Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old February 16, 2011, 01:03:33 PM
Regigigas

Default CoroCoro Scans Leaked; Various Movie and Event Details Revealed

Scans of CoroCoro Magazine have been leaked onto the internet as expected, and have confirmed the existence of two separate movies to premiere in July, Victini and the Black Hero:Zekrom (Victini to Kuroki Eiyū:Zekrom) and Victini and the White Hero:Reshiram (Victini to Shiroki Eiyū:Reshiram) [*Note::The words "Kuroki" and "Shiroki" can mean both "Black" and White" or "Dark" and "Light", respectively]. The official website has also been updated accordingly with said details. Furthermore, a very brief amount of plot information has been posted by Nikkan Sports, an online sports newspaper, and is as follows:

"The protagonist, Satoshi and his Pikachu are competing in the harvest festival battle held in Eind Oak, the place where the People of the Earth Live. The story remains the same, until they meet the mysterious Pokémon Victini, however the Legendary Pokémon will differ between the two movies. The "Black Hero" features Zekrom, who first appears when it recognizes a human in pursuing "ideals", and in "White Hero", Reshiram is featured, appearing after recognizing a human in pursuit of "truth".

Besides the unveiling of the two movies, it was also announced that fans can vote for any of the 153 revealed species of Pokémon in Unova, Pikachu, or Meowth to be distributed to their games, starting on June 15th. Additionally, a contest is being held in which children may draw their own version of one of the movie posters, with the winning entry being printed as an official poster, being featured in it's respective movie, and the entrant having a small voice role in said movie. The Victini that was previously announced to be downloadable at the movie theatres will come with a Wish Ribbon, be holding a Fire Jewel, and inside a Cherish Ball. It will also know V-Generate, as previously known, and Ball of Flame, another Fire-type movie with 100% Accuracy and Base Power, as well as a 30% chance of burning the target, as revealed by a blog on the official website. The same blog also hinted at an upcoming announcement, saying there "might" be a big one close to the beginning of March, regarding the film.

The CoroCoro scans also contained information regarding a Zoroark Wi-Fi download, to be held from February 15th to March 14th, with it knowing the move Bark Out. It was also noted that breeding said Zoroark with a Ditto will allow players to obtain a Zorua knowing Bark Out.

The sixth and seventh CoroCoro scans advertised the the Black and White Collection TCG Expansion, revealed in December of last year, and the recently revealed Battle Battle Strength Decks, as well as displaying prizes children can win for learning how to play the TCG at the Pokémon Center "Open Challenge" tournaments to be held on March 19th. Finally, a poster was included in the magazine, which contained all the Pokémon found in Unova, except for the three Event Pokémon.

The image revealing the new movie from the Official Website

Another image depicting the revelation of the second movie.
The movie poster for Victini and the Black Hero:Zekrom

The movie poster for Victini and the White Hero:Reshiram

Source(s):
Pokémon Movie 14 Official Japanese Website
Nikkan Sports Website

Last edited by Shadow; February 16, 2011 at 08:28:55 PM.
Old February 16, 2011, 05:40:47 PM
Kyurem

Somehow I had a feeling that they'd make a movie to go with Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom.
Now to be on the lookout for them. :>
Old February 16, 2011, 08:40:06 PM
Giratina

The drawing contest seems like a creative idea to involve Pokémon fans and keep them even more excited. The possibility of landing yourself a small voice role in the upcoming movies is appealing, at least to me. And speaking of the movies, I'm still curious to find out more about the differences in the plot, but I guess I'll need to wait until March for more information to be revealed.

By the way, the Zoroark Wi-Fi event is for the Japanese B/W, right?

Last edited by Shadow; February 16, 2011 at 08:42:11 PM.
Old February 16, 2011, 10:44:40 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
By the way, the Zoroark Wi-Fi event is for the Japanese B/W, right?
Yes. It is only for the Japanese versions.

Anyway, I guess the plot is the same, but with different characters. They are just doing two versions to match the split of the games. I would also say that they are trying to get more money from those who are really interested in watching both the movies. If it was to me, I would prefer to watch the Dark Hero version.