Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 24, 2009, 04:01:50 PM
Mudkip

Default Shattered Bonds [Rp]

((OOC: This is where you post your installments of the RP. Any Pokemon that no one has claimed will reamin unconsious. None of the groups landed near enough to each other to be able to get there within a week, and most pokemon are wounded.))

"Is it done yet?!"

"Uh... not quite sir..."

A meek man in a slim, white lab coat pushed up his glasses that were far to large for his face. On the other side of the room, a gruff man with jet black hair had a gruff expression on his face. He was in a business suit the color of his neatly cut hair.

"Aah..." the man in the lab coat sighed, "It's done now, it's ready."

"HAH!" The taller man exclaimed, clenching his fists in front of his face, "With each of these machines placed in every region, NOTHING will stop me from taking all the Pokemon in the world for myself!"

The large metal machine rested atop the frighteningly high pillar, which towered over the Johto region with presence. There was obviously a sinister vibe wavering from it.

"Now, William, set the frequency to drive the strongest of the strongest, the masters of the forces of nature, completely berserk! If their minions are gone, they'll be no one to protect them from my might! AHAH!"

Surely a chilling speech.

But I wasn't William, or the man blathering on in his nonsense, or any of them.

Lord Ho-oh had just been on a rather long flight, and was resting along with us. Entei was being strict as usual, 'Raikou stop, you my zap his lord, Suicune keep your liquid of death away.' But I knew him and just chuckled to myself as I cleaned their fur. As much as Entei showed nervousness around the water, he still needed to be clean.

What happened next is burnt into my mind forever.

We saw all of Lord Ho-oh's eyes fade to white.

"M'lord? Are you well?" Entei said, showing concern.

"Lord Ho-oh?" Raikou said with a tinge of fear in his growl.

A massive roar was let off. Flames shot towards us, away from us, everywhere. We were blasted into the sky.
The sky is Ho-oh's domain, none other. We learned this today. We'll never forget why we call him our Lord.

Something like lightning flew up to us. Is Raikou fighting? Lightning isn't red.

Flames filled the sky and for a second I wondered if we would die in the same way we did all those years ago. I tried to douse the scorching flames, but all I did was let out steam, that blasted each of us away. I saw them fall to an Island I'd never seen before, and I fell towards it too. But when I neared the ground, all I saw was darkness. Entei and Raikou were nowhere around...
Old August 24, 2009, 04:16:11 PM
Shaymin

Default Re: Shattered Bonds [Rp]

(Log 347: Registeel- Begin Playback? [Yes/No]

[Yes]

LOG 347. DAY 347.

DAY BEGIN.

MOVEMENT.

ANALYZE: GOLEM POCKET MONSTER- REGIROCK. QUERY TO REGIROCK: "ANALYISIS OF REGIGIGAS HIBERNATION CHAMBER COMPLETE? [Yes/No] RESPONSE FROM REGIROCK [Yes]

MOVEMENT. DESTINATION: REGIGIGAS HIBERNATION CHAMBER.

ANALYZE: GOLEM POCKET MONSTER- REGICE. QUERY TO REGICE: "CURRENT STATUS OF CHAMBER?"

QUERY REPLY: "LAST REPORTED STATUS (Clear.) CURRENT REPORTED STATUS (Unverified)."

MOVEMENT. ARRIVAL AT DESTINATION.

SCANNING...SCANNING... SCAN COMPLETE. (No hazardous material detected, no containment breach detected, status Clear.)

(Alert! Alert! Regigigas hibernation chamber breached. Threat level Maximum, status Danger.)

ANALYZE.

"ILLOGICAL."

ANALYSIS COMPLETE. GOLEM TRIO MASTER POCKET MONSTER REGIGIGAS CONFIRMED.

"Warning! Nearby explosive detonation! Impact in three, two, one..."

ANALYZE. EXPLOSIVE DETONATION OCCURANCE. RECIEVED IMPAC--

(Log 347- Playback ended.)
Old August 24, 2009, 04:47:41 PM
Servine

"Telepathic link established, now tell us Mesprit, what was so important you had us do this?" Azlef asked

"Listen, I know I called for really dumb reasons before but this time it's serious" I responded

"And that reason is?" Uxie asked impatiently.

"I can't find Master's Mind Plate, I think it's lost , I mean that's his FAVORITE PLATE!"

"Please, no shouting keeping up this link is hard enough to keep up. Anyway now think about this,
what was the last plate master had on him?"

"Err, umm"

I hesitated to ask because I knew the answer. He had the Mind Plate with him.

"You know you can't hide anything from us when we're like this. We can search each others minds
without the other knowing, our link is that strong, another psychic pokemon could probably grab
it and tug at our minds" Azlef said

"I know what you're gonna say next 'and that's why it's so dangerous for us to talk like this'
jeez I know, I know. It's just that we...

