Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: What should happen to /b/uizel?
Leave it open; it's fine as it is 2 3.92%
Leave it open, but have a change in its moderation 19 37.25%
I don't care one way or the other 4 7.84%
Close it down and create a new board for the spam to go in 11 21.57%
Close it down for good 9 17.65%
Delete it completely (archive it somewhere, keep it away from users) 6 11.76%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old April 28, 2011, 06:33:31 PM
Administrator

Default Closing /b/uizel

If you haven't been around /b/uizel lately...well, I think it's a horrible mess. It's all self modded and people put down anything they don't think is funny. I think it will become a mess where nobody understands what to do.

So, it's poll time. Close it down so nobody can post anymore (archive only) or keep it open?

Edit: Thread now moved to public.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 2, 2011 at 02:17:08 PM.
Old April 28, 2011, 06:38:38 PM
Shaymin

Voted the fourth option. We should still have a board for memes and stuff, but it shouldn't spiral into a huge mess and creating a new board with more moderation should be better. Most of what landed in /b/uizel was either lampooning forum idiots, forced memes, or actual spam, and not memetic or funny.
Old April 28, 2011, 06:43:36 PM
Administrator

Personally, I'd think we would be better off without it. Call me crazy, but I could have sworn this was a place to discuss Pokémon and not just post a bunch of random crap.

Random rant from me about something un-related but related so you don't have to read    

Personally, I think the forum has grown a bit big for what it should be. Way back when this was Buizel.net I could have sworn we were aiming to make this a Pokemon forum for the more mature users who have been around since the days of R/Y/B/G/S/C since that seemed to be a bit of a niche area and they tended to be more mature so we wouldn't have as much stuff to deal with. Now we pretty have an "anything-goes" forum (which included stuff like /b/uizel) which I personally think is what is leading to our "downfall" from the "good-ol days". But then again that's just me.
Old April 28, 2011, 06:46:38 PM
Volcarona

It's not so much I don't care one way or the other as it is, "I don't know exactly what's going on, so I can't say one way or the other."
Old April 28, 2011, 06:55:00 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Voted the fourth option. We should still have a board for memes and stuff, but it shouldn't spiral into a huge mess and creating a new board with more moderation should be better. Most of what landed in /b/uizel was either lampooning forum idiots, forced memes, or actual spam, and not memetic or funny.
Er, there needs to be a dislike button because I misclicked Like on this post. :I

Yeah, but if you have X and it sucks, but you want to make Y...the same exact thing as X, then what's the point?
Old April 28, 2011, 07:02:52 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Er, there needs to be a dislike button because I misclicked Like on this post. :I

Yeah, but if you have X and it sucks, but you want to make Y...the same exact thing as X, then what's the point?
Well what I would like to see happen to /b/uizel (and I know it's sort of bad using a meme research site for reference) is how KnowYourMeme is modded. If memes are posted, people can confirm/deadpool it, and really good content will be contributed to more; more people will post macros or other information related to the meme, more content will be created, etc.

How I see this playing out is: In the new board, we'd have someone post something like "Cheezburger." Someone or several someones who find the thread funny will "confirm" it by posting more related jokes/image macros/etc. People who don't find it funny will either avoid it or condemn it to the "deadpool" by posting in it and saying "this meme sucks " or something.

What was happening in /b/uizel was, we were having people like Mario227 post random **** like that GUYS GUYS! thread, and although that took off it was more or less forced and it only became a "meme" so to speak because Dragiiin made a satire thread of it. Then there was the "unfunny" sort of threads, but those threads were locked immediately and then the poster was banned from /b/uizel. If we implement a "confirm/deadpool" process like my suggestion detailed in this post, the new board would be much easier to moderate.

Last edited by LiteTheIronMan; April 28, 2011 at 07:17:57 PM. Reason: If you want to think about it that way, Funnyjunk does this too.
Old April 28, 2011, 07:27:50 PM
Shaymin

Actually, people didn't get banned from /b/uizel for unfunny much. I only banned Dragiiin and maybe one other, until rando banned Vel, who whined about it to Cat, which is one of the reasons rando got demoted, so...

I won't toss my opinion in much though, because one i'd like to see what everyone else has to say and two I have two opinions to choose from but don't know which, so
Old April 29, 2011, 01:54:58 AM
Rayquaza

I voted to close it down for good.

