Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 23, 2013, 05:10:58 AM
Rayquaza

Nope no Vs Seeker AGAIN.

Seriously Game Freak to have just forgotten about this very important feature.
Old October 23, 2013, 05:21:07 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Nope no Vs Seeker AGAIN.

Seriously Game Freak to have just forgotten about this very important feature.
Remember that implementing the Vs. Seeker means giving every single overworld battle-able Trainer more lines and teams, possibly more than one extra set of them, if you don't want to see the same old, same old.

Last edited by Twiggy; October 23, 2013 at 05:21:22 AM.
Old October 23, 2013, 08:19:57 AM
Giratina

I'd rather see the same old same old if that means more money and more EXP. I guess that also means you can't have better battles with Gym Leaders.

Okay, I can't find a place in Lumiose, can't buy anything at the Pokemon League, where can I buy Quick Balls and all the rest of them?
Old October 23, 2013, 08:25:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
I'd rather see the same old same old if that means more money and more EXP. I guess that also means you can't have better battles with Gym Leaders.

Okay, I can't find a place in Lumiose, can't buy anything at the Pokemon League, where can I buy Quick Balls and all the rest of them?
Just take a taxi to the Poké Ball Boutique in Lumiose. It's right next to the 2-star restaurant.

One other thing about the Boutique; I can finally buy Premier Balls separately <3
Old October 23, 2013, 09:36:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Just take a taxi to the Poké Ball Boutique in Lumiose. It's right next to the 2-star restaurant.

One other thing about the Boutique; I can finally buy Premier Balls separately <3
Yaaaay, thank you thank you thank yooou~ Now, where can I buy the vitamins and the vending machine items?
Old October 23, 2013, 09:37:48 AM
Kyurem

I bred some Pokemon the other day and sent them over to my new Y version to use them in this run, and noticed that they were in Ultra Balls rather than Poke Balls! I guess whichever kind of Poke Ball you have first in your inventory becomes the one used when hatching babies, which is a small but nice addition to the game.
Old October 23, 2013, 10:32:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I didn't have any use for mail. I had no friends to send it to so it just... sat there. But what I DID use were ball seals and I got very upset when they were first removed. So many cool features only last one generation... WHY?
Each generation since the second has had its fair share of gimmicks. One example is the Contests and Super Contests from Gens III and IV, and the Musicals from Gen V. Each generation since Gen II has had a gadget, too: PokéGear, PokéNav, Pokétch, C-Gear, and the Player Search System. The features in each have shifted around, usually making some other feature obsolete. Interest in certain features is what determines what makes the cut to continue on.

Y'know, I'm actually surprised O-Powers stuck around from Gen V. They're quite useful when you really need the boost.

Quote:
Yaaaay, thank you thank you thank yooou~ Now, where can I buy the vitamins and the vending machine items?
If by "vitamins," you mean Protein, Zinc, and the like, they are made completely obsolete by Super Training.

Here are the drink locations:
  • Soda Pop can be purchased in bulk in Cyllage Town from the vendor in the center of the town.
  • Moo Moo Milk can be bought in bulk in Dendemille Town from the vendor outside of the Pokémon Center.
  • Fresh Water can be bought (not in bulk) from the vendor in the Power Plant's control room.
  • Lemonade cannot be bought.
Power Plant spoilers    
You must have cleared Team Flare from the Power Plant to reduce the price of water to 100 Poké. Otherwise, it costs 300 Poké.

Quote:
To get lots of money, visit the Battle Chateau on Route 7. Sign a writ early in the day and play it throughout the day to maximize the number of people there. Have a buddy spam you the highest-level money O-Power (or use it yourself, but it runs out quicker). Couple that with the Amulet Coin. Writs expire at midnight.

Regarding gym leaders    
You can also rematch gym leaders at the Battle Chateau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
I bred some Pokemon the other day and sent them over to my new Y version to use them in this run, and noticed that they were in Ultra Balls rather than Poke Balls! I guess whichever kind of Poke Ball you have first in your inventory becomes the one used when hatching babies, which is a small but nice addition to the game.
The Poké Ball of the child is inherited by its female parent. When Ditto is the female, I don't believe the ball is passed on.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 23, 2013 at 10:35:47 AM.
Old October 23, 2013, 11:13:08 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
100% yes.
If so im being left out in with gen 6 shinys. Also me and my friend found a rotom in the lost hotel yesterday, has anyone else found one too?
Old October 23, 2013, 11:44:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
If so im being left out in with gen 6 shinys. Also me and my friend found a rotom in the lost hotel yesterday, has anyone else found one too?
I found a Rotom Fan forme. I found mine in the garbage pail that's farthest from the entrance and requires Rock Smash to get to.
Old October 23, 2013, 11:47:19 AM
Rayquaza

Well I got a Yveltal for my Xerneas on GTS now I've caught every single Kalos Pokemon.