But before I could finish something stabbed at our linked minds causing us all to feel the same
pain

"WHAT WAS THAT??" I quickly responded.

"No..It can't be, ...Master's ...awake" Azlef said if scared

"So?"

"Something seems different.Quick! Break the connection!"

But before we could, one word rang through our minds:

"JUDGMENT!"

An extremely powerful psychic fore pulled our connection apart and teleported us away from our tombs
and knocked us out.

When I woke up I had an extremely bad headache and found myself in an unknown location nowhere near
Azlef or Uxie.
Old August 24, 2009, 04:48:29 PM
Regigigas

Three lights hovered in the haze. One, the sun, assailed my eyes with its explosive light. It was brighter than usual, dangerously so, appearing with clarity in the midst of chaos and distortion, the only anchor to my vision and yet the only thing that hurt to gaze upon. Below it, an undulating motion of blues and purples, gently tilting in and out of focus, being faded by the harsh sunlight. Within that blue vortex there was a lesser light that soothed the eyes, glowing gently and pulsating. Above the haze, bathed in the boiling light of the sun, was a red disk that grew and shrunk, dilating my pupils and always remaining out of focus, as if it shone from beyond this world. The three lights shone before me, bringing only a stinging sensation to the eyes, blasting forth impossible brightness. Apart from them I felt nothing.

I closed my eyes and fell into the darkness of thought, shrouded in a pensive web of ideas and recollections. What had happened? I was traveling, watching summer turn to spring, heading for... for our old place of refuge. This memory shook me with fear, and I wondered for a second if I had caused it to happen. But that did not seem possible. So I fell back into memory. I was still traveling. The trip was a long one, and I had gone for an unimaginable distance, despite my speed. In the place before the great cities that formed lines of light and color down endless rows, that cast impossible shadows into their neighbors, that rose and fell in line beyond a sea of black and silver. Our place of refuge was near, I was sure of it, for I saw the shortest of the pillars appear again and grow. This was a journey... that I should never have made. But I had to, having saw the place in ruin. And as I was traveling...

I had to rest my thoughts. The light shone even through my eyelids, impossibly bright. I could only muster in my mind a command. I told the light to stop. Yet in response it shone ever brighter, mocking my authority. Never before had light done such a thing. The arrows of light shot into my web of thought, piercing the shroud I had placed myself under. I felt an unbearable pain. The brightness was too much. Finally, it ebbed. I returned to memory.

I was traveling, going through those ruins back to that old place... the Hall. And it happened again, just as before. It was like that triangle of crimson light, that grasped me by my leg and dragged me back, blurring everything, tugging with unimaginable force and speed. Yet this time, there was only a flash, that seemed to be everywhere at once, across all distance in all directions. It came out from nowhere, where it had not been before, where it could not be, as if it emerged at an unknowable pace, with terrible force from all eight directions. At first I was certain it was the shadow. And yet I knew that the shadow would never take the form of light. As the light absorbed my body, I felt as if on fire. Pain enclosed me in its vicegrip, tearing from my throat screams of agony. My memories ended there.

I opened my eyes. Before me, I saw the three lights. The sun battered my eyes again, and I struggled to hold them open, to focus, as if that act would decay its power. And as I did so, the sun, which normally appears as a line, shrunk down into a clean circle. I realized then with a shock that my assailant was in fact the moon. Its light was white and cleansing, reduced from the power of its earlier assualt. Why had I thought it was the sun?

In the bluish haze below the moon, I recognized its reflection, the second of the two lights. That haze was the sea, flowing smoothly yet making no noise, a dead procession of rise and fall.

It was the third light that took longest for me to comprehend. After returning once more to memory, I recalled the smoothness of the stone pillars, the sentinels above the ruins, pointing toward the sky. In the distance were the broken glass panes, but my gaze was shifted upward, and it was there that the crimson light first appeared. The third light, then, was the afterimage of that horrid blast of color. I uttered a silent thanks to the moon for its mercy in comparison.

Slowly my senses returned. I tried to rise, but my legs lay dead, my neck dormant. This did not bother me significantly. But as it all happened, my mind began to pour in memory into the gaps of my recollection, filling them to the brim with details I was certain I had never experienced. It was those details that shocked me. Within the crimson flood of light, the one that dragged me into burning pain, I saw two others. The shock, the shock of recollection, hit me harder than that blast of light, than the moon's assault, than any attack I had ever sustained. Those others... they were Palkia and Giratina. They too suffered, their faces wrenched as they were hurled into a sea of pain. My mind began to extend beyond my body, and I was certain that they lay beside me here on this wretched beach, although I could not sense them in any way. A crippling fear was all that was left. Never before had I known such a power. Never before had I known such pain. Never before had I ever thought that the three of us could be cast into darkness by a force not at all our own. A crippling fear was left... that, and helplessness. I would not have known it before, but helplessness was the darkest terror I could ever know.

