Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 29, 2011, 11:45:40 AM
Joltik

Default Team rating

I just recently started HG/SS and have made a team to beat the game then to use for competetive battling. The team is as follows.
Feraligatr
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Swords Dance
Earthquake

Crobat
Sludge Bomb
Roost
Super Fang
U-turn

Ampharos
Rain Dance
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Focus Blast

Forretress
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball
Earthquake

Umbreon
Dark Pulse
Payback
Toxic
Moonlight

Miltank
Body Slam
Milk Drink
Stealth Rock
Heal Beal

Also, Im new Here so any help around the forums would be appreciated
Old August 29, 2011, 01:19:06 PM
Haxorus

What are the EVS? Miltank? Stats? /two/ pokemon in OU?

It's hard to judge your team if you don't provide us with an /in depth/ team.
Old August 29, 2011, 01:32:27 PM
Haxorus

First, welcome to VR

Secondly, you should post the natures, hold items, and EV spreads for each of your Pokemon. It will help the other people trying to rate your team.

If you want a team to beat the game AND to battle competitively, you're probably going to want to make two seperate teams, one to beat the game (which any team, including this one, is fine) and one for competing. Once you beat the game, you have more area of the game at your disposal, making it easier to REALLY fine tune your Pokemon.

As for your team, here are my thoughts:

Feraligatr- Replace Waterfall with Surf. Seems like you have Special moves on it. Waterfall is Physical, whereas Surf is Special (and stonger).

Crobat- Replace U-Turn with a powerful poison move. I think Toxic might work.

I don't like Thunder Wave on Ampharos, but I don't like the move in general.

Maybe Bite or Crunch on Umbreon.

As for the others, I'm not sure. I'm also not sure about if what I suggested for some Pokemon is possible, as I'm not the most experienced battler, but these are my thoughts.

Other users: Please feel free to correct me on anything if I'm wrong.
Old August 29, 2011, 03:45:37 PM
Joltik

here are the evs/ natures
Feraligatr: physical sweeper
Nature:adamant
EVs: 4 Hp 252 Atk 252 Spe
Crobat:mixed attacker
Nature:naughty
Evs: 252 Atk 252 Spa 4 Spe
Ampharos: Rain dancer/paralyzer
Nature:modest
Evs 4Hp 252 Spa 252 Spd
Forretress:Spiker/physical wall
Nature:naughty
EVs 252 Hp 4 Atk 252 Def
Umbreon:Special Sweeper
Nature:modest
Evs 252 Def 4 Spe 252 Spa
miltank:special wall/annoyer
Nature:Gentle
Evs 252 Hp 4 Def 252 Spa

hold items are as follows
feraligatr:life orb
crobat:leftovers
ampharos:leftovers
forretress:shed skin
umbreon choice band
miltank:leftovers

Last edited by Ningamer; August 29, 2011 at 03:51:08 PM. Reason: Merge: Double post
Old September 6, 2011, 08:12:10 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariothecellist View Post
First, welcome to VR

Secondly, you should post the natures, hold items, and EV spreads for each of your Pokemon. It will help the other people trying to rate your team.

If you want a team to beat the game AND to battle competitively, you're probably going to want to make two seperate teams, one to beat the game (which any team, including this one, is fine) and one for competing. Once you beat the game, you have more area of the game at your disposal, making it easier to REALLY fine tune your Pokemon.

As for your team, here are my thoughts:

Feraligatr- Replace Waterfall with Surf. Seems like you have Special moves on it. Waterfall is Physical, whereas Surf is Special (and stonger).

Crobat- Replace U-Turn with a powerful poison move. I think Toxic might work.

I don't like Thunder Wave on Ampharos, but I don't like the move in general.

Maybe Bite or Crunch on Umbreon.

As for the others, I'm not sure. I'm also not sure about if what I suggested for some Pokemon is possible, as I'm not the most experienced battler, but these are my thoughts.

Other users: Please feel free to correct me on anything if I'm wrong.
Not to be rude, but ignore all of this. It does not apply competitively whatsoever. Surf is horrible on Feraligatr since it has a far more impressive Attack stat AND a way to boost it. Since Crobat relies on Speed and scouting, U-Turn is imperative on it. Toxic won't be doing squat, since there are far more bulky Pokemon that can use it. You were on the right track with suggesting the Thunder Wave drop, since Ampharos should be taking advantage of its bulk to either set up Safeguard or either of the screens.

Umbreon should NOT be running two attacking moves, ones with the same type no less. Drop Dark Pulse and put in Taunt, since most of the only usable moves Umbreon gets are from egg moves, and I am sure you don't want to re-breed one. (and if you do, then I would consider re-breeding a whole different team that is more usable competitively) In the meantime, though, Taunt should work well enough over Dark Pulse. The other moves are fine, as far as Umbreon goes. Also, do not use Choice Band on Umbreon. That choice is beyond horrible and I am not sure how you came to the decision to use an item that boosts physical moves when you only had one to begin with. Use Leftovers instead, since Umbreon should be walling at all costs.

Forretress and Miltank look fine to me, since the sets they are running are pretty standard for Gen. 4.

Many of the problems that arise with this team are things that would involve having to breed an entirely new Pokemon for. For example, Modest Umbreon won't be helping much, and Bold or Calm are much more useful natures to have. Same goes for Crobat, who would ideally be running Brave Bird over Sludge Bomb and be in control of a Jolly nature.

So yeah, there are more points of info I want to give, but a lot of it has to do with things like moves, natures, and EVs, most of which are impossible for you to achieve without re-breeding. If you are willing to do so, then say so, because there is much I could suggest for this team. In the meantime, though, I have said just about all that I can.
Old September 14, 2011, 04:44:23 AM
Joltik

thanks alakazamaster! I am thinking of possibly rebreeding the entire team for ivs, evs and natures (which before wasn't possible because I couldn't acess power items or everstones). I'll take your other moveset suggestions into consideration as well