Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 20, 2013, 07:43:53 PM
Volcarona

Default Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

Soooo, TCGO is technically a "Video Game" as it does have an ESRB rating... though it's really just the Official Game/Simulator to the amazing Pokemon TCG. Except you spend more monie this way, ingenious marketing technique there TPCi. *Ahem* Anyways, the main point. Does ANYONE here besides myself even play the TCG?! I'm soo aloneeeee~ ;A; Or at the very least, play TCGO? It's a GREAT tool to learn how to play the game. It makes it SO easy, I wish I had this when I first started playing all the way back in the Delta Species set (maybe two or so sets before Diamond and Pearl). But if anyone does play it, I'd love to play a game with anyone who actually plays it. x3 I've got about two decks in there. And I've built a replica of it with my real cards, but it's the deck I do not wish to bring to the tournaments (when there will be one that is, not sure if Worlds are over with or what yet). Basically, I run a Hydreigon deck that's all about hitting hard and a mean, super nasty-awesome Flygon deck~ <3
Old April 20, 2013, 08:53:06 PM
Administrator

My strategy at the actual game is pretty poor. I just collect the cards, particularly the ones with interesting graphics or of favorite Pokémon. I do have a rather sizable collection on TCGO, though, definitely enough to make a deck or two.
Old April 21, 2013, 09:13:10 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaDialga View Post
Does ANYONE here besides myself even play the TCG?!
I play and judge in official tournaments. I came in second in my league's weekly tournament yesterday. I also play TCGO. I'm currently trying to get the cards to copy my physical deck.

Quote:
not sure if Worlds are over with or what yet
They happen in the middle of August. You need an invite in order to participate, or you can play your way in in the last chance qualifier. Keep in mind that the current format allows you to use cards from the base Black & White set to current.

Last edited by isbragg; April 21, 2013 at 09:57:20 AM.
Old April 21, 2013, 07:03:58 PM
Kyurem

Heck i havnt played the tcg in awhile online, and in real life i got like 4 decks [mix of old and new cards] but i stopped buying the packs nowdays, i havnt bought a pack of pokemon cards in like 8 years....i just focus on the yugioh tcg nowdays.
Old May 6, 2013, 08:53:53 PM
Administrator

I decided to get back into it today, using the default Basic Red deck.

This is how you can sweep if you get lucky. This Typhlosion's Fire Spin deals a whopping 120 damage but costs two Fire Energies per use. Just load one of these up in your bench and pull it out when ready to sweep. I've got eight Fire Energies on it here.

Edit: Another good setup. Ninetales can pull three Fire Energies from the discard pile with one of its moves, so this duo can work great later in the game, or you can use Ninetales to retrieve those Fire Energies you used with Typhlosion. Flareon and Quilava both have attacks that that deal 90 or 60 damage, respectively, and cost a single Fire Energy each.

The key is to leave Typhlosion on the bench and load it up with extra Fire Energies until it's ready (or you're in a pinch). Unlike Flareon, you only have two Typhlosion in the deck, so don't waste them! Don't be afraid to sacrifice a weaker Pokémon if it saves Typhlosion from getting poisoned.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 9, 2013 at 03:00:22 PM.
Old May 7, 2013, 04:38:13 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I decided to get back into it today, using the default Basic Red deck.

This is how you can sweep if you get lucky. This Typhlosion's Fire Spin deals a whopping 120 damage but costs two Fire Energies per use. Just load one of these up in your bench and pull it out when ready to sweep. I've got eight Fire Energies on it here.

Edit: Another good setup. Ninetales can pull three Fire Energies from the discard pile with one of its moves, so this duo can work great later in the game, or you can use Ninetales to retrieve those Fire Energies you used with Typhlosion. Flareon and Quilava both have attacks that that deal 90 or 60 damage, respectively, and cost a single Fire Energy each.

The key is to leave Typhlosion on the bench and load it up with extra Fire Energies until it's ready (or you're in a pinch). Unlike Flareon, you only have a single Typhlosion in the deck, so don't waste it! Don't be afraid to sacrifice a weaker Pokémon if it saves Typhlosion from getting poisoned.
You need to look at he deck called "RayEels". I'm going to try and build it up or a Zekrom/Eelectrik deck. Eelectrik lets you add energies from the discard pile while Rayquaza's and Zekrom's attack do MASSIVE damage by discarding those energies. You can continue to just donk everything in your way if you get set up quick enough.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:06:47 PM
Volcarona

Just redeemed 25 Plasma Freeze codes form various PRs I had attended. The pic shows my big pull.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-09_00001.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	4831  
Old May 9, 2013, 02:39:20 PM
Administrator

Well, it's not entirely resilient.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TCGO Crash.png
Views:	600
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	4834  
Old May 9, 2013, 02:49:40 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Well, it's not entirely resilient.
Hey, hey Fuzzles. Gotta like those heap sections. They heap up too many times. I get that error a lot, it uses memory weird like that~

Anyways, I didn't grab a screenshot but I've done a lot today! Got my 8 online packs from the Prerelease codes I had (6 + 2 more if you attended the event, which I did of course!). I opened up two Thundurus EX in a row. Traded them both for a Life Dew, Thundurus EX (Full Art), and Hydreigion (PF), which was pretty decent I thought since I won't be using Thundurus EX. Just a heads up though, those Full Arts are going to be worth something in TCGO and out. Seems people are seeking them to use for possible future meta Plasma Pokemon decks. I also just traded a Klink-Klang for a Shiny Hydreigon and Golurk. I will use the Golurk to trade and get more goods. So I might be able to trade with anyone as I'm getting nothing but trade material so far! xD