Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 8, 2010, 05:20:29 PM
Celebi

Default My New OU Team

One of my racing friends and I created a new OU Team and I want it to be rated for improvements, so if all of you could do the honor of rating my new OU Team!

-Occa Berry
-Natural Cure
-Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
-EVs: 252 HP, 64 Sp.Atk, 192 Spd
-Moves:
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn
-Earth Power
-Leaf Storm

A Status Sponge. I went with the Occa to weaken Fire-Types because I couldnt think of anything else that I had. I went with Timid to up its Speed, (Hint: My entire team has Speed boosting Natures.) Stealth Rock is for set up, U-Turn to get a quick hit and then switch out, Earth Power for Heatran and other Fires, & Leaf Storm for STAB.

-Life Orb
-Natural Cure
-Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
-EV's: 4 Def, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd
-Moves:
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Yet another Status Sponge. Life Orb, you know what its for. Timid to up Speed which make it a tad faster than Infernape. Rapid Spin to clear spikes, etc., Surf for STAB, Tbolt for Bulky waters, & Ice Beam for Dragons.

-Leftovers
-Intimidate
-Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
-EV's: 156 HP, 88 Atk, 96 Def, 168 Spd
-Moves:
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

Leftovers to heal Gyarados. Jolly to up Speed. Taunt to mess with the opponent, DD to set up a killer, Waterfall for STAB and a 30% chance of a flinch, plus to take down Hippowdon & Gliscor, & Stone Edge for Zapdos and opposing Gyarados.

-Leftovers
-Sand Veil
-Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
-EV's: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Moves:
-Toxic
-Roost
-U-Turn
-Earthquake

Leftovers to heal. Jolly to up Speed. Toxic to poison, Roost to heal even more, U-Turn to hit and switch out, & Earthquake for STAB.

-Choice Scarf
-Flash Fire
-Naive (+Spd, -Sp.Def)
-EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 4 Sp.Def, 252 Spd
-Moves:
-Hidden Power (Grass)
-Earth Power
-Fire Blast
-Explosion

Choice Scarf to get the awesome Speed boost. Naive to up Speed. Substitute to avoid 1HKOs or 2HKOs, Earth Power for opposing Heatran and other Fires, Fire Blast for a powerful STAB and massive damage against Scizor and Celebi, & Explosion, you know what its for.

-Lum Berry
-Sandstream
-Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
-EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

DDtar, my fav! Lum Berry to keep DDtar going without a crippling status condition. Jolly to up Speed. DD for set up, Crunch for a stronger Pursuit, Earthquake for opposing ttars and Fires, & Stone Edge for STAB.

Last edited by [TRDRS]PokeTrader; November 30, 2010 at 03:08:15 PM.
Old September 8, 2010, 06:01:27 PM

Alright. Time to do some reviewing here.

Celebi- The set looks alright, the item is not. Occa Berry probably isn't the best choice. Not only do you not see many fire lead, aside from maybe Infernape, a lot of common leads can carry U-turn, which is sIf uper effective twice over. I'm not quite sure what I personally would put on it, to be honest.

Starmie- Simple enough. It looks alright.

Gyarados- I'm not really the expert on Gyarados. *Goes to check Smogon for reference* Ah, I see. You modified it a little. Jolly to possible outspeed other Gyarados, and Speed is always good. I'm not sure if it's always BETTER, but oh well.

Gliscor- You need to decide what to do with this thing man. Gliscor are epic physical walls, if you're going to use Toxic and Roost, boost up its HP and/or Defense (probably moreso HP) so it can take some hits. I see what you're trying to do there though

Heatran- How do you plan to pull off Sub while holding a scarf? That doesn't work, silly! Either drop the Scarf for another item and rearrange the EVs, or drop Sub.

Tyranitar- Standard set. Not too much to say here.
Old September 8, 2010, 06:04:21 PM
Kyurem

Oh boy! I have been meaning to rate some teams lately... comments in bold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TRDRS]PokeTrader View Post
One of my racing friends and I created a new OU Team and I want it to be rated for improvements, so if all of you could do the honor of rating my new OU Team!

-Occa Berry
-Natural Cure
-Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
-EVs: 252 HP, 64 Sp.Atk, 192 Spd
-Moves:
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn
-Earth Power
-Leaf Storm

A Status Sponge. I went with the Occa to weaken Fire-Types because I couldnt think of anything else that I had. I went with Timid to up its Speed, (Hint: My entire team has Speed boosting Natures.) Stealth Rock is for set up, U-Turn to get a quick hit and then switch out, Earth Power for Heatran and other Fires, & Leaf Storm for STAB.

