Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 6, 2013, 01:42:02 PM
Zoroark

Default Gen 6 speculation

Even if this isn't what GF has in mind for their 'big announcement', it still doesn't hurt to speculate about the next gen. I know about the rumors that have been going around of Serebii and Bulbapedia's forums about gen 6, but those rumors are probably fake.
Do you want a new type? Do you want this gen to feel like gen 2 was to gen 1 except for gen 5 or do you want a fresh new start? How would you like the graphics to look like? Is there a specific type combination/ type of Pokémon you want to see? Please discuss all of your opinions below!
Old January 6, 2013, 01:54:12 PM
Administrator

Starting with Gen II, we've already had an expansion (GSC), an incomplete expansion (RSE), a remake (FrLg), another expansion (DPPt), another remake (HgSs), a reboot (BW), and a sequel (BW2). Gen VI will most likely have to be an expansion rather than a reboot, or it will feel like a repeat of Gen I and Gen V.

As for actual Pokémon:
  • Three-stage Grass/Fire/Water starter trio. It seems standard at this point.
  • New evolutions and babies of old Pokémon.
  • Two legendary trios, one involving mascots and one involving non-über legends.
  • New abilities and moves.
  • Changed movesets.
  • Stuff purposely left out to be included in the revised version(s). Current favorites are the tutors, ability to catch more Pokémon, battling complex, and possibly more in-game triple/rotation battles.
  • A transfer utility.
Old January 6, 2013, 01:58:36 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Starting with Gen II, we've already had an expansion (GSC), an incomplete expansion (RSE), a remake (FrLg), another expansion (DPPt), another remake (HgSs), a reboot (BW), and a sequel (BW2). Gen VI will most likely have to be an expansion rather than a reboot, or it will feel like a repeat of Gen I and Gen V.

As for actual Pokémon:
  • Three-stage Grass/Fire/Water starter trio. It seems standard at this point.
  • New evolutions and babies of old Pokémon.
  • Two legendary trios, one involving mascots and one involving non-über legends.
  • New abilities and moves.
  • Changed movesets.
  • Stuff purposely left out to be included in the revised version(s). Current favorites are the tutors, ability to catch more Pokémon, battling complex, and possibly more in-game triple/rotation battles.
  • A transfer utility.
That sounds very reasonable. I sure hope the fire starter isn't half fighting this time.
Old January 6, 2013, 02:01:54 PM
Haxorus

I would expect probably a new type as a new one has not been added in God knows how long. I would also hope for a feature in which you could visit old regions and also to catch old Pokemon from the old games. I think this is a big ask but maybe some sort of Co-op feature could be implemented somewhere.
Old January 6, 2013, 02:43:30 PM
Giratina

Aside from the obvious things they add in each generation-

-I would enjoy a new type of sorts. I don't know what they could come up with, but hey, they have Rock and Ground, Ice and Water. They can come up with something.
-The good stuff that was cut out, like berry planting, Game Corner (This is hard, but there's gotta be SOME replacement), Safari Zone, and the ability to re-challenge any trainer with an item. The exclusion of these in 5th Gen confused and annoyed me.
-Optional slower speed for the bike. It's impossible to get into doorways with twitchy thumb movement.
-A BIGGER region that balances land, ocean, desert, and mountain/cave.
-More IR abilities. And with that, something much cooler to do on the bottom screen.
-No more Flash.

It's not much I'm asking.
Old January 6, 2013, 02:55:11 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post

-No more Flash..
Yeah they should get rid of HMs altogether. Pretty much all of the HM moves could be replaced with either the player doing it themselves or items.
Old January 6, 2013, 03:05:51 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
Yeah they should get rid of HMs altogether. Pretty much all of the HM moves could be replaced with either the player doing it themselves or items.
Yeah, I saw the thread for HM Slaves and all, and it got me thinking about how Fly should be replaced. I finally came up with a possible solution! (Even though I like HMs because some are really powerful and are just GIVEN to you.)