I don't get the point of restarting since the same stuff will probably just come up again.
Old April 29, 2011, 03:09:15 AM
Rayquaza

I recommend closing down the whole thing. This decreases the spam quite well. In the same time, I suggest creating a thread in which people can spam as much as they want. Once in a while, like every year or every few months, the thread gets closed and a new thread is created when it gets too many pages. This is much easier than a full board.
Old April 29, 2011, 11:50:45 AM
Giratina

Delete it completely. If we made a new one that would just end up like this one. Plus it's a pretty embarassing part of the forum, which is why we made it unviewable by guests in the first place.
Old April 29, 2011, 12:05:06 PM
Kyurem

I chose my vote of not caring, actually meaning that I am a bit unsure as to how to go about dealing with /b/uizel. While it certainly is not one of the more glamorous parts of the forum, it is undeniably also one of the more active parts. Considering the forums are already going through a bit of a slump, completely shutting down /b/uizel with no replacement could easily hurt activity even more. At the same time, the forum itself was made for Pokemon and not as a general forum, so keeping it in its current state does not look fantastic for us.

I thought my first point was a bit important to mention, though.
Old April 29, 2011, 12:07:40 PM
Giratina

I think the reason why this forum got in a slump in the first place was because our most active members stayed in /b/uizel and constantly brought it into the chat.

Also, the chat is another reason why the forum isn't active. Many of the new users practically LIVE in the chat.
Old April 29, 2011, 09:36:16 PM
Volcarona

KYA SHOULD BECOME BUIZEL OVERLOAD

Also there shoudl be a sub forum BUIZEL BOARD OF SHAME to show useres what not to do.
Old April 29, 2011, 09:40:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfKYA View Post
KYA SHOULD BECOME BUIZEL OVERLOAD

Also there shoudl be a sub forum BUIZEL BOARD OF SHAME to show useres what not to do.
There already is one, but I certainly agree that board should still be there.
Old April 30, 2011, 03:52:56 AM
Giratina

A large decrease in activity (Like it's been active anyway) and maybe some new users will be able to join in on the fun without getting trolled out of it.

Maybe we can keep it after all.
Old April 30, 2011, 09:32:14 PM
Volcarona

KYa is now attempting to control buizel. By annoying the old trolls to get new ones.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:25:30 AM
Giratina

I didn't vote on the poll because I'm really unsure. We could keep /b/uizel as it is after the mass ban of the ranbros, but then I'm not happy with its existence to begin with. Spirit's idea of a spam thread sounds really appropriate and much more small-scaled than a full board, so maybe it can work.
Old May 1, 2011, 04:02:29 PM
Administrator

It's definitely getting closed, I can say that after reading this. What do you guys think about moving this thread to Announcements (or starting a new poll there) to get opinions from more than staff?
Old May 1, 2011, 04:23:39 PM
Giratina

Definitely do that.
Old May 2, 2011, 04:57:04 AM
Regigigas

Looks like I got here too late, but gonna post my opinion anyways.

I think that it should become an opt-in board, closing down the opt-in form after two weeks to allow all those who want in to opt-in for it. Have you considered what will happen once /b/uizel shuts down? All the regular users of that board will spread out to other boards, spreading out the spam to those boards. It's better to keep a "virus" like this contained than to let it spread.
Old May 2, 2011, 01:41:49 PM
Volcarona

And me and lite are just starting top have fun with it...
Old May 2, 2011, 02:19:59 PM
Administrator

The thread is now public for all non-mods.
Old May 2, 2011, 02:31:52 PM
Zoroark

I'm not sure, but now whatever is happening in buizel has started to come to the chat. When I first joined, the chat and buizel were semi-calm. Now there's trolling in the chat and people are making random threads in buizel.
^Now that I look at my post I'm thinking we need more moderation.
Old May 2, 2011, 02:42:29 PM
Kyurem

I voted to close it down or create a new one.
Since I've been here, /b/uizel has gone downhill a lot. Before it was just a fun spammy bored where you could have fun, and now the regulars troll people who post unfunny treads, and then you got threads like Dragiiin's which arr absolute crap and go to Smelly Stuffz.
If you do make a new board, I'd say have it heavily moderated to keep away the bad spam, and leave the good spam in.

But, anyway you look at it, spam is not always good.
Old May 2, 2011, 02:47:52 PM
Volcarona

I haven't been to /b/uizel for a few months now, but I think it should either stay open but get a huge moderation change, or in a worst case scenario close it down for good. It definitely needs to have less random crap and less trolls.

