Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Debate

Notices

 
 
  #1  
Old March 3, 2011, 01:07:35 PM
Kaorto Kaorto is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 343
Default Justin Bieber

I always wanted to know why guys who are at age 12-15 hating on Bieber? I have no problems with him and I'm not a big fan of his music but hating him for no reason? Isn't that pretty harsh? Discuss.
  #2  
Old March 3, 2011, 01:15:16 PM
Magmaster12's Avatar
Magmaster12 Magmaster12 is offline
Rayquaza
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: You would know
Posts: 4,960
Default

Well;

A. He can't really sing.
B. He's slightly a cry baby.
c. It's just akward how he's 16.
D. His music just plain sucks.
  #3  
Old March 3, 2011, 01:17:47 PM
SK's Avatar
SK SK is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Munna Land
Posts: 3,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Well;

A. He can't really sing.
B. He's slightly a cry baby.
c. It's just akward how he's 16.
D. His music just plain sucks.
A. Yes he can
B. Not really
C. What..? So when I turn 16 I'll be awkward?
D. That's your opinion, since obviously millions of people like it.

I really don't lite it when people are Bieber haters, I mean, the kid is living his dream. Good for him.
  #4  
Old March 3, 2011, 01:20:06 PM
Kaorto Kaorto is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Well;

A. He can't really sing.
B. He's slightly a cry baby.
c. It's just akward how he's 16.
D. His music just plain sucks.

Well, I understand that you're not a fan of his music but that doesn't really tell me why guys hate him so much. He hasn't done anything controversial to offend anyone and he seems like a cool guy.

EDIT: He's 17 now

Last edited by Kaorto; March 3, 2011 at 01:21:27 PM.
  #5  
Old March 3, 2011, 01:59:25 PM
Karoi Karoi is offline
Mudkip
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: A place.
Posts: 32
Default

Personally, I found it kinda odd how I thought he was 12 until somebody told me he was 16. (Now 17, as stated above.)

Dispite this, I don't hate JB.

He hasn't done anything to me personally, so, of corse I can't hate him. I can't really hate anybody, to be honest.

Of course, due to social peer pressure I sometimes join in on mocking him, for what I feel terrible for.

He's just a boy, and I don't want him singing emo songs because of all this.

You complain about his songs now, then you'll just LOVE his emo songs.

On another note, who agrees that the Justin Bieber haters obsess over him more then his actual fans?

Last edited by Karoi; March 3, 2011 at 01:59:42 PM.
  #6  
Old March 3, 2011, 02:02:09 PM
SK's Avatar
SK SK is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Munna Land
Posts: 3,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karoi View Post
On another note, who agrees that the Justin Bieber haters obsess over him more then his actual fans?
Heh, like I've always said, he'd be 10 times less popular if people who hated him would just shut up. 200% agree with you.

Last edited by SK; March 3, 2011 at 02:02:31 PM.
  #7  
Old March 3, 2011, 02:43:24 PM
Idno58's Avatar
Idno58 Idno58 is offline
Landorus
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Human tongue can't pronounce it.
Posts: 1,780
Default

He has a pretty face.
And that's pretty much it.
Woo, Voice-Editing Software
  #8  
Old March 3, 2011, 02:57:00 PM
Ningamer's Avatar
Ningamer Ningamer is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South-East England
Posts: 3,539
Default

I don't really have any problem with him or his music. I just think everyone hates him because they want to be coolm and they're just following the trend.He looks pretty good, his music's okay, and watching Never Say Never will completely change your opinion on him. Yes, I've watched it.

And Mag, I wish you'd stop agreeing with the first thing you hear. Remember when Pokemon Movie 13 aired in Japan and you were hating on that based on what PokeBeach said? When the English version aired, most of us here loved it. The same sort of thing applies here. I doubt you've listened to much of his music and you probably know nothing about him, but you're hating him because that's what the internet says.
  #9  
Old March 3, 2011, 03:44:30 PM
GrassPokemonFTW's Avatar
GrassPokemonFTW GrassPokemonFTW is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: [INSERT GENERIC LOCATION HERE]
Posts: 2,262
Default

I haven't got much of an opinion, actually...I'll admit as much to the point that he can sing, but I hear about him so much and too often to really like him. That's pretty much the only reason I don't like him, though...
  #10  
Old March 3, 2011, 04:57:55 PM
Kaorto Kaorto is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 343
Default

People who are extremely popular always get talked about the most. I remember I was extremely jealous of Chris Brown when I was in middle school. Every girl in school always talk about him and so did the media when they compared him to Michael Jackson. I was so jealous I just started to hate him for no reason. But as time goes by I realize that we as people should never hate someone for no reason at all. Celebrities caused no harm to any of us, they don't know us but we know them. How would you feel if someone bashed about you for no reason and start nasty rumors about you? I really feel that Justin Bieber is a strong individual and hope that his career will lead him well.
  #11  
Old March 3, 2011, 06:22:05 PM
Kirby-Chan's Avatar
Kirby-Chan Kirby-Chan is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to find the evil Kirby...
Posts: 677
Default