-Cell phone feature like Match Call, Pokegear, Xtransceiver
-Have the 4th or 5th or something Gym Leader be a flying type.
-She has a plane and gives you free rides anywhere when you beat her.
-Beat her, call her up, fly anywhere.
But then there's also the fact that planes are large, and you wouldn't be able to use it EVERYWHERE like with Fly. That's a tricky one since it's the most important HM.

Ooh, and another thing I JUST thought of.
-The ability to challenge older protagonists from the other generations. I WANNA BEAT THE STUFFING OUT OF LUCAS. I dunno why, but they're teeeechnically Champions so maybe they could possibly stick them in the PWT if it still exists...
Old January 6, 2013, 03:08:42 PM
Giratina

I hate to differ, but I would absolutely hate a new type. It would disrupt EVERYTHING. And plus, they're probably going to come up with some cliche Light Type or something. However, new pokemon with new type combinations would be nice; i.e: Ghost + Psychic (Surprised there isn't one yet). and agreed with Cat AND Plusleplusminun's posts. I would hate another Fire/Fighting starter. However Cat, what does a Reboot game mean?
Old January 6, 2013, 03:22:41 PM

The only thing I am hopeful for in Gen 6 so far is a new eeveelution(s).
Old January 6, 2013, 03:24:29 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
However Cat, what does a Reboot game mean?
I'm not Cat, but it's something that starts everything over as if it was the beginning, like what Black and White did. 100% new Pokémon, starting over the routes, new people, etc. Basically instead of a continuation, it's a fresh new start.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I forgot THE most important thing. NEW EEVEELUTION TRIO, BABY. Hopefully with Rock.

Last edited by TurtwigX; January 6, 2013 at 03:25:52 PM.
Old January 6, 2013, 03:31:23 PM
Giratina

Quote:
This may interest you.

Picture    

Hopefully the prediction is true, a Eeveelution would be so nice<3 and thanks Turt for explaining that for me.
Old January 6, 2013, 03:35:48 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
I hate to differ, but I would absolutely hate a new type. It would disrupt EVERYTHING. And plus, they're probably going to come up with some cliche Light Type or something. However, new pokemon with new type combinations would be nice; i.e: Ghost + Psychic (Surprised there isn't one yet). and agreed with Cat AND Plusleplusminun's posts. I would hate another Fire/Fighting starter. However Cat, what does a Reboot game mean?
A Psychic/Ghost type would have 2 weaknesses, both being 4x, but I'm pretty sure if it had the right stats and movepool then it'd be pretty good. I personally don't particularly want a new type but if there is one I sure hope it'll fix the Sableye and Spiritomb issue.
Old January 6, 2013, 04:26:52 PM
Giratina

Quote:
A Psychic/Ghost type would have 2 weaknesses, both being 4x, but I'm pretty sure if it had the right stats and movepool then it'd be pretty good. I personally don't particularly want a new type but if there is one I sure hope it'll fix the Sableye and Spiritomb issue.
How's that a problem? I love Sableye, Spiritomb, and Eelektross. They have no Typing weaknesses, but still have counters. I kind of hope there's more pokemon like that if that's possible
Old January 6, 2013, 05:26:52 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
How's that a problem? I love Sableye, Spiritomb, and Eelektross. They have no Typing weaknesses, but still have counters. I kind of hope there's more pokemon like that if that's possible
I guess it's not then. A psychic/ghost type would be cool either way, and the types are already balanced enough. Besides, we don't want another gen 1.
Old January 7, 2013, 05:17:12 AM
Charizard

did anyone get what the trivia meant. they kept tweeting and reminding everyone of the 8th of January. the number of eeveelution are 7. if they add a new one it will be 8. get it? 8th and January will be the 8th eeveelution! then the official game names will probably be announced!... Maybe

Somebodys theory

Last edited by Music; January 7, 2013 at 05:22:51 AM.
Old January 7, 2013, 08:45:41 AM

I've always wanted these sort of things in Gen 6. Considering how there's even a countdown for the special news tomorrow, it might be the announcement for Gen 6. Considering how all even-numbered generations focus more on evolutions/pre evolutions from past generations, this is what I think will happen.