Now I just need to wait three months and my dex will be full again.
Old October 23, 2013, 11:53:53 AM
Kyurem

Is there a way (besides doing the writs) to increase the levels of pokemons in the battle chatu? ‹–(cant spell it) Im tired of fighting lv20-25 people and then a few 30s.
Old October 23, 2013, 11:58:41 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Is there a way (besides doing the writs) to increase the levels of pokemons in the battle chatu? ‹–(cant spell it) Im tired of fighting lv20-25 people and then a few 30s.
Keep battling! As your rank increases, newer, tougher opponents will start to show up.

You can visit the Battle Chateau multiple times in a day, by the way.
Old October 23, 2013, 12:08:10 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Each generation since the second has had its fair share of gimmicks. One example is the Contests and Super Contests from Gens III and IV, and the Musicals from Gen V. Each generation since Gen II has had a gadget, too: PokéGear, PokéNav, Pokétch, C-Gear, and the Player Search System. The features in each have shifted around, usually making some other feature obsolete. Interest in certain features is what determines what makes the cut to continue on.

Y'know, I'm actually surprised O-Powers stuck around from Gen V. They're quite useful when you really need the boost.

If by "vitamins," you mean Protein, Zinc, and the like, they are made completely obsolete by Super Training.

Here are the drink locations:
  • Soda Pop can be purchased in bulk in Cyllage Town from the vendor in the center of the town.
  • Moo Moo Milk can be bought in bulk in Dendemille Town from the vendor outside of the Pokémon Center.
  • Fresh Water can be bought (not in bulk) from the vendor in the Power Plant's control room.
  • Lemonade cannot be bought.
Power Plant spoilers    
You must have cleared Team Flare from the Power Plant to reduce the price of water to 100 Poké. Otherwise, it costs 300 Poké.

To get lots of money, visit the Battle Chateau on Route 7. Sign a writ early in the day and play it throughout the day to maximize the number of people there. Have a buddy spam you the highest-level money O-Power (or use it yourself, but it runs out quicker). Couple that with the Amulet Coin. Writs expire at midnight.

Regarding gym leaders    
You can also rematch gym leaders at the Battle Chateau.
I still think it's a shame that things like the PokeWalker were incredibly short lived.

"O-Powers" were not in Gen V. They're something similar, but different.

They're not obsolete, it's called "I wanna cut the amount I have to do in half because I'm lazy." Don't you know how the system works?

If I can't buy those all at the same place it's practically pointless.

The Battle Chateau is useless to me. Everyone only has 2 Pokemon, they're low levels, and to raise them I need to pay. This region is way too greedy. And I don't really have buddies like that, so that won't happen.
Old October 23, 2013, 12:18:14 PM
Kyurem

Speaking of O-powers, i heard you can get hatching O-power as well, but i havnt found it. All i know is that u have to max out your style in lumips city for the O-power guy to show up.
Old October 23, 2013, 12:59:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
They're not obsolete, it's called "I wanna cut the amount I have to do in half because I'm lazy." Don't you know how the system works?

If I can't buy those all at the same place it's practically pointless.
You can still buy them at the Pokémon Center in Laverre City, I believe, but they're still 9,800. I don't know if the discount O-Power has returned. And I know those had a different name, but they did the same thing.

Quote:
Speaking of O-powers, i heard you can get hatching O-power as well, but i havnt found it. All i know is that u have to max out your style in lumips city for the O-power guy to show up.
You have to do pretty much all there is to do in Lumiose City first (including maxing your style).

Also, if there is one thing I miss that could be grouped with the other generational gimmicks, it's the Secret Bases, particularly how they were handled in Gen III. It was awesome mixing records and finding the Secret Bases hidden around Hoenn. The best part was you could battle their team every day. The Underground in Gen IV was awesome too, but more so because of the mining game than the Secret Bases.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 23, 2013 at 01:00:58 PM. Reason: Verb tenses
Old October 23, 2013, 01:09:09 PM
Giratina

One feature I actually do like about this game is the Battle Maison. BP earnings are so much more sensible now! And because my Pokemon were trained right winning is ridiculously easy. There's also this flippant Nurse Joy that gives this tirade about the nurse stereotype. I love her, new waifu~<3

Quote:
You can still buy them at the Pokémon Center in Laverre City, I believe, but they're still 9,800. I don't know if the discount O-Power has returned. And I know those had a different name, but they did the same thing.

You have to do pretty much all there is to do in Lumiose City first (including maxing your style).