I feel neutrel toward Justin Bieber. His music is okay and what I don't get why people hating him for the wrong reasons. People get envy to other people who have something they really wanted: Be famous or popular, having a certain talent, having a lot of money and the list goes on. It's in our human nature to want things. When someone raises up to a higher power, we tend to be envy and we made up reasons why that person is awful to cover up our envy toward the person.
  #12  
Old March 3, 2011, 06:44:41 PM
Alakazamaster's Avatar
Alakazamaster Alakazamaster is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: My own Private Idaho
Posts: 2,400
Default

I'm more indifferent to him than anything. I really don't know enough about him since I don't listen to his music and he must be doing something right if he's this popular. Besides, who am I to say something about him? We've got people bashing on Pokemon saying its "kiddy" and all that, so maybe I'll be just as ignorant as them if I talk trash about a singer I don't listen to at all.
  #13  
Old March 3, 2011, 07:31:55 PM
Cyrus's Avatar
Cyrus Cyrus is offline
Moderator

 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: My snow bunker.
Posts: 1,546
Default

I don't " hate " Justin Bieber. I'm actually proud for him in a way, since he found success from being a nobody via YouTube ( I believe that's how he was discovered ). He has worked hard to get where he is as a musician, and I can respect that. And I do think the thousands of Bieber haters do obsess just as much, if not more, than the Bieber fans. Me personally, I don't like his music. But that has nothing to do with the "oh, he has a girly voice" jokes or anything. I don't like much music from today's genre at all. I'm mostly into classic rock.

I do find myself laughing at the Justin Bieber jokes or photoshopped images every now and then. They are funny, but I'm not the person making the said jokes/pictures, and I'm not going onto every Justin Bieber YouTube video, spamming the comment section with 'OMG HE'S A GIRL HE SUCKS ONLY PRE-TEEN GURLS LISTEN TO HIM!!!11!". Either like his music, or don't listen to it. But either way, everyone needs to respect him for one thing - that's the fact he worked his butt off to get where he is.
  #14  
Old March 4, 2011, 07:24:14 AM
The Spirit of Time's Avatar
The Spirit of Time The Spirit of Time is offline
Rayquaza
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 4,208
Default

Note: Please refrain from typing one or two sentenced posts. This is the Serious Debate, so more serious posts should be there.

Anyway, by looking at the main reason of why Bieber is hated that much by boys, then it is because of his voice and attitude. He acts like a girl, and since he is surprisingly 17, yet never reached puberty, he gets even more hatred. Now personally, I am not a big fan of his music. In fact, I hate all of his songs. In terms of a person, I always judge a boy on how boyish he acts. This Bieber is too indulged: the way he moves his hands or speaks is too much. I am not saying that I am right, but it is my judgement that if a boy is too indulged and too girly, he becomes despicable.
  #15  
Old March 4, 2011, 07:35:01 AM
Kaorto Kaorto is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Note: Please refrain from typing one or two sentenced posts. This is the Serious Debate, so more serious posts should be there.

Anyway, by looking at the main reason of why Bieber is hated that much by boys, then it is because of his voice and attitude. He acts like a girl, and since he is surprisingly 17, yet never reached puberty, he gets even more hatred. Now personally, I am not a big fan of his music. In fact, I hate all of his songs. In terms of a person, I always judge a boy on how boyish he acts. This Bieber is too indulged: the way he moves his hands or speaks is too much. I am not saying that I am right, but it is my judgement that if a boy is too indulged and too girly, he becomes despicable.
I'm guessing you must be at least 14-16 of age as well. Why should people hate him because of the way he acts? Did I read correctly when you wrote that he never reach puberty? *face palm* He's dating Selena Gomez. But anyway, what gives you or anyone else the right to judge someone that you don't even know. It sickens me that people are so fond of judging people so quickly that they refuse to really get to know the person. As I said no one should ever judge anyone by race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation before getting to know them. It's your opinion to think whatever you want about Bieber but you prove to yourself that your just like the rest of those heartless people who would love to torment and cause pain to people that never done a thing to them.

Last edited by Kaorto; March 4, 2011 at 08:01:43 AM.
  #16  
Old March 4, 2011, 08:32:35 AM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,327
Default

Let me start off by saying that I feel a little uncomfortable for replying in this thread, considering I'm one of those who, simply put, are not fans of Justin Bieber. Now, I don't go creating jokes about him, and I don't comment negatively on any of his videos, but I still hate certain aspects of his. Perhaps the most significant is his feminine-like voice, which consequently makes his music sound bad to me (personally).

