Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Fan Fiction and Literature

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 7, 2011, 03:47:03 PM
Keldeo

Default On the Wings of a dream: A Megaman.EXE story.

A young boy, seemingly about fourteen years old wakes up, and looks out of the window. He had brown hair, brown eyes, and wore yellow pants and a yellow jacket. On the table beside his bed, was a pair of headphones, black, with a Wing symbol on the side. Next to the headphones, a yellow PErsonal Terminal, or PET for short, the screen blank, and next to that.. His computer. He had a new email! "Better check this out!" he cried, running to collect his headphones, and PET. His PET was the Advance model, a phone-like thing, with an infra-red beam, to 'Jack In' a Net Navi.. If he had one. He then sat down, and clicked on his inbox. It was an email from his father. "Gareth. I know you have been wanting a navi for ages.. And i have finally convinced Doctor Hikari to make one for you. His name is Wingman.EXE. Plug your PET into the computer, with the USB slot, and download him, will you?" the email read. The boy did as the email commanded, and plugged in PET into the computer. In about ten minutes, his PET beeped, and the figure of a boy, in yellow armour, and gold wings, appeared on the screen. "Wingman. Ready to rock!" the strange boy said. Gareth stared at the screen. "..Are you.. My navi?" he asked, to which the winged boy replied, "Yes indeedy! Wingman.EXE. Your Net Navi, and new best buddy!"
Old August 8, 2011, 01:56:10 PM
Keldeo

Gareth stared at the navi some more, then slapped himself, thinking he was still asleep. "..Nope. It's real. YESSSSSSSSS!" the boy yelled, jumping up.. And hitting a tree-like thing in his room, knocking it over, the object breaking into several pieces. "Oops. Oh well, i didn't need that tree look alike anyway." he laughed, before picking up his PET, running downstairs, and jacking the navi into the TV. "Jack in, Wingman.EXE, Execute!" he yelled, mimicking Lan Hikari, one of his school friends that had moved away to Central Town. The whole class, 5-A, had gone to see him off. Gareth was no exception. Although, Sam and Evie weren't in school, as they were sick. Sam was his blonde haired friend, who had the navi Shadowman, a navi resembling a Ninja. Sam was, as always, at Gareth's door. "Wazzap, Gazza?!" Sam yelled, running inside when Gareth answered the door. "Oh nothin' much, Sam. My dad finally got Dr. Hikari to make me navi! Oh yeah.. And Lan left for Central town.. In Cyber City. His old house is being put on sale, and apparently, there's a guy called Connect, or something, who wants to buy it. I wonder what Connect is like!" Gareth replied, pointing to his PET, on the table infront of the TV. "I jacked my navi, Wingman, into the TV. We can Netbat-" he was cut off by a knock. "Hello? It's Evie.. Can i come in?" A female voice shouted, from outside. "Yeah, sure!" Gareth called, and in came a girl with brown hair, wearing a green dress. This was his other friend, Evie. Her navi was called Heart, and was Wood-Recovery elemental. Heart resembled a girl in green armour, with a green helmet, with a pale green heart on the front, and a blue visor. She also had blonde hair, and had a habit of giggling every so often. "C'mon Evie! Jack me in! I wanna see this Wingman dude! Heheheheh! He sounds so cool.." the female navi shouted, from inside Evie's green Advance PET. Shadowman also decided to say something, "..Master Sam, shall i go in as well?"

Last edited by Roxas; August 10, 2011 at 05:36:14 AM. Reason: Changed Cableman to Shadowman.
Old August 9, 2011, 01:58:28 PM
Keldeo

