Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 20, 2013, 05:03:20 AM
Kyurem

Default Pokémon-Amie

Pokémon-Amie is a new feature in Pokémon X and Y, and a Pokémon with high affection can have nice things randomly happening!
  • Pokémon gain boosted experience from knocking out opposing Pokémon.
  • Pokémon have an innate, permanent evasion boost that can never be overridden even by evasion-lowering moves, lock-on moves, and sure-hit moves.
  • Pokémon have an innate, permanent critical hit rate boost.
  • Pokémon may randomly survive knock-out moves, regardless of current HP, leaving them with only 1 HP.
  • Poison, paralysis, and burns may time out at the end of the turn.
  • Sleep and frozen status checks are done twice - once at move, and once again at the end of the turn.
  • Allows Eevee to evolve into Sylveon, in conjunction with at least one Fairy-type move.

What do you think of Pokémon-Amie?
Old October 20, 2013, 05:08:24 AM
Giratina

It's pretty darn broken with all the boosters it gives you, but then again I know some people who wouldn't bother with it from the start. At first I did it because it was adorable, then when they evolved it stopped being adorable and I needed the EXP boost, but I always feed them from time to time. I could never figure out how the camera worked either...

BUT I AM A HEAD IT CHAMPION. IT IS AT LEAST 70% RHYTHM GAME AND I'M SO ALL OVER IT.
Old October 20, 2013, 05:54:28 AM
Kyurem

I think the best part about it is trying to do it... with Pokémon that are very out of place. Think "fierce legendary Pokémon".
Old October 20, 2013, 10:15:55 AM
Administrator

It's really adorable to have the ability to play with and feed your Pokémon. The face detection, however, is pretty bad (blame the 3DS cameras for that), and Head It's scoring is bugged.
Old October 20, 2013, 12:18:48 PM
Giratina

How is Head It's scoring bugged? The base score counter caps at 999, and from there you just combo to increase your score. You get more points the more accurately you hit the yarn until you hit the 999 cap.

As a whole I love Amie, it's one of my favourite new features. I'm happy that they made Absol really cute in this game :3
Old October 20, 2013, 12:28:00 PM
Administrator

The scoring can clearly go over 1,000, yet they stopped the base counter at 999. If you're on your first combo when you get there, it's questionable if it's even worth it to keep going once your drop the yarn because you have to get that combo again to raise your score more. It'd be a lot more fun as an actual "unlimited" infinite game where you keep increasing your score.
Old October 21, 2013, 05:56:41 PM
Regigigas

Something I've found while trying to max out my Honedge's affection. Pokémon don't want to play with you if they're inflicted with a status ailment. Instead they will return to their pokéball after a few seconds. I discovered this as I was trying to use Amie with Honedge while it was Paralyzed.
Old October 21, 2013, 07:24:59 PM
Regigigas

I like the feature. New features are always welcomed! Good thing the boosts aren't used when battling online and stuff otherwise... Yeah.
Old October 21, 2013, 10:30:58 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Something I've found while trying to max out my Honedge's affection. Pokémon don't want to play with you if they're inflicted with a status ailment. Instead they will return to their pokéball after a few seconds. I discovered this as I was trying to use Amie with Honedge while it was Paralyzed.
Haha!

And for sleeping and fainted Pokémon, the results are obvious. xD
Old November 24, 2014, 09:14:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
The scoring can clearly go over 1,000, yet they stopped the base counter at 999. If you're on your first combo when you get there, it's questionable if it's even worth it to keep going once your drop the yarn because you have to get that combo again to raise your score more. It'd be a lot more fun as an actual "unlimited" infinite game where you keep increasing your score.
Well, it appears like this has not been fixed in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. It still stops at 999, and your total score is entirely determined by your maximum combo after then. In other news, I got mine up to 514.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20141124_001.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	6563