Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 20, 2011, 03:18:55 PM
Zoroark

Default I'm gonna just say it out loud...

The Japanese anime for Pokemon Best Wishes is completely superior to the English dubbing of Pokemon Black and White. Seriously, watch the same episode in different languages with subs for the Jap version (whatever sources you use) and notice the care taken in the Japanese version compared to the English (this is more than just a wooboo observation; the English one is just tacky in style and things were literally taken out).

Better opening, better voices (characters and Pokemon), better credits (heck, even a clever play on words with the BW Pokerap that I KNOW the English one won't have). I guess Game Freak just doesn't love America enough to give us what Japan gets.

Pfff. I miss Season 1 back in the good old days.
Old July 11, 2011, 07:34:22 AM
Regigigas

I've never really watched the japanese anime, but I agree with you. The opening for the english dub is too short and the music is suckish. And of course there aren't even any ending credits. I hate how in the movies, the ending credits are there, but fast-forwarded and taking up only a quarter of the screen with an ad for Regular Show or something taking up the rest. And I swear, during the sinnoh arc, someone said the phrase "as well" every other sentence...

It especially saddens me that the dubbing got worse after TPCI took over.

Last edited by Leaftail; July 11, 2011 at 07:34:45 AM.
Old July 29, 2011, 01:57:09 PM
Landorus

I once saw a black and white episode and I almosted died it was so bad. The pics for the japanese look awasome .
Old August 1, 2011, 05:00:54 PM
Regigigas

Once Diamond and Pearl kicked in, the anime always seemed to be about friendship. What happened to becoming the very best that no one ever was?