Sam smirked, before Jacking In Shadowman, and laughing. "Betcha Shadowman's cooler than your boring navi, Gary!" Gareth simply glared at Sam, before pulling out his pack of Battle Chips he got given for his birthday, by his cousin. They were rather weak.. But they would do. "Master Sam. Something is here, a winged boy.. And.. Oh my word." he stopped, looking at Wingman, who was darting around in the TV, "WAAAAAAAH HOOOOOOO!" the winged boy yelled, with a giant smile. "Heart, be careful.." Evie told her own navi, who now saw Wingman. "Hey good lookin'!" Wingman smiled, flying past the green navi. "Wingman, cut it out." Gareth snapped, before turning to Sam. "Hey Sam. I bet Wingman could take out Shadowman, in a Netbattle. So, you up for one?" Sam nodded, pulling out his Pack of battle Chips. Lucky for Gareth, Sam had forgotten to bring Shadowman's Navi Chip, just his Mega Chip. "Tell ya what. If you can beat me, i'll give you Shadowman's Mega Chip." Gareth grinned, before nodding, "Wingman, fly over to that ninja, and get ready for battle!"
Old August 10, 2011, 05:34:35 AM
Keldeo

"Roger dat. Over and out." Wingman laughed, before flying over to Shadowman. "Yo, Sterny-Ninja. Ready to get your stealthy butt kicked?" the winged boy taunted, before firing a couple of wings at Shadowman. "Widesword, battlechip in, Download!" Gareth slotted in Widesword, and his navi slashed at Shadowman with the sword, however, Shadowman dodged with ease, before countering with Hi-Cannon. "Wingman'll be in for a shock. Get 'em!" Sam smiled, but then frowned, when the Hi-Cannon missed. "Shadowman, what are you..?" Sam noticed something odd about his navi, who turned to Heart, and shot a blast out of the Hi-Cannon, at her, then seemed to go wild, slashing and shooting both Wingman and Heart. "A bug in the Navicust System, Sam. That's what's wrong." Dr. Hikari, through the phone feature, said, through Sam's PET. "I may be in Cyber City, but i can still keep an eye on each of you. Now, Sam. There's a bug in how you customized Shadowman. Wingman, Heart, watch out. When he fires the Hi-Cannon, fire at his chest. That is his weak spot, for the moment." Dr. Hikari continued. Heart watched for Shadowman firing the Hi-Cannon, and Wingman fired his Wing-Buster at Shadowman's Chest, causing the navi to groan in pain. "GRAAAAAAAAAAH!" Shadowman yelled, Jacking Out. Dr. Hikari then seemed to edit how Sam had customized Shadowman, making sure there were no bugs. "If there is anything you need, just call me." And with that, Dr. Hikari dropped the connection.
Old August 11, 2011, 04:21:02 AM
Keldeo

"And here i thought i was making my navi stronger. Sorry Shadowman.." Sam seemed sad that he had accidently hurt his navi, and handed Gareth and Evie Shadowman's Mega Chip. "Here. Take these. Ya never know when ya might need Shadowman's help for just a second." Just then, a man came into the room, wearing a yellow jacket, resembling Baryl from Battle Network 5. "..Hmph. And these are friends of Lan Hikari's." he laughed. "..Who let this kook in?" Sam asked, while Evie bowed, and Gareth growled. "If you wanna insult us, then either do it after we Netbattle you, or don't do it when we're around." the brown haired boy replied to the man. "..I am looking for strong Netbattlers, for a team, to Liberate the net." "Like what happened last month?" Sam had heard about a team of ace netbattlers liberating the Net from Nebula. "Yes. Similar. Go to Scilab if you're interested. My 'friend' Daniel and his partner Lucaria will be waiting." and with that, the man jumped out of a window. "Y'know, you could have just used the door!" Gareth called after him, annoyed. "Let's go to Scilab, and see this Daniel guy, and this Lucaria person." Gareth turned to his friends, before walking out, and down the road to the Metroline.. But someone stood in the way of the Metroline, a man in a thick blue jacket. "..Yes sir. Lucaria has left Scilab? ..Hmm.." he seemed to have a slight german accent, and had a blue PET. On his jacket, was the logo of his navi. A circle, with an icicle in the center.
Old August 12, 2011, 12:49:04 PM
Keldeo