Last edited by LucarioMario; May 2, 2011 at 02:48:19 PM.
Old May 2, 2011, 02:50:00 PM
Kyurem

I think it should be closed, spam got out of control. I only go to /b/uizel sometimes when I go there it is crazy. Spam should be a fun board but now it is too bad, then the spam goes to other board. It should be shut down forever.
Old May 2, 2011, 02:56:23 PM
Giratina

I really you think it should be kept open, if anything I'd take an uncolored/unnoticed mod position for that forum and make sure extra spammy stuff isn't there anymore. Ranbros being gone helps too.
Old May 2, 2011, 02:59:07 PM
Keldeo

Honestly as former staff, /b/uizel has became a troll haven, I also think that the Admins should be paying better attention at that board, You think that once that board is gone and finished there will be no spam of any form?

Honesty it's the part of the site that has the spam contained, however, if you delete that board, the Game Corner is probably going to be one of the hardest hit areas, as that could serve as a second spam board, think before you leap, I honestly believe that you guys would be doing a terrible mistake.

Also, I wouldn't say a change in moderation is needed, BUT the admins needs to watch it more, Yeah, I'm talking to you five admins.

However create a sub-board in /b/uizel, and keep it hidden to ALL regular members and put the the threads in it, and I mean all the threads in /b/uizel.

Not all the spammers are gone, there are quite a few left.

*throws two pennies* for what's it worth.

I'm voting for "Leave it open, but have a change in its moderation" I don't mean moderators, but I mean the style, the Moderators and admins should infract ALL trolls regardless what form of trolling is posted in /b/uizel, basically a zero-tolerance policy.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:02:16 PM
Volcarona

I've a message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rando
While I definitely feel like /b/uizel is going to hell as a board, there might still be people that like it. Hell, maybe all we need is a strict moderation system, or you know, a single given point of the board.

If everyone agrees the place should be destroyed, PLEASE don't hide it from the public. Maybe make it some "what not to do" thing, I don't care. We ranbros need those threads as archives and explanations of our culture. I'm desperately running around VR trying to find as much of our history as I can, and most of it is in Smelly Stuffz or the Ranbro board, which I can't access. This lack of information will make it EXTREMELY difficult to explain our jokes to newer users.

Finally, you might actually want to point the /b/uizel users to our new forum, which is basically built off of what /b/uizel was early this year. You really can't just isolate an entire section of your community like that, people will be running around posting what would have been a /b/uizel thread in General Chat or Introductions.

tl;dr maybe delete it, but keep it visible as an archive, and also point users to the other site to prevent them from spamming here

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 25, 2011 at 04:40:55 PM.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:02:45 PM
Kyurem

"/b/uizel is full of annoying trolls!" "/b/uizel is not what it used to be because of a few members!"

I think we should take note that just about all of these members that people are thinking about have been banned (randoguy, Dragiiin, OMGITSJAD, etc) and are unlikely to come back. As such, I don't think that mentioning them as an argument really works. I would like to suggest that we see how /b/uizel fares now that so many of its more common members have been banned? Perhaps a full-blown shut down will not be necessary, but either way I still feel that stricter moderation will be needed.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:06:53 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by piexing View Post
I've a message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rando
While I definitely feel like /b/uizel is going to hell as a board, there might still be people that like it. Hell, maybe all we need is a strict moderation system, or you know, a single given point of the board.

If everyone agrees the place should be destroyed, PLEASE don't hide it from the public. Maybe make it some "what not to do" thing, I don't care. We ranbros need those threads as archives and explanations of our culture. I'm desperately running around VR trying to find as much of our history as I can, and most of it is in Smelly Stuffz or the Ranbro board, which I can't access. This lack of information will make it EXTREMELY difficult to explain our jokes to newer users.

Finally, you might actually want to point the /b/uizel users to our new forum, which is basically built off of what /b/uizel was early this year. You really can't just isolate an entire section of your community like that, people will be running around posting what would have been a /b/uizel thread in General Chat or Introductions.

tl;dr maybe delete it, but keep it visible as an archive, and also point users to the other site to prevent them from spamming here
This is exactly what I meant, but still, we need a spam board.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 25, 2011 at 04:40:29 PM.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:12:50 PM
Kyurem

I say mass destruction of /b/uizel seems to be necessary at this point. The insanity is too much, and the ranbro massban proved that. BUT, I think if people prove that they can handle mass spam, we could bring it back in the future. Just a thought. Coming back to see a huge amount of members banned/demoted was definitely less than heartening.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:14:14 PM
Kyurem

