Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 31, 2011, 02:07:00 PM

Post Competitive Battling Team

I'm hoping to use this team for future battles: Reuniclus, Samurott, Togetic, Metagross, Galvantula, and Cofagrigus. Suggestions and advice would be appreciated.

Reuniclus @Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252Hp/252Def/4Spdef
Nature: Bold
Psychic
Calm Mind
Recover
Focus Blast

An all around wall to take physical and special hits, while also increasing its special attack to hit hard as well. On another note, it is also my favorite Pokemon.

Samurott @Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
Evs: 252Atk/252Spd/4Hp
Nature: Adamant
Razor Shell
Megahorn
Aqua Jet
Swords Dance

A physical sweeper that can also take a few hits. I find that it depends on its Torrent ability + Aqua Jet. Are any suggestions for a better item than Mystic Water to put on it?

Togetic @Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
Evs: 252Hp/252Spdef/4Spatk
Nature: Calm
Tri Attack
Roost
Fire Blast
Work Up

A special wall with eviolite. This thing is a monster when taking special attacks, but also a few physical attacks. Despite what most people think, Togetic can learn Tri Attack; which is useful especially with Serene Grace. I wasnt sure what moves to put on it aside from Tri Attack and Roost, so I decided to put Fire Blast and Work Up on it, but I dont know if there are better moves for it, like Shadow Ball or Psychic.

Metagross @Sitrus Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Evs: 252Atk/252Spd/4Spdef
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt
Hone Claws

Another physical sweeper. Its a great attacker, but it doesnt last long in battle; even with the berry. Im not sure whether to keep it on my team or replace it with another pokemon.

Galvantula @Focus Sash
Ability: Compoundeyes
Evs: 252SpAtk/252Spd/4Spdef
Nature: Timid
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Hidden Power [Ice]
Energy Ball

A special sweeper. Possibly one of the most useful on my team; where it outspeeds most pokemon (especially Dragon types) and usually manage to take them out in usually two hits. Im starting to doubt the importance of Energy Ball and may replace it with Volt Switch.

Cofagrigus @Chesto Berry
Ability: Mummy
Evs: 252Hp/252Def/4Spdef
Night Shade
Toxic
Protect
Rest

A defensive wall. This one is a Toxic staller with Protect and Night Shade. Protect is usefull for stalling and also seeing what move the opponent will use. Night Shade is used for Steel types that are not affected by Toxic and also good to use when the opponent thinks you are using protect to stall instead of attack. Rest, is to get back any lost damage when using Toxic or Night Shade.

Again, if anyone has any advice, suggestions, or comments, that would be appreciated.
Old July 31, 2011, 05:24:49 PM
Landorus

I have noticed a fire type weakness but other than that, it is awasome!
Old July 31, 2011, 05:26:56 PM

Thanks! Do you think I should replace Metagross with something else?
Old July 31, 2011, 07:45:15 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Thanks! Do you think I should replace Metagross with something else?
Hmmm... If I wouldn't replace metagross. I would replace Gavantula with a eeletross for a power house and a wall. They have no weakness's thanks to their ablilty and can learn alot of Tm's. So basically, Eeletross family is awasome! Downside? Training tynamo to level 39 But don't worry! it's easy!
Old August 1, 2011, 09:18:24 AM

Funny that you would mention Eelektross; I actually have one thats a mixed attacker and wall at level 70 haha. But I dunno, I really like Galvantula since this team is made up of my favorite pokemon, but Eelektross is awesome too.
Old August 24, 2011, 11:38:20 AM
Cyndaquil

Giving an air balloon to Metagross helps. Also, move the 4 Sp.def EVs into HP.
Old August 24, 2011, 12:12:48 PM

*Update*

I dont even use half of these pokemon on my team anymore. Although i must say, Metagross with an air balloon sounds like a good idea.
Old August 24, 2011, 12:17:55 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Reuniclus @Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252Hp/252Def/4Spdef
Psychic
Calm Mind
Recover
Focus Blast

An all around wall to take physical and special hits, while also increasing its special attack to hit hard as well. On another note, it is also my favorite Pokemon.

Samurott @Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
Evs: 252Atk/252Spd/4Hp
Razor Shell
Megahorn
Aqua Jet
Swords Dance

A physical sweeper that can also take a few hits. I find that it depends on its Torrent ability + Aqua Jet. Are any suggestions for a better item than Mystic Water to put on it?

Togetic @Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
Evs: 252Hp/252Spdef/4Spatk
Nature: Calm
Tri Attack
Roost
Fire Blast
Work Up

A special wall with eviolite. This thing is a monster when taking special attacks, but also a few physical attacks. Despite what most people think, Togetic can learn Tri Attack; which is useful especially with Serene Grace. I wasnt sure what moves to put on it aside from Tri Attack and Roost, so I decided to put Fire Blast and Work Up on it, but I dont know if there are better moves for it, like Shadow Ball or Psychic.

Metagross @Sitrus Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Evs: 252Atk/252Spd/4Spdef
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt
Hone Claws

Another physical sweeper. Its a great attacker, but it doesnt last long in battle; even with the berry. Im not sure whether to keep it on my team or replace it with another pokemon.

Galvantula @Focus Sash
Ability: Compoundeyes
Evs: 252SpAtk/252Spd/4Spdef
Nature: Timid
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Hidden Power [Ice]
Energy Ball

A special sweeper. Possibly one of the most useful on my team; where it outspeeds most pokemon (especially Dragon types) and usually manage to take them out in usually two hits. Im starting to doubt the importance of Energy Ball and may replace it with Volt Switch.

Cofagrigus @Chesto Berry
Ability: Mummy
Evs: 252Hp/252Def/4Spdef
Night Shade
Toxic
Protect
Rest

A defensive wall. This one is a Toxic staller with Protect and Night Shade. Protect is usefull for stalling and also seeing what move the opponent will use. Night Shade is used for Steel types that are not affected by Toxic and also good to use when the opponent thinks you are using protect to stall instead of attack. Rest, is to get back any lost damage when using Toxic or Night Shade.
First of all, it seems that your team lacks the ability to cover its weaknesses. For example, you have two Pokémon that are weak to Ghost moves and you rely on Togetic alone. You have two Pokémon that are weak to Fire, and you are only using Samurott as a way to counter that, although he is not defensive. Furthermore, you don't have a counter to Electric moves at all, despite having two weak to them. Rather than rating your team members, by rating your team I assure you, that you will be facing a lot of trouble and would hardly win.
Old August 24, 2011, 12:28:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
First of all, it seems that your team lacks the ability to cover its weaknesses. For example, you have two Pokémon that are weak to Ghost moves and you rely on Togetic alone. You have two Pokémon that are weak to Fire, and you are only using Samurott as a way to counter that, although he is not defensive. Furthermore, you don't have a counter to Electric moves at all, despite having two weak to them. Rather than rating your team members, by rating your team I assure you, that you will be facing a lot of trouble and would hardly win.
Yeah I've realized that and I've changed my team. Its a lot different than it was in the beginning of August.
Old August 25, 2011, 06:15:41 PM
Giratina

Well, all i know is that your CURRENT team, is a pretty strong beast.