Also, if there is one thing I miss that could be grouped with the other generational gimmicks, it's the Secret Bases, particularly how they were handled in Gen III. It was awesome mixing records and finding the Secret Bases hidden around Hoenn. The best part was you could battle their team every day. The Underground in Gen IV was awesome too, but more so because of the mining game than the Secret Bases.
Similar thing. Pass Powers didn't "Level up" and were way more useful when shared on an Entralink mission. The Bargain O Power is a thing. You get it in a hotel, per the norm.
Old October 23, 2013, 01:14:10 PM

Has anyone managed to get an Oval Charm? I hope it doesn't involve completing the Pokedex.
Old October 23, 2013, 01:33:45 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Has anyone managed to get an Oval Charm? I hope it doesn't involve completing the Pokedex.
Nope

Anyone know where Aerodactyl's mega stone is? (I hope it's not post game)
Old October 23, 2013, 01:42:56 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post

Anyone know where Aerodactyl's mega stone is? (I hope it's not post game)
You get it after you finish Glittering cave I think
you talk to one of the Scientists and they give it to you
Old October 23, 2013, 03:07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDxImpetus View Post
You get it after you finish Glittering cave I think
you talk to one of the Scientists and they give it to you
That might be available after post-game- I'm not sure. I know some Mega Stones are only available after you beat the game.
Old October 23, 2013, 04:34:02 PM
Rayquaza

Mega Stone are only available 8PM-9PM.

Oval Charm is in Lumiose City
Old October 23, 2013, 04:45:00 PM

Quote:
Oval Charm is in Lumiose City
Err, specifically where in Lumiose City? The city is too big.
Old October 23, 2013, 04:51:43 PM
Giratina

20 normal battles in the Battle Maison- 48 BP
21 normal battles in the Battle Subway or other Tower- 16 BP

And that is why the Battle Maison will be my new favorite thing. I feel like there's more emphasis on competitive PvP content and less emphasis on in-game adventuring...

Quote:
Oh yeah, that was one of my issues with the game. Despite my RPG urge to talk to every single character there is, I could not explore Lumiose City. Navigation just gets extremely confusing, and that's frustrating. Congrats, GameFreak, you have made an area way too large for me to handle.
Old October 23, 2013, 06:26:36 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Fill the Kalos Dex and show it to Sycamore.

Has anyone been a able to meet up with Looker?
I haven't been able to get to.

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 23, 2013 at 06:32:02 PM.
Old October 24, 2013, 03:49:15 AM
Kyurem

Remember the Yveltal sticker that I had? Well, I did an ill-advised attempt of removing it.

Now I'm one sticker less. At least the residue is easy to clean up... And there's probably a newer, better one with the next pre-order game.
Old October 24, 2013, 04:03:46 AM
Celebi

The Battle Maison, somehow, seems better than all of the battle facilities in previous games. Not a clue why.
Old October 24, 2013, 08:06:03 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
The Battle Maison, somehow, seems better than all of the battle facilities in previous games. Not a clue why.
Perhaps it's because you get BP after EVERY battle and not just every 7? Or the addition of Rotation and Triple battles? Or the super wide variety of Pokemon found in the easy normal mode alone? That's why I love it. It's so lax.

Would the only true reliable method of earning money be to rebattle the league? I could do it but... I'd rather not...
Old October 24, 2013, 08:19:32 AM

Quote:
Perhaps it's because you get BP after EVERY battle and not just every 7? Or the addition of Rotation and Triple battles? Or the super wide variety of Pokemon found in the easy normal mode alone? That's why I love it. It's so lax.

Would the only true reliable method of earning money be to rebattle the league? I could do it but... I'd rather not...
Not really, the Pokémon League offers very little money even with the Amulet Coin. I always go to the restaurants for money- the 3-star one specifically. It may cost 100,000 Pokédollars to enter, but you can make a major profit from dining there. You can earn ~60,000 Pokédollars back from battling alone, but the Balm Mushrooms you get at the end are the most important. You can get up to 25 and each one sells for about 6,500 Pokédollars. If you get over 100 of these mushrooms, you can easily sell them to make over 900,000 Pokédollars.

Restaurants are a little gimmicky though, they're like the maid battles in Pokémon Platinum at the Backlot Mansion.
Old October 24, 2013, 08:20:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Use the Battle Chateau on Route 7 and the restaurants in Lumiose City. The latter can give you huge money (by way of sellable Balm Mushrooms) if you battle correctly. Just be prepared to rage at Protect spam ruining your perfection.

Edit: Reun, you ninja!

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 24, 2013 at 08:20:38 AM.
Old October 24, 2013, 05:28:13 PM
Administrator

Found a typo on the back of the Pokémon X/Y strategy guide:

"From your first step into the tall grass and your earliest battles on Route 1..."