/b/uizel does need more Moderators and the site too. Anyways delete the old one and may make a new one, make sure it have 2 Assistant Moderators, and G.Mod and Admin to watch over it 24/7. Then b/uizel would be fun and safe. I think /b/uizel should be closed for a month or 2 before ever thinking the new one.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:20:48 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast64 View Post
/b/uizel does need more Moderators and the site too. Anyways delete the old one and may make a new one, make sure it have 2 Assistant Moderators, and G.Mod and Admin to watch over it 24/7. Then b/uizel would be fun and safe. I think /b/uizel should be closed for a month or 2 before ever thinking the new one.
The site actually needs less mods, we never have trolls or major problems if you noticed.

Anyway yeah might as well send all of /b/uizel to Smelly Stuffz and say "what not do do in the new spam board" because we need one.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:21:46 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by rando View Post
tl;dr maybe delete it, but keep it visible as an archive, and also point users to the ranbro hideout to prevent them from spamming here
After the ranbro's complete destruction of /b/uizel and other parts of the site, do you really think Cat is going to be so kind as to even post it's name, let alone recommend it and point users to it? From what I've seen of the "ranbro"s you're a group consisting mostly of trolls who have, for some reason or another, pissed of a load of people here at some point and/or are banned.

I don't think Cat likes you either.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:30:42 PM
Zoroark

we need to keep /b/uizel. The only reason its crappy is because of the moderation.

Plus, without /b/uizel, LEAF would have been inactive.
Old May 2, 2011, 03:45:47 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
After the ranbro's complete destruction of /b/uizel and other parts of the site, do you really think Cat is going to be so kind as to even post it's name, let alone recommend it and point users to it? From what I've seen of the "ranbro"s you're a group consisting mostly of trolls who have, for some reason or another, pissed of a load of people here at some point and/or are banned.

Quote:
cat actually asked if I wanted to affliate
If we've been destroying the site then we've been doing it since long before the "ranbros" were even an idea, and if we were just trolls then we wouldn't have been here for so long.
Old May 2, 2011, 04:07:08 PM
Landorus

This is all completely personal of me, but I like /b/uizel; and with some help, it can be better. As far as I know, the only /b/uizel mod left is Jared, so we could just have a little more people with power to mellow it down.

Another sort of rant with just about the exact opposite goal as Yoshi    

This is the only forum I go to, and as I'm sure of you guys have recognized, /b/uizel and the chat are really the only places I tend to go to. Without /b/uizel (Or any kind of funny randomness board; chocolate by any other name is just as sweet) It kind of... loses it's charm. Heck, with Emp, Vel, Rando,and JAD gone it feels sort of... boring, I guess the term would be. The only people left that make fun stupid threads are RK and Coteup...

and yeah, this is a Pokemon Forum, but just talking about pokemon would be kind of monotonous, you know? And there are plenty of other forums like Smogon and Serebii you can go to. Why don't I pack up and leave, you may ask? Because I like the colorful cast of Victory Road, and you probably won't find a nice forum like this very easily. If you can, you can direct me to it, I guess.
Old May 2, 2011, 04:12:57 PM
Kyurem

Quote:

Actually, we only troll outsiders/nonbros/trollbait/whatever you want to call them, and in a group we get along at least fairly well. And the hideout has some pseudo-serious forums (as serious as we can really get) for normal people.

At least it hasn't gotten chaotic yet.

e: also forgot to mention that I misclicked on the poll.

Last edited by NismoZ; May 2, 2011 at 04:13:33 PM.
Old May 2, 2011, 04:39:08 PM
Linoone

From what I've seen it looks like no one but a few people even post, and the threads are always about them and whatever random nonsensical comment they come up with (that is only funny among those few members).

Trying to do a ***** on a forum doesn't really work anyway, forum mechanics just work too differently from that of an imageboard.

The forum seems to lack organization in general, and that subforum only contributes to that.