Gareth, Sam and Evie all ran out of Gareth's house, and continued running until they reached the Metroline, which was close to Higsby's Chip Shop, and near Mayl Sakurai, a girl suspected to have a crush on Lan, 's house. However, the Metroline was blocked by the strange man, in the jacket. "Yo. Mind moving, man?" Sam asked, but the man in the jacket said nothing. "I said, MIND MOVING, MAN?!" Sam yelled, annoyed that the man did not reply. "..I will move later. I have thing to do." the man finally replied. "I am Connec. Frostman is my navi." he added, showing the children his ice-blue PET, with a blue screen. However, Frostman seemed to be looking at something, and was unable to be seen. "Better wait.. Say.. Should we vist Higsby, and Mayl?" Gareth asked, pointing to the chip shop and Mayl's house. "..Okay.." Evie nodded, and Sam nodded as well, "Then it's settled." the boy with headphones then ran over to Higsby's shop, and opened the doors. "Hey guys, huh!" the shopkeeper, a tall man with messy brown hair, otherwise known as Higsby, called, when the three children entered his shop. "I'm having a sale. Buy the Megaman M Mega Chip, and i'll give you another chip, for free!" the tall man added, pointing to the Mega Chip in question. "I'll buy three of them, and.. I'd like.. Hmm. M-Cannon A, M-Cannon B, and M-Cannon C, for the free chips." Gareth replied, getting out his wallet. "400,000 Zennys, please, huh!" Higsby smiled, "You sure you have enough?" he added, but Gareth simply smiled. "Yup. 500,000 Zennys. The other 100,000 can be to pay for that Anti-Damage D chip i've always wanted." Higsby was surprised, but fished the chips out, and handed them to the brown haired boy. "Yoo hoo. Yo, Sam, Evie, I got you two some gifts." he then threw a Megaman M Mega Chip at each of them, before walking out of the shop, grinning to himself. The Zennys he had given Higsby were, of course, fake, but very, very realistic.
Old August 13, 2011, 03:07:41 PM
Keldeo

Sam and Evie stared at Gareth, amazed. "Since when did you have so much money, Gazza?" Sam asked, putting the Megaman M chip into his Folder, and equiping it. "Oh, let's just say, my Dad got a raise." Gareth lied. He wasn't gonna reveal that the Zennys were fake, and probably never would. Connec had gone away from the Metroline entrance.. Then popped up behind the children. "Boo." he whispered, making the kids jump. "EEEEEEEEEK!" Evie screamed, and slapped Connec. The german-sounding man growled, before sighing. "Dat hurt, Evie." he moaned, before checking his PET. Frostman, a ice-blue humanoid navi, resembling Freezeman.EXE from Battle Network Two, except covered with thick blue jackets, similar to Connec's, was pointing to something, in the network. Then opened up a Email from 'Ice'. "Connec. Head to Yoka, and jack into the Hot Springs. Patrick and Starman are waiting. Do not keep them waiting." he hid the screen when Sam tried peeking at his screen, and walked off. "Got to go." he simply said, graduly getting faster and faster, as he headed for the Metroline. "What a weirdo." Sam remarked. "Off to Mayl's place!" Gareth anouced, before starting to walk towards the pink house next to Lan's old house, the home of Lan's future wife, Mayl Sakurai. "Yes?" Mayl answered the door, when they knocked, "We were wondering if we could talk to Lan, through your computer. You ARE the only one with his PET Number, after all. We wanted to give him our numbers, 'kay?" Gareth told Mayl, before running inside, and up to the girl's room. Evie facepalmed, "Sorry.." she told Mayl, who laughed. "Reminds me of Lan. You can go talk to him.. But Megaman's apparently ill, and can't talk."
Old August 14, 2011, 01:13:49 PM
Keldeo