There are no battles on Route 1.
Old October 24, 2013, 09:20:34 PM
Giratina

Yup, the Battle Maison is EVERYTHING. You can rest after every battle and continue your streak whenever you feel like it. Combined with that sweet BP boost, I don't know how much more generous they could be. Free evolution stones every time you beat the Maison... French-word leaders? And I love the fact that you can change the music, though I will never move it off of Vs. Gym Leader (Music 4.)

And there's this. Endless giggles.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131024_232423.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	810.4 KB
ID:	5738
Old October 24, 2013, 09:27:18 PM
Administrator

Is that seriously a Lolcat reference?!

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 24, 2013 at 09:27:27 PM.
Old October 24, 2013, 09:29:57 PM
Giratina

Given the reference to Salvatore Dali and Reggie's Wii Fit E3 Conference line, I'm not surprised by any of these anymore
Old October 24, 2013, 09:33:50 PM
Administrator

I'm loving all the references. Any Pony ones yet?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 24, 2013 at 09:33:59 PM.
Old October 27, 2013, 07:35:58 PM
Administrator

The Battle Maison is full of too much critical hit hax. Lost against the leader thanks to that. It's annoying you have to go through twenty battles to try again, too. I remember most of the gym leaders in the Pokémon World Tournament were pushovers by comparison.
Old October 27, 2013, 07:43:22 PM
Giratina

I like how you italicize twenty even though that's still less than the Battle Tower/Subway.

Maybe you're just an unlucky guy. I won on my first try and got the BP overflow of a lifetime. And yet I haven't made it back to the leader yet because something always stops me on battle 18 or 19
Old October 27, 2013, 07:53:18 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I know it was 21 before, but that's the third time I lost to hax.
Old October 27, 2013, 09:15:15 PM
Administrator

What the heck? You have to flip the 3DS upside-down when Inkay reaches level 30 for it to evolve?
Old October 27, 2013, 09:43:59 PM
Giratina

Quote:
What the heck? You have to flip the 3DS upside-down when Inkay reaches level 30 for it to evolve?
Why else would Malamar look like a giant upside down squid? The Pokemon of this region are totally weird, eh?
Though I feel like Pokemon was just fishing for a reason to use the gyroscope.
Old October 27, 2013, 09:53:38 PM
Administrator

It kind of already uses it in Amie. Shake the 3DS to see what I mean. No idea if that does anything in particular, though.

Also, found a grammatical error:

Name:	Grammatical error.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	5749
Old October 28, 2013, 12:40:34 AM
Kyurem

Yeah somehow the leader sent out purugly and kept spaming hypnosis and dream eater, i couldnt do a thing even though my pokemon where faster than it, it somehow always went first and hit me with a 60% hit rate move. And i used Evd pokes with max speec ivs too. (heck even garchomp lost to it O.o)
Old October 28, 2013, 05:56:35 PM
Pikachu

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that ghost and dark are now neutral to steel? Jirachi is going to be easier to take down.
Old October 28, 2013, 06:49:46 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Yeah somehow the leader sent out purugly and kept spaming hypnosis and dream eater, i couldnt do a thing even though my pokemon where faster than it, it somehow always went first and hit me with a 60% hit rate move. And i used Evd pokes with max speec ivs too. (heck even garchomp lost to it O.o)
Puruglys base speed stat is 112. Garchomps is 102 but he should still outspeed her if she's not EV'd even with max IV's and a good nature. I know for sure they max out the leaders IV's in the battle mansion, so maybe they're giving them EV trained stats as well? That'd be neat. She was easy for me. Swept her team with a non-EV'd Sylveon first try. Her whole first team relies entirely on special attack, so a special wall just destroys her. Moving on to the double battle girl now. Gonna take em all out in order then tackle the "super" versions of them.

Last edited by Sunny; October 28, 2013 at 06:51:00 PM.
Old October 28, 2013, 08:06:12 PM
Rayquaza

Glameow isn't obtainable in this game and there's something I want to point out.

Someone at Game Freak must really hate that Cat because in the last 11 game versions Glameow has only been available in two of them!

One of them only available through special means meaning Glameow has barely been catchable since Pearl!

