Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 12, 2014, 06:13:47 AM
Kyurem

Default [SPOILERS] Two More Mega Evolutions Surface

The official Korean Pokémon website accidentally displayed two more Mega Evolutions, and promptly removed them. However, the team at Serebii.net has already gathered the information and has the details of the newest Mega Evolutions in the lineup.

The first of the two is Mega Slowbro. It retains its Water/Psychic typing and its ability is Shell Armor. Its Defense and Special Attack are notably increased, suiting it for long, drawn-out battles. Energy is focused into the Shellder on Slowbro's tail, causing it to expand and to become an impenetrable suit of armor. Mega Slowbro has to thus balance itself on its tail and spring itself around to move.

The second of the two is the first Unova Pokémon to receive a Mega Evolution, Mega Audino. Its type changes to Normal/Fairy and it retains its old ability Healer. Its Defense and Special Defense are notably increased to enhance its Double/Triple Battle abilities. The healing pulses from its body can break the will of any fighter and put them at ease. It is said that any Pokémon that comes in contact with its hand will fall into a deep sleep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f2WeOy5.png
Views:	594
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	6322Click image for larger version

Name:	jF9LVvL.png
Views:	585
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	6323

Update: Partial screenshots of the Korean Pokémon website have been found, after I did a little digging.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_na6rxgkPxj1tuj7jlo2_1280.png
Views:	615
Size:	400.1 KB
ID:	6324Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_na6rxgkPxj1tuj7jlo4_1280.png
Views:	599
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	6325

Source: Serebii.net

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; August 12, 2014 at 06:38:33 AM.
Old August 12, 2014, 06:28:50 AM
Volcarona

Not too happy with these
Old August 12, 2014, 06:47:20 AM
Kyurem

Okay, now that I've had some time to process them (the first thing that came to mind when I saw them was to, well, upload them) I'd like to say this...Mega Slowbro looks really freakin' silly, but I feel like with Slowbro, that's the whole point. Now, if this had been Mega Slowking and it had looked really silly like this, I would not have liked it. Sure, it's a bit of a lazy design approach, but Mega Slowbro really hits Slowbro's apparent...dullness well. Also, Mega Audino is absolutely adorable and no one can prove me otherwise.

On a competitive battling level, however, these might just be the most ineffectual Mega Evolutions of all time. Mega Slowbro will probably want to run Regenerator over Shell Armor about 100% of the time, and Mega Audino, while trying to promote Doubles/Triples, does so in a way that really doesn't take it a step up from regular Audino. Had Audino been given Regenerator instead, perhaps it could be a more bulky Pokémon in higher tier placement, but alas, it gets Healer.

Overall: Nice designs, terrible competitive standing. I would not be using either of these in battle, but they certainly are nice-looking.
Old August 12, 2014, 08:10:15 AM
Giratina

I like the designs but c'mon, why the abilities? I mean Slowbro's is fitting, but Audino would've been better if it retained Regenerator. Slowbro too!
Old August 12, 2014, 08:33:26 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
I like the designs but c'mon, why the abilities? I mean Slowbro's is fitting, but Audino would've been better if it retained Regenerator. Slowbro too!
So true.
Old August 12, 2014, 09:16:49 AM

At least Slowbro looks more like a hermit crab....oh what am I saying, it looks like a 2-year old drew it. :x

At least Mega Audino looks appealing, but that ability is going to ruin it. Why couldn't both of them get good abilities like all of the other megas? :<
Old August 12, 2014, 10:10:09 AM
Rayquaza

I like them.

Masuda is probably going to reveal gong to reveal these at games on this week

Last edited by Magmaster12; August 12, 2014 at 10:11:19 AM.
Old August 12, 2014, 10:32:00 AM
Charizard

I like the designs. Like Audino's mega design more so than Slowbro's, but they're both alright. The stat increases will definitely make both more sturdy, but no more leftovers for Slowbro.

But I share the same sentiment towards the abilities. Different abilities could have made them more viable. >.>

Last edited by Pokemanmdj; August 12, 2014 at 10:32:14 AM.
Old August 12, 2014, 01:42:16 PM
Keldeo

Slowbro ain't my favorite, but Mega Audino . . . oh God, why. This is the first Unova Mega they've revealed, couldn't they have used something that was at least a little bit cool? At least it wasn't a Garbodor. . .

But yeah. We've already got one pillow, why do we need another one? Why'd they give it an ability that is only a little useful, some times, in multi battles? gdi, Game Freak.
Old August 12, 2014, 02:40:51 PM
Volcarona

The only thing I can imagine looking at M-Slowbro is the poor thing asking for help while the better megas like Tyranitar and Blastoise are failing to hold in their giggles. It looks like the end result of a cruel, convoluted prank.
Old August 12, 2014, 06:06:02 PM
Regigigas

Yeah, I don't see these guys being used competitively much or at all. Those abilities.. Just, meh.
Old August 12, 2014, 08:41:31 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
Yeah, I don't see these guys being used competitively much or at all. Those abilities.. Just, meh.
Exactly, awful competitive megas. However, if these are obtainable through the story, I might use it for that. It would've been better if M-Slowbro got Iron Barbs or if M-Audino got Cute Charm. I can imagine them making good RU/UU mons though.