 PM
Regigigas

"Pay me" Ares said. "But you can pay after the job is done but if you don't pay me for helping then I'll just have hurt you". "Because whatever you're doing I can tell that you'll need help" Ares said.
Old March 5, 2013, 06:34:26 PM
Kyurem

Alex glanced around, considering his offer. He didn't really need any assistance, but he thought maybe he could get away without paying. "...Okay. But when we've finished, I'll have to decide whether it's worth paying you." He turned his head away in disgust as he said that last part.
Old March 5, 2013, 06:37:26 PM
Regigigas

"So what are you two doing here?". He said as he followed Alex.
Old March 5, 2013, 06:44:04 PM
Landorus

Teresa glanced sharply at Alex when he said that last part, then rolled her eyes with a silent sigh. She looked back at the Zangoose with an almost apologetic smile. She had met others like him passing through Gladeleaf town before, and she had even hired a few herself before she met Alex. Whatever the Sneasel was planning, she had no intention of making this Pokemon work for free.
"We've been hearing some.. interesting rumors about a couple of Pokemon plotting something," She replied to his question, "And we got a lead that they were meeting here at Glade Mountain, so we came here to check it out."
Old March 5, 2013, 06:48:01 PM
Regigigas

Hmm... So do you know who these Pokemon are or what there planning and why are you going to meet them?.. If this something criminal I require extra" Ares said. (I have gotten myself into more trouble haven't I) Ares thought to himself
Old March 5, 2013, 07:40:59 PM
Landorus

"We're not sure what they're planning; that's why we're going to investigate," Teresa replied, "And if what they're planning is criminal... well, we were planning on trying to put a stop to it."
Old March 5, 2013, 07:43:13 PM
Regigigas

"Well good let's get moving" Ares said. "We want to get there ASAP".
Old March 9, 2013, 03:11:37 PM
Landorus

Teresa nodded, then asked the Zangoose, "Oh, would it be alright if I were to ask your name?"
Old March 9, 2013, 09:55:37 PM
Regigigas

Ares stared at Teresa. "I don't like to get to personal with my employers... But if you must know it is Ares" he replied.
Old May 23, 2013, 09:45:13 PM
Landorus

Teresa inclined her head, "Alright then, Ares, pleased to meet you--" She broke off suddenly as she heard a scurrying sound to their left and turned quickly, peering through the darkness to try and see what it was.
Old May 24, 2013, 03:55:09 PM
Regigigas

"Hmmm... What was that?" Ares said. "Only
One way to find out let's go"