Seriously I think it's gotten to a point where most legendaries are more easily available then this freaking cat!
Old October 28, 2013, 08:06:37 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu the Lucario View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that ghost and dark are now neutral to steel? Jirachi is going to be easier to take down.
That makes it more difficult for me to use Ferrothorn. I liked all the resistances and normalized weaknesses it had, making it one of my favorite Grass types. But anything with the right Ghost move could tear it apart, as I have already seen (and done myself.) But in all fairness, it balances out Aegislash and his Uber-tier amazingness. If its only weaknesses were the very physical Fire and Ground... it might be in the Hyper-Uber tier with Speed Boost Mega Blaziken.
Old October 28, 2013, 08:13:25 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
That makes it more difficult for me to use Ferrothorn. I liked all the resistances and normalized weaknesses it had, making it one of my favorite Grass types. But anything with the right Ghost move could tear it apart, as I have already seen (and done myself.) But in all fairness, it balances out Aegislash and his Uber-tier amazingness. If its only weaknesses were the very physical Fire and Ground... it might be in the Hyper-Uber tier with Speed Boost Mega Blaziken.
Sorry to burst your bubble but Junichi Masuda has even went out and admitted that Ferrothorn's lack of weaknesses have made it OP.
Old October 28, 2013, 08:25:32 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but Junichi Masuda has even went out and admitted that Ferrothorn's lack of weaknesses have made it OP.
Yeah, so let's take one of the most powerful starters, give it an unfair ability, and then ENHANCE that with a MORE POWERFUL form with NO DRAWBACKS! What's the harm in that!?

Any fire move would destroy Ferrothorn, not to mention it doesn't have that many attacks.
Old October 28, 2013, 08:55:42 PM

Quote:
Reuniclus can deal with those spiky things just fine with Magic Guard- and it has Focus Blast.
Old October 28, 2013, 09:03:30 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Reuniclus can deal with those spiky things just fine with Magic Guard- and it has Focus Blast.
Shut up, my Ferrothorn could wreck you in an INSTANT. Or should I bring out another Steel type? One with more... bugginess?

Okay, there's been this StreePass icon on my game for a long time now. But... what does StreetPass do? It's not clearly defined, like a lot of things... There might now be a manual in the case, but is there anything online I could refer to?
Old October 28, 2013, 09:57:24 PM
Administrator

I think it means that you collected Holo Caster data. I dunno, I didn't bother turning that on.
Old October 29, 2013, 03:01:10 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Shut up, my Ferrothorn could wreck you in an INSTANT. Or should I bring out another Steel type? One with more... bugginess?

Okay, there's been this StreePass icon on my game for a long time now. But... what does StreetPass do? It's not clearly defined, like a lot of things... There might now be a manual in the case, but is there anything online I could refer to?
Don't forget that 3DS games have digital manuals when you press the Home button while playing the game.

I believe StreetPasses will put the person you passed into the Passerby section if you do not know them, and the Friend section if you do know them.

The former of the previous sentence is conjecture since I've friended all 3DS X&Y players in my campus that I've met so far. But the latter is true.
Old October 29, 2013, 06:16:10 AM
Regigigas

I just experienced the most embarrassing loss ever. My entire team felled by a single Lunatone. It kept spamming Hypnosis and Confusion, and for some reason Confusion kept getting lucky and always made my mons "hurt themselves in the confusion". Rock Polish didn't help either. It kept going first.

Last edited by Shade; October 29, 2013 at 09:29:02 AM.
Old October 29, 2013, 05:42:02 PM
Rayquaza

Here's something that seriously irritates me.

I decided to try Wi-Fi battles because I was bored.

However everyone I faced had all these competative teams set up.

THE GAME HASN'T EVEN BEEN OUT FOR A FULL MONTH CAN'T PEOPLE ENJOY IT WHILE THEY STILL CAN BEFORE WORRYING ABOUT EV TRAINING!!!!

Seriously I'm really annoyed by this.

Also Boom Burst is a broken move.

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 29, 2013 at 05:47:21 PM.
Old October 29, 2013, 10:36:46 PM
Administrator

Has anyone yet figured out of Azurill still undergoes sequential hermaphroditism where some females change gender upon evolution?
Old October 31, 2013, 08:42:59 AM

The fact that you can change Furfrou's hairstyle in this game is funny.

Some look decent, but others look ridiculous.
Old October 31, 2013, 09:36:08 AM
Kyurem

Am I the only person that noticed some slight texture warping on the tiled floor of Battle Chateau battle BGs?

At least it's not PS1 bad, but I'm surprised that it is showing up in a 3DS game.
Old October 31, 2013, 12:21:53 PM
Administrator

Hm, am I the only person who finds it strange that the Stone Emporium sells Water, Leaf, and Fire Stones but does not sell Thunder Stones? I know you can easily get them from Super Training, but it's still kind of strange.