There are some things in life which an individual does without paying thought to them. After reading this thread, I feel a little guilty to be against JB, since I really don't have a good reason to dislike the guy after all. He's worked his way up the ladder of success using his own effort, and is living his dream right now. The analogy which Alakazamaster made by comparing JB haters to Pokémon haters was an eye-opener for me: wouldn't hating JB for no strong reason make me a jerk like them? Yes, it does. And guess what? No more hating on JB from now onwards. I'm going to be indifferent towards him, and although I still don't like him for his girly voice, there's no need to show hatred against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
I'm more indifferent to him than anything. I really don't know enough about him since I don't listen to his music and he must be doing something right if he's this popular. Besides, who am I to say something about him? We've got people bashing on Pokemon saying its "kiddy" and all that, so maybe I'll be just as ignorant as them if I talk trash about a singer I don't listen to at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I don't " hate " Justin Bieber. I'm actually proud for him in a way, since he found success from being a nobody via YouTube ( I believe that's how he was discovered ). He has worked hard to get where he is as a musician, and I can respect that.
These are, in my opinion, the strongest, most logical arguments in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I do find myself laughing at the Justin Bieber jokes or photoshopped images every now and then. They are funny, but I'm not the person making the said jokes/pictures, and I'm not going onto every Justin Bieber YouTube video, spamming the comment section with 'OMG HE'S A GIRL HE SUCKS ONLY PRE-TEEN GURLS LISTEN TO HIM!!!11!". Either like his music, or don't listen to it. But either way, everyone needs to respect him for one thing - that's the fact he worked his butt off to get where he is.
Same here. I occasionally laugh at the photos/videos which people make to mock JB (or even other celebrities), but I don't know the reason why. Also, just to clarify, I don't specifically target JB; it's more about the joke than the offense, really.
  #17  
Old March 4, 2011, 09:26:55 AM
The Spirit of Time's Avatar
The Spirit of Time The Spirit of Time is offline
Rayquaza
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 4,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
I'm guessing you must be at least 14-16 of age as well. Why should people hate him because of the way he acts? Did I read correctly when you wrote that he never reach puberty? *face palm* He's dating Selena Gomez. But anyway, what gives you or anyone else the right to judge someone that you don't even know. It sickens me that people are so fond of judging people so quickly that they refuse to really get to know the person. As I said no one should ever judge anyone by race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation before getting to know them. It's your opinion to think whatever you want about Bieber but you prove to yourself that your just like the rest of those heartless people who would love to torment and cause pain to people that never done a thing to them.
Well, he should have reached puberty by now, but too bad it is not clearly shown on him. Also, no matter whom a person is dating, a person will remain in the same way he is. However, I mentioned this topic to point out the general reason for being hated. This is not the reason I hate him, since after all, I can't care less about his level of maturity and growth. Despite the reasons I mentioned, regarding his music that I don't like and the very soft sound of his, the major reason behind my hatred is his attitude. I am not being racist, and I am not judging him blindly. His videos that are surfing on the web are more than enough to provide me with evidences to judge his attitude. As an example, the infamous video of him getting hit with a bottle. By looking at his reaction and the way he was saying "Awww"; that indulged manner was clear. I told you that this is how I judge people, and boys to be specific: a boy must act like a boy, not in a so sensitive, feminine and indulged way. Whether it is Beiber or someone else, once I see someone like that, I get disgusted.
  #18  
Old March 4, 2011, 12:32:17 PM
Mario227's Avatar
Mario227 Mario227 is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 569
Default

To be quite honest, Justin Bieber is overrated. And while I can see other people liking Justin Bieber, (6-14 year old girls) a majority hate his music. When, you listen to rock singers like Crush 40, they sing better then Justin Bieber mainly because they sound like guys. I'm going to say Justin Bieber at the very leasts deserves to live ,but he/she should do drumming since he's better off a instrument player then a horrible singer.
  #19  
Old March 4, 2011, 05:26:24 PM
Kaorto Kaorto is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Well, he should have reached puberty by now, but too bad it is not clearly shown on him. Also, no matter whom a person is dating, a person will remain in the same way he is. However, I mentioned this topic to point out the general reason for being hated. This is not the reason I hate him, since after all, I can't care less about his level of maturity and growth. Despite the reasons I mentioned, regarding his music that I don't like and the very soft sound of his, the major reason behind my hatred is his attitude. I am not being racist, and I am not judging him blindly. His videos that are surfing on the web are more than enough to provide me with evidences to judge his attitude. As an example, the infamous video of him getting hit with a bottle. By looking at his reaction and the way he was saying "Awww"; that indulged manner was clear. I told you that this is how I judge people, and boys to be specific: a boy must act like a boy, not in a so sensitive, feminine and indulged way. Whether it is Beiber or someone else, once I see someone like that, I get disgusted.
I would agree with you that boys should be manly. But, in reality, what gives us the right to judge someone by their sexual orientation. People have the right to choose how they would like to be. It doesn't really make them different from any individual. Yes, I've seen that video of someone throwing a bottle at him and I must say I'm glad that he kept his composure. Usually in America we judge a celebrity by the smallest things. Sure, it was silly video but what could he do about it? Instead of bashing the person who throw the bottle he continued with his concert. I'm pretty sure if he would have cursed or threw the bottle back into the crowd. TMZ, E!, HLN, every celebrity gossip shows will bash how rude he was making him a bad person. Another thing, just because he has a "soft voice" doesn't make him feminine. There are guys that I know with soft voices who aren't feminine and probably the toughest guys I know. As I keep saying you can't just automatically judge someone because you think their feminine. It's just barbaric and idiotic to do so.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario227 View Post
To be quite honest, Justin Bieber is overrated. And while I can see other people liking Justin Bieber, (6-14 year old girls) a majority hate his music. When, you listen to rock singers like Crush 40, they sing better then Justin Bieber mainly because they sound like guys. I'm going to say Justin Bieber at the very leasts deserves to live ,but he/she should do drumming since he's better off a instrument player then a horrible singer.
Please forgive me, but, that was the most idiotic thing I've read. He's obviously he's a boy and I don't know who Crush 40 is. *shrugs*

