View Poll Results: Should the edit of Team Aqua be named "Team Neptune?"
Yes! 10 90.91%
Nah, that's awful. 0 0%
I don't know. I like it, but I don't know. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old August 8, 2010, 05:59:21 PM
Haxorus

Incase I've caused panic, NO I AM NOT QUITTING MERCURY!!!

I uploaded a video to YouTube recently, check it out:

Google Chrome is really getting on my nerves right now.

*EDIT* One thing I forgot to mention. One thing about Pokémon Mercury is the fact that I started over on an entirely new ROM. Please note that there were bugs and palette glitches that were impossible to fix. The thing I forgot was this one important step:
ALWAYS CREATE A BACK-UP FOR YOUR ROM!!!
Anyways, yes, this time, I will not allow any glitches like this to happen.

Last edited by alternateshadow300; August 8, 2010 at 06:31:36 PM.
Old August 9, 2010, 05:27:07 PM
Floatzel

I noticed you said you need Magmiby sprited, and I'm on it
EDIT:I tried makin Magmiby...I can't, you'd be amazed how difficult this little blob of fire can be.

An just wondering, what will I be credited as in the game? Because so far I think my title should be "Guy who does whatever needs to be done at the moment"

Last edited by Sphinx; August 9, 2010 at 08:37:17 PM.
Old August 10, 2010, 08:26:42 AM
Haxorus

Sphinx, I guess. lol

Also, I all ready sprited Magmiby, so don't worry about it.

Last edited by alternateshadow300; August 10, 2010 at 11:36:36 AM.
Old August 10, 2010, 03:59:17 PM
Floatzel

I didn't really mean I want that title It was a joke ;D
Old August 10, 2010, 08:15:44 PM
Haxorus

Oh, okay.
Old August 12, 2010, 08:32:01 PM
Floatzel

Is there anything you need done right now? I don't have a whole lot to do right now.
Old September 2, 2010, 08:02:14 PM
Haxorus

Guys, right now, my hands are tied.

Someone on YouTube messaged me saying this:
"i was making a hack to it was gonna be called aluminum but i decided to call it mercury after i saw your update vid im already done with it and i published it to a special hack site and im geting so much positive feed back so sry you will have to chang the name "

Something tells me this is merely for harassment. 2 reasons why:
1. He wouldn't tell me what this "special hack site" is.
2. His grammar is awful, therefore he would not be able get positive feedback with the way he edits texts.

However, I do not know what to believe. There isn't proof that he's telling the truth, but either way.

**EDIT** I forgot to mention, I did not respond to his message.

Last edited by alternateshadow300; September 2, 2010 at 08:05:33 PM.
Old September 4, 2010, 07:17:04 AM
Floatzel

Tell him you won't change the name. You had it first. You had the name Mercury, he saw a video of it, and changed his hack to Mercury. He's probably lying anyway.
Old September 4, 2010, 10:53:16 AM
Haxorus

Liars are transparent.
Old September 20, 2010, 01:04:57 PM
Haxorus

Pokémon Mercury Version is being put on hold for a few months. The reason being is because I'm running out of ideas for Pokémon, town/city/route names, plots, etc.

I'll look at some things during the break for inspiration. Anyone who has worked for Mercury, I apologize for not requesting anything lately. Just don't work on it for now, and wait a few months. Thanks for helping.

Last edited by alternateshadow300; October 2, 2010 at 11:35:24 AM.
Old September 30, 2010, 07:19:47 PM
Haxorus

Okay, last night, I wrote a script for Pokémon Mercury and I wanna share it with everyone.

