Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old January 31, 2011, 11:14:51 PM
Volcarona

Default Black/White Localization Info Revealed

In a recent interview Joel Simon, Nintendo of America's localization coordinator, revealed a few aspects on the localization of Pokemon Black and White. Firstly, the Dream World feature will be delayed until approximately 1 month after launch to avoid the server issues that the Japanese version had. In addition, a hot spot service might be offered similar to the Poké Power Spot initiative currently in place in many Japanese stores and restaurants.

He also mentioned that Nintendo expects the Dream World to be more popular overseas than in Japan. He finally noted that Treehouse, who have been translating the main series games prior to Heart Gold/Soul Silver, are not translating Black and White and that TPCi will be doing the translation.

Source: 1UP Bulbanews
Old February 3, 2011, 02:16:45 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsaberslash View Post
and that TPCi will be doing the translation
Is this the first time TPCi has done it? If not, do they do a good job? Good call on the dream world, as there are much more players in the US then Japan. I'm sure we would have had even more server issues.
Old February 3, 2011, 02:26:17 PM
Kyurem

Pokémon is showing increasing trends towards appealing to a teenage market. Several years ago I had complained extensively at both the generally poor quality and the excessively 6-year-old target of Diamond and Pearl's English translation... if its not already obvious, I am very glad that this will happen, since it really can't get any worse than it already is.

Oh yeah, can anyone confirm for me TCPi also translated HeartGold/SoulSilver, since that was my impression from the article?
Old February 4, 2011, 01:01:31 AM
Rayquaza

I still don't know much of the Dream World nor how it works (and I do not want any spoilers please), but I hope that it works with everyone in this world, and not only in selected countries, so that I can have a chance to try it out. I also think it it a good idea to delay the launch of the Dream World for the reason they mentioned, and I don't really mind. My game will take more than a month of be completed, so it is going to be okay, I am not in a hurry.
Old February 4, 2011, 02:12:26 AM
Giratina

It's good that they are planning to prevent any server issues from happening when the games are released. At least that's better than trying to sign in to the Dream World the whole day and getting frustrated in the process.
Old February 5, 2011, 11:44:56 AM
Regigigas

I have no idea how the dream world works, but I want access to it ASAP. Though from what I've read they still haven't released Sableye yet, and I have no idea how to get the dream world starters. Also, can you even access it with a normal DS?