Last edited by Kaorto; March 4, 2011 at 05:30:14 PM.
  #20  
Old March 4, 2011, 06:09:08 PM
piexing's Avatar
piexing piexing is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 653
Default

I'm surprised this thread exists. There's really no reason for one to complain about how much one dislikes someone's singing/attitude/femininity. I've joked about loving him and edited his face onto images because he's so popular and his name is a pun machine but I don't really care how horrible his singing is, how much he acts like a girl instead of a manly man, or how much money he makes. Why should I waste my time doing that when I can talk about how much I like something or someone instead?
Aside from that, I don't think there's any good reason a male shouldn't act feminine or a female shouldn't act masculine. Stating my opinion won't change someone else's, but I'd still like to share. I swear I end every "serious" post I make with that.

Last edited by piexing; March 4, 2011 at 06:09:34 PM.
  #21  
Old March 5, 2011, 01:32:32 AM
The Spirit of Time's Avatar
The Spirit of Time The Spirit of Time is offline
Rayquaza
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 4,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
I would agree with you that boys should be manly. But, in reality, what gives us the right to judge someone by their sexual orientation. People have the right to choose how they would like to be. It doesn't really make them different from any individual. Yes, I've seen that video of someone throwing a bottle at him and I must say I'm glad that he kept his composure. Usually in America we judge a celebrity by the smallest things. Sure, it was silly video but what could he do about it? Instead of bashing the person who throw the bottle he continued with his concert. I'm pretty sure if he would have cursed or threw the bottle back into the crowd. TMZ, E!, HLN, every celebrity gossip shows will bash how rude he was making him a bad person. Another thing, just because he has a "soft voice" doesn't make him feminine. There are guys that I know with soft voices who aren't feminine and probably the toughest guys I know. As I keep saying you can't just automatically judge someone because you think their feminine. It's just barbaric and idiotic to do so.
I am not talking about that incident particularly, but took it as an example. It is true that someone can't control his voice up to a point, but he can control his movements, can't he? The way in which he moves or waves his hand is more than enough to show that he acts like a high-class indulged boy. I am not being barbaric by stating these facts. Maybe if he acts more like a man, he will receive less hatred. Also, I do have the right to hate or love whoever that person is, even if (s)he has the right to be what (s)he wants.
  #22  
Old March 5, 2011, 06:26:44 PM
Kaorto Kaorto is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 343
Default

Well, it's still wrong to judge someone for their "voice" or not acting manly.
  #23  
Old March 6, 2011, 12:18:22 AM
Mario227's Avatar
Mario227 Mario227 is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 569
Default

Well, I hate Justin Bieber. (and no one is going to change that) However, I don't care about what other people say online. I don't like him in general. Heck! Even the Great Mighty Poo (who is a pile of poo from the game Conker's Bad Fur Day) sings better then Justin Bieber. He's meant to be a SINGER not a god damn comedian. Overall, he just plain fails.
  #24  
Old March 7, 2011, 09:00:59 PM
Technomancer's Avatar
Technomancer Technomancer is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ecruteak City, Johto
Posts: 490
Default

I'm twenty-two, and I hate him. For the same reason I would hate him if he existed when I was sixteen. >.<

It boils down to the fact that he's an internet celebrity. "Oh wow, he had a song on Youtube and now he's famous". Who cares? He'll be out of the spotlight soon enough.
  #25  
Old March 8, 2011, 09:45:40 PM
LiteTheIronMan's Avatar
LiteTheIronMan LiteTheIronMan is offline
Shaymin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Final Destination
Posts: 2,908
Default

The reason I hate Bieber is because he's a pop idol who's currently filling the mainstream with terribly generic pop music. And girls are apparently attracted to incredibly generic looking twelve-year-old-looking white kids with shoegazer hair. Also hip-hop/pop/rap isn't really music since most of that is a music program with a rhythm line and then maybe a keyboard or synth plus a track that isn't the singer's own put in.