Pokémon Mercury Version
Merchrome and Neptine argument cutscene

Merchrome: Neptine, this is your fault! Why did you get in the way?!
Neptine: MY FAULT!?!?!? YOU'RE the one who is trying to kill FLEMTAYE just to create a stupid clone of Planet Mercury which will most likely end up looking like TRASH in the
end!
Merchrome: The clone was a priority, idiot! If I hadn't done this, you would all be enslaved by ARCEUS!
Neptine: ARCEUS? This is about ARCEUS?
Merchrome: And once I do this, all of life will be moved! Who gives a d*mn about FLEMTAYE?! There was no use for it anyways!
Neptine: He is the source of the energy for this region, Merchrome! Do your research, uneducated moron!
Merchrome: One, I am very well aware of him being the source of energy for this region. Two, what would the point BE of him if he was gonna be DEAD?! He would NOT be the source
of energy for Mercury˛!
Neptine: Mercury˛ was an awful idea from the beginning! And the thought of YOU being a GOD, just makes me sick! I wonder what you would do to the people of the planet!
[PLAYER]: Mind if I inter--
Neptine and Merchrome: SHUT UP, [PLAYER]!
[PLAYER]: ...
Merchrome: Mercury˛ is a brilliant idea! You always ruin everything I try to do, Neptine, and I'm fed up with it! You're so selfish!
Neptine: Unlike you, I actually care for the planet and the people and Pokémon who live on it, so don't DARE call me selfish!
Merchrome: Get out of my way, Neptine. I have a planet to clone.
Neptine: First explain to me what ARCEUS has to do with any of this.
[PLAYER]: Who is ARCEUS?
Merchrome: ... Very well. When I was 13, me and my family went poor. We had no money, no home, no Pokémon, nothing. My mother went to look for help and ended up finding 20 Pokédollars on
the ground. She picked it up and went off to buy something to eat. My sister went off to look for help herself. I sat there, waiting for both of them. I looked at the sky and I
preyed to ARCEUS, asking if he can please help us. I ended up talking to him. He said the reason we're stuck here is because of me. Me! I asked why, and he stated that I was a
troublemaker. He said I was doing too much bad deeds, but I don't recall ever doing anything bad. I never stole, I never killed, I didn't do anything! After our conversation,
my mother and my sister came back. We slept outside for the night. I woke up in the morning and noticed I was in the same area, but my sister and my mother were both gone. I saw
a letter on a tree. I picked it up and read it. It said:
Dear Merchrome,
Me, and mom will miss you. Apparently mom had a dream telling us to run far away from you, and she claims it sounded urgent. She told me to run away with her. I really didn't
want to, but she kept forcing me over to her. I tried to stay away but it seemed I had no other option. I'm sorry, Merchrome, you're on your own. I hope you understand.
Sincerely,
Amanda.
After that, I looked around. No one was around. A few cars but that's it. I was alone with a bunch of people driving around. I was scared. I blamed ARCEUS for this.
Neptine: ... I-I don't follow, you blame ARCEUS because you think he told them to ditch you?
Merchrome: Yes! You're getting on!
Neptine: But what reason is that!?
Merchrome: I don't want people to be enslaved by dreams that ARCEUS gives them! He could have done this to millions of people!
Neptine: ... As for Mercury˛. Why Mercury? Why clone Mercury and not anything else?
Merchrome: Mercury is the same size as our planet. If I can clone Mercury, I can fit everything in there and it'd be the same, just without that stupid ARCEUS as our God.
Neptine: What about water? Regions? The sky? If you're going to be a "God" then where will you stay, hm?
Merchrome: ... Er...
Neptine: And wouldn't it be quicker and easier to clone this planet instead?
Merchrome: Um... uh...
Neptine: And by the way, what happens if you DO clone this planet? Will it clone everything on the planet? Will it destroy everything, what'll happen?
Merchrome: Okay, enou--
Neptine: Lastly, why NOT clone this planet? If they're the same size, just do this planet! It'll be much easier--
Merchrome: SHUT UP! I AM AN ALIEN LIFE-FORM FROM MERCURY AND I'VE COME TO DESTROY THE WORLD OF POKéMON!
Neptine: ...... Whaaaaa?
Merchrome: ... That came out wrong. What I meant was I'm a terrorist. I am willing to destroy anything I see. I want to move life to Mercury, to torture and enslave everything
and everyone!
Neptine: You're... You're a monster!
Merchrome: K, well, takes one to know one budduh. Now move it, I have to get to FLEMTAYE. Block me one more time and you're finished.(walks away)
Neptine: [PLAYER], we have to get there, and FAST, before he kills FLEMTAYE!
[PLAYER]: Wait, who's ARCEUS?
Neptine: He's the God of the Pokémon world, no further explanation, now let's go!(flies away)

Arceus does NOT make an appearance, but he is mentioned a few times in the game, so... yeah...

Last edited by alternateshadow300; August 26, 2011 at 06:26:05 PM.
Old September 30, 2010, 07:38:38 PM
Giratina

That was a good argument. Filled with good text and stuff, and it's funny whenever the player talks, and when Merchrome blew up and said he was an alien.
Old October 9, 2010, 09:57:24 AM
Haxorus

Okay, so here's another Pokémon I came up with at school a couple days ago. Its name is Robug, and it's Bug/Steel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Robug.png
Views:	599
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	1194  
Old January 15, 2011, 01:59:48 PM
Haxorus

OH MAN FIRST UPDATE OF THE NEW YEAR W000000000000000000T

what is this i dont even.mid

Once again, a song I can not find a place for.
Old March 14, 2011, 05:46:05 PM
Haxorus

You know what can be treated as a good source for Pokémon names? Word searches. I was doing one and found a lot of words that we can use for the hack. I made a list, take a look.

