Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 2, 2012, 04:05:44 PM
Giratina

Default PH4NT0M's UU

~UU BEASTING~

Okay, this is my UU Team and I have done pretty well with it so I'm gonna post it!

Strategy/Team Goal:    

Ambipom uses Fake Out. Either kill the opponent with a boosted Acrobatics or Low Sweep OR if Ambipom is faster, U-Turn to Xatu on someone who will set up or just switch to Xatu. Xatu reflects things and could paralyze them. Then I can switch/U-Turn Xatu out to either Houndoom or Quagsire depending on the opponent. The paralyze will either make the opponent switch or stun them for a turn, letting me able to set up Curse/Nasty Plot. If they fail, I can come in with a late game sweep from a Choiced Physical (Flygon) or a Choiced Special (Yanmega)!

Ceaser (Ambipom) (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Low Sweep
In my opinion, this is the best UU Lead Ever! Start off with an over powered Fake Out (Normal Gem). Acrobatics gives off extra power from no item held. U-Turn for a get-a-way move. Low Sweep is just an awesome filler that abuses that Technichan Trait.

Mystic (Xatu) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Night Shade
- U-turn
Mystic is great for leads who set up stealth rocks or spikes or whatever status and stuff. The strategy is to Fake Out with Ambipom and then switch into Xatu. Or if the lead is ghost type, switch right away! Then, he MAGIC BOUNCES the status/set up right back at his opponent. Yes opponent, you may pull your hair out now. He can even set up some status of his own on the switch (Predicting there will be one) He also makes a great wall!

Bug Demon (Yanmega) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
Yanmega deals off great damage no matter what it uses because of its ability. Choice Specs > Scarf for boosted power and because it has amazing speed already. Bug Buzz, Air Slash and U-turn get STAB. Giga Drain is for extra health when needed.

Quaggy (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
Quaggy is just... an annoyance to teams. The idea is to switch on a stupid attack or a wall that wont deal much damage or something and then curse up. HAHA WALLS, EAT YOUR BERRY NOW! Oh wait, YOU CAN'T Eventually, physical attackers attack, and Quaggy laughs at them as he recovers, eats his lefties and hits back with powerful moves. E-quake and Waterfall get STAB.

Cerberus (Houndoom) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Counter
Okay, this hell dog gets a KO almost every battle. Against physical attackers, use counter when you know they attack physically. It kills soooo much as it lives with 1 HP left thanks to Focus Sash. Or if you think you can pull it off, go for the Nasty Plot sweep! Flamethrower for STAB, Dark Pulse for STAB, Nasty Plot for even more fire power, and Counter is explained above. To add "Fire Power" there is "FLASH FIRE"

Red Eyes (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
The ultimate revenge killer! Earthquake to destroy steels that plague Flygon, Outrage for powerful STAB, U-turn to get away from things, and Stone Edge as a filler that removes ice types that threaten him greatly.

So yeah, that's is my team! Rate it and give some good tips!

Last edited by PHANTOMxTRAINER; January 25, 2012 at 05:49:17 PM.
Old January 2, 2012, 05:18:20 PM

See the bold for my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
~UU BEASTING~

Okay, this is my UU Team and I have done pretty well with it so I'm gonna post it!

Ceaser (Ambipom) (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Technician
- Fake Out
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Low Sweep
In my opinion, this is the best UU Lead Ever! Start off with an over powered Fake Out (Normal Gem). Acrobatics gives off extra power from no item held. U-Turn for a get-a-way move. Low Sweep is just an awesome filler that abuses that Technichan Trait.

Looks good, very powerful lead-killer

Mystic (Xatu) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Night Shade
- U-turn
Mystic is great for leads who set up stealth rocks or spikes or whatever status and stuff. The strategy is to Fake Out with Ambipom and then switch into Xatu. Or if the lead is ghost type, switch right away! Then, he MAGIC BOUNCES the status/set up right back at his opponent. Yes opponent, you may pull your hair out now. He can even set up some status of his own on the switch (Predicting there will be one) He also makes a great wall!

I like the idea of it Magic Bouncing, looks good for a Ferrothorn counter.

Bug Demon (Yanmega) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
Yanmega deals off great damage no matter what it uses because of its ability. Choice Specs > Scarf for boosted power and because it has amazing speed already. Bug Buzz, Air Slash and U-turn get STAB. Giga Drain is for extra health when needed.