Then again the rest of the mainstream sucks. I'm going to fall back on 90's grunge for a while. Pearl Jam anyone?
  #26  
Old March 9, 2011, 07:37:13 AM
Luxray13579's Avatar
Luxray13579 Luxray13579 is offline
Shaymin
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Narnia~
Posts: 2,837
Default

Sure he has a couple good aspects about him; he's a successful Canadian singer (that doesn't mean I think his music is good) and at such a young age too. I do like his hair (well, his old hair, but of course most of the girl would agree with me deep down even if they don't like him). I can't say I don't have any of his songs on my iPod because I do have 1 and that's because it's a decent song. I don't hate him, but I'm just not one to follow the popular fads. I go my own way and that's that. :3

Last edited by Luxray13579; March 9, 2011 at 07:37:42 AM.
  #27  
Old March 12, 2011, 03:14:45 PM
SergeiDragunov's Avatar
SergeiDragunov SergeiDragunov is offline
Zoroark
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: In your pants
Posts: 253
Default

IMO, the problem is not Bieber himself. The problem is this group of artists that he falls in, that when put together fills the radio with terribly Disney teen pop. Notable others include Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, etc. While all this is going on, rock and other good quality artists are being pushed to the side because the kiddies seem to love the auto-tuned nonsense that the Disney channel puts out more, and therefore it gets more playtime. So people who enjoy good music put these artists at the butt of every joke to show their disapproval.
  #28  
Old March 17, 2011, 02:34:06 PM
littlea53's Avatar
littlea53 littlea53 is offline
Mudkip
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Where the grass is green and the Girls are preety.
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiDragunov View Post
IMO, the problem is not Bieber himself. The problem is this group of artists that he falls in, that when put together fills the radio with terribly Disney teen pop. Notable others include Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, etc. While all this is going on, rock and other good quality artists are being pushed to the side because the kiddies seem to love the auto-tuned nonsense that the Disney channel puts out more, and therefore it gets more playtime. So people who enjoy good music put these artists at the butt of every joke to show their disapproval.
I fully agree to an extent. I'm not trying to defend them (in all honesty I hate the whole lot) but you have to admit that all of them are (slightly) talented people. The main point to consider is that to reach this point with every teenage girl screaming there names is that they reached this point with blood, sweat, and tears (figuratively).

EDIT: I do agree to your point of all the good artist like Slipknot, Crash 40, SOAD, Korn, etc... are being replaced by these horrible auto-tuned abominations we call pop music.

Last edited by littlea53; March 17, 2011 at 02:36:18 PM.
  #29  
Old March 19, 2011, 07:19:34 PM
Buizel456's Avatar
Buizel456 Buizel456 is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Buizel Dimension
Posts: 429
Default

Well honestly, I have nothing against him. As the others say, he is young to be this successful and he has worked his butt off to get to where he is. I personally don't listen to his music so much, but I do find it catchy and sometimes stuck in my head. But I also think that he needs to watch his actions sometimes. (such as the fingering picture)
  #30  
Old March 20, 2011, 08:19:35 AM
alternateshadow300's Avatar
alternateshadow300 alternateshadow300 is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 470
Default

I think he's stupid and untalented and doesn't deserve his fame because his voice isn't real since it's autotuned (which should be banned). The only reason he's so rich right now is because the media feels so sorry for him and his childhood. He lived in a house full of mice and rats with the refrigerator empty and was bullied a lot at school, but there are obviously people out there who go through much worse, i.e. people who don't have homes at all, nor education, or me who was given death threats a lot, was beat up a lot, and heck, I was even strangled at one point (I was saved, that's why I'm still alive). What'd HE go through? Name calling?

Plus he's highly overrated.

Last edited by alternateshadow300; March 20, 2011 at 08:20:35 AM.
  #31  
Old April 7, 2011, 11:13:15 AM
NismoZ's Avatar
NismoZ NismoZ is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,026
Default

The main reason everyone hates Justin Bieber is the main reason why everyone (including myself) hated Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers (and perhaps a few others); Disney. They hire people who can act and have some musical talent (read: some) and they make things like High School Musical sequels and the sort.

Justin Bieber is also that love/hate kind of celebrity.
  #32  
Old April 24, 2011, 09:54:17 PM
Tune's Avatar
Tune Tune is offline
Cyndaquil
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20
Default

The way I see it is most people hate him because of the attention he gets. A lot of girls go crazy over him and are fans of his and I think guys just find that irritating and start to hate on him. I feel like if a lot of girls start to like a certain thing then eventually guys will start to hate it and ridicule it, like Twilight girls went crazy over it and most guys started to hate it.

Another is they just don't like his music or are tired of hearing his music so much it irritates them. Everyone's got their own tastes.

Personal for me I'm neutral for Bieber I don't really pay attention to him but respect him for what he's doing. He's making a lot of money, having girls go crazy over him, and doing what he likes. I got no reason to hate him but he gets respect.
  #33  
Old April 25, 2011, 08:08:27 PM
Kaorto Kaorto is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune View Post
The way I see it is most people hate him because of the attention he gets. A lot of girls go crazy over him and are fans of his and I think guys just find that irritating and start to hate on him. I feel like if a lot of girls start to like a certain thing then eventually guys will start to hate it and ridicule it, like Twilight girls went crazy over it and most guys started to hate it.