Last edited by WherewolfTherewolf; May 2, 2011 at 04:40:34 PM.
Old May 2, 2011, 04:59:44 PM
Volcarona

I think /b/uizel should be more closely watched since the things in /b/uizel is starting to spread outside the board and people are personally getting hurt from it. If the situation is getting worse, then I would say it will be close but it would be best if there's a place for spam only except more closely watched.
Old May 2, 2011, 05:52:28 PM
Regigigas

What do people really expect of /b/uizel? May I remind you, it's a spam section - you shouldn't act so surprised when it, well, fills with spam. If you're really so unhappy with what goes on in there, then delete it and don't make another one. Because if you do make another one, things are going to go down exactly the same way.
Old May 2, 2011, 06:11:26 PM
Haxorus

I don't know what to vote for really but I voted number 2 because I kinda like /b/uizel. The reason I don't like /b/uizel is because it's distracting me from the other boards on VR.
Old May 2, 2011, 09:42:07 PM

I say just close it. VR would be better off without /b/uizel. Without /b/uizel maybe people will be inspired to be more active in the other parts of Victory Road. It's kinda sad knowing that there are quite a few people that literally stay exclusive (if not almost exclusive) to the /b/uizel section. VR is a great online pokemon community, and a place like /b/uizel just seems like a burden on VR's reputation.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:26:25 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
What do people really expect of /b/uizel? May I remind you, it's a spam section - you shouldn't act so surprised when it, well, fills with spam. If you're really so unhappy with what goes on in there, then delete it and don't make another one. Because if you do make another one, things are going to go down exactly the same way.
^This

Also, some of the worst offenders are banned anyway and a few other offenders are moving to another forum. Considering that, I'd say leave it as is. That or tell the moderation to keep a closer eye on it.
Old May 3, 2011, 08:17:12 AM
Volcarona

I've been here for a few months now and I still don't get /b/uizel at all. I assumed it was a place for funny random spam to go. But honestly, from a relative newcomers point of view, /b/uizel looks like a savage primal battleground where cliques try to eat each others faces out. Any attempt to try and "enter" /b/uizel more or less ends up in me getting spun around and kicked out the door. It saddens me to see that when engaging debate topics in a sub-forum about Pokemon have 1 reply, a thread /b/uizel has 10.
Sadly, its also spread on to the Minecraft server. I was happy as hell when I heard VR was opening up its own Minecraft server. I was kind of disappointed to find that everything there was composed of obscure clique joke references. I thought I had found an honest, fun, Minecraft community, that I could contribute to, that liked Pokemon to boot? Seemed almost too good to be true.

Semi-off topic:
I'm fine with spam and all, but if its a sub-forum dedicated to spam, why bother moderating it? Its spam. If you collect poop and pick out the light turds from the dark turds, at the end of the day, its still poop. Why waste good moderation effort on something like that?

Anyway, the last time I heard, this forum was dedicated to Pokemon fans. Removing /b/uizel would separate the true Pokemon purists, from the guys that are just here for the /b/, IMO. For the spirit of the wonderful creation we call Pokemon, I say, delete it completely and burn the archives. From my point of view, it looks like some people are in this forum just to post in /b/uizel (Really. I've looked in their previous posts and all). We already have 'Funny/Interesting Stuff', I think thats good enough. Maybe its cause I dont get their clique-ish jokes and all, but meh, I'm just here for the good company other Pokemon fans like myself. Call me a purist if you will, but well, it's not my authority to judge things like this. I just hope the staff know what they're doing if /b/uizel is kept.

Off Topic:
*reads previous pages*
Wut iz the Ranbro?

Last edited by AnathemA; May 3, 2011 at 08:56:31 AM.
Old May 3, 2011, 08:19:27 AM
Rayquaza

For all of those who are asking for more moderation in /b/uizel, I need to clarify some points. You need to understand that /b/uizel is different from the other boards in a sense that you can't detect a problem easily if the thread doesn't break a major rule. The whole point of /b/uizel's moderation depends on the sense of humor and sensibility of the moderator and the member. It is true that it is a spam board, but some spam are just too lame or too stupid. Again, not all moderators or administrators have the capability of moderating /b/uizel properly since they might be too strict. This adds to the pressure of choosing the best and most suitable staff.
What I suggested before, a thread for spam instead of a board, makes it more freely for the members to spam, since it is only one thread and the staff will allow less strict spam. In the mean time, it will be less work for us, since we won't have to focus on more moderation or anything of that sort. In such a way, even one moderator is enough to maintain peace there. By following such idea, those who like /b/uizel will still enjoy spamming, if not get the ability to spam more, and the staff will remain happy.
Old May 3, 2011, 09:53:23 AM
Linoone