Celebi is a fun and effective lead, needless to say, and can even come in later in the match to wreck some havoc. I don't see many problems with this set, standard and all that. So all I can give is some advice. When playing with people, get inside their heads a little bit! That's how you succeed! IF your facing a Swampert or a Hippowdon, do not simply spam Leaf Storm! More likely than not they will switch, so you may want to get up rocks first or maybe U-Turn out of there. Soooo yeah... not much to say, just giving basic advice. Also, watch out for Azelf. He's a huge pain.

-Life Orb
-Natural Cure
-Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
-EV's: 4 Def, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd
-Moves:
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Yet another Status Sponge. Life Orb, you know what its for. Timid to up Speed which make it a tad faster than Infernape. Rapid Spin to clear spikes, etc., Surf for STAB, Tbolt for Bulky waters, & Ice Beam for Dragons.

I personally don't like Rapid Spin on LO Starmie, but that's just me. Its really hard to use Starmie as a spinner when you are taking Life Orb damage every turn you stay in, take SR upon switching in (maybe even Spikes) and have to deal with Sandstorm from your Tyranitar. I personally think its better to have either spinner Starmie or offensive Starmie, and not to mix the two. You can do whatever you want, but dropping Rapid Spin may be a good idea.

-Leftovers
-Intimidate
-Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
-EV's: 156 HP, 88 Atk, 96 Def, 168 Spd
-Moves:
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

Leftovers to heal Gyarados. Jolly to up Speed. Taunt to mess with the opponent, DD to set up a killer, Waterfall for STAB and a 30% chance of a flinch, plus to take down Hippowdon & Gliscor, & Stone Edge for Zapdos and opposing Gyarados.

Oh boy, another standard set.. not much to say about this. :/ Everyone knows what Gyarados does, it kills stuff blah blah blah just remember that its SR could make you want to use Spinner Starmie and that Wish support never hurts. Since Sandstorm screws your Leftovers anyway you may as well drop it for Life Orb to get sheer damage output.

-Leftovers
-Sand Veil
-Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
-EV's: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Moves:
-Toxic
-Roost
-U-Turn
-Earthquake

Leftovers to heal. Jolly to up Speed. Toxic to poison, Roost to heal even more, U-Turn to hit and switch out, & Earthquake for STAB.

Here's a small tip for making RMTs, completely stating the obvious does not help reviewers in the least bit. Thought process PLEASE. This is a standard set I can't fix it, say WHY you picked it and HOW it has helped you. I know that Roost heals HP and Toxic poisons things but it is of no help at all.

-Choice Scarf
-Flash Fire
-Naive (+Spd, -Sp.Def)
-EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 4 Sp.Def, 252 Spd
-Moves:
-Substitute <---What?
-Earth Power
-Fire Blast
-Explosion

Subtran is pretty good. Choice Scarf to get the awesome Speed boost. Naive to up Speed. Substitute to avoid 1HKOs or 2HKOs, Earth Power for opposing Heatran and other Fires, Fire Blast for a powerful STAB and massive damage against Scizor and Celebi, & Explosion, you know what its for.

What? Substitute on Choice Scarf set? Nonono XD. This will do you ZERO good. Once you use it, you are locked into using it over and over and thus it is of no help to you at all. Get rid of it and replace it with Dragon Pulse or Hidden Power Grass, since predictable and standard sets seem to be your favorites.

-Lum Berry
-Sandstream
-Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
-EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

DDtar, my fav! Lum Berry to keep DDtar going without a crippling status condition. Jolly to up Speed. DD for set up, Crunch for a stronger Pursuit, Earthquake for opposing ttars and Fires, & Stone Edge for STAB.

Yep nothing else to say here. Look out for Infernape, Skarmory, Swampert, Machamp, and Bronzong and I think you will be fine.
When making an RMT, thought process is necessary. PLEASE say why you picked the Pokemon you did.
Old September 8, 2010, 06:07:44 PM
Celebi

Thanks, I'll change Gliscor and see how that will work, plus on Heatran I got him mixed up with my old one, lol. I meant to put Hidden Power (Grass).

Thanks 2 Alakazamaster, I wil make those changes too.

Thanks to both of you!!

Last edited by [TRDRS]PokeTrader; September 8, 2010 at 06:11:51 PM.
Old November 30, 2010, 03:12:31 PM
Celebi

Can someone go ahead and Lock this because its an old thread and it has alreaded been rated and a really old team.