Also, a random aside: Thunderstone was changed to Thunder Stone in Pokémon X/Y (like several other items, including Tiny Mushroom and Paralyze Heal). The thunderstone (and the firestone) is a real concept, albeit an obsolete one.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 31, 2013 at 12:25:28 PM.
Old October 31, 2013, 04:24:57 PM
Rayquaza

I got a Ditto with Pokerus so if any wants to infect there pokemon they can come to me.
Old October 31, 2013, 05:13:57 PM
Giratina

Strange, apparently they slightly tweaked Soft Resetting. Instead of L+R+Start+Select, it's either L+R+Start or L+R+Select. I wonder why they made that minor tweak. Easier on the hands to press, especially for those fat ugly 3DS XLs?
Old October 31, 2013, 06:17:24 PM
Administrator

Uhh, any reason the Laverre City clock goes up to 13 o'clock?
Old November 1, 2013, 12:43:38 AM
Administrator

Also, is there any point to Sushi High Roller? It's apparently more expensive (450,000 Poké) than what you can earn (something like 250,000 Poké).
Old November 1, 2013, 03:16:20 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Also, is there any point to Sushi High Roller? It's apparently more expensive (450,000 Poké) than what you can earn (something like 250,000 Poké).
It raises your style, and apparently you get some gift at max style.

In other words, it's cheap gimmicky trash. I'm never doing it. I don't need style if it eats up my Daycare money.
Old November 1, 2013, 03:44:50 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Strange, apparently they slightly tweaked Soft Resetting. Instead of L+R+Start+Select, it's either L+R+Start or L+R+Select. I wonder why they made that minor tweak. Easier on the hands to press, especially for those fat ugly 3DS XLs?
3DS in 3DS mode doesn't have the concept of a separate START/SELECT. They are equivalent.
Old November 1, 2013, 08:01:52 AM
Kyurem

I got a question: Is there a thread or something where i can post battle video numbers from an X&Y battle? That or i can make a small thread somewhere i post my Vid numbers.
Old November 1, 2013, 09:27:17 AM

Quote:
I got a question: Is there a thread or something where i can post battle video numbers from an X&Y battle? That or i can make a small thread somewhere i post my Vid numbers.
Battling and Trading thread.
http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11456
Old November 1, 2013, 12:01:21 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Ok thanks. I have a good battle to show off from last night battle i had with my halloween team i made.
Old November 2, 2013, 01:12:14 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Has anyone yet figured out of Azurill still undergoes sequential hermaphroditism where some females change gender upon evolution?
I actually really was disappointed that Azurill was not increasingly sadder in this generation.
Old November 2, 2013, 05:21:25 AM
Linoone

Quote:
It raises your style, and apparently you get some gift at max style.

In other words, it's cheap gimmicky trash. I'm never doing it. I don't need style if it eats up my Daycare money.
The only thing I've found that 'style' does is allow you into the Boutique. So... yeah. Complete b.s., the items aren't even very good in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzeeGuy View Post
I actually really was disappointed that Azurill was not increasingly sadder in this generation.
Even Absol is happy in this game.... also they made it into a ******* mega pony. Nintendo must have taken ALL the crack while coming up with ideas.

Last edited by Wolfbane5001; November 2, 2013 at 05:23:09 AM.
Old November 2, 2013, 10:59:30 AM
Administrator

Style lowers the cost of the starter Mega Stones at the Stone Emporium, taxicab rides, and the shops around Lumiose City. It also unlocks additional hairstyles, Furfrou trims, juices, and PR video effects. Finally, as mentioned, it grants access to Boutique Couture.
Old November 2, 2013, 12:12:53 PM
Linoone

Quote:
Style lowers the cost of the starter Mega Stones at the Stone Emporium, taxicab rides, and the shops around Lumiose City. It also unlocks additional hairstyles, Furfrou trims, juices, and PR video effects. Finally, as mentioned, it grants access to Boutique Couture.
Okay, good to know.
Old November 5, 2013, 01:32:47 PM
Giratina

I finally completed my cross generation team! It only took me a little over a week and a lot of playing Pokemon Y in class. Now I think I can finally relax... but I still need to test it a bit.
Old November 6, 2013, 05:24:40 AM
Charizard

I'm jealous, I'm only almost done breeding my 3rd pokemon of my first competitive team. It's a theme team, but I think with a bit of tweaking it'll be viable in doubles/triples very easily.
Old November 6, 2013, 03:37:20 PM
Giratina

Oh please, I still need to create a new grass team (Most likely an All Generation Grass) and a perfect Speed Boost Mega Blaziken so I can advocate how unrivaled it is. But it's only for singles and maybe rotationals, I'd die in a double battle and I'd be too confused in a single battle
Old November 6, 2013, 04:39:04 PM
Kyurem

Well, it was inevitable, but it finally happened. My honeymoon period with X and Y has ended and now its time to get down to business. The game has astounded me visually and design-wise, but now I must go back to what I am best at: intense grinding and team building!