Another is they just don't like his music or are tired of hearing his music so much it irritates them. Everyone's got their own tastes.

Personal for me I'm neutral for Bieber I don't really pay attention to him but respect him for what he's doing. He's making a lot of money, having girls go crazy over him, and doing what he likes. I got no reason to hate him but he gets respect.
That's exactly how I feel about him and yet people bash him because they think his music is terrible, looks and acts like a girl, etc. I hate when people judge someone before they actually (Meaning, face to face) get to know them. But, we live in a society that people judge others because it makes them feel better about themselves.
  #34  
Old April 25, 2011, 10:57:50 PM
Tune's Avatar
Tune Tune is offline
Cyndaquil
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
That's exactly how I feel about him and yet people bash him because they think his music is terrible, looks and acts like a girl, etc. I hate when people judge someone before they actually (Meaning, face to face) get to know them. But, we live in a society that people judge others because it makes them feel better about themselves.
It's how we are we all think different and assume.
  #35  
Old July 17, 2011, 03:13:52 AM
Mr. Luigi Fletcher Mr. Luigi Fletcher is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: With Justin Bieber!
Posts: 36
Default Justin, my baby!

I love Justin Bieber, I love him, I mean it, I hate the way how people are so judgemental against him, I do not like it it offends me and it offends him too, As Ningamer said, He watched Justin Bieber's movie Never Say Never and that changed his opnion about my Bieber, I haven't seen the movie but I want to, My opinion was changed from liking him a bit to absolutely loving him, I will tell you my great story!

This was in fact 2 weeks ago, I had downloaded a MIDI or 'Baby', I played around with it in FL Studio using Pokemon and Super Mario soundfonts, I later thought to myself, "Well, I kinda like the song and he's ok, I'll download the actual song!", I wasn't too keen on Justin Bieber, just enough to download his song, I then listened to it, I did like it, and on Wednesday night my opinion was changing, I wanted to get one of his CDs, I just thought it'd be good, The next day my opinion was changing greatly, I really wanted his CD by then, I downloaded Never Say Never the song that night and by Friday night my opinion was fully changed, I liked him, quite a lot, I even downloaded some pics of him after thinking really hard. Friday was the beginning of a new era. The next day, I remembered I had some magazines with him in them so I dug them out and started reading the articles, that night I started to love him, I even wanted to dream of meeting him, I even added him on YouTube and I am waiting for him to accept my friend request! I even took a pic of him with me to watch Home and Away the Early Years, I even suggested that I'd report any violent, slanderous remarks, allegations and parodies to him, on Thursday I recieved my first Justin Bieber CD Never Say Never: The Remixes, and man does he look sexy on the cover, I was so happy and I haven't even listened to it yet I'm gonna keep it in mint condition, the day after I got another one of his CDs My Worlds, and last night was the worst of all, I had a very sad dream of him, I even woke up thinking it was true, It was a dream that he died last year, I then remembered that he was alive and well so I forgot about my sad dream, I've been calling him my baby or saying I love him for the past 2 weeks. I love Justin Bieber! He's my baby! I Love Justin Bieber!!!!
  #36  
Old July 17, 2011, 10:51:32 AM
LiteTheIronMan's Avatar
LiteTheIronMan LiteTheIronMan is offline
Shaymin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Final Destination
Posts: 2,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luigi Fletcher View Post
I love Justin Bieber, I love him, I mean it, I hate the way how people are so judgemental against him, I do not like it it offends me and it offends him too, As Ningamer said, He watched Justin Bieber's movie Never Say Never and that changed his opnion about my Bieber, I haven't seen the movie but I want to, My opinion was changed from liking him a bit to absolutely loving him, I will tell you my great story!

This was in fact 2 weeks ago, I had downloaded a MIDI or 'Baby', I played around with it in FL Studio using Pokemon and Super Mario soundfonts, I later thought to myself, "Well, I kinda like the song and he's ok, I'll download the actual song!", I wasn't too keen on Justin Bieber, just enough to download his song, I then listened to it, I did like it, and on Wednesday night my opinion was changing, I wanted to get one of his CDs, I just thought it'd be good, The next day my opinion was changing greatly, I really wanted his CD by then, I downloaded Never Say Never the song that night and by Friday night my opinion was fully changed, I liked him, quite a lot, I even downloaded some pics of him after thinking really hard. Friday was the beginning of a new era. The next day, I remembered I had some magazines with him in them so I dug them out and started reading the articles, that night I started to love him, I even wanted to dream of meeting him, I even added him on YouTube and I am waiting for him to accept my friend request! I even took a pic of him with me to watch Home and Away the Early Years, I even suggested that I'd report any violent, slanderous remarks, allegations and parodies to him, on Thursday I recieved my first Justin Bieber CD Never Say Never: The Remixes, and man does he look sexy on the cover, I was so happy and I haven't even listened to it yet I'm gonna keep it in mint condition, the day after I got another one of his CDs My Worlds, and last night was the worst of all, I had a very sad dream of him, I even woke up thinking it was true, It was a dream that he died last year, I then remembered that he was alive and well so I forgot about my sad dream, I've been calling him my baby or saying I love him for the past 2 weeks. I love Justin Bieber! He's my baby! I Love Justin Bieber!!!!
Oh and people also hate Justin Bieber as an indirect result of coming into contact with his slightly deranged fanbase
  #37  
Old July 17, 2011, 11:46:19 AM
7dewott8's Avatar
7dewott8 7dewott8 is offline
Landorus
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,551
Default