Isn't moderating a spam forum a bit contradictory?
If you want to spam, save it for a chan site
Old May 3, 2011, 12:07:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
What I suggested before, a thread for spam instead of a board, makes it more freely for the members to spam, since it is only one thread and the staff will allow less strict spam. In the mean time, it will be less work for us, since we won't have to focus on more moderation or anything of that sort. In such a way, even one moderator is enough to maintain peace there. By following such idea, those who like /b/uizel will still enjoy spamming, if not get the ability to spam more, and the staff will remain happy.
Hm, I do like this idea too. That "OH LOOK A PONY" thread seems to be a worthy candidate, but I'm not sure if we should start over.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:23:57 PM
Haxorus

one thread?

no

there will be seventeen thousand topics running around wildly and huge walls of text everywhere

it'll be a "hell thread"
Old May 3, 2011, 12:27:44 PM
Charizard

It was turning into a huge mess anyways, so it had to go sometime, besides, most forums try to avoid making boards like that, and for good reason.....

Besides, all it did was produce trolls and unfunny memes, then again, what else did you expect from a board with /b/ in its name, it was basically turning into nothing but chaos. I suggest that we keep the board, but change its name so it would attract less trolls and remove all topics so the board would not be a bad influence on new posters.

Last edited by Masterge77; May 3, 2011 at 12:44:32 PM.
Old May 3, 2011, 02:28:56 PM
Administrator

Alright, I set the poll to close on the 5th. I think what I will do is move all /b/uizel threads to Smelly Stuffz, rename that board to /b/uizel Archive, and then rename /b/uizel to something else. The new spam board will have new moderation techniques.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 3, 2011 at 02:30:13 PM.
Old May 3, 2011, 02:56:38 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Alright, I set the poll to close on the 5th. I think what I will do is move all /b/uizel threads to Smelly Stuffz, rename that board to /b/uizel Archive, and then rename /b/uizel to something else. The new spam board will have new moderation techniques.
Could just be something like "Spam Corner"

But I dunno about ***** puns
Old May 3, 2011, 04:02:06 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
But that theory isn't WINNING.

my vote is
Old May 3, 2011, 04:17:08 PM
Kyurem

Cat what about if there will be a new spam, their is a limit of posting so it is not too crowd.
Old May 4, 2011, 09:23:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteup View Post
But that theory isn't WINNING.

my vote is
It's called a compromise.

Quote:
Cat what about if there will be a new spam, their is a limit of posting so it is not too crowd.
Blues sent me that suggestion last night too, so I will have to consider it.
Old May 4, 2011, 10:07:54 AM
Giratina

We've talked many, many times in the Staff board about /b/uizel, and almost every time having a post limit on it or 'it's locked until you get 100 posts' has been suggested.
Old May 4, 2011, 10:11:30 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
We've talked many, many times in the Staff board about /b/uizel, and almost every time having a post limit on it or 'it's locked until you get 100 posts' has been suggested.
Up that to 250 posts and that would get rid of just a lot of regulars in /b/uizel that has under 250 posts.
Old May 4, 2011, 11:24:02 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteup View Post
we need to keep /b/uizel. The only reason its crappy is because of the moderation.
So now it is our mistake? As Spirit already pointed out, moderating /b/uizel and separating the funny threads from the lame/useless ones is not an easy job. If you meant that we should have no moderation, then no, that will not work at all. Hell, we've seen what happened to /b/uizel with some moderation. Who knows what will happen when spammers are left to do whatever they want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
No, they will not go down exactly the same way. The main spammers are missing from the forums, so the chances of the new spam board being more 'controlled' are greater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC747 View Post
Up that to 250 posts and that would get rid of just a lot of regulars in /b/uizel that has under 250 posts.
250 posts might be a little too much for the new members, but we'll discuss this in further details once we settle on it.
Old May 4, 2011, 04:55:40 PM
Kyurem

What about 10 posts per day?
Old May 4, 2011, 06:25:45 PM
Giratina

Quote:
What about 10 posts per day?
I think the posts per day amount should be 0.1 the amount of how many posts you need to post in the new spam section.
Old May 4, 2011, 10:33:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
I think the posts per day amount should be 0.1 the amount of how many posts you need to post in the new spam section.
If I have that correct, that's a maximum of 10% of your posts going on that board?
Old May 5, 2011, 05:27:13 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
If I have that correct, that's a maximum of 10% of your posts going on that board?
no I think he means posts per day being at 0.1 at least.
Old May 5, 2011, 05:48:48 AM
Kyurem

I think he's saying that it should be 10% of the posts you need to initially post on that board/thread/whatever, per day.