Stuff I'd like to see:
-New evolutions and pre evolutions (Maybe one for Farfetch'd hopefully? <:] )
-New TMs and moves.
-New kinds of Pokeballs.
-Addition of the rumored "Light" type to complement Dark types.
-Unique type combinations like Psychic/Electric or Ice/Steel.
-New abilities
-Dark type Pokemon Gym! We don't have one of those yet!
-A Fire starter whose final evolution is not Fire/Fighting. Too many are Fire/Fighting >_>
-Challenge mode available at the start of the game.
-Return of the Pokeradar.
-Fixing the GTS to stop people from asking for Level 9 or under Zekrom!
-Shaking and Double Grass just like in 5th Gen.
-No more Pokemon Musical.
-Trainer/sprite customization just like in PBR.
-The feature allowing Pokemon to follow you around from HG/SS
Old January 7, 2013, 09:54:46 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
-New evolutions and pre evolutions (Maybe one for Farfetch'd hopefully? <:] )
A Farfetch'd evolution is long overdue! I so support this!
Old January 7, 2013, 11:21:33 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
But then there's also the fact that planes are large, and you wouldn't be able to use it EVERYWHERE like with Fly. That's a tricky one since it's the most important HM.
It doesn't necessarily have to be an airplane. Helicopters are a more compact flying machine, which could be ideal for that particular speculation.

Actually, with removing HMs for special events or items, I DO have one in suggestion for Surf. Some Water-types are tied to the water either way, such as Gyrados or Jellicent. Or are amphibious and could work on both land and sea, such as Floatzel or any of the Water-starters. Perhaps there could be a sort of tutor that could either show you how non-move Surfing works, or if you don't have a Water-type with you, give you what USED to be an unused item in Red and Blue: A Surfboard.

This could also be key for an event to see a surfing Pikachu, let alone use one, but maybe that's a stretch.
Old January 7, 2013, 11:28:22 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but...

BRING BACK MY BATTLE FRONTIER.

The "Battle Subway" just isn't as good...
Old January 7, 2013, 12:19:29 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but...

BRING BACK MY BATTLE FRONTIER.

The "Battle Subway" just isn't as good...
World Tournament?
Old January 7, 2013, 12:38:01 PM

Quote:
World Tournament?
I never liked the World Tournament. I might just be weird, but I loved Battle Frontier in Emerald. And I just want them to bring it back to how it was in Emerald.
Old January 8, 2013, 03:38:25 AM
Administrator

Looks pretty obvious that X and Y are Generation VI.
Old January 8, 2013, 04:19:44 AM
Rayquaza

I actually noticed something about the starters, each them represents different times.

Froakie represents the original starters as in being amphibious like the original trio.

Chespin represents the future of starters as in pokemon that more creative in design with a spring of generic cuteness.

Fenniken represents the present, being a generic "cute" animal that appears in all of the games.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 8, 2013 at 04:20:17 AM.
Old January 8, 2013, 01:42:30 PM
Zoroark

Ok I know that X and Y were officially announced today. From the looks of it, the new region looks like it's based off of France. There's an area that has a tower that resembles the Eiffel Tower and I think in one place I saw a character that looked like a European guard. I like Chespin and Fenneckin, but I don't like Froakie as much, but my opinion could be completely different once these games come out. It really looks like GF is putting in an immense amount of effort into these games. I can't wait to see more!
Old January 8, 2013, 06:40:49 PM
Shaymin

I bet that Wynaut will be exclusive in Y and Xatu in X.
Or Yanma for Y.
Old January 8, 2013, 06:54:27 PM

Default Fanmade Gen 6 Music

It's only been 16 hours and people have already started making fanmade themes about Pokemon X and Y. This one caught my attention about 5 minutes ago.

Last edited by Reuniclus; January 8, 2013 at 07:00:51 PM.
Old January 12, 2013, 10:35:41 AM
Zoroark

I can't believe there was a lot of evidence for new eeveelutions yet they weren't even in the trailer for X and Y. There's still a real good chance though. Coro Coro has been released and the new eeveelutions haven't been revealed, but I'm pretty sure they'll be reveled either in Coro-Coro next month or in the future, on Pokémon Smash, or in the games when they're released.