Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 10, 2012, 01:35:00 AM
Mudkip

Default Mixed Rain Team

Hey guys. My search for a hyper offensive team is still going but this is different. I have here showcasing a mixed rain team I used against Reuniclus. I finally got the chance to use this team but I ended up losing 2-0. This will hopefully get me some ideas of how to improve this team but here is the team.

Politoed @ Drizzle
252 Sp. Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Modest Nature, Choice Scarf
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Hidden Power (Grass), Focus Blast

You hardly see scarfed Politoeds in a rain team because most are defensive, but I decided to give this guy a try. Surf being the main move will do damage since it's modest and in the rain. Ice Beam has coverage to grass and dragon types. Hidden Power Grass is mainly for Gastrodon and Water Absorb Jellicent doing some damage. Focus Blast puts a dent to Ferrothorn and other steel types.

Zapdos @ Pressure
252 Sp.Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Modest Nature, Life Orb
Moves: Thunder, Agility, Hidden Power (Ice), and Roost

This pokemon is one of my main sweepers on this team. Thunder being 100% accuracy in the rain and my Zapdos being Modest/Life Orb, Thunder can put a dent on a lot of things. Agility is for outspeeding dangerous scarfers or DD pokemon like Haxorus and Salamence. Hidden Power Ice is for those pesky dragon types that love to sweep. Roost is to get more HP from life orb recoil.

Jirachi @ Serene Grace
252 Defense 252 HP 4 SpD
Bold Nature, Leftovers
Moves: Substitute, Calm Mind, Water Pulse, Thunder

This little troll can be annoying. Serene Grace plus Thunder and Water Pulse can make it where Thunder can mostly paralyze or Water Pulse mostly confusing pokes. This set is a Sub/CM set. I can sub on the switch or when a pokemon in front of me can't do anything to Jirachi. Once I get a sub up, I can free to use Calm Mind until it is time to sweep. Thunder being the best move on Jirachi does significant damage plus having a big chance of paralyzing my opponent. Water Pulse is here for the rain boost and having a big chance of confusing. Both combined can cause parafusion and you would want to pull your hair out XD.

Tentacruel @ Rain Dish
252 HP 252 SpD 4 Defense
Calm Nature, Black Sludge
Moves: Rapid Spin, Toxic Spikes, Scald, Protect

Tentacruel's main usage is to be a support rapid spinner. Rapid Spin is extremely helpful if I have a couple pokemon that are extremely vulnerable to Stealth Rocks or wanting to get rid of Spikes. Tentacruel can also set up Toxic Spikes which helps in the long run, poisoning pokemon that give this team problems and to toxic stall. Scald being the only attacking move does get a chance of burn plus boosted by the rain which can help in desperate situations. Protect is to get HP by Rain Dish and Black Sludge or to toxic stall any pokemon on the field.

Feraligatr @ Torrent
252 Attack 104 HP 152 Speed
Adamant Nature, Life Orb
Moves: Swords Dance, Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Crunch

Feraligatr is also a huge sweeper on this team. One Swords Dance and it's ready to wreck. The HP Investment will help it live at least one hit before dying. Aqua Jet may not sound deadly at first but think about it; One Swords Dance, Stab, Adamant Nature, Life Orb, Boosted in the rain. Feraligatr can sweep with Aqua Jet once a swords dance is up. Waterfall is mainly the move if it's unnecessary to use Aqua Jet and to get some heavy damage off. Crunch is used for Ghost/Psychic Types that wall Feraligatr. Plus it can catch some opponents off guard if they are expecting Return.

Ferrothorn @ Iron Barbs
252 HP 88 Defense 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature, Rocky Helmet
Moves: Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Leech Seed, Gyro Ball

This Ferrothorn is different because it has Rocky Helmet instead of leftovers. Any pokemon that touches Ferrothorn will lost about a quarter of their HP. Ferrothorn is the main entry hazard poke with Stealth Rocks. Thunder Wave is for pokemon that need to be paralyzed like DD pokes or Scarfers that harm my team. Leech Seed is where I get my HP Recovery from. It will be hard getting some because opponent tend to switch out because of the leech seed but it is nice to get HP once in awhile. Gyro Ball is my only attacking move on this thing. Gyro Ball hits fast pokemon very hard and can do some damage.

If you have any ideas of how to improve this team up a bit, please comment ^_^
Old June 10, 2012, 01:43:12 PM
Joltik

I think the team looks pretty solid overall. The only things that I would suggest are move replacements for certain pokemon. For Jirachi, I would replace Substitute with Wish for a decent recovery move. For Feraligatr, I would replace Crunch with Ice Punch, as an ice move gives Feraligatr more type coverage than a dark type move.