Last edited by NismoZ; May 5, 2011 at 05:49:12 AM.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:19:27 AM
Zoroark

I found rando's ghost-reply to be quite amusing considering he played quite the part in helping things get to this point regarding /b/uizel.

Anyhow I had a rather nice block of text typed out before but for some reason the server locked up and I ended up staring at a log-in screen for 5 minutes before giving up. I'll probably edit once I remember what I typed.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:59:17 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Actually that's a really good idea, we wouldn't even need a post limit to get in right there.

But what I was suggesting that was, say for example you need 150 posts to get in the spam board - then the post limit there would be 15 posts per day.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:59:42 PM
Cyndaquil

I think there should be a post limit to /b/uizel for every week, like 15 or so?
Old May 5, 2011, 01:14:32 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andeal View Post
I think there should be a post limit to /b/uizel for every week, like 15 or so?
For a week probably 40 or so

Last edited by SK; May 5, 2011 at 01:14:42 PM.
Old May 5, 2011, 01:36:38 PM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
For a week probably 40 or so
Yeah, I was a little too low, but 40 is kind of much, I think at least 30 or 35.
Old May 5, 2011, 02:27:25 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
No, they will not go down exactly the same way. The main spammers are missing from the forums, so the chances of the new spam board being more 'controlled' are greater.
Um, I kinda feel like I'm pointing out the obvious here, but if it's really controlled, then it won't even be a spam board anymore. Moderating it too heavily takes all of the fun out of it, and it might as well as just be a second "general chat".

And it's kinda ridiculous to think that activity is gonna go down in /b/uizel now that the ranbros are gone :v If it does, it would only be a little bit - though, honestly, I could see it increasing. Rando and his gang weren't very welcoming, and had a lot of weird inside jokes. If anything, I think the activity in /b/uizel will increase.
Old May 5, 2011, 05:58:35 PM
Administrator

I think the main problem of the current /b/uizel is taking it too seriously. The ranbros and a few others more-or-less took it as their board where they could create their own little cult with their own rules and all threads had to be of their standard of quality. It no longer is a board where you can throw all kinds of silly threads and stuff for testing like its original purpose was.

The latter is what I would like to try to make /b/uizel into again, where it was actually a lot of fun to post there.

Edit: All threads have been moved to Smelly Stuffz and its name changed. What should the new name of the board be?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 5, 2011 at 06:39:51 PM.
Old May 5, 2011, 07:57:46 PM

Stuffz (or maybe just Stuff)
Area 51
Misc.
asdfghjkl (hey, a spam board should have a spammy name, no? )

Last edited by PokeRemixStudio; May 5, 2011 at 08:00:35 PM.
Old May 5, 2011, 08:04:24 PM
Shaymin

Trying to suggest names related to its spammy, memetic, and or nonsensical nature:

1. Trash Compactor (rename Smelly Stuffz to Compacted Trash)
2. Morons Welcome
3. /b/ui2el (denoting the second iteration of the board)
Old May 6, 2011, 02:33:47 AM
Volcarona

How bout:
"Can you resist clicking here?"

Or something like that..

Last edited by AnathemA; May 6, 2011 at 02:38:46 AM.
Old May 6, 2011, 03:58:47 AM
Kyurem

If you can put a smilie in a board's name then I would suggest .

Or something like if you want.

Last edited by NismoZ; May 6, 2011 at 03:59:20 AM.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:23:37 AM
Charizard

I have a few ideas myself:

1. Dirty Stuffz
2. I Can has Spamburger
3. The Board That Must not be Named
4. Idiot Box
5. Spam (just simply "Spam")
6. The Undernet
7. Anti-Victory Road
8. Bizzaro World
9. Mordor
Old May 6, 2011, 12:14:09 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
I have a few ideas myself:

1. Dirty Stuffz
2. I Can has Spamburger
3. The Board That Must not be Named
4. Idiot Box
5. Spam (just simply "Spam")
6. The Undernet
7. Anti-Victory Road
8. Bizzaro World
9. Mordor
that's going to make it sound like Meme-Board

name it "New New /b/uizel"
Old May 6, 2011, 01:40:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
/b/ui2el
Quote:
I Can has Spamburger
Hm, I like these two quite a bit.
Old May 6, 2011, 02:04:18 PM
Giratina

Yeah Cat, both were good. Don't you think we should do something completely new, though? So maybe I Can Has Spamburger
Old May 6, 2011, 02:23:53 PM
Regigigas

I personally prefer /b/ui2el. It kinda reminds me of Porygon2. Which is badass :v

But, um...