Manustin
Elacite
Crustaefis
Idecil
Wihent
Ortusar
Gretsao
Huelant

More to come. If you want, you can help out by looking for random words in word searches.
Old March 19, 2011, 04:59:29 PM
Haxorus

Nevermind, problem solved. I'm stupid. I replied to a year-old post...

Last edited by alternateshadow300; March 19, 2011 at 05:02:37 PM.
Old May 6, 2011, 01:25:29 PM
Haxorus

Any experts who would like to be a stat editor? Basically what I want you to do is to come up with the perfect stats for the perfect Pokémon except some Pokémon(i.e. Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, etc. Those Pokémon are not being altered in any way at all).
Old July 6, 2011, 06:01:52 PM
Floatzel

*bump*
Is this project dead? If not, I am still ready to help if you need me!
Old July 7, 2011, 02:41:46 PM
Haxorus

No, it's still going on, just brainstorming as of now... Sorry.
Old July 9, 2011, 02:34:20 PM
Haxorus

I'll be a stat editor!

ARCANINE WITH 999 IN ALL STATS GOGOGO
Old July 20, 2011, 10:13:26 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK-9 View Post
I'll be a stat editor!

ARCANINE WITH 999 IN ALL STATS GOGOGO
No, that's too strong, but maybe Growlithe and Arcanine can actually be part of the regular dex without needing the national dex...
Old August 26, 2011, 05:54:12 PM
Haxorus

I decided to add another character to go along with the plot. His name is Samuel. He's the uncle of Merchrome and is helping him carry out the plan.
Old September 14, 2011, 07:46:54 PM
Mudkip

Location: Wisconsin. I'm from Florida, but I live in Wisconsin, or as I commonly refer to it as, Swissconsin.

I'd like to real quick announce that I am the full body artist/concept artist for Mercury. I so far have made two pieces of art, and I want to quick post them and find if they are legit/acceptable. They are of Kata and Secia. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kata Full Body.png
Views:	657
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	2258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Secia Full Body.png
Views:	616
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	2259  

Last edited by ValoryTheEevee; September 14, 2011 at 07:47:16 PM.
Old October 22, 2011, 07:31:55 PM
Haxorus

Okay, so I'm having trouble importing a sprite into the game.

I won't show anyone what the sprite is, but I'll go far enough to tell you it's a Pokémon.
I've made his sprite and everything, colored and whatnot, but when I insert him into UNLz, the palette is all messed up. I can't change its name either, because YAPE crashes every time I try. I'm a little confused right now...

**EDIT** Never mind, I fixed it.

Last edited by alternateshadow300; October 24, 2011 at 08:06:51 PM.
Old November 4, 2011, 05:44:14 PM
Mudkip

Location: Wisconsin. I'm from Florida, but I live in Wisconsin, or as I commonly refer to it as, Swissconsin.

Ok, so I will say this once: I am only trying to live up to my brother's expectations with this hack because he is the one making it. So here is Botan. It lives up to Alternateshadow300's expectations, therefore, I am fond of it. I want to real quick point out that "Botan" is actually the Japanese name of one of Misty's sister, Lily. So I think Botan being a woman is rather fitting.

The next one I am drawing is Bould.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Botan.png
Views:	632
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	2308  

Last edited by ValoryTheEevee; December 14, 2011 at 08:52:50 PM.
Old May 13, 2012, 06:46:37 PM
Haxorus

Please Read This    
I had a lot of ideas for this project. A lot of ideas in which I found to be very chilling. Although I for one did enjoy the majority of the ideas I'd come up with, it seems as if they will not see the light of day.
For all of you who contributed to this ROM hack, I sincerely thank you for devoting some of your time to do so. I'm angry at myself for making you do that. It's mostly my fault because I haven't thought of any ideas since November, or for that matter, I haven't even thought of this project in general.
I am canceling Pokémon Mercury Version. Mostly due to the fact that I really just do not have the time or opportunity to even open any of the tools I use to modify. Also because, again, I haven't enough contributors. I had enough for a while, but I never handed out requests to any of the said contributors, which led to a lot of them forgetting about the project. Hell, one of them just left VR completely.
I am very sorry to everyone who I made do any of this. If I could repay you for even deciding to work on this with me, I would.