From below my shroud of thought, my mind uttered a silent plea, a singularity of fear and sorrow and weakness and anger, all desorbed from some small part of my consciousness.

"Help us, Arceus."
Old August 24, 2009, 05:04:55 PM
Mudkip

My eyes creeped open as I let out a raspy gasp. The air was dry and cold like a winter day. I dedeuced, in retrospect, not because it was winter, but yet because I was mere feet from Regice.

"What..? What happened? Entei?! Raikou?!" I called out desperately for my comrades, but to no avail. I then looked at who WAS near.

Articuno had a few feathers torn from their wings, and a large chip in their beak. I moved to nuzzle it. It was extremely damp, and due to it's proximity to Regice, I realized they would freeze if they remained that close. I softly nudged it away.

Then, I turned my attention to Azelf. He was severly bruised and scratched, and obviously had tears in his eyes. It was an awful idea to leave him without any cover, so I gathered leaves and twigs around to make somewhere for him to rest without fear of being frozen to death by Regice. With this thought, I shot a glare at the golem. That was when I finally pt two and two toghether.

Regice was nearly shattered. I gasped as I ran to it's side. How could I be so stupid, I thought, When ice falls, it breaks! Thankfully I knew enough to use my water attack and his surrounding cold to mend his wounds. I was relieved after all I had done. I was also exhausted.

I turned to see Dialga, I had seen him before. He had been my final priority, knowing his thick metal skin would protect him from the hypothremia inducing waves of cold flowing from Regice. He was closing his eyes tighter, as he seemed to be reliving a nightmare. Was... was the great Arceus himself under the horrible spell cast upon Lord Ho-oh?

I looked down and let out a solemn tear. Then flipped my head up and howled. Howled to find my brothers. Howled for the lives of all the pokemon. Howled for this horrible nightmare to be that, just a nightmare.
Old August 24, 2009, 05:53:05 PM
Shaymin

-Query: Begin new Day and Log? Record Playback? [Yes/No]

[Yes]

SCANNING...SCANNING...SCANNING...

(Warning! Scan detects numerous legendary Pocket Monsters in nearby 1 mile radius. Current area threat status set to Moderate Threat.)

ANALYZE. LEGENDARY BIRD POCKET MONSTER: ZAPDOS DETECTED.

(Low vital signs detected within current scanned Pocket Monster. Threat level lowered until further notice.)

ANALYZE. LEGENDARY GROUND BEAST POCKET MONSTER: RAIKOU DETECTED.

(Low vital signs detected within current scanned Pocket Monster. Calculative assumption would indicate similar signs within other nearby Pocket Monsters.)

ANALYZE. LEGENDARY SPIRIT FAIRY POCKET MONSTER: UXIE DETECTED.

(Although this Pocket Monster is unconcious, scans indicate a strong spike in mental activity readings. Status level remains unaltered.)

ANALYZE. LEGENDARY DIMENSIONAL POCKET MONSTER: PALKIA DETECTED.

(Strong spatial rifts and spasms are emanating from this Pocket Monster. Data analysis indicates small matter near it would be torn apart.)

ANALYSIS OF LEGENDS COMPLETE.

SCANNING...SCANNING...SCANNING...

(No signs of any Golem Pocket Monsters within immediate vicinity. No signs of any respective non-scanned Pocket Monster elemental trio members or leaders within immediate vicinity.)

MOVEMENT. DESTINATION: UNKNOWN.

(Warning! Warning! Nearby threat! Scanning numerous life-forms within area! Threat level raised to Maximum Threat.)

CALCULATE. LOGICAL CHOICE: WAIT FOR FELLOW POCKET MONSTERS FOR SUPPORT.

LOGICAL CHOICE COMMAND: DEFEND NEARBY UNCONCIOUS POCKET MONSTERS.
Old August 25, 2009, 06:12:03 AM
Servine

I woke up with a terrible headache but found myself on something rather soft and a bit higher that
the rest of the ground. Ignoring that and remembering what happened before, I tried to reach Azlef
and Uxie with my mind to no avail. It seems as if my powers were either stunted by my headache or
that something kept me from contacting Uxie and Azlef. Maybe it was both.

My concentration was broken by a sudden dryness in my throat.
"I really gotta find something to drink" but looking at my surroundings, I only saw sand. That finally
brought myself to ask the question, "Where am I? This is nowhere near my tomb...I think."
I was about to get up when a sudden heat wave caused me to topple over off the land I was sitting on.