One thing I don't get is why people hate him so much. To hate somthing you have to have a good reason to. If you hate how famose he is, their is one reason. If you hate his music, their is another. If you hate his looks, that is another etc. I mean sheesh, to many people I know in my school hate him for no exact reason.Hahahahaha Justin beibers hair got shaved! Now he has to wear a wig! so If you have no reason to hate him, why hate him? One popular reason is because you just hate teen popstars. Their making too much mony at a young age. I hate fame. Fame isn't very fun. I would rather be sitting on a couch than be famous. I think about it like this: If you are famous, you aren't happy. If you aren't, you are happy. Besides, I like being unfamous.
  #38  
Old July 18, 2011, 06:00:25 AM
hinorashi's Avatar
hinorashi hinorashi is offline
Zoroark
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mahogany Town
Posts: 199
Default

I've never heard of this person before. The first mention I've witnessed was YouTube comments complaining -- and now they're everywhere. After that, I've only noticed one song of his being overplayed, that "baby oh" nonsense. Complaining about this Bieber fellow is some sort of meme. Nobody seems to realise that complaining about him boosts publicity. You have yourselves to thank, general public: you have created a household name. If not for the constant attention he is given, he would have had his 15 minutes of fame from his single hit and fell off into obscurity.

Last edited by hinorashi; July 18, 2011 at 06:03:20 AM.
  #39  
Old July 18, 2011, 06:28:53 AM
Jaredvcxz Jaredvcxz is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,233
Default

Meh, I'd say he's a pretty cool guy. I just like complaining because it's fun. Though it's getting boring now.

But trolling the fans is always an easy laugh. It's sort of like twilight fans except Bieber is an actual person (Who the girls have an equally 0 chance to hook up with).
  #40  
Old July 18, 2011, 12:30:20 PM
mariothecellist's Avatar
mariothecellist mariothecellist is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In your ____, ____ing your ____.
Posts: 366
Default

Before you start to bash me about things, please read my ENTIRE post.

I really don't care about Justin Bieber, I'm just not into his kind of music. Nor am I interested in most kinds of music today (I love classical muisic). The only thing that I don't like about him is his voice. His haters don't like his voice, but my reasons are good.

There are a lot of pop-male singers today that can be classified in the vocal range of a "Tenor." The Tenor is the highest male voice in the choir, Justin Bieber being one of them. However, there are differences between classically trained Tenors and pop-star Tenors.

Here are differences:



Notice how feminine Justin Bieber sounds. If I didn't know better, I would think that he was, in fact, a she. I'm not trying to be rude, but that's just what it sounds like.

Now, skip ahead on this video to 3:04, and watch Placido Domingo, a classically trained Tenor.



(And yes, this is classical music) Notice how he is able to sing high notes, but he has made them sound more masculine, and you can't even tell that they're high. The only reason that I know the notes are high is because I looked at the sheet music.


So, it's not Justin Bieber I don't like, it's pretty much every male pop Tenor out there. But here are my two cents on the issue.

Last edited by mariothecellist; July 18, 2011 at 12:41:33 PM.
  #41  
Old July 18, 2011, 12:52:03 PM
Jaredvcxz Jaredvcxz is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariothecellist View Post
His haters don't like his voice, but my reasons are good.
Your reasons for hating his voice were exactly the same as everyone else's. Don't act so dignified.
  #42  
Old July 18, 2011, 12:56:50 PM
mariothecellist's Avatar
mariothecellist mariothecellist is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In your ____, ____ing your ____.
Posts: 366
Default

Okay, sorry. That's not what I meant. I meant more along the lines of: People hate his voice because he sounds like a girl. I hate his voice because there is a way to make it sound masculine, yet he doesn't take advantage of it (from my point of view).

Or "I hate him" compared to "I hate him because of this."
  #43  
Old July 22, 2011, 02:53:54 AM
Mr. Luigi Fletcher Mr. Luigi Fletcher is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: With Justin Bieber!
Posts: 36
Default Justin Bieber, The King of Pride Rock... I mean R&B!

Okay, Justin Bieber is the best thing that has happened to me, I found out how hard it is for him, paparazzi and the media. After reading and seeing stuff about this I felt so sorry for him, I love him. If you are Australian, then read on, Justin Bieber said in one of my TV Weeks, "I know you faced some hardships over the past few months (Queensland floods, Yasi and other things), I've been thinking of you and praying for you, I can only imagine how difficult its been..." Now, I thanked Justin Bieber for that, I love him even more. So if you are going to be rude and make allegations against him, be prepared to be reported to him. I will report you to him! Oh, yes I agree with Jared for once, the girls will have an equally 0 chance to hook up with him!