There are a number of Pokemon I can catch in-game to help me build competitive teams, but this generation there seems to be a strong focus on interacting with other trainers which means I will need to do a lot of trading. I'll be doing a lot of trading with people on this site and other sites, which will keep me quite busy.

EV training seems far easier this generation, but the process of hatching eggs for natures and IVs is torture enough. I'm going to have to do a lot of research to find the quickest way to breed and get moves on certain Pokemon. I have two teams in mind, which means around 10 Pokemon I want to breed.

...this is going to be a lot of work.
Old November 6, 2013, 04:56:15 PM
Linoone

Quote:
Well, it was inevitable, but it finally happened. My honeymoon period with X and Y has ended and now its time to get down to business. The game has astounded me visually and design-wise, but now I must go back to what I am best at: intense grinding and team building!

There are a number of Pokemon I can catch in-game to help me build competitive teams, but this generation there seems to be a strong focus on interacting with other trainers which means I will need to do a lot of trading. I'll be doing a lot of trading with people on this site and other sites, which will keep me quite busy.

EV training seems far easier this generation, but the process of hatching eggs for natures and IVs is torture enough. I'm going to have to do a lot of research to find the quickest way to breed and get moves on certain Pokemon. I have two teams in mind, which means around 10 Pokemon I want to breed.

And then there's me, that guy who only EV trains because he's too lazy and IVs make him want to go AVGN x20.
Old November 6, 2013, 05:06:41 PM
Giratina

Quote:

The biggest thing this generation seems to be the usefulness of the Friend Safari, and mainly for its Ditto. But those seem to be a tricky find, I have 3 Normal Safaris and not a one Ditto. Instead, I have a friend with a friend who has a Ditto safari, and now I use him as my supplier.

Breeding this gen seems to be a lot easier than before. With the boosts to IV breeding, egg moves, and hidden abilities even I enjoy breeding. Considering I used to hate it with all my heart, this is a good thing. I'm actually looking forward to battling other people.
Old November 6, 2013, 07:15:25 PM
Regigigas

Breeding makes me sleepy, so I make sure I do it before going to bed. Anyways, it's really a pain to do. I just get the right nature, gets Everstone. Find male with a high IV of some kind, give it Power item. After that, whatever Egg gets "outstanding" or "above average" works for me.
Old November 6, 2013, 08:17:50 PM
Giratina

Constant breeding can make me angry, but then again everything can so it's nothing new. I always look for relatively superior Pokemon with the IVs I want. And if it somehow turns out to have outstanding potential it's just <3333
Old November 6, 2013, 11:22:53 PM
Administrator

I found this battle video about hax within the Battle Maison. You might cry:
68TW-WWWW-WWW2-JCDY
Old November 6, 2013, 11:35:01 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I found this battle video about hax within the Battle Maison. You might cry:
68TW-WWWW-WWW2-JCDY
Speaking of battle videos, how many can one player have at one time? I think i have 3 right now.
Old November 7, 2013, 05:55:05 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Speaking of battle videos, how many can one player have at one time? I think i have 3 right now.
I've been told you can go up to 100, which doesn't sound unreasonable since I think they're stored on the SD card. I have eight at the moment.
Old November 7, 2013, 11:31:40 AM
Linoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
I've been told you can go up to 100, which doesn't sound unreasonable since I think they're stored on the SD card. I have eight at the moment.
There's a thing right in it that says (# you have)/100. So yes, if it can fit n your SD card.
Old November 7, 2013, 12:46:05 PM
Giratina

I got so scared when I accidentally pressed "Save battle video." I thought it was going to overwrite. I heard that the number of Battle Videos might have been increased but I flipped when I saw that the max was 100. And MOCK BATTLING. It's like having a Wifi battle with a CPU of your friends~ I feel so not alone~
Old November 7, 2013, 01:47:01 PM
Rayquaza

I tried Team Up battles in the Battle Mansion.

The Friends you have on your 3DS have there own pre made teams and characters with incredibly deformed eyes.
Old November 7, 2013, 02:28:16 PM
Administrator

How on Earth is this fair?! The Battle Institute cheats as much as the Battle Maison, and this one guy had four legendary Pokémon! And of course, accuracy hax at its finest: I lost 1-0 with Latios at 10 HP thanks to Dazzling Gleam missing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Raikou-Suicune BI.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	5777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Latios-Virizion BI.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	5778  

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 7, 2013 at 02:31:56 PM.
Old November 7, 2013, 04:05:47 PM
Giratina

Quote:
How on Earth is this fair?! The Battle Institute cheats as much as the Battle Maison, and this one guy had four legendary Pokémon! And of course, accuracy hax at its finest: I lost 1-0 with Latios at 10 HP thanks to Dazzling Gleam missing.
I don't think the Battle Institute is meant to be fair. It was the most competitive part of B/W. I think it tests your one team's skill against generated teams from the NU tier all the way to Ubers. But I don't see anymore cheating in the Battle Maison, the opponents faint too fast for me
Old November 7, 2013, 04:09:46 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Rubberbanding in Pokémon >>>>>>>> Rubberbanding in Mario Kart >:D

Also, I noticed this with battle videos a little while ago: I swapped out my DS's SD card about a week after X and Y came out. I had two battle videos saved on it. I tried to move all my X and Y data, including the saves and battle videos, to a different card; the game told me that had invalidated the save file and I had to restart it.