Gareth had already opened up a connection to Lan's PET. "Yo, man! How's Central Town? Having fun yet?" he asked Lan, who tilted his head. "..Gareth? What are you doing on Mayl's PC?" "It doesn't matter. Just answer my question. Oh yeah, and i wanted to give you my PET's number." Gareth then read out his PET's phone number, Lan noting down the numbers, then giving Gareth his number. "Megaman.. Oh yeah. Have you heard of the Link Navi system?" Lan seemed to be really excited about telling his old friends from ACDC about the Link Navi system. "Nope." Gareth replied, and Lan explained it. "So. D'you want Megaman as your first Link Navi? He's recovering from the 'illness'." Gareth nodded, "Then.. Here you go!" Lan gave Gareth a copy of Megaman's data, so that he could switch navis to Megaman, if he wanted. Sam and Evie then entered the room, obtained Megaman as a Link Navi, and gave each other their navis as Link Navis. Lan obtained Wingman, Shadowman and Heart, Gareth obtained Heart, Shadowman and Megaman, Sam obtained Wingman, Megaman and Heart, and Evie obtained Wingman, Megaman and Shadowman. "Oh, and here's our numbers." Lan, Evie and Sam exchanged PET phone numbers, and for some reason, the connection began to break. "Lan! Laaaaan!" Mayl had come in, and seen the connection go. She then Emailed his ACDC inbox, and gave him the Roll R Mega Chip. "Thanks for letting us talk to Lan, Mayl." Sam thanked her, and the three children, Gareth, Sam and Evie left Mayl's house.
Old August 14, 2011, 03:27:19 PM
Keldeo

..This time, when they went to the Metroline, a boy and girl were blocking the way. "We wanna get through!" Sam yelled at them, but the boy shook his head. "We're closing the metroline, for now. We've got a tip-off that an Omega operator is gonna head through here, to Yoka." the girl replied. Both of the children were wearing OFFICAL badges. "Yo, kids! You wanna netbattle?!" the girl's navi yelled, "The name's Blaze! Her name's Lucaria, and the guy's called Daniel. His navi is called Colonel!" a female navi, wearing red armour, popped up on each of the children's PETs. Navis had a special thing that let them vist other PETs for a little while. "Nah." Sam shook his head.. But then, behind them, a familiar voice boomed. "Children. Come over here. To the park." It was the voice of the man that resembled Baryl. "..I will test you here. Blonde haired boy, you're up first. You have gotten a couple of Link Navis, correct? Time to put them to the test. Pick your favorite Link Navi, and Jack Into the squirrel Comp." Sam selected Megaman, and Jacked Into the Squirrel Comp. "Find my navi, a black navi, with a cloak." the man commanded. Megaman looked around, "..Hey, Sam.. I think i know who he's talking about. I'll find him." Megaman then ran off, into the deep parts of the computer, and, as he knew, at the end of the computer, was a Navi resembling Colonel, however, it couldn't be Colonel, as Daniel's navi was Colonel. "Well done." the navi told him, "I am Sigma, Rifle's navi."
Old August 15, 2011, 02:20:40 PM
Keldeo

"Sigma.." Megaman stared at him, "Sigma, get ready for battle." Rifle, the man, commanded, the navi nodding. "Don't underestimate your opponent, Megaman! He seems strong!" Lan opened a Chat window, and watched the battle, using his PET's Watch Battle command. "Sam, you had better Operate Megaman well, or else!" the brown haired boy commanded. Sam nodded, and got out his Battle Chips. He had Shadowman's Mega Chip, and had won Heart's, some time before Lan moved away. "Get ready, Sigma! You too, Rifle! I'm gonna beat you!" Sam laughed, before slotting in M-Cannon. Megaman obtained the cannon, and fired at Sigma, who simply dodged. Megaman fired the cannon again, and hit Sigma, in the face. Needless to say, Sigma was not happy. Rifle slotted in Sigma's Navi Chip, and the navi attacked Megaman, repeatedly, with a sword that glowed as he slashed. Megaman was forced to Jack Out, due to this. "..Sam.. You tried your best.." Megaman told the boy, as he Jacked Out. "Boy with headphones, you're up next. Use your own navi, and fight Sigma." Rifle commanded, and Gareth Jacked In Wingman.
Old August 17, 2011, 01:33:03 AM
Keldeo