Spam Zone
Spam Center
Spamalot
THE RED ZONE
Grouchland
Exile Island
SpamNCheese
The Lower Level
ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE
Garbage Disposal
\\victoryroad\forum\generalchat\SPAM
\\victoryroad\forum\generalchat\TRASHHERE

that's all I got.
Old May 6, 2011, 03:02:23 PM
Haxorus

A) I can has spamburger will probably make new people think it's a lolcat/meme-based board.

/B/) Try to make it simple. It's better to keep it simple, such as bui2el.
Old May 6, 2011, 03:03:50 PM
Volcarona

/b/uizel 2.0?
I do like /b/ui2el though...
Old May 9, 2011, 09:02:47 AM
Charizard

I think /b/ui2el would not work, because it still has /b/ in its name, and that's partly what lead to /b/uizels death, was by putting that word in the boards name.
Old May 9, 2011, 09:13:36 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
I think /b/ui2el would not work, because it still has /b/ in its name, and that's partly what lead to /b/uizels death, was by putting that word in the boards name.
I agree with this, but a spam board is still a spam board there will be trolls none the less, so a matter of fact, trolls will still exist on that board.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:25:20 PM
Kyurem

Honestly, I think [Board name TBD] is starting to stick with everyone who frequents there.
Old May 9, 2011, 01:38:46 PM
Haxorus

I vote for name [Board name TNBD] (Board name to never denounced)
Old May 9, 2011, 02:25:19 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Honestly, I think [Board name TBD] is starting to stick with everyone who frequents there.
Yeah, it can be TBD forever.
Old May 9, 2011, 03:03:59 PM
Kyurem

Having it be forever [TBD] sounds good to me. TBD is easy to type out and is a joke in itself, so I say keep it!
Old May 9, 2011, 07:59:44 PM
Haxorus

Nyyyyeeeehhhhhh I don't know about "TBD". I don't wanna sound like Captain Obvious but TBD means "To Be Determined"(which, you guys obviously know), and keeping it like that forever seems kinda lazy. Like you just gave up on trying to come up with something. I think we should try /b/ui2el.
Old May 9, 2011, 09:40:58 PM
Keldeo

or call it the Cheese Board (Sorry for the spam post.)
Old May 10, 2011, 01:02:50 PM
Regigigas

I have one: Glitch City. You know, because it's a Pokemon forum.
Old May 10, 2011, 01:23:37 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
I have one: Glitch City. You know, because it's a Pokemon forum.
Seconded. Plus, Glitch City is essentially a place full of stupid pointless annoying tile spam.

Wait, spats? o3o
Old May 14, 2011, 09:25:52 AM
Regigigas

Yeah, not to be a buzzkill, but the name "Forum Name TBD" is a kind of odd inside joke, and it may turn off new-comers to the board (which was one of the big problems on the old /b/uizel, except it was due to the people that inhabited it rather than the name).

Personally I think /b/ui2el is the best choice. Nearly everyone will get the ***** reference and it's honestly just an awesome name. I don't see why people think referring to ***** will transform it into a mini-***** - that isn't really even the problem with the old /b/uizel, anyway - it's just a funny name, and I think the best choice.
Old May 14, 2011, 01:12:41 PM
Haxorus

holy crap I vote Glitch City
Old May 15, 2011, 03:24:59 AM
Administrator

Ooh, Glitch City. I do like that.
Old May 15, 2011, 04:26:16 AM
Giratina

I was hoping for Furry's Fun Shack or EmperorEmpoleon's Spam Emporeon. It's much catchier and original than anything you guys can come up with and fairly accurate.
Old May 15, 2011, 06:25:19 AM
Zoroark

To bad.

Anyways, i vote glitch city
Old May 15, 2011, 09:14:16 AM
Kyurem

Glitch City sound like a nice one.
Old May 15, 2011, 09:15:16 AM
Haxorus

We should call it McDonalds. I'm so SRS.

... You know what, that was idiotic. I say Glitch City...

Last edited by alternateshadow300; May 15, 2011 at 08:01:29 PM.
Old May 29, 2011, 12:53:26 PM
Mudkip

n00b here thought of something!

You know the spam board (The [TBD] one?) How about we call it The Spam Can? Because Spam is horrible and gross, and some of us don't take it well when we see it. (Both spam messages and the gross canned meat.)

/shot