When I finished the game again and picked up the VS recorder again, I still had the two battle videos from my original save file. They were perfectly unchanged.

Does this happen to everyone who's restarted their game, or just because I tried swapping SD cards?

Last edited by Dragonite; November 7, 2013 at 06:33:54 PM.
Old November 7, 2013, 05:42:26 PM
Administrator

Battle Videos are not encrypted in the same way, nor are they tied to a specific save file. I'm willing to bet they can be freely moved between games.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 7, 2013 at 05:42:52 PM.
Old November 7, 2013, 07:13:07 PM
Giratina

I have just now beaten every single Battle Chatelaine and unlocked the Super Challenges. My team is working so well for me that I might just stick with Supers instead of staying with the regular. I wonder how rewarding it is at 20 battles...
Old November 8, 2013, 02:07:03 PM
Giratina

While beating the Maison Chatelaines for the Battle Videos I somehow accumulated 256 BP. That's insane, I've never had this much before, and if I beat it just one more time I'll roll over to 300. Even if Kalos is the greediest region of them all, it's also the most generous.

One thing that's been on my mind for a while now: what happens if you use Trick or whatever on a Pokemon holding a Mega Stone?
Old November 8, 2013, 02:11:40 PM
Celebi

Quote:
One thing that's been on my mind for a while now: what happens if you use Trick or whatever on a Pokemon holding a Mega Stone?
Y'know...that's a reeeeeally good question
I think all it would do is Change items
unless it'd be like the pokemon holding the Mega Stone was about to Mega Evolve and something with Prankster does trick then....i dunno
does Mega Evolving get priority?

Last edited by JDxImpetus; November 8, 2013 at 02:14:21 PM.
Old November 8, 2013, 02:24:33 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDxImpetus View Post
Y'know...that's a reeeeeally good question
I think all it would do is Change items
unless it'd be like the pokemon holding the Mega Stone was about to Mega Evolve and something with Prankster does trick then....i dunno
does Mega Evolving get priority?
No, I mean on Pokemon who have already Mega Evolved. Mega Evolution has priority over everything except rotations and the Quick Claw's message.
Old November 8, 2013, 03:11:41 PM
Celebi

Well then I think nothing would happen if it were to happen since the Evolution already took place
Old November 8, 2013, 05:25:00 PM
Linoone

Moves that block or interrupt item useage don't effect Mega Evolutions if they already happened, tested it with Embargo and Thief. I am disappoint, son.
Old November 8, 2013, 05:51:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't believe Mega Stones, Arceus's Plates, Griseous Orb, or related items can be Tricked off.
Old November 8, 2013, 06:44:45 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
I was wondering this too, but I can't find an X and Y-updated move database. Want to do a test battle with me and find out?
Old November 8, 2013, 07:16:27 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
I was wondering this too, but I can't find an X and Y-updated move database. Want to do a test battle with me and find out?
We could do a battle, but I think those above have already confirmed that forme changing items cannot be removed.

New question: Can male Combee use the Eviolite? Even so, is there any prospective use for a male Combee?
Old November 8, 2013, 07:39:51 PM
Celebi

Quote:
New question: Can male Combee use the Eviolite? Even so, is there any prospective use for a male Combee?
Well Since Male Combee cannot evolve They couldn't use it
so no. Male Combee's are Useless
Old November 9, 2013, 03:00:26 PM
Charizard

Has anyone noticed a slight oddity with Frogadier and Pokemon-amie? In his 3D model in battle and the stat screen, his eyes are normal looking, but in amie his pupils are just slits.

Last edited by BluFire1337; November 9, 2013 at 04:35:19 PM.
Old November 9, 2013, 07:15:46 PM

So, I was chaining for a Pokémon recently. When I got to around chain #25, the Pokeradar music changed (there were more trumpets and horns and it was faster). Anybody know what this means?

I've heard that it might mean that there's a high possibility to find a shiny Pokémon, but I don't know. My chain ended at 31.

EDIT: I actually found the theme, it's called Pokeradar Panic

Last edited by Reuniclus; November 9, 2013 at 07:17:38 PM.