Last edited by Mr. Luigi Fletcher; July 22, 2011 at 07:39:58 AM.
  #44  
Old July 22, 2011, 04:57:55 AM
Kaorto Kaorto is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 343
Default

No way I would call Justin Bieber the king of R&B.
  #45  
Old July 22, 2011, 12:07:41 PM
JJ's Avatar
JJ JJ is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luigi Fletcher View Post
So if you are going to be rude and make allegations against him, be prepared to be reported to him.
I'm pretty sure that he's aware that he's hated internationally, so you don't have to. And what's Justin gonna do? E-mail all the people who made immature rude comments about him? I mean seriously, use your head. The chances of him seeing your reports are, erm 0. There's a difference between loving him and obsessing over him. You're obsessing over him. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if you became his stalker.

As for my opinion of him, he sucks. And I listen to SNSD, so that's saying something.
  #46  
Old July 22, 2011, 12:08:16 PM
Shiny Shiny is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,529
Default

Honestly, Justin Bieber's alright. I only hate him because some of his fans are psycho. You can say something bad, or even imply it and they go crazy on you.
  #47  
Old July 22, 2011, 02:06:38 PM
Jaredvcxz Jaredvcxz is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,233
Default

This is starting to become a flamewar between users. Cool down a bit.
  #48  
Old July 22, 2011, 02:32:23 PM
Shiny Shiny is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,529
Default

I'm sorry if it seemed like I directed that statement at a certain user. I was directing it at not one person, but a group of fans who are absolute fangirl crazy for him, and consider Bieber their life.
  #49  
Old July 22, 2011, 06:51:39 PM
11Trident11's Avatar
11Trident11 11Trident11 is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Note: Please refrain from typing one or two sentenced posts. This is the Serious Debate, so more serious posts should be there.

Anyway, by looking at the main reason of why Bieber is hated that much by boys, then it is because of his voice and attitude. He acts like a girl, and since he is surprisingly 17, yet never reached puberty, he gets even more hatred. Now personally, I am not a big fan of his music. In fact, I hate all of his songs. In terms of a person, I always judge a boy on how boyish he acts. This Bieber is too indulged: the way he moves his hands or speaks is too much. I am not saying that I am right, but it is my judgement that if a boy is too indulged and too girly, he becomes despicable.
You take the words right out of my mouth. Three things to add to that though. One he can't say a sentance without saying like. Two, he gets too much positive attention from the media. (Always saying he is talented.) And three he's worse than miley cyrus, lindsay lohan, and debateably rebbeca black.
  #50  
Old July 22, 2011, 07:29:20 PM
LiteTheIronMan's Avatar
LiteTheIronMan LiteTheIronMan is offline
Shaymin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Final Destination
Posts: 2,908
Default

Also, one tool-ish thing Bieber did was that interview he had about his opinion on rape or whatever, when he said that "everything happens for a reason"?

Bieber's also got a tendency to do/say stupid things like that, which is another reason I dislike him. He's not a very intelligible being. (Intelligible, not intelligent.)
  #51  
Old July 22, 2011, 08:28:26 PM
Mr. Luigi Fletcher Mr. Luigi Fletcher is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: With Justin Bieber!
Posts: 36
Default I've had a Gutfull of this!

Alright! As I said in my previous post, Justin Bieber is the best thing that's ever happened to me, he made me a whole new person! I love him and that's all there is to it!

I won't be reporting this to him, because it's a debate, But, please stop being so mean and cruel! For Pete's sake people, leave Justin alone, He's my baby!

Last edited by Mr. Luigi Fletcher; July 22, 2011 at 08:32:59 PM.
  #52  
Old July 22, 2011, 08:37:06 PM
Kaorto Kaorto is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 343
Default

Mods, please close this thread NOW!
  #53  
Old July 22, 2011, 09:12:27 PM
LiteTheIronMan's Avatar
LiteTheIronMan LiteTheIronMan is offline
Shaymin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Final Destination
Posts: 2,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luigi Fletcher View Post
Alright! As I said in my previous post, Justin Bieber is the best thing that's ever happened to me, he made me a whole new person! I love him and that's all there is to it!

I won't be reporting this to him, because it's a debate, But, please stop being so mean and cruel! For Pete's sake people, leave Justin alone, He's my baby!
gtfo my fontface

also you're delusional and you don't make sense

if you continue to post comments such as these in this thread and on mine and other people's profiles, I will begin dealing out infractions for harassment

also this thread was stupid as is because there's not much of a debate about any of this; like hell I'm locking it, the people posting just need to lrn2genre
  #54  
Old July 23, 2011, 05:13:32 AM
Jaredvcxz Jaredvcxz is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,233
Default

I'll be the good mod and close this, then.
 
Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Victory Road ©2006 - 2018, Scott Cat333Pokémon Cheney
Theme by A'bom and Cat333Pokémon