Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old October 19, 2011, 12:58:14 PM
Volcarona

Default Pokemon Gray Website Domain Registered

Pokemongray.com has been registered by Melbourne IT Digital Brand Services. Melbourne IT DBS also registered the domain for Pokemon Black and White.

The other English counterpart Grey has not been registered and is, at the time of writing, a pay-per-click website.

While this could be a hint towards the third version of Black and White, this may be Nintendo covering ground so others can't register the domain.
Old October 19, 2011, 01:02:21 PM
Charizard

They did register "pokemonamethyst.com", so I would assume this is just so nobody else registers the domain.
But Grey/Gray is probably the only name I could think about for a third version.
Old October 19, 2011, 01:57:34 PM
Kyurem

I remember a link on /vp/ a couple months ago with a list of various domains Nintendo registered.
Some of which were named Crimson, Amethyst, and Grey.
Old October 19, 2011, 05:20:00 PM
Regigigas

Hm... If they've registered the domain, that at least means they're considering the name...

...Yeah I'd say it's pretty dang likely this is gonna be the name of the third version.
Old October 19, 2011, 05:34:20 PM
Kyurem

Considering everything in-game, and the theme naming of the games, Gray is pretty likely. However... if they decide to surprise us with a completely unrelated name, then... well, I think I would be in shock.
Old October 19, 2011, 05:44:00 PM
Shaymin

Knowing me and my problems with waiting I will probably check often if or if not the default "In construction" website has changed.
Old October 19, 2011, 06:58:18 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Knowing me and my problems with waiting I will probably check often if or if not the default "In construction" website has changed.
I don't check websites often - I often get my news second-hand often. That said, the chances of the third game being named Gray/Grey (if they do change it for non-America games) are pretty high at this point.

(I wonder what are the other possible names?)
Old October 19, 2011, 11:34:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
Considering everything in-game, and the theme naming of the games, Gray is pretty likely. However... if they decide to surprise us with a completely unrelated name, then... well, I think I would be in shock.
Sounds like the naming of Crystal to me. Platinum would have made a lot more sense for the third version of Gold/Silver.

Anyway, not really much to comment on regarding the domain name purchase.
Old October 20, 2011, 12:41:35 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Sounds like the naming of Crystal to me. Platinum would have made a lot more sense for the third version of Gold/Silver.

Anyway, not really much to comment on regarding the domain name purchase.
Yeah, until when you realise that nothing legendary matches Platinum back in Gen II... mostly. The same thing might also go for Gen IV and Crystal. (I'm wondering why they went with Suicune of all things back then.)

Speaking of domain names... I wonder what other unused domain names were registered with the right registrants?
Old October 20, 2011, 01:51:30 AM

What if I had registered the domain name first? Would they have tried to pay me to have it?
Old October 20, 2011, 01:59:52 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
What if I had registered the domain name first? Would they have tried to pay me to have it?
We'll probably never know at this point. Hold on... would they block these kind of registrations?

Speaking of game names, I do think Nintendo tends to register a lot of trademarks sometime in the year... sometimes full of potential Pokémon version names.
Old October 20, 2011, 03:35:40 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
But I can't imagine it being Diamond Version with Dialga, Pearl Verion with Palkia, and Crystal Version with Giratina... The names suit the pokemon better.
Old October 20, 2011, 04:08:40 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
But I can't imagine it being Diamond Version with Dialga, Pearl Verion with Palkia, and Crystal Version with Giratina... The names suit the pokemon better.
Precisely. When it comes to theme naming, having the name fit in with the Pokémon in question is much more preferred to having all the names be of the same type of name. This is exactly what happened with Gen II and Gen V - things do not match up properly. Nothing legendary matches up with Platinum with only Gen II Pokémon - same thing goes for Gen IV and Crystal without resorting to events.

Last edited by Twiggy; October 20, 2011 at 04:08:52 AM.
Old October 20, 2011, 09:53:23 AM
Rayquaza

Interesting. If Nintendo has really registered the domain, then we can assume that the game has already been finished.
Old October 20, 2011, 12:06:18 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Interesting. If Nintendo has really registered the domain, then we can assume that the game has already been finished.
But then we would have to assume Nintendo finished a Pokémon Amethyst version.
Old October 20, 2011, 01:25:14 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
There's plenty of unused domains that Nintendo have registered. This doesn't necessarily mean Nintendo is gonna call the third version Gray or even use the domain.
Old October 21, 2011, 01:16:15 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsaberslash View Post
There's plenty of unused domains that Nintendo have registered. This doesn't necessarily mean Nintendo is gonna call the third version Gray or even use the domain.
I think that many of the unused domains either are left truly unused or redirected to the main sites. That said, what are the unused domains?
Old October 21, 2011, 04:10:07 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
I think that many of the unused domains either are left truly unused or redirected to the main sites. That said, what are the unused domains?
White Gold was registered (i.e. Pokemonwhitegold.com), which redirects to Nintendo's site.
That's all I can remember.

Last edited by zsaberslash; October 21, 2011 at 04:10:19 AM.
Old October 25, 2011, 08:05:27 AM
Giratina

As much as I'm inclined to believe that this hints at the coming third title, the fact that other unused domains have been registered suggests otherwise. And since I don't want to set my hopes high at this point, I'll just wait and see what's going to happen in the (near) future.
Old October 25, 2011, 10:43:18 AM
Kyurem

I see no reason not to see this as a hint for the fabled Grey version. After all, every other generation of Pokemon has had a 3rd game in the series, and the 3rd game has always put the two before it to shame. Grey would make money and please the fanbase, so it really is just a matter of waiting until Game Freak leaks something.
Old October 26, 2011, 02:07:31 PM
Floatzel

Default Pokemon Grey..?

FAKE GAME, A FRAUD! it`ll fail if it`s released too.

Last edited by ReshZek200; October 26, 2011 at 02:09:07 PM.
Old October 26, 2011, 07:29:08 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReshZek200 View Post
FAKE GAME, A FRAUD! it`ll fail if it`s released too.
How could you already jump to an assumption that it would fail?
I, for one, believe it will be another success for the Pokemon series. Like Ala stated above, the third game has been known for putting the other two games to shame by it's pure awesomeness. Plus it's a Pokemon game, so that will truly please the fans.
And, like Ala also stated, this game would mean more money for GF, so I doubt they have no intentions on creating it.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. I mean, we haven't even been given a small glimpse or leak of the game's details. It truly is too early to judge a book by it's cover when this "book" hasn't been even given a "cover".
There could be a ton of great things they can do with Grey. c:

Last edited by Shiny; October 26, 2011 at 07:32:33 PM.
Old October 27, 2011, 06:20:17 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
How could you already jump to an assumption that it would fail?
I, for one, believe it will be another success for the Pokemon series. Like Ala stated above, the third game has been known for putting the other two games to shame by it's pure awesomeness. Plus it's a Pokemon game, so that will truly please the fans.
And, like Ala also stated, this game would mean more money for GF, so I doubt they have no intentions on creating it.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. I mean, we haven't even been given a small glimpse or leak of the game's details. It truly is too early to judge a book by it's cover when this "book" hasn't been even given a "cover".
There could be a ton of great things they can do with Grey. c:
true dat. ^^