Looking around for the cause, I realized two things :
That it's a desert and its bound to have heat waves like this
and that the land I was sitting on wasn't really land at all, It was Entei's back but he was asleep,
or rather knocked out.
"Why do these things take so long to realize?"
At first I was really glad that Entei wasn't awake for the time I was on his back but something occurred to me,
"Why is Entei here? He wasn't anywhere near us when Master went berserk, Or did something else happen?"

Another heat wave passed.

"What? Again? If I didn't know any better I'd say this was Entei's fault, but he can't do something like that while
he's asleep...I think. Anyway, I don't see any way out of here so I should just wait until Entei gets up, he'll
carry me out of here...I hope."
Old August 28, 2009, 09:30:39 PM
Regigigas

The wave of helplessness passed. Suddenly, I felt a renewal, a warmth that filled my body and cast out the numbness, that returned full feeling and control to the entirety of my body. It was as if Arceus had heard my plea, but beyond the wall of safety my consciousness had erected I knew this was not so. The strength I now felt came from within-- no, not strength. This was will. It was the inner motive of my mind desperate to disprove the helplessness I felt before, the inability I had dared to imagine. With the entirety of my focus now flowing to my legs, I lifted myself with great effort.

I had raised my body from a small incline. Below, beneath a jagged slope of rock and sand, lay a undulating mass of blue, the sea. Balanced upon its currents was the reflection of the moon, rocking with the waves, as if the moon was supported not by the sky but by the water. Turning gently left past the shoreline, my gaze was lost within a morass of green, a forest. My eyes could draw out no tree in particular, and wandered skyward toward their gently swaying tops, lighted a faint blue by the light of the moon.

My neck, warmed by the heat of my will into movement, began to feel numbed again, as if my will was dying. That was not so, I reasoned, for I was as desperate as ever to make sense of this strange place. The wind paced back and forth monotonously. The sounds of the lapping waves hovered around me, casting a net of sensation that had no origin, as if the ocean extend from all sides of my body. Now my neck shivered with cold. The stimulus was external. I abruptly turned farther left, accepting a jolt of pain as the cost of the movement.

On the ground before me was a solid and carefully faceted block of ice. It lay still, but I sensed life in it. I concentrated upon it, checking every detail against my catalog of thought. Leafing through the pages of my recall, I remembered that there were three golems such as these. The name came to me: it was the golem of ice, Regice. Satisfied, my eyes darted into the distance, and rested upon an azure arc that glowed softly in the moonlight, its tip chasing the movements of the air. It was a perfect blue feather, and next to it, a beautiful bird lying atop the harsh earth. Again the name jumped into my mind: Articuno. To its right, a beast silhouetted against the dull greens of distant mountains and forest. I could identify it only by the large crystal that adorned its forehead, which glowed softly but suddenly shone and fired streams of white light across the landscape as the beast raised its head to the sky an unleashed a mournful howl. My entire body shivered at the sound. The wind stopped suddenly, as if in reverence. This one, my memory informed me, was Suicune. Now scanning frantically, as if urged on by that forlorn cry, my eyes finally rested upon a small pile of greenery, placed near the side of a hill, encasing a small mass within. A curled blue fork, set with a red gem, was the only sign of what rested within. My memory had the easiest time with this one: it was Azelf, the spirit of willpower. My mind considered briefly that its gift was what had given me the strength to stand before.

Its task completed, my memory rested, and with my thoughts collected, I forced myself again to consider the situation in its entirety. The Pokémon which were scattered here were powerful, I knew that much. I was certain that they too had been grabbed by the same blast of searing light which tore my from my journey. What power could exist to do this to so many powerful beings? Could it have been Arceus? The possibility could not be considered, I decided, discarding the thought. I knew not how Arceus acted or thought, and indeed I could think of none who did, but I knew only that this way could not be it. Or could it? The contradiction stood like an adamantine tower before me, and I knew immediately that one of my premises must have been flawed. It was my most earnest hope that my premise regarding Arceus would not turn out to be the wrong one.

And in face of this mire of thought and logic, the sights and sounds of the world faded to nothing. The ambient ambling of the ocean melded into the whistle of the wind, and the greens of the trees shifted to a dull gray. My mind emptied, my sensations flattened. There was nothing to do but wait for the others to awaken. I could only hope until then that Suicune would approach and grant me certainty, conviction, the things I needed most because they were the things I lacked. I needed certainty desperately; some kind of finality, some assurance, some foundation on which to build a tower of thought to rival the one of contradiction that had blocked my mind before. There and then I was hopelessly desperate for certainty, for the only certainty I then held was that there would be no certainty in such a forlorn place.