Wingman flew around the Squirrel Comp, searching for Sigma. He finally found the navi, and flew over to him. "Yo, ugly, you ready to get beaten?" Wingman taunted. Gareth slotted in the three M-Cannon chips, and created a Program Advance. Zeta Cannon3. "Get ready to meet your maker!" Wingman smiled, and became cloaked in an invisible aura. He then fired M-Cannons at Sigma, which hit him repeatedly, dealing heavy damage.. Then the timer ran out for the Cannons. Sigma fired at him, before the aura disappeared, but the aura neutralized the shot. "Let's finish this!" Gareth smiled, as well, before slotting in Anti-Damage D, and Vulcan2 D. Wingman fired a ten shot vulcan cannon at Sigma, who quickly countered with his Navi Chip, the insanely fast slashes came.. But Wingman disappeared, a doll appearing where he had stood. "Too slow, dummy!" the navi then threw a shurikin at Sigma, and Deleted him. Rifle blinked, but then installed a Sigma Backup onto his PET, reviving Sigma. "..You have done well." both the navi and operator said, "..Girl, you are up next."
Old August 19, 2011, 12:54:10 PM
Keldeo

Evie shook her head. "I don't want to fight.." Rifle then grabbed her PET, and Jacked Heart In, "Hey!.." Evie tried to stop him, but failed. "..Nnnn.. I guess i'll have to try my best.. Heart, get ready.." she slotted in a CurseShield2 C chip, a giant shield with a very scary face appearing infront of her navi. Sigma tried slashing at it, but the shield rushed at him, biting the navi's arm off. "NOM NOM NOM!" the shield yelled, laughing as it devoured the arm, then disappeared. Sigma was not pleased. "..I HATE CURSESHIELDS." the navi yelled, going berserk. He fired the Sigma-Buster at Heart, who kept dodging each hit, before going up close to counter Sigma's attacks with a Heart Sword. This attack seemed to drain HP from Sigma, and within a couple of attacks, Sigma was down and out. "..You can be a back-up member of the Secret Holy Omega Resistance Team, or SHORT, for short." Rifle told Evie, as she Jacked Out her navi. "I don't want to be part of 'SHORT'." she told him, before running into the Metroline Station, crying. "..Look what you've gone and done." Sam sighed, as Sam and Gareth followed Evie.
Old August 21, 2011, 07:40:53 AM
Keldeo

Evie bought three tickets to the Caves of Mates, and handed one to each of her friends, still crying. "I've heard.. This place is fun.." she whispered, as she handed them their tickets. Rifle entered the station, and boarded a random train, with a S on the side. Connec could also be seen getting on a train, which was going to the Caves of Mates. It appeared that there was also an orange haired boy with him, boarding the train too. Behind Gareth, Sam, and Evie, was a girl, dressed in a gray shirt, with black hair and black eyes. "..Hello there.." she smiled. This girl went to their school! She was one of the most popular girls, Alice.. But she didn't seem to have a navi. Just a PET with no navi. "Could i come with you three?.. I sorta.. Got dumped by my boyfriend, and i'm a bit lonely.." Sam nodded, "Sure! You can come with us, Alice~" he replied. Sam seemed to have a crush on Alice, but he'd never admit it.
Old August 23, 2011, 02:55:02 AM
Keldeo

Alice nodded, pulling out her ticket. It was to the Caves of Mates, just like the trio. Sam silently went YES!~ when he saw this, but tried to keep calm. The train the four children were going to go on arrived, and they boarded said train as quickly as possible, so that they could get seats near eachother. Sadly, Gareth ended up near the back of the train, Alice and Sam were in the front, and Evie was in the middle of the train. "Jeeez. Humans are so unorganized." Wingman grinned, "Shaddap, Wingman." Gareth replied, annoyed.
Old August 25, 2011, 03:38:19 AM
Keldeo

Just then, Gareth's PET Phone rang. "Y'ello?" Gareth asked, "..We are watching you. Move a step, and we will Delete your friend's Navi. We have placed a corruption Program inside of Heart.EXE. *HACK HACK HACK* Jesus. I hat- Oh heck, it's still on!" the person hung up. Gareth sighed, before Emailing Evie, telling her what had happened.
Sam and Alice sat down together, in a small room. "So, Alice.. Umm.." Sam couldn't work up the courage to tell Alice how he felt.
Evie got Gareth's Email, and checked the NaviCust. Oddly enough, there was a large yellow program, called DEVIL.BAT, inside Heart. "..Devil.BAT? How odd." she removed the program, and sighed. Her phone then rang. "..Hello?" she asked, "*HACK HACK HACK* We are watching you, now. You are all in danger. We have placed a bomb inside of a cabin, but which one? Better hurry and find it~" the person hung up.
Old September 8, 2011, 10:35:28 AM
Keldeo