I usually see Speed Boost Yanmegas with Modest nature. I know you want a specs set, but U turn is a little weird on it. I think a Hidden Power would be a better substitute.

Quaggy (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
Quaggy is just... an annoyance to teams. The idea is to switch on a stupid attack or a wall that wont deal much damage or something and then curse up. HAHA WALLS, EAT YOUR BERRY NOW! Oh wait, YOU CAN'T Eventually, physical attackers attack, and Quaggy laughs at them as he recovers, eats his lefties and hits back with powerful moves. E-quake and Waterfall get STAB.

Quaqsire looks good , I would maybe subsititue Waterfall for Ice Punch, but its your call really.

Cerberus (Houndoom) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Counter
Okay, this hell dog gets a KO almost every battle. Against physical attackers, use counter when you know they attack physically. It kills soooo much as it lives with 1 HP left thanks to Focus Sash. Or if you think you can pull it off, go for the Nasty Plot sweep! Flamethrower for STAB, Dark Pulse for STAB, Nasty Plot for even more fire power, and Counter is explained above. To add "Fire Power" there is "FLASH FIRE"

I use this set a lot and it works very well ^^

Red Eyes (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
The ultimate revenge killer! Earthquake to destroy steels that plague Flygon, Outrage for powerful STAB, U-turn to get away from things, and Stone Edge as a filler that removes ice types that threaten him greatly.

Maybe Adamant instead of Jolly, but Jolly works too

So yeah, that's is my team! Rate it and give some good tips!
Overall, it looks good. There is a slight Rock weakness, but you seem to counter Rock types well with your other pokemon. Good job Ph4antom! ^^
Old January 2, 2012, 05:21:40 PM
Giratina

THANKS REUN! THANKS FOR RATING IT SOO LATE x.x JK but note that this will mostly be used for UU and... Ferro... That's the most used Pokemon in OU and... OU isn't UU xP
Old January 3, 2012, 02:19:46 PM
Kyurem

Nice job, not much bad about this team.
Old January 3, 2012, 02:21:06 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast View Post
Nice job, not much bad about this team.
Oh why thank you :]
Old January 3, 2012, 02:44:24 PM
Kyurem

I do like your lead Ambipom. Everything seems to be strategical in order to pull off damage for any threats that may loom on leads. I do also like the idea of a powerful, Magic Bouncing switch-in Xatu. Your Quagsire looks very covered, but I would consider a more careful approach to its glaring Grass-type weakness, and, as Reuniclus suggested, add in Ice Punch for some extra coverage. I can see why you put in Waterfall, but my guess is that Ice Punch would be more fitting. Also, seeing as Flygon is more of an assault destroyer, I agree again with Reuniclus and say Adamant would work better for higher Attack power. Of course, if your concern is with the Speed, then go right ahead and keep it. Hey, you know more about your team than I do!

All in all, it looks like a very impressive team.
Old January 3, 2012, 03:04:18 PM
Magikarp

BIG PROBLEM!
I see Ice and Rock as a big problem...
If Xatu is dead, then GG Rocks will murder your team...
Old January 3, 2012, 06:19:08 PM
Giratina

Ehh I see what you mean about the Last sentence but I have other pokemon to back the rest up (Ice Rock weakness)
Old January 6, 2012, 03:06:32 PM
Kyurem

Your team looks good to me. I dont much of UU tier in gen.5, but as you said you got your weakness handled.
Old January 9, 2012, 05:38:02 PM
Giratina

Thanks Kakashi!
Old January 10, 2012, 09:35:12 AM
Kyurem

Hey maybe when i get a team going for UU i wanna try to beat this team. (PO right?)
Old January 11, 2012, 02:04:44 PM
Giratina

Yeah, thats right! Will do Kakashi!
Old January 25, 2012, 05:05:23 PM
Giratina

Double Post:
Okay, I came up with a strategy/"Goal" to my team:
Ambipom uses Fake Out. Either kill the opponent with a boosted Acrobatics or Low Sweep OR if Ambipom is faster, U-Turn to Xatu on someone who will set up or just switch to Xatu. Xatu reflects things and could paralyze them. Then I can switch/U-Turn Xatu out to either Houndoom or Quagsire depending on the opponent. The paralyze will either make the opponent switch or stun them for a turn, letting me able to set up Curse/Nasty Plot. If they fail, I can come in with a late game sweep from a Choiced Physical (Flygon) or a Choiced Special (Yanmega)!

I will put the strategy/goal in the first post for the lazy ones who cba to read it all the way down here again =]