Evie facepalmed, before pushing past a couple of people, "..Could you MOVE?!" she yelled, slowly getting annoyed. Two big bulky men stood in her way, grinning, with the bomb. "Netbattle us, kiddo." they both pushed her to the ground, and forced her to Jack Into the bomb, two large navis standing in Heart's way. "We're your opponents! Get ready to be DELETED!" they grinned, before aiming a M-Cannon at her, with no mercy. Luckily, Evie got up in time, and used Guard3, to send the M-Cannon shots back at the navis, PLUS a large shockwave, that seemed to do a heck load of Damage to the Navis. "RIGHT ARM, LEFT ARM, LEFT LEG. APPROACHING DESTRUCTION." the two men's PETs beeped, showing that their navis had taken critical damage. They Jacked Out, and fled.
Old September 12, 2011, 11:48:53 AM
Volcarona

"Wow, some trippy stuff's goin' on down there, eh PyroWoman?" Firo asked his Navi. She replied with," It sure is. Navi's being destroyed, all the excitement's down there." "Then why don't we go?!" "Sure." Firo ran to the park and slid down a hill, and approached a crowd. "Heh, it's SHOWTIME!" He screamed enthusiastically.
Old September 12, 2011, 12:30:00 PM
Keldeo

(..Uhh, Firo.. This is the STORY version of the thing, not the RP. But whatever. You may post as yourself on 'ere. It'll help me out.)

A boy pushed Firo, and grinned, "Hey, kiddo. You should go to the Cave of Mates with dat girlfriend 'a yours. I've heard the ACDC trio have gone there."
Old September 12, 2011, 12:33:39 PM
Volcarona

"Girlfriend. Well, that's my Navi, PyroWoman! Say hello!" "Hey!" The boy looked confused.
Old September 12, 2011, 12:44:01 PM
Keldeo

The boy growled for a second, before pulling out his PET. "I'm Zack! My navi is called Unova! Say hello, Unova!" his navi was a basic NormalNavi.
Old September 12, 2011, 12:49:27 PM
Volcarona

"...Netbattle? You up for it, Pyro?" "Sure!" Firo readies his battle stance.
Old September 12, 2011, 12:59:00 PM
Keldeo

Unova, inside Zack's PET sighed, "You're new to NetBattling, aren'tcha? I ain't in da mood to fight." Zack then walked away, and shouted at Unova.

Gareth was forced to stop at the park, as the train was too full for him to stay on it. He spotted Firo and PyroWoman, and let WingMan go into a CopyBot, "..Whoa. You look awesome, WingMan!" Gareth smiled, before running over to Firo. "Yo!" The MetroLine Train Station was right by the park.
Old September 12, 2011, 01:04:11 PM
Volcarona

"Hello, um... what's you're name?" Firo asked. "I belive I've seen him in the Net before. Gareth and WingMan.EXE, correct?" PryoWoman said. "
Old September 13, 2011, 08:02:29 AM
Keldeo

"..Oh, so you saw me when i was NetBattling Sam and Shadowman earlier! Yeah, i'm Gareth, and my navi's WingMan.EXE. How about you?" Gareth laughed.
Old September 13, 2011, 11:46:30 AM
Volcarona

"I'm Firo David Alvada-Contselli the 5th. But you can call me Firo, and my Navi, PyroWoman!"
Old September 16, 2011, 10:19:06 AM
Keldeo

"PyroWoman.. Cool. Looks really HOT." WingMan laughed, flapping his wings. He couldn't attack while in a CopyBot, but he sure the hell could fly. He flew up, grabbed Gareth, Firo and PyroWoman, and flew off, towards the Cave Of Mates NetBattle center. Sadly, he let them down outside the center, before the battery of the CopyBot ran out, and he was forced back into Gareth's PET. Sam and Alice giggled when they saw Gareth, Firo and PyroWoman, "Yo, Garry, who's your friend?" Sam called, pointing to Firo.